Author Topic: Driv3rs  (Read 3796 times)

Offline nintendiehard

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviant Art page
Driv3rs
« on: June 06, 2008, 11:07:43 am »
SO, I was thinking, since it's getting closer and closer, it would be a good time to start getting organized eh?  So instead of making individual threads and all, we could just make one big one for those who need a ride to K-con, and those who can offer rides.

Those in the latter category, post your posts in all bold, so they're easier to find.  In your post write out your area (where you can drive from), your capacity, and a little bit about yourself (cos we don't want any parents all upset cos they didn't know that they had agreed to let their 13 year-old daughter ride up there with a 25 year old guy...I dunno, I trust you all, but we don't want to get into any unpleasantries).

Remember to update your initial posts when things change, that goes for "driver wanted" posts too.  Have fun with it!  Oh, and drivers, any "fees" are up to you...but I'm sure you already guessed that.

Okay, so I can drive from Eugene and up I-5, with minimal detours.  I have a 2-door so that means only 3 passengers (4 if we squeeze 3 in the back), but trunk-space is pretty good actually.  As far as price, I'm thinking between $10 and $20 (round trip) depending on where you're coming from.  Let me know if you're interested!
Looking for artists!
Eastern, Western...any style!  Contact me if you're interested in working with me on a comic series.  Even if you're only a little interested, audition anyway.

Offline Diamond

• Cabbit
Re: Driv3rs
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 09:00:51 am »
Driving from Newberg up highway 99 north to I-5 North. Car is a two door, with medium size trunk and room for three other people depending on baggadge. Price 15 dollars round trip.
Signature? I don't need no stinking Signature. Oh wait. sure I do, their the funny little things after a letter or something, right? >.>  <.<   Did I just say that out loud?  ^.^ dangit I did......

Offline Shingami_lover

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 03:18:02 pm »
Sunset hwy transit park and ride going with one other person more people welcome. We are riding the max to K-Con on Sunday at 10 am come dressed in cosplay if wanted we are
~2016~
Sasuke Uchiha, Kanda Yuu
Touka, Michiru,
and Haha

~Panels~
Anime Court 16, 14, 13 - Chess Master 2014

DicePanda Cosplay, Cosplayers of Oregon, Brothers United Productions

Offline nintendiehard

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 08:55:36 am »
Alright guys, this topic is either more important now, or maybe a little bit less (many people may have already planned this out) but anyway, it's still a valid topic me thinks.  Anyone else have anything to add to this thread?
Looking for artists!
Eastern, Western...any style!  Contact me if you're interested in working with me on a comic series.  Even if you're only a little interested, audition anyway.

Offline Architechnik

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 04:27:23 pm »
I didn't see this before, so I posted another.
I-5 all the way from the bottom to the top of Oregon.  Minor detours fine.  18+ please, to avoid the kiddy trouble.  I've got a 2-door sports car that can fit three passengers comfy.  It's a hatchback, so only two passengers with a lot of baggage.  Leaving Friday night, returning Monday afternoon.
"I was not! I'm an adult."
"That fact that you say you're an adult just proves that you're still immature."

Offline nintendiehard

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 10:10:13 pm »
Okay, this thread has been up for too long, and isn't getting us anywhere.

I didn't see this before, so I posted another.
I-5 all the way from the bottom to the top of Oregon.  Minor detours fine.  18+ please, to avoid the kiddy trouble.  I've got a 2-door sports car that can fit three passengers comfy.  It's a hatchback, so only two passengers with a lot of baggage.  Leaving Friday night, returning Monday afternoon.

If you still have room, I'll ride with you my friend.  I'm 21, I pack somewhat light, and live in Eugene.  Sound good bud?
Looking for artists!

Offline Architechnik

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 02:04:32 pm »
Sounds good.  ;D

I'm trying to leave Ashland by around 4:00 on Friday, so I should be up there about 6 or 7.  I have work in the morning, and getting out of there depends on the breakfast crowd and bookings.  PM me your addy or someplace you want to meet up so I can have directions ready.

Oh, and the way most of us end up working, there might be more jumping on the wagon as time dwindles and plans change.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 02:08:16 pm by Architechnik »
"That fact that you say you're an adult just proves that you're still immature."

Offline nintendiehard

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 02:18:52 pm »
Yeah, I figured that some ride sharing may be the best way to deal with it in the end.  So many of us being available and so little of us needing one an' all.

Leave be 4:00 pm?  That'll put you in E-towne about 7/7:30 (I just drove up here from Medford yesterday, so I'm familiar with it.)  Man, that's gonna put us in Portland kinda late...but whatever, road trips are more fun when they don't go perfectly I've found.

So are you familiar with Eugene?  This will effect where you can pick me up.

I hope some other peoples get in on this too, less gas money.

Hit me back!
Looking for artists!

Offline egonboy

• Oni
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 08:41:56 pm »
Bellingham Washington all the way down Via I5 to the con.
Got 3 spots open.  Minor detours fine.  No required fee but please chip in for gas.

Offline Architechnik

• Cabbit
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2008, 04:08:45 pm »
Leave be 4:00 pm?  That'll put you in E-towne about 7/7:30 (I just drove up here from Medford yesterday, so I'm familiar with it.)  Man, that's gonna put us in Portland kinda late...but whatever, road trips are more fun when they don't go perfectly I've found.

So are you familiar with Eugene?

Sooooo, yeah, I know it'll be kinda late but it otherwise was leave at 11pm Friday night and I figured I would work the morning shift instead.  I say 4:00 so that I have some leeway, but I might be able to get out by noon or 1:00. I'll see what I can finnegal.

I have two other people that need a ride from GP to Portland, one way, but they have a bunch of luggage so I don't know that it'll work.  I've posted on Craigslist for the rideshare as well.