Author Topic: AMV Submissions & Statistics so far...  (Read 22828 times)

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
AMV Submissions & Statistics so far...
« on: June 08, 2008, 07:43:37 am »
Here's a thread to discuss AMVs for the contest. I haven't done this before, but on this thread from time to time I may post category total number of submussions, where they are from, etc.

WE HAVE THIRTY ENTRIES AS OF YESTERDAY!

By category:

Drama 1: 11
Japanese Music: 3
Drama 2: 4
Random: 3
Old School: 2
Trailers: 1
Action / Effects: 6

Australia
Bulgaria
Canada
France
Germany
Japan
Korea (S.)
Russia
Tatarstan
USA (OH, OR, VA)

One entrant has an APO address, which means we have an American deployed overseas, wearing our nations' uniform to defend the rest of us - this guy could be shot at anytime and he MAKES AMVs IN HIS DOWNTIME. Boo-yah!

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
Re: AMV Submissions & Statistics so far...
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 09:36:59 am »
Wow... I wonder what the draw to Drama 1 is, huh? Granted, I'm part of that crowd right now, but that'll change real soon. I hope. Kinda. I'll definitely have to make a Trailer now because of the single entry, but finding music that isn't World of Warcraft for something like that will be rather interesting. Should be fun!

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 07:10:42 am »
This is the first time that I released (aggregate) stats early in the game. Now you can see why, if the judges pick 4-6 from each category in order to keep an eye on total show duration, the 'drama' categories get slaughtered: 2/3 of the entries will get cut, and this we're not even at the deadline. This is not the judges being 'hard,' (though it is often difficult for them to select 4 - 6 from a pile of decent, good, and very good works...) it's just the numbers game working against Drama.

Especially since some of the 'Action' and 'Random' that don't make the cut in their own category MAY get second chances in Drama categories, just looking at the table odds here, if a person submits two for Drama-1 and one Drama-2 and it's all older-mainstream stuff, then I get an e-mailbox full of whiney-whiney.

Other cons run a HANDFUL of drama categories such as 4 categories x 6 entries ea = 24 dramas, but when I polled the audience last year, and when I talk to people who left early (why?) it's usually because the audience likes comedy and action works the best. So for me, right or wrong (and I am always open to suggestions and experimentation) I tend to throttle the Drama categories down to the same limited number of entries as the other categories. This doesn't work completely, because trailers are short, (90sec - 2min:30sec) comedy and Action average 2:45 - 3:30 each and Drrraaaaaaammma always drags ooooonnnnn paaaasst four minutes and moooooooree.

Also, (imho) older mainstream and has-been shows such as Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing, FMA, Bleach, and Naruto should be ripe for lampooning and parody. The crowd knows the characters and their interrelationships, but the they're no longer edgy and cool (that wears off in about two years,)  so it's time to start BEING SILLY with these guys a little while longer, before they fade out of the rearview mirror.

In any case this crop of submissions so far is AWESOME !!!

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 10:24:33 am »
SINGAPORE has checked in!

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
Re: Latest Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 10:49:37 pm »
POLAND has checked in!

DRAMA-1: 12 AMVs
Japanese Music: 3
DRAMA-2: 6
Random Amusement: 3
Old School: 2
Trailers: 1
Action & Effects: 9

TOTAL 36 Entries from TWELVE COUNTRIES.

We have about 4 WEEKS till the DEADLINE!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 05:32:01 am by Prinz Eugen »

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 09:13:27 pm »
Geez louise, Poland? That right there is pretty cool.

You know, before I started coming to this forum I didn't even know there was a place called Tatarstan.

Soon, the Trailer section shall be bumped up to two entries!

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 09:14:13 pm »
I wish there were more trailers. The trailers are my favorite. :]
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008, 02:18:06 pm »
The deadline for the contest is by 5pm on July 25th, correct? Is that the same for post-marked date as well?

Since my comp is funky and doesn't properly upload the application/entry form, can I just do a copy-paste of the form onto regular email and put the amv as an attachment? If it's too big, then I'll just mail it in.

Thanks again,
-Heero

P.S. Just double-triple checking......Gundam Wing is old school, correct? Also, if we wanted to do an exhibition entry, can we put an amv into the actual contest as well, or no? Thanks!
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

oslapedo

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2008, 06:11:15 pm »
Dorama category seems boring, if only because I assume the creators took the material way too seriously. I'm curious though, how do AMV contests go? Does the audience judge them, or are there judges? Either way it seems like pretty good times  :)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 07:03:12 pm by oslapedo »

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2008, 10:35:16 pm »
So um... I must be missing it.. where do I go to see the rules and submit my AMV? I can't seem to find it. ^_^;

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Prometheus Prime

• Cabbit
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2008, 09:38:53 pm »
Here's the site for the official rules:
www.opusnet.com/guy1656/k2008-amv.htm
Good luck!

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 01:04:26 pm »
...I'm curious though, how do AMV contests go? Does the audience judge them, or are there judges? Either way it seems likepretty good times  :)
This is how I try to run it, (technical malfunctions not withstanding, etc) :

- Four or so weeks BEFORE the exent, a bunch of judges meet, review ALL entries, and DQ bad formats like WMVs or DVD-type entries, and then select what they as a group feel will be the MOST ENTERTAINING collection for the alloted time. (90min) The judges also select their Judges' Choice as that time. I may (or may not) select a personal favorite called Honorable Mention, or Coordinator's Choice. I have not yet ever done so. The winners of these advance awards are kept confidential until the other winners become known.

At the Con:
- People are usually let in as soon as 1/2hr BEFORE the contest.
- There will special seating up front for AMV creators, their guests, con GOHs, etc.
- PRE-Show entries (many being contest runner-ups) will be run while people are being seated. This also allows A/V people to calibrate. Last year the amps had a filter that pumped up ALL BASS ALL THE TIME, which is fine for dancing to techno/trance all night but SUX for AMVs. Not complaining about the people; they did their best with what they were STUCK with.
- We then play the Contest Opener AMV (I make this one) then the contest entries in their categories.
- After several categories go by and also at the end of the show, we REVIEW each category with 10-second clips from the entries. The ticket or ballot has categories and numbers, and you (everyone in the audience) circle your favourite in each category.
- After the last category finishes, you can also mark your personal favourite. This entry becomes Audience Best of Show. It's not impossible that the Best of Show has to be the winner in its own category, but that's usually what happens.

- DON'T GO AWAY YET! Right after the contest is an AMV SHOW featuring some of the better runner ups (if any) but also THE BEST AMVs if 2007-2008. I collect these throughout the year, and most of them are (a) damn funny, *if* I can find Comedy, (b) ASTOUNDING techniques & effects, and/or (c) Just plain COOL STUFF to WATCH.

- The Main Show is an MST3K style event; people are welcome to cat-call or make suggestions and I can alter the playlist to the audience's interests (based on what I have available, but I often have a stock of 'oldies but goodies.' as a fallback.)

- Later in the evening there is an Adult show which contains some entries bounced for explicit content (some countries are WAY LESS sensitive than the US is... sigh...) which, after that sort of material is exhausted, transitions to other also-rans, faves, and strange amusements, often continuing past everyone's bedtime....
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 06:01:14 pm by Prinz Eugen »

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 06:38:29 pm »
Quote from: TohmaSeguchi
The deadline for the contest is by 5pm on July 25th, correct? Is that the same for post-marked date as well?
Yes. That means IN MY HANDS (i.e, in the receiving mailbox) - NOT "postmarked 25-Jul-08." If you're mailing from on the West Coast, get them off around Tuesday before the Friday deadline.

Since my comp is funky and doesn't properly upload the application/entry form, can I just do a copy-paste of the form onto regular email and put the amv as an attachment? If it's too big, then I'll just mail it in.
There is no 'formal' application form this time. All you need is some way of telling me:

- Your Name
- Your City
- Contact info (mailing address or e-mail address is fine)
- AMV Title
- Anime Used
- Music Used

Your information can be any of these
- a ASCII TEXT file (NOT an MS Word document!) included as a file on a disk
- written on a piece of paper accompanying a mailed disk
- An e-mail with this info in text, and a download URL for me to get the file (must be a free site w/ NO cookies or Java)

For complete info: www.opusnet.com/guy1656/k2008-amv.htm

P.S. Just double-triple checking......Gundam Wing is old school, correct?

All Gundam 'counts' as 1979
All Dragon Ball Z 'counts' as 1989
All Tetsuwan Atom 'counts' as 1963
All Macross 'counts' as 1982

Etc.

Also, if we wanted to do an exhibition entry, can we put an amv into the actual contest as well, or no? Thanks!
Warning: There is *no* guarantee that a work submitted as Exhibition will be shown. It will be thrown in with the Main Show Directory I am compiling, but there's no fair way to promise it will make the playlist...

(otherwise I will get a Flood of Final Fantasy vids with and a screemie-person bugging me to play them ALL...)

Each entrant may submit up to three CONTEST entries. There are no restrictions on quantity or style or (whatever) on entries suggested for the Main Show. ANYONE may suggest ANY AMV as a Show item - even ones you have collected but did not make yourself.

oslapedo

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 07:17:34 pm »
Lots and lots of really good info
It sounds like you run the AMV contest really well! Your intense explanation sure makes me want to go to it ;) I really appreciate the idea of voting by ballot, that seems to be the most efficient way of doing it. How many people usually go to AMV contests? I'm curious to know how early I should head to the area that it's held to ensure a seat.

Thank you lots, your knowledge has helped me tons  :D

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
    • http://mistresslegato.deviantart.com
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2008, 10:06:09 am »
Yes. That means IN MY HANDS (i.e, in the receiving mailbox) - NOT "postmarked 25-Jul-08." If you're mailing from on the West Coast, get them off around Tuesday before the Friday deadline.

There is no 'formal' application form this time. All you need is some way of telling me:

- Your Name
- Your City
- Contact info (mailing address or e-mail address is fine)
- AMV Title
- Anime Used
- Music Used

Your information can be any of these
- a ASCII TEXT file (NOT an MS Word document!) included as a file on a disk
- written on a piece of paper accompanying a mailed disk
- An e-mail with this info in text, and a download URL for me to get the file (must be a free site w/ NO cookies or Java)

For complete info: www.opusnet.com/guy1656/k2008-amv.htm

P.S. Just double-triple checking......Gundam Wing is old school, correct?

All Gundam 'counts' as 1979
All Dragon Ball Z 'counts' as 1989
All Tetsuwan Atom 'counts' as 1963
All Macross 'counts' as 1982

Etc.

Also, if we wanted to do an exhibition entry, can we put an amv into the actual contest as well, or no? Thanks!
Warning: There is *no* guarantee that a work submitted as Exhibition will be shown. It will be thrown in with the Main Show Directory I am compiling, but there's no fair way to promise it will make the playlist...

(otherwise I will get a Flood of Final Fantasy vids with and a screemie-person bugging me to play them ALL...)

Each entrant may submit up to three CONTEST entries. There are no restrictions on quantity or style or (whatever) on entries suggested for the Main Show. ANYONE may suggest ANY AMV as a Show item - even ones you have collected but did not make yourself.

It's weird to say all Gundam = 1979, cosndiering there is a brand new one showing in Japan right now . . .
Demon nurse, la la lalalalalalala, Demon Nurse . . .

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
    • http://www.pierow.com/
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2008, 10:23:47 am »
25 days.

Make your peace, editors.  :o

Offline jupiter13_00

• Chibi
    • Fanarts
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2008, 11:25:48 pm »
Just curious before I go off sending something...

1. Can we just make the file an attachment in an email to you? Wouldn't that allow it to be downloaded for free?

and if not

2. Just a disk with the file and the information on what it is and by who is all I have to send?
KumoriCon 2010

Did you see us? Me and my Boyfriend were the Eyesheild 21 cosplayers.

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2008, 01:21:16 pm »
Quote from: jupiter13_00
1. Can we just make the file an attachment in an email to you? Wouldn't that allow it to be downloaded for free?
Very unlikely. My e-mail attachement limit s 3 or 4MB, and well, you MIGHT make a 10- or 12-second amv...

AMVs are generally 20MB - 110MB in size so eother get them hosted (even temporarily) and send me a free d/l link, or sign up on AMV.org, or mail them in to the address shown at:
www.opusnet.com/guy1656/k2008-amv.htm

Quote from: jupiter13_00
2. Just a disk with the file and the information on what it is and by who is all I have to send?
Yes, plus your (real) name, and city.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !!

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
Updated stats as of Tee-minus THREE WEEKS!
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2008, 03:35:58 pm »
Here is another stats check-in.
Hope everyone had a fun 4th...

Drama 1: 13 entries totaling 44min 32sec
Japanese: 4 entries @ 13min 46 sec
Drama 2: 6 entries @ 22min 58sec
Random Amusement: 5 entries @ 10min 17 sec
Old School: 3 entries @ 13min 8sec
Trailers: 1 entry @ 1min 46sec
Action & Effects: 10 entries @ 30 min & 8sec

Total 42 Entries, @ 2hrs 16min 35sec.

Including the USA and Canada, a total of TWELVE Countries are represtented.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 05:28:28 pm by Prinz Eugen »

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
Re: Updated stats as of Tee-minus THREE WEEKS!
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2008, 02:24:40 pm »
Here is another stats check-in.
Hope everyone had a fun 4th...

Drama 1: 13 entries totaling 44min 32sec
Japanese: 4 entries @ 13min 46 sec
Drama 2: 6 entries @ 22min 58sec
Random Amusement: 5 entries @ 10min 17 sec
Old School: 3 entries @ 13min 8sec
Trailers: 1 entry @ 1min 46sec
Action & Effects: 10 entries @ 30 min & 8sec

Total 42 Entries, @ 2hrs 16min 35sec.

Including the USA and Canada, a total of TWELVE Counties are represtented.

Awesomeness! I've finally figured everything out on my programs and whatnot, so I've gotten the ball rolling rather quickly. Military trailer is underway~! *scurries off*
-Heero/Yami
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline thundercatlord

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2008, 03:33:38 pm »
So what day of the Con will the AMV Contest be on? Anyone know?

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2008, 05:57:41 pm »
Usually it's on the first day.

Confirm? Deny?

Offline Prometheus Prime

• Cabbit
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2008, 08:14:39 pm »
I agree. The AMV contest is usually on the first day.

Aside from that, I ma finishing my AMV slowly but surely. I have to say I'm not happy with my progress. I should have been done by now but I couldn't get it done with Adobe Premiere. I just got the program and I couldn't figure it out in time. Hopefully my AMV is good enough to make the show. Please let it make the cut (praying on both knees:)

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2008, 02:31:45 pm »
I agree. The AMV contest is usually on the first day.

Aside from that, I ma finishing my AMV slowly but surely. I have to say I'm not happy with my progress. I should have been done by now but I couldn't get it done with Adobe Premiere. I just got the program and I couldn't figure it out in time. Hopefully my AMV is good enough to make the show. Please let it make the cut (praying on both knees:)

I couldn't figure out how to work it either....I use Premier Elements which works fine and does your video files in the quality in which you imported it in. Unlike Windows Movie maker, which downgrades the quality no matter how high it is when you first import the file.
-Heero/Alice
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline Mitsukai Mizu Amaya

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2008, 07:13:17 pm »
I sent in my first amv I have ever made into the convention; I hope it gets in. It has a better chance then those in the dramas since it's in the japanese category. ^^ But...

*prays to Bahamut*
KumoriCon 2012

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2008, 10:25:35 pm »
Unlike Windows Movie maker, which downgrades the quality no matter how high it is when you first import the file.
-Heero/Alice

Untrue, my WMM files look just the same as they did when I first downloaded them. There is not a single bit of downgraded quality... Which could be why four and a half minutes was 800+ mb.

I will buckle down and do the last thirty seconds of this trailer if it brutally maims me. 'Cause, ya know, I don't wanna die or anything.

Offline thundercatlord

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2008, 03:34:39 am »

So what are some examples of places I could upload my AMV for you to download? I'm not uploading this AMV to animemusicvideos.org until it's premiered at a Con, so that's out. What about Megaupload, SendSpace, YouSendIt, or any of the sites listed on this page? -----> http://www.email-unlimited.com/stuff/send-huge-files.htm

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2008, 07:12:24 am »
Quote from: thundercatlord
So what are some examples of places I could upload my AMV for you to download? I'm not uploading this AMV to animemusicvideos.org until it's premiered at a Con, so that's out. What about Megaupload, SendSpace, YouSendIt, or any of the sites listed on this page? -----> http://www.email-unlimited.com/stuff/send-huge-files.htm

I have had OK luck receiving AMVs from MegaUpload. It's free for me with only a couple of annoyances: (a) a 45 second delay (fine - I'll do somthing else in some other window) and a pop-under ad for 'Skanky disease vectors in your area! CLICK HERE!'

The others I have not tried but if they're free I will give it a go and let you know if I can get the files OK.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 07:13:08 am by Prinz Eugen »

Offline thundercatlord

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2008, 12:27:48 pm »

I have had OK luck receiving AMVs from MegaUpload. It's free for me with only a couple of annoyances: (a) a 45 second delay (fine - I'll do somthing else in some other window) and a pop-under ad for 'Skanky disease vectors in your area! CLICK HERE!'

The others I have not tried but if they're free I will give it a go and let you know if I can get the files OK.

Ok, I usually use Megaupload. So I'll try that first.

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2008, 09:33:37 pm »

The DRAFT schedule lists the AMV contest on SATURDAY 4 - 5 PM.
Subject to change / watch for official schedule to be posted.... yadda yadda.

Offline thundercatlord

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2008, 12:10:44 am »
Ok, I just sent my info with links to download my entries in an email.  ;D

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2008, 06:28:38 am »
Quote from: Runa
The DRAFT schedule lists the AMV contest on SATURDAY 4 - 5 PM.
Subject to change / watch for official schedule to be posted.... yadda yadda.

Yes. (Draft, etc)

Looks like I am getting a 1/2 hr pre-show and a 3-hr block.
I will be asking the judges for a 90min show, which is 15 more than last year.
Then 90 min for Best-of 2007/2008 plus some selected runner-ups. (or actually somewhat less, because you lose time getting up there to make announcements)

I'm also hoping to set up in the Fan Creation station, (time TBD!) and one thing I could do based on whoever shows up is show other entries which were not selected and discuss (from the judges comments I get back) why these were not selected, or compare them with ones which were selected if their comments explain that: "We pitted {A} against {B} becuase they were similar, and we preferred {B} because ..."

If there is interest in doing a 'remedial workshop' like this, let me know.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 12:17:10 pm by Prinz Eugen »

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
Monday Night Update!
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2008, 11:14:24 pm »
FOUR DAYS to GO!

Morocco has checked in!

Latest tally is FIFTY-ONE entries,
which is ONE SHORT of the RECORD (Boooooo-yah!)

Here's the breakdown so far:

Drama 1: 14
Japanese Music: 5
Drama 2: 8
Random: 7
Old School: 3
Trailers: 3
Action/Effects: 11

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
WHO could have GUESSED!!!!
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2008, 04:57:59 am »
You cannot make this up: TWO creators submitted, using the SAME SONG!!! (Different series though...)

I think that this happened once at AX a few years back - they got THREE Nadesico trailers, TWO of which used the Apollo 440 trailer audio for the movie 'Lost in Space.' They ran the set of three back to back and basically saturated the audience with Nadesico.

- G

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
Re: WHO could have GUESSED!!!!
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2008, 01:44:38 pm »
You cannot make this up: TWO creators submitted, using the SAME SONG!!! (Different series though...)

I think that this happened once at AX a few years back - they got THREE Nadesico trailers, TWO of which used the Apollo 440 trailer audio for the movie 'Lost in Space.' They ran the set of three back to back and basically saturated the audience with Nadesico.

- G

Ick.....that would've gotten old and tiring real quick! They should've spaced it out and done a variety of other AMV's in between so they don't bore the audience...
-Altair/Heero
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2008, 01:54:42 pm »
Well at least I know mine is original... I don't think it's as common as the A-X-E-L song even though it's by the same person.

And DANGIT, they should post a schedule of events in the photoshoot thread so all our attempts at organizing things don't go down the *****er. I'm gonna go see what I can do about the TB shoot now.

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
SOME BLESSED SOUL...
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2008, 12:59:13 am »
... is trying to KILL and CRUSH my computer!!!

In the range of: 1920 x 1280 mp4 at 60 frames/sec and
ALMOST 9000 (not 'over,' though) Kbps bitrate.
Made on a 7Ghz quad-core...

Smell them heat sinks SIZZLE!!!

My main animation render-box can play it though.
Maybe I'll haul THAT into the viewing hall...

But then, what's the resolution of the projector, anyways?!?

Two other fine folk are encoding at 60fps frame rates.
Dang though, they look CRISP and SHARP for action & effects!

LESS THAN FOURTY-FOUR HOURS TO GO!
**NOW** IS THE BIG PUSH!!!

<thud...>

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
NICE!!
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2008, 07:09:29 am »
First we get two AMVs to the same audio.

NOW I get two MORE AMVs - from people about 5000 miles apart from each other - named with the SAME TITLE!!!

This year is a RIOT.

- G

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2008, 11:52:00 am »
Great minds think alike?

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2008, 12:16:44 pm »
An action video and a trailer, finished and turned in.

I is an excited Pie.

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2008, 05:28:48 am »
ELEVEN HOURS AND FIFTY-FIVE MINUTES TO GO.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2008, 04:45:08 pm »
Okay then! I should have FTP and such figured out by then and a nice little e-mail with links and information to you. Er... What adress do I send it to?

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2008, 06:22:19 pm »
I finally got my last two sent in! The first time I sent them, the e-mail was returned due to typo in the mailing address. But I hope it went through this time! *crosses fingers*
KumoriCon 2012

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
Re: AMV ***FINAL*** Submissions & Statistics!
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2008, 03:14:20 pm »
We have EIGHT judges at work.

Here are some APPROXIMATE figures and statistics, as of the START of the prescreening panel:

No. of Entries [in brackets] / Duration:

Drama-1: [20] 1hr 10min 38sec (!)
Japanese Music: [6] 23 min 4sec
Drama-2: [9] 32min 56sec
Random Amusement: [8] 18min 17sec
Old School: [3] 13min 8sec
Trailers: [7] 13min 23sec
Action/Effects: [18] 56min 59sec

TOTAL: SEVENTY ONE ENTRIES.
A new Record!!!

Series:

5 Centimeters per Second
Armitage
Bleach
Burst Angel
Card Captor Sakura
Chobits
Claymore
Crest of the Stars
Death Note [3]
Dragon Ball Z
EF - A Tale of Memories
Ergo Proxy
Excel Saga
Final Fantasy [8]
Fruits Basket
Full Metal Alchemist
Gravitation
Gungrave [2]
.hack//SIGN
Hellsing [2]
Highlander, the Search for Vengeance*
Higurashi no naku Koro ni
Karas
Kaze Makase Tsukikage Ran
Macross Plus
Meitantei Loki Ragnarok
Nana
Naruto [4]
Outlaw Star
Princess Tutu [2]
Rayea
Resident Evil (game)
School Rumble [2]
Shin Anguo Onshi (Korean animation)**
Shin to Chihiro no Kamikakushi
Tetsuwan Atom [2]
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
Trinity Blood [3]
Utawarerumono
Utena [1]
Winter Days (OVA)
Wolf's Rain
Xenosaga (game)
Yu Gi Oh

Various [6]

Total file size is 5.25GB

* The judges will make a determination of whether of not this is 'anime,' based on the half-Japanese/half-American production staff and that it was produced in a Hong Kong studio. The same sort of fuzziness happens with Vampire Hunter D.

** Although Korean animation (manwha-younhwa) is not 'anime,' the judges may make an exception and include this one in the contest based on the other merits. That's their call.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2008, 06:57:59 pm »
are they going to message those who got in or something? 'Cause I'm literally dieing over here wondering if one of my babies got in... since all three of them are my first. I hope mine weren't re-routed to Drama 1... there's too many entries there! Two were Japanese music, so maybe they got in since 1 of them got cut for length and I know for a FACT mine were fine. One was exactly 4:40 XDD. That leaves 5, so my entries are 2/5 of the japanese category and one is in drama 1... oooooohs, please let them tell us creators who made it when the judges are done!!!
KumoriCon 2012

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2008, 07:47:28 pm »
are they going to message those who got in or something? 'Cause I'm literally dieing over here wondering if one of my babies got in... since all three of them are my first. I hope mine weren't re-routed to Drama 1... there's too many entries there! Two were Japanese music, so maybe they got in since 1 of them got cut for length and I know for a FACT mine were fine. One was exactly 4:40 XDD. That leaves 5, so my entries are 2/5 of the japanese category and one is in drama 1... oooooohs, please let them tell us creators who made it when the judges are done!!!

*Usually* from here on in we keep EVERYTHING a SURPRISE!!!!

Watch the LIVE BLOGGING thread for latest exciting dispatches!!!

- GLL
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 08:30:53 pm by Prinz Eugen »

Offline Prometheus Prime

• Cabbit
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2008, 09:26:25 pm »
Is there any chance we can bring a flash drive to get copies of the finalists? I didn't make the deadline (my own fault) and wanted to really learn from them to better improve my own works. That, and I can't resists new AMVs.
 ;D

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
Re: AMVs! ! ! YEAH!!!!
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2008, 11:53:06 pm »
Is there any chance we can bring a flash drive to get copies of the finalists? I didn't make the deadline (my own fault) and wanted to really learn from them to better improve my own works. That, and I can't resists new AMVs.
 ;D

OF COURSE!!!!

AMVs are meant to be ***SHARED***

See me at:
- the Iron Chef check-in
- the  AMV Clinic at the Fan Creation Station, (whenever that works out)
- the tail end of the AMV Off-Hours show (approx 2am Sunday)
- leave message at hotel bell desk?

and I'll hook you up!!!

And we can also bitch and moan about what WORKED RIGHTEOUSLY versus what SUCKED SWAMP WATER,,,,,

« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 12:09:50 am by Prinz Eugen »

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2008, 11:56:18 pm »
God... I hope none of mine sucked swamp water... 0.0
KumoriCon 2012

Offline thundercatlord

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2008, 01:05:33 am »

Yeah, are there going to be a list of videos that got in? Or at least a message sent to the editor if they did?

« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 01:07:56 am by thundercatlord »