Author Topic: An army of gold?  (Read 3199 times)

Offline nintendiehard

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviant Art page
An army of gold?
« on: June 14, 2008, 08:31:36 am »
Hellboy 2.  July 11th.
Anyone going?
Looking for artists!
Eastern, Western...any style!  Contact me if you're interested in working with me on a comic series.  Even if you're only a little interested, audition anyway.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: An army of gold?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 12:14:48 pm »
You know it! I'm having a Night of Tentacles before the midnight showing, gonna have people over to watch other great tentacle (and oddity) featuring films like Hellboy, Dagon, Pan's Labyrinth, The Mist, and possibly Cloverfield. It's gonna be a sweeeet night. But yes, I am definitely going to see this movie, aiming for a midnight showing, probably at Tigard Regal Cinemas.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nintendiehard

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 12:49:27 pm »
Wow.  Sounds like a heckuva night.  Wish I lived closer so I could join in on the festivities.

But yeah, looks pretty good.  The first one was okay, but this one looks even better!
Looking for artists!
Eastern, Western...any style!  Contact me if you're interested in working with me on a comic series.  Even if you're only a little interested, audition anyway.

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 03:25:35 pm »
I'm just a little miffed that Guillermo del Toro made up his own villain for this movie instead of going with any one of the plethora of bad guys that Mike Mignola has already created. C'mooooon, I wanna see Hellboy shoot out Baba Yaga's eye and take on Nazi Space Zombies with the help of Lobster Johnson!

But the new guy still looks pretty cool, and the monsters are just so amazing... Like always. Del Toro is the greatest when it comes to stuff like this.

With the rash of live-action anime movies, if Trinity Blood ever gets done I hope that del Toro is directing. He'd do a marvelous job.

But heck, I'm still gonna go see it.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 03:26:06 pm by LtCommanderRichie »

Offline nintendiehard

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 03:33:35 pm »
Yeah...I'm not all that familiar with the series, so I don't know any of the other villains, but I'm liking this one a lot.  Can't wait for it to come out, looks pretty slick.

Trinity Blood eh?  Yeah, that'd be pretty cool!s
Looking for artists!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 10:38:16 am »
So, what did everyone think? I thought the Golden Army and the fantasy races were brilliant creations and worked very well. It did not feel fabricated at all, I wouldn't have known it wasn't a Mignola creation if I hadn't heard already. And I was really pleased with Johann Krauss. He quickly became my favorite BPRD character, lol. He was so strict and structured, heh, the complete opposite of Hellboy. *thumbs up*

Oh, and there is already talk of a third Hellboy film. It is nothing more than talk right now, there is no plan for development or anything, but Guillermo did speak on the plot of the third, if a third film was to be made. It sounds amazing...it involves an Archangel and Hellboy's ultimate destiny as the Beast of the Apocalypse. After reading that, I hope it gets made, because my appetite is whetted. For sure.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 10:39:55 am by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!