Author Topic: Artist Alley 2008 / Exhibitors Hall 2008  (Read 129810 times)

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
    • http://nikorescafe.com
Artist Alley 2008 / Exhibitors Hall 2008
« on: May 20, 2008, 02:31:07 pm »
This is just...to try and get a few answers since I've sent so many emails and have yet to get any clarification on this topic, and I can't find any recent topics talking about this years convention artist alley! So here goes:

1.) I'd really like to get my table/badges squared away, ASAP. I've received no response on email and am just trying to figure out where to get a contract, and such.
2.) Is there an art show this year? How do I get involved?
3.) Is the alley and Exhibitors hall the same room? It was last year so I assume it is this year.
4.) I'm debating a dealers booth - What's the pro's and cons of this vs an artist booth?

I realize I should have registered at the end of last year, or even at Sakuracon, but I simply did not have time or the money. Now I do, and want to make sure they don't get sold out before I get in. Seeing as I have my hotel and trip already planned and done, and I am going through a neurotic phase of "GET THINGS DONE NOW". So =D little help? Thanks!

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
Re: Artist Alley 2008 / Exhibitors Hall 2008
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 03:04:20 pm »
The only one I have an answer for you is 2).  Yes, there will be an art show this year.  Info and sign-ups will (hopefully) posted by the first of June.
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 03:34:15 pm »
I can anwser #4 because it has been discussed on several occasions: Here is the rundown...

Exhibitors Hall
1st Booth: $225.00 (US)
Additional Booths: $175.00 (US)
Booths are 10′ x 10′, and come with a 8′ x 30″ table with 2 chairs and a 120-volt power outlet. Pipe and drape included.
The first booth includes 2 full passes to the convention. Additional booths do not include additional passes. Additional passes are $25.00 (US) each.

Artist Alley
Booths are $80.00 (US) 10′ x 10′, and come with a 8′ x 30″ table with 2 chairs and a 120-volt power outlet. Pipe and drape included.
Artist Alley is open to creators of original artwork, fan art, and handicrafts only.

I have heard that the Artist and Exhibitors will be in the same room. However, do not quote me on that. I do not have the official word. But do keep a close eye out as we come into summer. More details will be released.

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 12:53:52 am »
Apparently your AA coordinator just told me the hall is completely full.

Um. What????

Offline Lori

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 03:44:41 am »
I don't log on to the forums as often as I should, but a few things:

Upon inheriting the Exhibits hall from the incomparable Eric, I also inherited his reg system for both booths and tables this year. This meant that artists were allowed to purchase their tables AT last year's con. This, of course lead to many artists jumping on that opportunity, which meant that I came in to the year with the AA a little over 1/2 full. And with only 20 spaces, well you can imagine how they might go.

Offline Chevi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 05:40:34 pm »
So wait, all the tables are already gone?! :O

Offline Lori

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 06:52:27 pm »
After giving it some thought, I will expand the AA. I will be replying to all AA inquiries on Monday, when I return from A-kon.

Offline Chevi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 07:04:26 pm »
After giving it some thought, I will expand the AA. I will be replying to all AA inquiries on Monday, when I return from A-kon.

That's good news, I've emailed the main Kumori exhibitors email and noted you on DA Lori, please let me know at your earliest convienience.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 07:07:53 pm by Chevi »

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
    • Angel Sorrows: The Official Tainted Angel Website (OS)
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 12:13:56 pm »
Yeah, I got my registration last year after the con and I'm thinking that next year it would be nice to have a reserve for those who just don't have the money for the AA.  If you have been going to the show more than 2 times (like if you were at the show two shows before this current show) then you should be given like an email or letter from the show asking if you want the spot for the next show.  This is how it works at the Portland Comic Book show and it's so easy! I love going to that show because it's that easy and I know that it's a dog-eat-dog sort of situation but it would be nice to at least feel reassured that you will get a chance to have a space for next year just because you don't have the money right now. 
Parents; be good to your kids.... they'll be choosing your nursing home.

Offline OtokoNoShufu

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 05:38:55 pm »
My AA contract cleared payment earlier this month.  However, for my peace of mind, and also those who got their tables regged at the last con, will there be a list available of who currently has a table and how many are left?  Thanks! ^_^
Am I on one of those hidden camera shows?

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 06:09:41 pm »
My AA contract cleared payment earlier this month.  However, for my peace of mind, and also those who got their tables regged at the last con, will there be a list available of who currently has a table and how many are left?  Thanks! ^_^

Yeah, mine cleared earlier this month too, but I was wondering the same thing. This would be super helpful. n.n

Offline khaosvanity

• Sailor Scout
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 11:38:49 am »
I think an emailed update for all who have already table would be excellent.
 :-\
.empty movement.

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2008, 10:28:36 pm »
Agreed!  ;D

Offline khaosvanity

• Sailor Scout
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2008, 07:00:25 pm »
And yet, still nothing. I'm sad that Eric isn't the AA coordinator! He always had updates for everyone. Esp. this close the the con.  >:(
.empty movement.

Offline Patchwerk

• Cabbit
    • Patches' DA gallery
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2008, 10:40:37 pm »
  Methinks someone needs to get on the ball...  The convention is only 2 months away.

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2008, 11:28:30 pm »
No kidding!

And...why exactly ISN'T Eric AA coordinator this year? I'ma' miss that silly man and his fun time candy! =<

Offline Pezzer

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2008, 01:56:20 pm »
i did updates about 2 weeks before the con FYI.
if you are reading this i have broken free

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2008, 06:37:22 pm »
I don't remember it being -that- close =p. And I remember the website being kinda updated a bit more then that near to the con. Maybe I'm wrong though! But I felt a lot more informed last year, then this year. Less ignored on Email/Pm level as well. (And I'm aware of the backlog and recent email issues, those are fixed. And I'm still not getting responses.)

Offline khaosvanity

• Sailor Scout
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2008, 02:19:19 pm »
i did updates about 2 weeks before the con FYI.

I could have swore you updated us at least 2 times. Once earlier in the summer, and once right before the con. ^^;
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 02:24:03 pm by khaosvanity »
.empty movement.

Offline Pezzer

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2008, 05:27:24 pm »
nope nope, just the once. well one when i got the contract and then agian before the con (to remind people to show up)

ugh... who pays for a booth and their friends booth (next to them) and then doesn't show up!

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2008, 05:49:22 pm »
The only thing that I really worry about is not having confirmation about a table (or my convention registration for that matter). I know that my check cleared, but that's all I know. This is my first AA so I'm not 100% sure how it's supposed to work and it's a little bit scary not hearing anything for so long. n.n;;

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2008, 07:58:52 pm »
nope nope, just the once. well one when i got the contract and then agian before the con (to remind people to show up)

ugh... who pays for a booth and their friends booth (next to them) and then doesn't show up!

Woah, yeah that's pretty wack! There was some pretty bizarre happenings last year, as I recall. Lol.

And I agree Genki, some confirmation might be nice. However, if you have questions I'd just email the exhibitor person again! Not a lotta' staffers people seem to be on these forums often, so email seems to be the way to go.

( Not that I'm getting ya know...response either. Gee. And I sent a money order, so I don't even get a 'cleared' notification!) But have no fear, if it cleared, no doubt you have your table. Just keep record of it in case!

Offline soupisgreen

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2008, 03:26:19 pm »
I'd also really like to see a confirmation list. I was one of the ones who registered at last years con. With the switch of managers I just want to make sure I wasn't lost in the confusion.

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2008, 01:31:53 pm »
Still no email response. Grrrrr. And I highly doubt we'll see confirmation on the forums either. How frustrating.  >:(

Not sure if having a list like that is possible/probable. I didn't really remember seeing one last year, I don't think. Although yeah, I was kinda scared stuff got lost this year.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 04:48:13 pm by Neolucky »

Offline PinqFuu

• Sailor Scout
    • pinqcouture
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2008, 04:41:54 pm »
Still no email response. Grrrrr. And I highly doubt we'll see confirmation on the forums either. How frustrating.  >:(

I understand your frustration. It's worrying to me because I've sent in my check and contract already and it's been cashed and no confirmation was provided. Earlier in the year I complained of Artist Alley complications but was able to receive the contract eventually- provided by Lori at the time. I did e-mail registration@kumoricon.org recently to see about confirmation of my attendance and if they might have anything about my table(if I got one). They promptly e-mailed me back the following day and said they would get back to me about a weeks time. All the information they could provide at then was that Artist Alley badges will again be picked up and not mailed out.

If I receive any more information I'll let you guys know.
It's hard being pinq.

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2008, 04:47:32 pm »

I understand your frustration. It's worrying to me because I've sent in my check and contract already and it's been cashed and no confirmation was provided. Earlier in the year I complained of Artist Alley complications but was able to receive the contract eventually- provided by Lori at the time. I did e-mail registration@kumoricon.org recently to see about confirmation of my attendance and if they might have anything about my table(if I got one). They promptly e-mailed me back the following day and said they would get back to me about a weeks time. All the information they could provide at then was that Artist Alley badges will again be picked up and not mailed out.

If I receive any more information I'll let you guys know.

MUCH appreciated Pinqfu. I gotta admit, I would not be jumping the gun or being so antsy if it weren't just so close to the convention itself. Or if it was just -me- having this issue, but I keep seeing that other people are as well so I've been getting increasingly worried and angry about the topic. I did not know the badges would be a pick-up deal until just now, either.

Edit-

I heard some information today from the Exhibitors Manager, that the contracts go through quite a bit of a process before they even get to SEE them. Basically, the director of Relations and Treasurer need to sift through them before scanning and emailing them to the Exhibitors Manager. I was also informed that they'd be coming in any day now, hopefully. This was not a process I was aware of. But this could be the reason why there's been little confirmation. Hopefully this info helps too.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 05:02:22 pm by Neolucky »

Offline PinqFuu

• Sailor Scout
    • pinqcouture
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2008, 04:56:37 pm »
What's unsettling to me is that I was looking back to another thread about the artist alley and sending contracts and if you wanted confirmation you had to REQUEST it when you sent payment. If you send any type of payment you DO NOT request your receipt, you should be provided it. I'm lucky that my check was electronically scanned and provided to me by my bank, but it still does not provide confirmation of what I've paid for.

We'll see what happens, there always seems to be some kind of drama attributed to my visits to Kumoricon.
It's hard being pinq.

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2008, 05:06:00 pm »
What's unsettling to me is that I was looking back to another thread about the artist alley and sending contracts and if you wanted confirmation you had to REQUEST it when you sent payment. If you send any type of payment you DO NOT request your receipt, you should be provided it. I'm lucky that my check was electronically scanned and provided to me by my bank, but it still does not provide confirmation of what I've paid for.

We'll see what happens, there always seems to be some kind of drama attributed to my visits to Kumoricon.

I edited my post above yours btw with some new Info!

And yeah...that feels a little fishy to me. Although I always request confirmation, just to be crystal clear I wanna know whats going on. And whats worse? I used a money order, not a check (but BOTH payment options are available, and I do not use checks anyways). I will not get a confirmation of it being cashed and used, but I will keep my receipt in case I need that to prove I DID indeed pay and send in a contract. This table is integral to my visit, ya know?

Sadly this is the first time I've EVER had drama surrounding this convention, usually it's every other one, and not this one. But hey, if we both make it there we should go get some ice cream or something to celebrate XD.

Offline PinqFuu

• Sailor Scout
    • pinqcouture
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2008, 05:17:53 pm »
I just checked my bank and the copy of my check. The check was cashed on april 7th. So I'm assuming my contract was okay. I can't criticize the process too much as it's worked in the past, but I can't help but be skeptical of the current coordinator.

We can has starbucks :B or both, ice cream and starbucks <3 ICE CREAM STARBUCKS AND CAKE!!... that is how we will rejoice >:)
It's hard being pinq.

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2008, 05:25:02 pm »
Yeah I think it's safe to say that if it was cashed, the contract should be valid. At least I hope so! And I agree, process seemed to work fine before. Although to be honest, I knew (know) very little ABOUT the process in general, and only assumed it went through 2-3 other people before it was confirmed. I just...thought it'd be earlier on in the year. But with the big email-issue (Nothing was forwarding, or so I heard) it seemed to create mass confusion.

And...Oh god, our teeth will be rotted out in jubilant celebration. <3

Offline Pezzer

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2008, 09:48:28 am »
if the check as been cashed that means it has made it to me (Treasurer) and the contract has been passed onto the AA/EX manager.

I apologize for not notifying people as I got contracts from the Mail box. I will try to notify people from now on as to what stage their contracts are in. (eg, I  got the money and its being passed on to the AA/EX manager).

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
    • http://mistresslegato.deviantart.com
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2008, 11:22:41 am »
I've sent e-mails to 2 different e-mails and received no replies, so either your system is messed up or I'm being ignored.

I would liked to know if the alley is full yet and I've been trying to get contact about a table for a month.

Please let me know, I'm just waiting to figure out who to give my money to.
Demon nurse, la la lalalalalalala, Demon Nurse . . .

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2008, 05:48:09 pm »
AAWWwwrriiiiigghhtttt - I just got confirmed for my table!

Just gotta be persistent, and believe things'll work out methinks. Anyone else get confirmed yet?

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2008, 06:12:54 pm »
I haven't received any replies for anything.  I've read all of these complaints and it's kind of ridiculous that we have to be persistent when we're trying to give them our money.

Offline PinqFuu

• Sailor Scout
    • pinqcouture
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2008, 10:32:04 pm »
AAWWwwrriiiiigghhtttt - I just got confirmed for my table!

Just gotta be persistent, and believe things'll work out methinks. Anyone else get confirmed yet?

Sounds like we're down for starbucks, icecream and cake!
It's hard being pinq.

Offline StrawberryJeli

• Cabbit
    • http://strawberryjeli.deviantart.com
Trouble contacting Artist Alley?
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2008, 05:39:03 pm »
Headcount; Who else is trying to get a table, but not getting any response?

And if you have gotten a response, what are you doing that we aren't (bribes?)? I've been trying to get a table since April.

[Moderator: Merged into this thread]
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 12:34:48 am by JeffT »

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2008, 12:49:26 am »
I have no idea, but maybe next year they can get someone who knows what they're doing and cares about the job.

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2008, 01:34:45 am »
Unfortunately I went the harassing route of finding the Coordinator on Deviantart and noted her after getting no response through email. However, simply because I already caused such a huge flood of notes (Posting this thread originally did so, apparently) I won't post her name here.

I was also told through DeviantArt that I was confirmed, granted this was after I got rather feisty on the topic at hand. I never once received a response for ANY of my emails throughout the year, however.

If you have not paid, or even received a contract, then I don't really know what else you can do but wait and keep emailing =\.

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2008, 01:45:33 am »
if the check as been cashed that means it has made it to me (Treasurer) and the contract has been passed onto the AA/EX manager.

I apologize for not notifying people as I got contracts from the Mail box. I will try to notify people from now on as to what stage their contracts are in. (eg, I  got the money and its being passed on to the AA/EX manager).

Wait a minute. Are you saying if people had their checks cashed in MONTHS ago, that it was sent off to the AA manager THEN? And that people should have been notified about this a long time ago? Because how it sounded to me, was that it took a long time to get through treasurer and Relations...I mean no offense, but it's taken one hell of a long time to GET to the AA manager if it's the case, either that or there's another blatant issue here.

Offline Patchwerk

• Cabbit
    • Patches' DA gallery
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2008, 02:51:02 am »
  "E-Excuse me... Have you seen my AA coordinator?"

(Sorry... Just trying to lighten the mood.  I seriously hope this gets worked out for those of you still waiting.)

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2008, 11:41:03 am »
Are there any other people on staff that can contact this person and get her to do her job? It's incredibly unprofessional to be unable to contact someone who NEEDS to be in contact with people and to not bother checking the forums.

Offline PinqFuu

• Sailor Scout
    • pinqcouture
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2008, 02:43:27 pm »
I sent an e-mail to registration about a week ago, they informed me of the release of badges for the Artist Alley would be on your arrival (probably on Friday evening) like it was last year. I had ask them to see if they could confirm my table and registration. They responded stating they did not have the info and they would forward my e-mail to the Director of Relations who over looks the AA coordinator. I mentioned the current turmoil on the forums and the mass confusion, and am awaiting a return e-mail about the situation.

From Eric though, it seems my table has been confirmed since my check was cashed but there is no official confirmation. As for other info, like table availability, contracts, and or other information pertaining to AA, I still have no further information for you all. If and when I receive an e-mail return from the Direct of Relations I'll let you know.
It's hard being pinq.

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2008, 05:27:41 pm »
I got my contract from the AA coordinator through email in March or so. It took me a month to get a response though. Currently I've got an email out to the exhibitors address about table confirmation, since my check cleared a long time ago, but I'm not sure I'll hear anything. I can't believe people are still waiting to hear back on getting a contract. >.<;

Hopefully this will all be cleared up soon. If I get confirmation I was thinking of sharing my table still, since it's my first time and I'm not sure I can fill up a big table on my own. I just don't want to bump my topic on it without knowing for sure that I have a table at all.

Offline khaosvanity

• Sailor Scout
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2008, 05:49:11 pm »
This is all getting really ridiculous.

All I want is confirmation that I have my table!  >:(
.empty movement.

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2008, 07:48:16 pm »
Screw it.  If Kumoricon doesn't want my money, that's fine with me.  I'll try to get a table at Sakuracon and maybe K-con next year when someone who gives a #*$& is the relations person.

*edited on 6/25/08 by Hawkeye*
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 11:23:40 pm by Hawkeye »

Offline Neolucky

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2008, 09:10:34 pm »
Just to..clear things up:

Had ANYONE here EVER received an email from exhibitors@kumoricon.org ...EVER?

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2008, 09:17:07 pm »
Dang... I hate to see all the trouble going on :/

I want to get a table next year, but if it's like this then, then I really wonder if I should even try...

Offline GenkiIchigo

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Genki's DevArt~
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2008, 10:17:05 pm »

I did, but only waaaaay back in like...March when I got my contract.

Offline Misuteru

• Sailor Scout
    • DevART
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2008, 10:32:48 pm »

lol Last time I got a response from that e-mail was nearly two years ago. I've gotten no reply from anything I've sent this year.

According to her DA journal
"Oh, and for those of you trying to get a hold of me for Kumoricon's AA: Please do not send me notes regarding that. My e-mail problem has been fixed and I will be e-mailing out contracts according to e-mail timestamp only. (exceptions being made for people who sent them to me prior to today, as they didn't know)"

Can I voice my disappointment that I had to search for this? Like everyone trying to contact her reads her DA Journals?

Not that I'm inclined to trust I'll get any sort of reply now.

Offline khaosvanity

• Sailor Scout
    • Cosplay.com
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2008, 11:08:44 pm »

lol Last time I got a response from that e-mail was nearly two years ago. I've gotten no reply from anything I've sent this year.

According to her DA journal
"Oh, and for those of you trying to get a hold of me for Kumoricon's AA: Please do not send me notes regarding that. My e-mail problem has been fixed and I will be e-mailing out contracts according to e-mail timestamp only. (exceptions being made for people who sent them to me prior to today, as they didn't know)"

Can I voice my disappointment that I had to search for this? Like everyone trying to contact her reads her DA Journals?

Not that I'm inclined to trust I'll get any sort of reply now.

Geez...really? Like we all know to read her DA Journal?!
If she can't keep up with emailing people, she should step down and let someone else take over. 
.empty movement.