Author Topic: Artist Alley 2008 / Exhibitors Hall 2008  (Read 129830 times)

Offline khaosvanity

• Sailor Scout
    • Cosplay.com
Re: Artist Alley 2008 / Exhibitors Hall 2008
« Reply #250 on: August 12, 2008, 01:07:40 pm »
Back to the original point of this thread:

Has anybody hear anything from Lori yet?
We don't even have a map of where our tables are or anything.
I'm starting to freak out just a bit now... 17 days...17 days.. x_x;
.empty movement.

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #251 on: August 12, 2008, 02:41:44 pm »
I actually didn't layout stuff until a couple of days before the con last year.

I have been digging and since I have not heard anything back, there isn't anything to update. Hopefully someone from Relations will show up to the meeting on Saturday.

Offline Chevi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #252 on: August 12, 2008, 07:09:50 pm »
Since I've been emailing constantly to get a refund, I have some information I thought wouldn't hurt to share (since no one else from staff has said anything publicly here):

Apparently, the EX Hall has been finalized at 8'X8' booths.  But they still don't have a finalized list (which is what I'm waiting for as well).  They're hoping to have everything sorted out by the next meeting.

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
    • NekoPan Maid Cafe and Bakery
« Reply #253 on: August 12, 2008, 09:06:11 pm »
Do you suppose that since our booth size has been reduced we'll get some sort of refund? 

I think it stated that we were paying for a 10x10 in our contracts...I'm all for getting more people in the room, but it would be nice to get a little money off, since we're getting a little of our booth cut off.

Anybody know anything about this?

Thank you!!!!

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
    • http://nikorescafe.com
« Reply #254 on: August 12, 2008, 10:06:06 pm »
Do you suppose that since our booth size has been reduced we'll get some sort of refund? 

I think it stated that we were paying for a 10x10 in our contracts...I'm all for getting more people in the room, but it would be nice to get a little money off, since we're getting a little of our booth cut off.

Anybody know anything about this?

Thank you!!!!

If we truly are getting 8x8 and not the 10x10 we PAID for and were contracted for, yes I think we deserve something in return. Granted it's not a lot of space to lose, and it's GREAT that they're trying to fit more people in. I am by no means ungrateful, but when I pay for something under a signed contract, I expect whats in there and I will push for some sort of reimbursement for the space being removed during the convention. I am not afraid to take it up as high as I can in the staff ladder either =p. (By this I mean above Relations because frankly they've proved themselves to be incompetent!)

I would like to hear this officially from staff however, so lets hope Relations shows up on Saturday to save face for their lack of response and lack of appearance during the previous meeting.

Offline khaosvanity

• Sailor Scout
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #255 on: August 12, 2008, 10:08:33 pm »

They really ought to.  :-\
.empty movement.

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #256 on: August 12, 2008, 10:30:24 pm »
I am going to assume until someone from Relations makes this official, I wouldn't get too upset. You could be crammed into a large booth with three other people and told you don't have a seat and you have make yourself a small 2x2 spot to sit. That is what I had to do for a show I did a couple of weeks ago. So...I guess that would make it a 8x2 space?...8 foot deep by 2 feet wide....

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #257 on: August 13, 2008, 01:41:21 am »
OK, time to get out my math.....

hotel suggests 87 booths at 8x10.....

This means about 99 booths at 8x8. Right?
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #258 on: August 13, 2008, 02:46:41 am »
I am going to assume until someone from Relations makes this official, I wouldn't get too upset. You could be crammed into a large booth with three other people and told you don't have a seat and you have make yourself a small 2x2 spot to sit. That is what I had to do for a show I did a couple of weeks ago. So...I guess that would make it a 8x2 space?...8 foot deep by 2 feet wide....

Thats what I was thinking, no need to get up in arms till' it's official. And AUUUGH! That's pretty crappy, Evaldas!

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #259 on: August 13, 2008, 03:59:16 pm »
Sorry to double post, but something was just brought to my attention:

The artists known as http://ramy.deviantart.com/ and http://amuria.deviantart.com/ on DeviantArt were recently seen at Otakon this year, cheating their way to get 14 artist alley tables in order to sell their work, via having friends lying to claim they were the artists at each table. I am unsure, but did they attend Kumoricon last year? And if they are this year, is there anyway to let someone above Relations know about their lying to mass-collect tables? What they did was disrespectful, illegal, and very underhanded. Details were provided from famed artist Robert Dejesus, and also seen here ---> http://nyanko-chan.deviantart.com/journal/19937388/ as well as a multitude of people who attended the con itself.

If they ARE attending the Kumoricon AA/EX this year, I will be doing everything in my power to boycot them at Kumoricon (And Sakuracon if they DARE attend next year!)

Offline CassieR

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #260 on: August 13, 2008, 04:39:23 pm »
Wow... yeah, that sounds like him.

I will try to look into this.

~Cassie

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #261 on: August 13, 2008, 05:27:05 pm »
Ugh, yeah I just read about that Otakon thing too. Hopefully they're not coming to Kcon. I can't remember if I saw their stuff there last year or not, though for some reason I think I did. I can't remember anything specific though so I can't be sure. >.<;

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
    • http://bellethecat.com
« Reply #262 on: August 13, 2008, 08:36:52 pm »

I have a very short update. I got the okay from John (relations director) to post here that something shoud be sent out this Friday to people who are waiting for answers.  Relations will be represented at the Saturday meeting. 

My Photos KCON08: http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/wanderergone/Kcon08/

2008 Industry Manager :: 2007 Publicity and Relations Staff :: 2006 Publicity and Relations

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #263 on: August 14, 2008, 02:17:57 pm »

I have a very short update. I got the okay from John (relations director) to post here that something shoud be sent out this Friday to people who are waiting for answers.  Relations will be represented at the Saturday meeting. 

thats great! Sure hope to hear something soon then :D!

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #264 on: August 14, 2008, 10:48:47 pm »
Sorry to double post, but something was just brought to my attention:

The artists known as http://ramy.deviantart.com/ and http://amuria.deviantart.com/ on DeviantArt were recently seen at Otakon this year, cheating their way to get 14 artist alley tables in order to sell their work, via having friends lying to claim they were the artists at each table. I am unsure, but did they attend Kumoricon last year? And if they are this year, is there anyway to let someone above Relations know about their lying to mass-collect tables? What they did was disrespectful, illegal, and very underhanded. Details were provided from famed artist Robert Dejesus, and also seen here ---> http://nyanko-chan.deviantart.com/journal/19937388/ as well as a multitude of people who attended the con itself.

If they ARE attending the Kumoricon AA/EX this year, I will be doing everything in my power to boycot them at Kumoricon (And Sakuracon if they DARE attend next year!)

I wouldn't really buy their art anyways. It's good, but it's not great. Every character in both their galleries have the same face but different hair and outfit or color. :/ That's a real shame. They do have lovely art, but if it is as you say, then that is pretty cheap. That's not fair to any of the other artists attending. That means I could have had a table if I had applied for it XD;;
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #265 on: August 14, 2008, 10:51:39 pm »
Nyanko, I can't find your journal about that either. :/ Do you have another link I can read? I'd appreciate it.
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #266 on: August 15, 2008, 06:33:13 am »
Otakon must've been short on staff drama this year.  ;D

Seriously though, that sucks.
Can you imagine someone trying to pull that scam at Kumoricon this year?

"Mwahahaha! My 10 friends have succeeded in getting me and my art all of these.......chairs in the hallway...."
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #267 on: August 15, 2008, 08:16:33 am »
Man, that would suck. XD

Lychee: Nyanko says in her new journal that she deleted her journal entry on the subject because it was causing too much drama and she didn't want it to make the today section where it would cause even more. There are still some journals on the subject around if you look though.

Offline Pezzer

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #268 on: August 15, 2008, 09:50:44 am »

"Mwahahaha! My 10 friends have succeeded in getting me and my art all of these.......chairs in the hallway...."

actaully i don't think Kumoricon has anything in place that would stop someone from snagging a bunch of booths. now as soon as they had people at the booths trying to sell the art as their own, they could be booted from the con. since all works sold in the artist alley have to be made by that artist and not something being resold.
if you are reading this i have broken free

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #269 on: August 15, 2008, 12:41:24 pm »

actaully i don't think Kumoricon has anything in place that would stop someone from snagging a bunch of booths. now as soon as they had people at the booths trying to sell the art as their own, they could be booted from the con. since all works sold in the artist alley have to be made by that artist and not something being resold.

And given this artists track record for snagging tables, hiring people to BULLY attendees to buy things, and how his art is 99% fanart. You can bet people in the alley would complain ASAP about it.  Granted I don't mind people using 2 booths, or more for a STUDIO, but this is for one guy trying to get as much money as he can. But I don't think he'll be at Kumoricon, to be honest. His next is AWA. Or so he has said.

Edit: fixed quote tag
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 09:47:21 pm by TomtheFanboy »

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
    • NekoPan Maid Cafe and Bakery
« Reply #270 on: August 16, 2008, 11:14:38 am »
The contracts, the exhibitors one at least, says that the booths are 8x10.  So I guess they're not changing it too much.  Hope that there will be videos from the meeting today, as many of us cannot attend.  :) 

Thank you to all who have shown concern and have taken the time to keep us up to date.  We won't forget your kindness!

-//Maid Ichigo

Offline Misuteru

• Sailor Scout
    • DevART
« Reply #271 on: August 16, 2008, 01:52:12 pm »
?_? I'm at the meeting currently, it has been said officially now that booths are going to be 8x8 now.

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #272 on: August 16, 2008, 04:00:38 pm »
Yep, the booths have been revised to 8x8 and they are working on how to reimburse for that change.

Offline bluessence

• Oni
« Reply #273 on: August 18, 2008, 09:24:57 am »
Was there any mention at the meeting of sending out confirmations to people who've signed up for a table?  Now that they've reduced booth sizes, they should have a pretty good idea..

I know cashed checks are supposed to be a good indicator, but that's really not very comforting.

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #274 on: August 18, 2008, 09:37:16 am »
Supposedly, that was has already been done. Relations stated they contacted everybody, but apparently that is not true. :| I also did not receive an email, but I know I have a table(Eric confirmed that when he was still AA/EX manager).
It wouldn't hurt to email again concerning that.

Actually, if it is any consolation, Tom did some rough math earlier and pointed out that by making the spaces smaller, they were able to accommodate the 12 oversold tables. So I am 90% confident that you are in. ^^

Look forward to seeing you there this year!

Offline spaztic_chu

• Cabbit
    • art.
« Reply #275 on: August 18, 2008, 10:54:14 am »
I went to the meeting, and Lori said that she was able to accommodate everyone who paid.  She said that she emailed all those who had booths, and those on the waiting list.  (Supposedly; but I was on waiting list and didn't get an email.  That's been resolved on my end, but I don't know what to say for others.)  She also had a list on hand of all sellers who would be there.

Offline OtokoNoShufu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #276 on: August 18, 2008, 11:44:01 am »
Hmmm...  Were these confirmation notices to have been sent by Lori, or another member of staff perhaps?  Becuase I too have not received an email confirming a spot, but I did have a cleared check.  When searching my email archives, the only email I've ever received from Lori was the SCon'08 AA feedback survey.  This after not even having received a waiting list notice or confirmation of attempting to even trying to get into last SCon's AA.  With just twelve days till the event, I'm not incredibly confident that I'll receive that confirmation, but I guess we'll see. 
Am I on one of those hidden camera shows?

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #277 on: August 18, 2008, 01:33:12 pm »
Relations did NOT contact 'everybody', not that I had expected them to honestly do it. I never got a confirmation email (I was confirmed on Deviantart from Lori however some months ago after an argument, and I'm bringing a printout of that very confirmation to prove this should I have to). I really don't like being lied to by Relations. Really, really don't like it.

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #278 on: August 18, 2008, 01:49:09 pm »
Yeah, I know. The whole thing should have not gotten so blown out of proportion as it did. There is no reason or excuse. I know there is still a whole lot of unsatisfied people here and some of us are just less then impressed.

But for right now, let's focus on getting through this and making this a good year! We just need to make sure to make a small offering to the AA hall *lars, Matt Damon. I dunno if we would care for wine and beans...perhaps some pocky and sake?

*A roman house guardian that was worshiped. It was thought when offers and prayers were made to the lars, the family and house would be protected. One ritual, the father or head male of the house, would offer up cooked beans and a libation of wine in asking to have a good new year and protection from evil.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 07:56:55 am by Evaldas »

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #279 on: August 18, 2008, 02:24:33 pm »
Lol, I'll be sure to bring some beans?

Yeah. I never got an email either.... I was able to get a solid confirmation from my roomie who attended the meeting though. I'll stop sweating now. XD

Offline khaosvanity

• Sailor Scout
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #280 on: August 18, 2008, 02:51:56 pm »
Lol, I'll be sure to bring some beans?

Yeah. I never got an email either.... I was able to get a solid confirmation from my roomie who attended the meeting though. I'll stop sweating now. XD

JELLYBEANS! I will have them for all to share!

Yep, still no "official" confirmation for a table yet.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 04:59:24 pm by khaosvanity »
.empty movement.

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #281 on: August 18, 2008, 04:40:52 pm »
Sorry a little off topic, are jelly babies the same as jelly beans?  I mean, I think any low ranking entity would not object to jelly beans. ^^

I am confident that everyone is in and we will hear something in the official capacity here within the next two weeks (especially since it would be nice to tell people where they can find me and and some of my friends).

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
    • http://bellethecat.com
« Reply #282 on: August 18, 2008, 04:45:34 pm »
= She also had a list on hand of all sellers who would be there.

Does anyone have this list, and can it get posted / PMed to me? Trying to contact people pre-con to see if they would like to donate to the Auction (some people like to bring stuff to donate as opposed to just donating what they have there...)

Also -- I have asked that something about Exhibitor Hall get into the meeting minutes - I was not there and there was not mention as to what was officially said.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 04:46:55 pm by Antares »

My Photos KCON08: http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/wanderergone/Kcon08/

2008 Industry Manager :: 2007 Publicity and Relations Staff :: 2006 Publicity and Relations

Offline spaztic_chu

• Cabbit
    • art.
« Reply #283 on: August 18, 2008, 05:02:23 pm »
= She also had a list on hand of all sellers who would be there.

Does anyone have this list, and can it get posted / PMed to me? Trying to contact people pre-con to see if they would like to donate to the Auction (some people like to bring stuff to donate as opposed to just donating what they have there...)

Also -- I have asked that something about Exhibitor Hall get into the meeting minutes - I was not there and there was not mention as to what was officially said.

There wasn't anything said officially at the meeting.  She didn't say any of this until after the meeting was dismissed.

And I have something I'd like to donate to the charity auction; you can email me if you're interested.  It's not official goods or anything...

Offline Ferreticus

• Oni
    • Realm of Ferreticus
« Reply #284 on: August 18, 2008, 08:18:44 pm »
Still no confirmation E-mail on my end.

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #285 on: August 19, 2008, 01:51:40 am »
We don't have video yet =O?

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #286 on: August 19, 2008, 07:54:49 am »
Okay, I can verify some names for people..

Neolucky, you are on the confirmed list
Blueessence, you are there
OtokuNoShufu, you are there as well

Can Ferreticus, khaosvanity and anyone else looking for a confirmation PM me with their given names? I will see if you are on the list.

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #287 on: August 19, 2008, 06:08:34 pm »
Thanks Evaldas :D!

Offline Chevi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #288 on: August 19, 2008, 08:02:33 pm »
I never got a confirmation email either, but I know that I'm already on the list.  My problem now is waiting for someone tell me if I can have a refund, or if they can let me friend take my table.  I already paid, I should be able to give it to whoever I want to. =/  Or if not that, get a refund, and let someone on the waiting list take it.

Offline CassieR

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #289 on: August 19, 2008, 10:20:11 pm »
Chevi, are you the person who e-mailed about the trade with a friend? I was under the impression that Mike had gotten that all taken care of for you.  If not, let me know, I'll go ask around about the issue.

Offline Lori

• Cabbit
« Reply #290 on: August 20, 2008, 03:53:29 am »
E-mail confirmations are being sent out to both exhibitors and artists over the next 24 hours. To calm things down a little bit, I also posted a confirmed list of both artists and exhibitors.

I'm not sure who said confirmations had already been mailed out, but that was incorrect. Those of you on the confirmed list may expect their packets in by weds. night at the latest.

-Lori

Offline Lori

• Cabbit
« Reply #291 on: August 20, 2008, 03:57:04 am »
OK, time to get out my math.....

hotel suggests 87 booths at 8x10.....

This means about 99 booths at 8x8. Right?

103, actually. Part of the reason I have been slow to send out confirmations was me happily being able to add in a few more artists.

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #292 on: August 20, 2008, 08:08:56 am »
E-mail confirmations are being sent out to both exhibitors and artists over the next 24 hours. T
-Lori

Thanks for clearing that up. John had said something during the meeting, that's all. Thanks for the email.

Offline Chevi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #293 on: August 20, 2008, 02:22:11 pm »
Chevi, are you the person who e-mailed about the trade with a friend? I was under the impression that Mike had gotten that all taken care of for you.  If not, let me know, I'll go ask around about the issue.

He has been emailing me, but while I appreciate his communication with me, I keep getting the same answer.  "You'll get a refund." or "Your friend will get the table." and we just want to know as soon as possible.  I know people are probably scrambling right now.  But I didn't think it was so hard to let my friend just take my table, considering I'm already confirmed and paid for.

Offline Lori

• Cabbit
« Reply #294 on: August 20, 2008, 02:31:59 pm »

He has been emailing me, but while I appreciate his communication with me, I keep getting the same answer.  "You'll get a refund." or "Your friend will get the table." and we just want to know as soon as possible.  I know people are probably scrambling right now.  But I didn't think it was so hard to let my friend just take my table, considering I'm already confirmed and paid for.

Did you get my e-mail from a few days ago? I'm transferring your table to your friend. As far as I'm concerned everything is taken care of. ^.^

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #295 on: August 20, 2008, 02:35:16 pm »
Got my confirmation! Me and Patches are Table 9! HOOAHHH!

Offline Chevi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #296 on: August 20, 2008, 02:38:12 pm »
Did you get my e-mail from a few days ago? I'm transferring your table to your friend. As far as I'm concerned everything is taken care of. ^.^

Oh so she already basically has it now?  I also didn't get the email.  But if she has it already, then I don't have anything to worry about now.

Offline Lori

• Cabbit
« Reply #297 on: August 20, 2008, 03:41:33 pm »

Oh so she already basically has it now?  I also didn't get the email.  But if she has it already, then I don't have anything to worry about now.

Yep. Took care of that at the meeting last weekend. I can send you the e-mail again if you like. It's sitting in my sent folder.

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #298 on: August 20, 2008, 06:01:39 pm »
Hehe, awesome I get #13. One of my favorite numbers. Now to crank out a few more things before the con. XD

Offline Chevi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #299 on: August 20, 2008, 06:59:39 pm »

Yep. Took care of that at the meeting last weekend. I can send you the e-mail again if you like. It's sitting in my sent folder.

If you could, just to have it anyways. :D