Author Topic: AMV Submissions & Statistics so far...  (Read 22967 times)

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
of Swamp Water, [i]et al[/i]
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2008, 08:37:14 am »
When I wrote about discussing 'what worked' or not, I was thinking more of the technical details of individual scenes and effects, not selection decisions of the judges (i.e, this AMV over that one)

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Re: AMV Submissions & Statistics so far...
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2008, 12:38:20 pm »
are they going to message those who got in or something? 'Cause I'm literally dieing over here wondering if one of my babies got in... since all three of them are my first. I hope mine weren't re-routed to Drama 1... there's too many entries there! Two were Japanese music, so maybe they got in since 1 of them got cut for length and I know for a FACT mine were fine. One was exactly 4:40 XDD. That leaves 5, so my entries are 2/5 of the japanese category and one is in drama 1... oooooohs, please let them tell us creators who made it when the judges are done!!!
Yeah, are there going to be a list of videos that got in? Or at least a message sent to the editor if they did?

You will see which videos got in AT the Kumoricon AMV competition (along with everyone else). It's tradition to keep the content of the contest a secret so that people will actually attend the competition. Why go if you've already seen all the AMVs? Besides, the winners of each category are chosen by the audience watching the show....

Offline jupiter13_00

• Chibi
    • Fanarts
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2008, 06:00:42 pm »
What if there is a conflict... depending on what time the contest is... I might busy with another contest... then I would never know if my AMV got in...

:/
KumoriCon 2010

Did you see us? Me and my Boyfriend were the Eyesheild 21 cosplayers.

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
    • http://www.pierow.com/
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2008, 07:18:38 pm »
are they going to message those who got in or something? 'Cause I'm literally dieing over here wondering if one of my babies got in... since all three of them are my first. I hope mine weren't re-routed to Drama 1... there's too many entries there! Two were Japanese music, so maybe they got in since 1 of them got cut for length and I know for a FACT mine were fine. One was exactly 4:40 XDD. That leaves 5, so my entries are 2/5 of the japanese category and one is in drama 1... oooooohs, please let them tell us creators who made it when the judges are done!!!
Yeah, are there going to be a list of videos that got in? Or at least a message sent to the editor if they did?

You will see which videos got in AT the Kumoricon AMV competition (along with everyone else). It's tradition to keep the content of the contest a secret so that people will actually attend the competition. Why go if you've already seen all the AMVs? Besides, the winners of each category are chosen by the audience watching the show....
It's a matter of personal pride. Not to sound arrogant, but I'd be more reluctant to go to the AMV Contest if I had nothing of my own showing that year. If I went to the contest with the hope of my videos being shown and walked out without them seeing them, I'd feel more than a little cheated for not knowing beforehand.

Offline thundercatlord

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2008, 07:33:49 pm »

It's a matter of personal pride. Not to sound arrogant, but I'd be more reluctant to go to the AMV Contest if I had nothing of my own showing that year. If I went to the contest with the hope of my videos being shown and walked out without them seeing them, I'd feel more than a little cheated for not knowing beforehand.

Agreed. I'd feel pretty let down if I had to fight hard with my boss to get even a single day off on Labor Day Weekend...drive all the way to Portland...only to see that I didn't make it. Sure it would be fun going to the convention and all, but I too would feel a little cheated.

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2008, 07:46:10 pm »
Quote from: thundercatlord
Agreed. I'd feel pretty let down if I had to fight hard with my boss to get even a single day off on Labor Day Weekend...drive all the way to Portland...only to see that I didn't make it. Sure it would be fun going to the convention and all, but I too would feel a little cheated.
I *did* once make an exception for exactly that sort of case - someone deciding whether to make a long drive, plus hotels, and bring a parent along - all banking on whether or not that person's ONE entry was picked. We conversed by private e-mails, and it turned out the vid *did* get selected, and a grand time was had by all.

I think most everyone will be pleased and entertained with the current playlist.

So, let's relax and enjoy the ride from here on in!
Hey even Pie Row said (2 or 3 years ago) it's more fun to wait and see!

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2008, 11:06:27 pm »
Quote from: thundercatlord
I *did* once make an exception for exactly that sort of case - someone deciding whether to make a long drive, plus hotels, and bring a parent along - all banking on whether or not that person's ONE entry was picked. We conversed by private e-mails, and it turned out the vid *did* get selected, and a grand time was had by all.

I think most everyone will be pleased and entertained with the current playlist.

So, let's relax and enjoy the ride from here on in!
Hey even Pie Row said (2 or 3 years ago) it's more fun to wait and see!
I can say that because I'm local. People from Europe ain't. ;)

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2008, 07:12:50 pm »
Quote from: Pie Row Maniac
I can say that because I'm local. People from Europe ain't. ;)

OH, NIT-PICK WILL YOU!  (Just Kidding!!!!!)

No really - I often trade lots of e-mails to see if people are willing/able to travel. Thos airline flights ain't cheap, and anyone who would make the trek from Latvia (or wherever) just to come over to Kumoricon - well first off, I'd like to see con staff consider such a person a guest, set up panels, etc.

Incidentally, if anyone remembers the creator who did 'Dancesoholic' (big winner last year,) he lives in Burgas, Bulgaria - one of his friends used AMV skillz to make a video presentation of his city and homeland. You can d/l it from here: http://funky-kun.unacs.bg/

Now on the other hand, if several Kumoricon creators can save madly, why not WE go to THEM! A 'round the Kumoricon AMV-hit-squad Globe Tour: Morocco, (Yusf!) France (Nostromo!) Germany, Poland, Bulgaria, Moscow, then Kazan by rail, then South Korea, Japan (anime ground-zero!) Malaysia, Singapore, and New South Wales, Australia.

Do it in 17 days! Wait, we might schedule a Rhone river holdover for TASTINGS. Same goes for the upper Rhine. Beer people can move on ahead of us to Prague, Pilsn or Budweis, (CZ) and we'll meet back up in UTENA, Lithuania. (MASSIVE brew-country there, btw..)

- GLL
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 07:39:22 pm by Prinz Eugen »

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2008, 08:45:18 pm »
Do it in 17 days! Wait, we might schedule a Rhone river holdover for TASTINGS. Same goes for the upper Rhine. Beer people can move on ahead of us to Prague, Pilsn or Budweis, (CZ) and we'll meet back up in UTENA, Lithuania. (MASSIVE brew-country there, btw..)
- GLL
once chris wins that lotto count us in
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2008, 12:14:38 am »
Yeah, let me crap out a few thousand dollars here real quick. Gimme a sec. :P
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 12:15:05 am by Pie Row Maniac »