Author Topic: Have you ever fallen asleep in cosplay?  (Read 10141 times)

Offline ~X~Hyuuga Neji~X~

• Sailor Scout
Have you ever fallen asleep in cosplay?
« on: May 24, 2008, 03:49:21 pm »
This is just a random nonsense post of curiousity XD

I'm sure we all fallen asleep in costume at cons from exhaustion or something but XD I was trying on my somewhat retired Rare Hunter Malik costume earlier and I ended up falling asleep and using the cape as a blanket >_> XD;

And I did it at Kcon 2006 in my Neji costume x_X;

So, anyone else? Funny stories about makeup being ruined included XD

This is pathetic....We're cracking up over a sadistic BIRD...

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
Re: Have you ever fallen asleep in cosplay?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 04:00:03 pm »
I wasn't cosplaying, but I fell asleep during AMV Hell at Sak. Music blaring, lights flashing, etc. (like sleeping at home). The show wasn't boring, really! I was just up for like 40+ hours.

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 04:03:25 pm »
i have fallen asleep in cosplay
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 09:59:51 pm »
eve-boyfriend says he remembers me napping in my rinoa costume. i'm sure angelo was nearby curled up in a little stuffed animal ball snoozing too ^.^

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline Delphi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 11:22:53 pm »
I was bored waiting in line for the Cosplay Skits so I told my sister I was going to cosplay "Rinoa in a coma" since I was getting a headache and dozed off.
Unable to come this year. Sorry guys...

Offline ~X~Hyuuga Neji~X~

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 12:41:25 am »
I wasn't cosplaying, but I fell asleep during AMV Hell at Sak. Music blaring, lights flashing, etc. (like sleeping at home). The show wasn't boring, really! I was just up for like 40+ hours.

Lol I did the same thing when I was in choir class when I was in grade school. And band...Yeah.

I was bored waiting in line for the Cosplay Skits so I told my sister I was going to cosplay "Rinoa in a coma" since I was getting a headache and dozed off.

...Rofl! Nice XD I wish I could do that, I've never fallen asleep in cosplay outside of my hotel room/house.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 12:43:34 am by ~X~Hyuuga Neji~X~ »

This is pathetic....We're cracking up over a sadistic BIRD...

Offline Sai

• Oni
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 11:15:23 am »
[size=10]I fell asleep in my Oto Country Fai cosplay.
Woke up about an hour with my necktie choking me.
o.O;[/size]
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 02:21:27 pm by Sai »

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2008, 12:55:27 pm »
I've never been too exhausted to the point where I fell asleep. But it might happen this year :\

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 01:09:36 pm »
I was waiting for a panel to start at Kumoricon last year, and I fell asleep in a chair in Kadaj cosplay.
I was only asleep for 45 minutes, but I ended up missing the panel, and the people across from me were staring. ~ ~
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline sekitan bun

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2008, 06:21:57 pm »
I never have, but I had a hell of a time bugging people that DID! xD
I stuck a pencil up one guy's nose that was sleeping in the hallway, and used one guy as my foot rest (I think I have a picture of that)
Ah ha ha ha...don't fall asleep at the con...I will violate you >:)
Cosplays 09:
Sebastian Michaelis-kuroshitsujiKarren-code geass

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2008, 09:46:01 pm »
I'm never one to fall asleep in public places. It must be that I'm too paranoid that people like sekitan are going to come along and put pencils up my nose xD
LOOOOL
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 11:47:10 pm »
I have fallen asleep at Con, I fell asleep underneath a table at SakuraConX D Came out of the room in the morning, with a Kakashi, and this Gaara was staring at us funny XD
2015 Cosplay Lineup
Female Martial Arts Turk - Nova Kurosaki - FFVII: Before Crisis/Crisis Core
Kaname Kururugi - Inuyasha: Juso no Kamen(Hakama and Normal)
Chika Kururugi - Naruto OC (Formal, and Normal)

Offline Ouka-chan

• Cabbit
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 02:05:37 am »
Ummm, I've passed out in my Paine costume several times, at SakuraCon, but always in a private place.
This year, while in line at the Ali Project concert, i started falling asleep in my Norn costume while I was waiting for my friends to come back with food. XD; I even pulled my hat just over my eyes, picked up and propped my tail against the wall, and used it as a pillow.
;D 08': My first Kumoricon EVAR
~Secret Cosplay~
Shiki: The World Ends With You [Subarashiki Kono Sekai]
Haha lazy...more like fickle!

Offline sekitan bun

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2008, 12:19:36 pm »
I'm never one to fall asleep in public places. It must be that I'm too paranoid that people like sekitan are going to come along and put pencils up my nose xD
LOOOOL
Tis true! xD
Cosplays 09:
Sebastian Michaelis-kuroshitsujiKarren-code geass

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 08:19:12 am »
Not at Kumoricon, but at Sakuracon this year I crawled under a table and fell asleep for about an hour because of alil mishap in my room. Two of my roommates had been fighting with eachother and it got to me and the other girl so badly that we left, went to her cousin's hotel room on the other side of town then came back, sat in the panel room, i fell asleep under the table for a while then got up and judged a contest.

Offline Mei Long

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 09:07:30 am »
I'm usually very uneasy about sleeping in public. However a couple years back at kumoricon we were in the line for the... cosplay contest? Maybe closing ceremonies? And I had sat down, leaned against the wall, and tipped my head forward. Now, I was dressed as Irvine Kinneas at the time so my hat was tipped over my eyes. As I sat there I thought '... why do I have a feeling someone just took a picture of me?'.

A month later I found that very picture on the internet. XP

On another note, from a seperate occassion: Don't fall asleep with wigs on! Ouch! DX
Montez Bailey, 1988 - 2009, we miss you, rest in peace.

!~~~No Kumoricon for me. See ya'll at Akicon 2011~~~!

Akicon 2011 Costumes: Genderbent Kim Pine, Marshall Lee

2012: YoYo, Czeslaw, ???

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 02:08:16 pm »
Not at Kumoricon, but at Sakuracon this year I crawled under a table and fell asleep for about an hour because of alil mishap in my room. Two of my roommates had been fighting with eachother and it got to me and the other girl so badly that we left, went to her cousin's hotel room on the other side of town then came back, sat in the panel room, i fell asleep under the table for a while then got up and judged a contest.
OMG thats exactly what I did, but for other reasons XD
2015 Cosplay Lineup

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2008, 11:37:58 pm »
I'm always afraid to sleep in public...the last thing I'd want on the internet is of me sleeping with drool hanging 6 inches down or something gross like that haha

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline jupiter13_00

• Chibi
    • Fanarts
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2008, 05:59:20 am »
I didn't fall asleep... but I was really tired after the Karaoke contest last year... so my boyfriend decided to carry me off...and he dropped me... U_U;... last time I let him give me a piggy back ride...

It looked really funny though... he was dressed as Gai-sensei and I was Kakashi. XD
KumoriCon 2010

Did you see us? Me and my Boyfriend were the Eyesheild 21 cosplayers.

Offline myalchod

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2008, 02:18:40 pm »
I'm another one who's not real big on the whole "sleeping in public" thing, but I did doze fitfully in the con centre at AX last year, waiting for a friend to finish her panel so we could go back to the room.  I was cosplaying as Unohana at the time, so I took off the captain's haori and used it like a blanket, tucked one arm under my head, and held onto my zanpakutou with the other.  The entire con might've been pretty fail, but those cushioned benches were comfy.

I did drift back into waking once to open one eye and see this guy in pretty good zombie makeup looming over me.  Must've been pretty sleepy, because I just snuggled a little more under the haori and went back to sleep.  (I do remember, vaguely, the sound of a camera or two going off at the time, but I don't think I'll ever see the photo.  Pity; in hindsight, it amused me.)

Offline Delphi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2008, 06:10:02 pm »
I wanna see Mei Long! I wanna seeeeeeeeeee! XD I don't think anyone snapped a pic of me, thank goodness. And fortunately for me I'm a light sleeper. Someone trying to put pencils up my nose would probably have me waking before they get close. Though...I should probably not fall asleep again because one of you will probably try it. >.>
Unable to come this year. Sorry guys...

Offline Posiee-chan

• Chibi
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2008, 08:29:53 pm »
Yeah, actually... I fell asleep at Kumoricon last year. I was wandering around looking for my friends on sunday night (they'd gone off to watch the DN movie...) and I just sat down in the park and fell asleep. I woke up and was all disoriented... it took me like five minutes to figure out why I'd fallen asleep on a park bench. YAY FOR NO SLEEP AT CONS!

then I also nodded off while waiting for my friends in the exhibitors hall at sakuracon 08... they never showed up. I was yuki from melancholy of haruhi suzumiya and I guess I was fell asleep on my book... I woke up to some random person taking my picture... it kinda freaked me out for a sec, but that's the beauty of cons... nothing anyone does has to make sense XD.
Kumoricon '09:

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2008, 02:18:32 pm »
OMG SUMOMO! -tackle glomps- Its turk!
2015 Cosplay Lineup

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2008, 11:59:39 am »
Wearing my Tsunade costume in our room.... I woke up to a friend looming two inches away from my face smiling evilly! No more sleep!!! XD XP
Secrety secrets!

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2008, 11:04:10 pm »
After Kumoricon last year, was so exhausted, a bunch of us decided to hang out by the fountain/courtyard area and do random stuff, and I ended up falling asleep in my Yoruichi (Bleach) Costume while using one of the bigger rocks near there as a pillow. o.o

I also recall that Kumoricon '06, when our group was on the way home while on the Greyhound, we were still in costume. We sat in the back, quite a few of us fell asleep in cosplay.

Our whole group was a Gravitation group.....I was sitting next to our Yuki Eiri.....Um...I recall falling asleep and then I woke up with my head on her shoulder and her head resting against mine I think....Um...I was dressed as Shuichi btw...

I think our Sakuma Ryuichi snapped a picture....

Ryuichi sat in front of us...I'm almost positive she snapped a picture......
-Bakura/Shu~
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2008, 01:34:48 pm »
At one point Friday night at Sakuracon '08 I was leaning against a wall waiting for our skit audio recording session to start (and, quite oddly enough, for the people involved to get there), and I nearly dozed off. I was dressed as Konan, and the next thing I know I jerk myself awake because I have the distinct feeling that someone's watching me... Turns out a lolita Kakashi was looming over me... So I stood up, and she was just as tall as me when wearing four-inch platforms. But then she leaned in reeeeeal close... Crazy things happen at ten minutes to midnight in conventions...

Offline Hitokiri Kenshin

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2008, 08:25:51 pm »
Not in public or in full cosplay, but after getting home from Sakuracon 2008, I fell asleep with my Kenshin scar makeup still on and woke up with my pillow very red. 

Offline Cosplay_Princess

• Cabbit
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2008, 09:36:48 pm »
lol ya i have a few times, like at sakuracon08 i was sitting on the stairs as temari (naruto) with the sakura (naruto) i was with from my group and all i rember was i was sitting there then like 4 mins l8er sakura was hovering over me with a face like  O.o"   lol it was funny

also in the car afew time i fell asleep in cosplay like when our group was all Death note ppl  i was L & in the car and i fell asleep laying my head on our Light (death note) cosplayer and im pretty shure our Near took a pic lol idk were it is but it was kinda yaoi lol
Hey Guys! Its That Cute Little Naru from kumoricon08! named Devy and i went 2 kumoricon07 & sakuracon08!
AND im going 2=
Sakuracon09   &
Kumoricon09    =^_^=   ^_^ <3  cant wait 2 see u there!! ^_^

Offline myalchod

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2008, 08:04:34 am »
It's a wholly unflattering image, but there's something about my Unohana costume that makes me take naps in public ... or something.
I did wake up just in time to find a friend pointing her camera at me.  She made a sad enough face that I obliged her by closing my eyes again.  :3

Offline KairiLee

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2008, 03:38:45 pm »
- - ahah last year at kumori-con me ( dress as kairi ) & my friend who didn't cosplay that year were sitting in one of the main hallways against a wall resting our heads against each other & a dude made me get up so he could take a picture of me when i was almost asleep =w=; .

x; this year we're deciding if we'll pretend we're asleep in random place at the con and see how many people we can catch taking pictures of us xD .

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
    • An LJ that DOESN'T have locked entries?!
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2008, 07:03:11 pm »
I have never fallen asleep during cosplay because I am too busy burning with a fiery, fiery rage.

No one can sleep during so much horror. :|
Anakin, you're breaking my heart if you don't come to "I'd Just as Soon Kiss a Wookiee: A Star Wars Panel" at Kumoricon!

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2008, 07:16:58 pm »
yeah it's happened once or twice. not a con though. I might have been tired out of my mind but there was too much going on to fall asleep.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Mei Long

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2008, 10:36:58 pm »
---Sorry, I didn't mean to post the same story twice.---

Though, honestly Serika, I feel you could have pointed out my mistake in a more courteous manner.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 01:09:12 am by Mei Long »
Montez Bailey, 1988 - 2009, we miss you, rest in peace.

!~~~No Kumoricon for me. See ya'll at Akicon 2011~~~!

Akicon 2011 Costumes: Genderbent Kim Pine, Marshall Lee

2012: YoYo, Czeslaw, ???

Offline Serika

• Catgirl
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2008, 10:59:38 pm »
I'm usually very uneasy about sleeping in public. However a couple years back at kumoricon we were in the line for the... cosplay contest? Maybe closing ceremonies? And I had sat down, leaned against the wall, and tipped my head forward. Now, I was dressed as Irvine Kinneas at the time so my hat was tipped over my eyes. As I sat there I thought '... why do I have a feeling someone just took a picture of me?'.

A month later I found that very picture on the internet. XP

On another note, from a seperate occassion: Don't fall asleep with wigs on! Ouch! DX

Quote from: Mei Long
I usually don't fall asleep in costume, but there was once. It was quite a few k-cons ago, I was Irvine Kinneas, and I had sat down and leaned against a wall while in line for something with my friends. Well, I used my hat to tip it over my eyes and while I was halfway-snoozin' I got the strange feeling someone had taken my picture.

Sure enough, later I found an image of me snoozin' Irvine-style. What fun. XD;

OOOH GODDDDD
lol peer pressure

Plans:
Kumoricon '11: Catherine (Catherine), Nanami (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
Sakuracon '12: Ryfia (Arc Rise Fantasia), other things

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2008, 11:51:04 am »
OMG Someone knows the name Malik~~~~ Oh I love you~ Stupid dub translation >>;

Anyway... I've actually fallen asleep in my friend's Edward Elric costume at AX07 and used the jacket to lay on on the grass AND as a blanket - the costume was big on me XD

Then I fell asleep at SakuraCon08 leaning against my friend's shoulder in my Kairi cosplay.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2008, 03:52:33 pm »
um I've never fallen asleep in cosplay but since I have a hard time falling asleep when I'm excited for the next day, or too full of thoughts of the current exciteing day. That wasnt a problem last year but this year I have definately developed that habbit. So I actually might be caught falling asleep somewhere this year... If you see a sleeping Tifa please dont touch her/me ^_^;
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 04:04:44 pm by Black~Rose »

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2008, 04:03:31 pm »
actually I almost fell asleep on the way back from the picnic ( I was tifa ) I was hugging my cloud plushie and my head was resting on a sephiroth plushie. But everyone kept clapping and wakeing me up lol.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 04:04:28 pm by Black~Rose »

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2008, 05:29:47 pm »
Run around and do stupid things during the con day will spend your energy and you'll be ready to pass out by the time you get back to the room. If you can, do a lil jogging around in the room (even in place) for about 5-15 min before you're out of your cosplay and that'll wear you down to sleep xD

My friend actually fell asleep and slept in her FMA Military uniform. We got back to the room and she was so sun burnt she say "fling it" and went to sleep in the uniform since she'd be wearing it the next day anyway.
Kumori'15

Offline katayamadono

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2008, 12:12:41 am »
@_@ Fallen asleep? No... flat out passed out. Yes. Because of very tight chest binding!

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2008, 01:28:38 am »
I've never fallen asleep in costume, but once at Sakura Con I did stay up until 8:30am playing the then-newly-released Soul Calibur 2.  Astonishingly, there were people trying to sleep behind the gaming tables in the corners of the room. O_o;; I felt bad for them, just a little, but not enough to pass up an unoccupied console with SC2 on free play. I also enjoyed cheerfully greeting sleepy-eyed con-goers as they trickled into the game room at 8am, still on my second or third wind. ;)

At 8:30 I finally left and returned to my hotel room.... having forgotten that my friends wanted to meet and talk about a cosplay contest skit the next morning. Literally 5 minutes after I'd gotten in bed, they called me and said it was time to get up. >_< At 8:45 I dragged myself to the lobby, and we started chatting about it. I was so exhausted that while I was trying to at least listen to them about skit ideas, they literally had to wake me up about once every 30 seconds.  =_=

Needless to say, we canned the skit idea. However, we really shouldn't have waited until con to plan a skit, anyway... I doubt it would have happened even if I was awake to lead it.

After that I went back to bed and slept until 1pm, and the only thing I missed that I'd wanted to go to was a single Q&A panel. In the end, impetuosity and sleep deprivation paid off that day. w00t.
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2008, 03:52:59 am »
That sounds like my trip to SakuraCon~

Got in bed the night before and couldn't fall asleep I was so excited. Left and did last chores at college then drove the 3hrs to Portland to pick up my friends. We got maybe 45 min of sleep, me still not sleeping (thats 24hrs no sleep there). So then we leave early in the morning at like 1am and drive up to Seattle and get to the convention and wait in line. We didn't get to actually rest until about 5pm when we were waiting for our ride to get home so she could come pick us up, waited like 3hrs in a deserted hallway where a security con guard kept walking by us going "what are you waiting for?" "our ride to get home so we can have directions." XD

And even then when we finally got there, she didn't let us get out of costume and made us eat at a Japanese restaurant in town. Finally we got to bed at about 9-10pm ish and we fell asleep VERY easily.
Kumori'15

Offline HatakeGirlX

• Catgirl
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2008, 12:55:27 pm »
Saturday night last kumoricon (07) I was so tired from running around with cosplayers and chasing Neji-kun I fell asleep in the park in a tree for like half an hour dressed as Kiba :3

If you see my napping this year ...please wake me up lmao I will be there as Kurenai sensei

Offline Rukia-chan

• Oni
    • Baka Cosplayers (Come Join Use Anime Lovers!!!)
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2008, 04:56:50 am »
Happen once to me but was at Sakuracon 2008, I was cosplaying Hinata Shippuden and waiting in line to get into the Skit cosplay Show, and fell asleep right in the hallway while waiting in line lol.

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2008, 09:39:15 am »
I had a bit to drink one night,  and crashed on a bed. I didn't bother taking off my wig, nor did I care if it got messed up...lol.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2008, 09:46:39 am »
I've been to three cons and this is still yet to happen. I think even if I was exhausted I still couldn't fall asleep from the excitement of the con XD

Offline KinkyFriedChicken

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2008, 11:56:43 am »
It Was Somewere Round 8pm, Me And My Friends Where Sitting In The Hallway Talking To The Elavator Pple I Took My Kyo Backpack Layed down On It And Well.....Slept xD Till I Woke Up Hugging My Friends Leg While She Was Yelling Rape o.o' And Pple Were Trying To Wake Me Up Half Of Them Were Takeing Pics So When I Woke Up I Was Blind And Had A Few New Bruses From My Friends D: The Reason Why Pple Took Pics Is Im Not Naturaly Tall Or Anything Im Kind Of Short So They Thought Chibi Sasori Looked Cute I Guess o.e'''
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 03:27:06 pm by KinkyFriedChicken »
~Sakuracon 2016

Furiosa [Mad Max:Fury Road]
Fenris [Dragon Age 2]
Modern Day!Fenris [Dragon Age 2]

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2008, 01:50:58 pm »
I almost fell asleep waiting to be judged for the cosplay contest.  But Gaara isn't supposed to sleep, so I woke up. XP

I do however have a picture of my friend napping in a hall.  He wasn't really cosplaying, just wearing a big black duster, but he looked so peaceful asleep. XD  I don't think I'd mind people taking my picture asleep, as long as I wasn't drooling or anything.  Video would be another matter entirely... I'm known to talk in my sleep...
My Kumoricon 2008 photos can be found here.

Secret SakuraCon cosplay progress: 30%

Offline mattstotts46

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/mattstotts
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2008, 04:49:44 pm »
I came pretty close to falling asleep at Kumoricon 08. I closed my eyes now and then in the game room waiting for my turn in the Brawl tournament. Then another time I closed my eyes in the hallway that lead to the table top games. Glad I didn't fall asleep because I talk in my sleep. My mom asked me once "Come on. Dinner's ready" an hour later I asked where the food was and my mom said "We ate it. You said you'd be there on a minute". Apparently i'll tell you what you want to hear in my sleep and not know about it.
Hello. My name is Matt. I like Twilight and the Jonas Brothers.

Offline Posiee-chan

• Chibi
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2008, 05:30:30 pm »
well, I have a new story for Kumoricon 08! I apologize that it isn't funnier, but... sunday night I was REALLY tired, probably from lack of caffeine and the stress of losing my camera, but anyway, it was late-ish... oh, okay, 11:45... so, I went back to the hotel and I walked into my room and immediately fell asleep in my Natalia cosplay, face down on the bed... sideways... still holding my bow and wearing my quiver. It would've been way more epic if it was actually in the convention center, but still, waking up half an hour later with my mom telling me to at least take my wig off was pretty funny, in hindsight...
Kumoricon '09:

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2008, 05:05:54 pm »
Alright, so this happened, like... on Saturday during the day. I remember it rather vividly because apparently it made a crap load of people laugh. Not sure if anyone even remembers it though. I was in my Naruto ANBU cosplay, with my mask on. I had put my Renengad Turk blades on the table in front of me. I was in the loby when this happened. I curled up in the chair, tucking my feet in and resting my head on my arms. My mask was still on, and it apparently peeved off a few people. By the way, the bugger that took my picture while I was resting... Please kindly delete it. You broke con protocol, and did not ask my permission for that picture.

I apparently fell asleep for like 20 mins at tops. Partway through my sleeping, I apparently snatched my blades(they are ones that you can spin and hold with the blade going up along your arm), and was cuddling them in my sleep. Apparently also, someone came up to snatch my badge... something about a snooze you lose thing... and my hand came up in a chop motion, and stopped about an inch from their face. This was while I was asleep mind you, so I am running on what my friends said.

I didn't exactly fall asleep on Sunday night, early monday morning... but what happened was nearly just as funny. I went downstairs at like... two or three... maybe four... half-asleep. With my friend Nicole that was doing a Dresden cosplay at the time. I was wearing this sheer white nightgown, that had slits up to my thighs on both side. I also had this red quilted blanket, and I went outside. I leaned on my friend a little, was kinda loopy, and then went back inside. I saw people playing twister, so I joined in. I ended up wimping out though, my calf muscles started to seize up and spams. I had spent most of Saturday running around on 5 and a half inch stilletos XP (Yeah I'm the red haired chick with the mini-skirt)...

I kinda wandered back up to my room, and finished off my con night with games... -shrugs-
2015 Cosplay Lineup

Offline Toxikon

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2008, 06:10:06 pm »
I curled up in the chair, tucking my feet in and resting my head on my arms. My mask was still on, and it apparently peeved off a few people.

How would that peeve people? o.O
My Kumoricon 2008 photos can be found here.

Secret SakuraCon cosplay progress: 30%

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2008, 06:18:36 pm »
really how would that make people mad?

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2008, 07:08:14 pm »
-giggles- because all day they didn't get to see my face XP And finally I am sleeping, and slept with my mask ON
2015 Cosplay Lineup

Offline nikkiolie

• Facebook
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2008, 07:16:06 pm »
I see. I guess that makes a little more sense.

Offline lin_hikaru_7

• Sailor Scout
    • [chaoTIC QUIXOtic]
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2008, 09:19:19 pm »
Have I ever fallen asleep in cosplay?

The answer is yes.

Towards the end of the night on day two back in 07', my friends and I went to a pizza parlor. Another girl and I got REALLY tired waiting for pizza, so we kind curled up in a booth and fell asleep.

She used me as a pillow. I was Before Crisis version Elena, and she was Classic Pre-Game Tifa. It was kind of adorable.
cosHISTORY

Sakura Con 06
   Kinomoto Sakura ~pink kitty ver~

Kumori Con 06
   Olette ~khii~
   Marlene ~ffviiac~

Kumori Con 07
   Elena ~ffviibc~

Kumori Con 08
   Elena ~ffviibc~
   Hatsune Miku ~vocaloid~

Offline myalchod

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2008, 08:26:17 am »
My baby sister actually fell asleep in her cos this con, and was so very out like the dead we couldn't wake her up enough to take it off.

I felt really badly for her, though, because while sleeping in what is essentially street clothes is bad enough, but sleeping in a binder is epic ouchtime fail.