Author Topic: How do I be older fan?  (Read 62141 times)

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Re: How do I be older fan?
« Reply #300 on: August 29, 2008, 10:33:19 am »
I'm cool with 11 pm.

I suppose if you give me flier type info if someone asks I can hand it off. 

Okay, I think I'm going to try to plug an 11pm start time. If people are late, it won't be the end of the world, but let's consider it officially changed (insomuch as anything is official in here).

I hadn't even thought of making fliers, but if it helps get things moving, I'll see about it... Hmmm, maybe I should pilfer copies from the xerox at work. >:]
Has anyone made fliers?  I'm kinda lazy to take charge of this ;)

But I'll plan on meeting up with the everyone at 11pm sat at the info booth

I probably won't have enough time to print fliers, to tell the truth. If someone else out there wants to make a Kinko's run, fine by me.
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline acton

• Sailor Scout
    • Acton's Hermitage
Re: How do I be older fan?
« Reply #301 on: September 01, 2008, 09:19:31 am »
I am 47 years old. This is my First Anime Convention.  I know how you are feeling; I have to deal with the same question.  Foremost of all I am a part of the Furry fandom as I walked down the halls this weekend I see much of the same under 24 demographic at Kumoricon as I would se at any furry convention. It is nice for me so see some older fans and families.  I kept to my self this weekend for the same reason. I am part of a Portland Furry group and I am the oldest. We do have our own meet ups and yes I feel I am the odd man out. My view to the age issue is to act my age but still be approachable. 
I do not know not of meet ups in the Anime fandom but Greymuzzles (furry fans over 30) are not unheard of.

My interest in Anime is a branch off of my interest in Science Fiction so I am attracted to Science Fiction and Space Opera them in Anime but they some exceptions. .

Please not I do suffer from a life long writing disability so please forgive me if my grammar seems to be clumsy.
PS if you do seem me with my con badge "Acton" and perhaps my fox tail do say hello.