Linked Events

• June general meeting: June 22, 2008

Author Topic: June 22nd general meeting  (Read 9339 times)

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
June 22nd general meeting
« on: June 14, 2008, 12:50:39 pm »
The June general meeting will be held on Sunday, June 22 from 1pm-5pm at Clark College:

Clark Community College
Foster Auditorium
1933 Fort Vancouver Way
Vancouver, WA 98663

Campus Map
Parking Map
Google Maps

Like all general meetings, it is open to the public. General meetings are intended for potential and current staff and volunteers. There will be department reports and news updates, and breaking into groups where people can meet and plan.

Full details will be kept up-to-date at the main web site calendar entry.

Directions, from Washougal_Otaku which he posted for the earlier meeting here:

"Along the major left (West) road, known as Fort Vancouver Way, you'll see some red circles with numbers in them; you'll want to park in the 3. Immediately to its right, you can see a deformed H on its side; that's three different halls, one of them is Foster. In order to get there, you'll need to go in between the two halls (Hanna & Hawkins) & enter the glass doors; Foster will be through the green doors on the right.

Now, if you'll be taking the bus systems, as far as I know, Tri-Met has no service to Clark County on Sundays. However, C-Tran does have one route into Portland. You can go to either the Janzten Beach stop (which I know the #6 use to stop at) or go to the Delta Park/Vanport stop (which as far as I know is only accessible from the MAX Yellow Line). The C-Tran bus is known as #4 Fourth Plain. Once it gets to Vancouver, ride it through downtown (where the KCon '07 was YAY!) and let it take a right onto Fourth Plain. After a few minutes of riding, you'll see a McDonald's to your left, sitting at Fort Vancouver Way. You can kinda see on the map the Clark College Foundation & the Brown House just before the same intersection. The next busstop is just after the street (which is just as the road ends on the map). You'll also see a Burgerville on the other side of the stop. Now, simply walk up the little hill & you'll soon see Clark College on your left. I'll provide a link so you can see route info & times. http://www.c-tran.com/ (Hmm, I thought this was gonna go straight to the #4, oh well)."
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline kurosakiichigo666

• Chibi
Re: June 22nd general meeting
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 02:31:00 pm »
Washington? Weak....that's a bummer. I can't make it to this one then......I guess it's July for me then.
Co-Founder and VP of Parasol Corp. Cosplay. And you just lost the game...

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 04:41:57 pm »
Now, if you'll be taking the bus systems, as far as I know, Tri-Met has no service to Clark County on Sundays.
Jeff, do remember that Tri-Met has no service to Vancouver AT ALL, they ceased providing service into Vancouver just before the con last year.  You have to catch the shuttle at Jantzen Beach mall or catch a C-Tran bus in downtown Portland.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 08:37:10 pm by Hawkeye »
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 07:06:56 pm »
Washington? Weak....that's a bummer. I can't make it to this one then......I guess it's July for me then.
Vancouver's within the Portland Metro Area.  Remember: Portland is the only little big interstate city in the country! ;P  If you could come to Portland for it, you can come to Vancouver for it.  I'll probably be biking to this one if I come unless you, Nikki, or Patrick could give me a ride.  Might spend the night before downtown at my dad's or a friend's to cut an hour off the trip.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 08:37:36 pm »
Jeff, do remember that C-Tran has no service to Vancouver AT ALL, they ceased providing service into Vancouver just before the con last year.  You have to catch the shuttle at Jantzen Beach mall or catch a C-Tran bus in downtown Portland.

Ok, I just used Washougal_Otaku's description from the February meeting, so hopefully that is still accurate at least for the day of the meeting (which is a Sunday again). If somebody more familiar with the transportation can point out any errors there, that would be greatly appreciated.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 05:28:47 pm »
I wont be able to make due to some family problems, if in need of the volunteer manager, please pm or e-mail me
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 08:59:17 pm »
Can I get a ride with anybody?
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 10:23:04 pm »
Jeff, do remember that C-Tran has no service to Vancouver AT ALL, they ceased providing service into Vancouver just before the con last year.  You have to catch the shuttle at Jantzen Beach mall or catch a C-Tran bus in downtown Portland.

Ok, I just used Washougal_Otaku's description from the February meeting, so hopefully that is still accurate at least for the day of the meeting (which is a Sunday again). If somebody more familiar with the transportation can point out any errors there, that would be greatly appreciated.

If I am reading the C-Tran maps correctly, the bus lines 25 and 39 will both take you to Clark College.  Do remember though, if you're Tri-Met bound you will need to check into boarding the bus downtown or catching a shuttle from Jantzen Beach.  I highly recommend just staying home and using Skype if you're Tri-Met bound and unable to get a ride though as Sunday schedules on Tri-Met are a nightmare in certain sections of town.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 10:38:47 pm by Hawkeye »
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2008, 04:00:31 am »
Holy! I think I can actually make this meeting! o.o Sure, I'll waste a gallon or two of gas, but I think I can make it! ... I might be a bit late! And I'll be able to pay for my Staff reg (finally)... I still need to get that custom picture in too... >.>;; Uhh... yeah. :D See ya there?

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2008, 07:51:10 am »

If I am reading the C-Tran maps correctly, the bus lines 25 and 39 will both take you to Clark College. 

That is correct, however, you'll still need to get off of #4 in downtown Vancouver & then boardthe #25 or 39.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh