Author Topic: Peacebonding on larger props?  (Read 2365 times)

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
Peacebonding on larger props?
« on: June 09, 2008, 06:42:11 pm »
It has literally just hit me that my sitar will be too large at any given point for one of those peacebonding zip-ties to fit on it. So my question is, how will peacebonding work for larger props? Will we (those of us with gi-hugeic props) have to have brightly-colored ribbons or something with 'PEACEBOND' written on them tied to our large props?

EDIT: Or will peacebonding be totally different from last year and I have nothing to fear?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 06:43:16 pm by LtCommanderRichie »

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Re: Peacebonding on larger props?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 07:28:58 pm »
the zip ties can be added to each other to make bigger peace bonds, post of picture of your prop so we know what you mean
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 07:36:50 pm »
It's not finished and I don't have it... And you're right, zip ties can be added to each other! Wow, I'm stupid.

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 07:37:26 pm »
Actually, there is a chance that if the prop is overly large, we will disallow it, but that cannot be determined until the con and we yojimbo actually see it.  Unless you're able to come to one of the general meetings before the con and we can make a judgement call there.
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 07:44:02 pm »
It's not huge-huge, it fits through doors and is only as tall and wide as me. So about two feet by six feet.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 06:57:15 am »
That sounds like a safe prop size. if it is the same size you are it is usually not going to be an issue.

One of the things I noticed is that Wolfwood's cross from Trigun is a really good measure. If something is bigger than that in any direction then it probably isn't good for the convention.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 10:11:34 am »
don't worry our yojimbo can peace bond anything

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 09:43:59 pm »
So this issue came up at Sakuracon: peacebonding my heavy duty DDR pads?  We got yelled at as we were carrying one in because it was allegedly dangerous and we needed to get it up to gaming ASAP.  We kind of laughed at that, since it would be almost impossible for me to do boldily harm to someone with one of my DDR pads unless I was REALLY trying, but it would still be kind of fun to get a couple peacebonded just for the hell of it. :P
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 10:05:35 pm »
that wouldnt really need peace bonding, but there is a term for that, it wouldneed a handler, that when some one is either in a costum that they can't see or is unweildy and can possible hurt some one (like me i was almost blinded by pie mands pipe at last con)
tho i can see the humor in peace bondin a ddr mat as i always seem to wear costumes with out real shoes and i play ddr anyway and blister or cut my feet bloody

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008, 10:27:20 pm »
Actually, on a more serious note, I do have select attendees that I'm going to be allowing to handle the DDR stuff so that we don't wind up with anything wonky going on. (as fun as it was to smash naruto action figures with a DDR pad at Sakuracon, I don't want that happening at Kumoricon.)
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>