Author Topic: Trouble(Plushies!)  (Read 1768 times)

Offline Arumi

• Sailor Scout
Trouble(Plushies!)
« on: May 11, 2008, 08:51:07 am »
Well, I must admit, as the title says, I'm pretty much screwed. I need to make a raccoon plushie for my cosplay this year. To be honest.. I don't even know where to start. That, and the person that I'm buying my cosplay from(For my mother STILL hasn't taught me how to use our sewing machine. I'd be afraid to try myself in fear of stabbing my hand. x.x) So I'm wondering if anyone has some tips on how to make a plushie for cosplays, what kind of materials to use and such?Anything would be a great help. Thanks~!><
-Arumi
MEWcon '10/'11
Silent Hill Nurse
Secret cosplay. ;3

Sakuracon '11
Beast(Kuroshitsuji)
Blind Mag(Repo!)

Kumoricon '11
Beast(Kuroshitsuji)-hopefully!

Offline Rainfeather

• Sailor Scout
    • Firebead
Re: Trouble(Plushies!)
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 01:20:05 pm »
Are you in Oregon by chance? x: Asking because they have great patterns at Fabric Depot for making plushies or stuffed animals. You could also look on the intarwebs, just looking up regular animal patterns and changing them to your own design?

If you need help with it, I can point out certain things and whatnot. xD Or I can make one for you, s'up to you.
Red Mage at heart.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 05:03:24 pm »
it would help it you posted a pic of what you want the plushie to look like
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Arumi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 09:39:04 pm »
http://pelusoft.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/komugi_vc_dpg43.jpg This is a picture with all the characters. The brown raccoon thing on Koyori's (The girl with the purple dress) arm is what I need to make. Posokichi. I've seen someone with one that looked like it was store baught, but I woulden't know where to look.
MEWcon '10/'11
Silent Hill Nurse
Secret cosplay. ;3

Sakuracon '11
Beast(Kuroshitsuji)
Blind Mag(Repo!)

Kumoricon '11
Beast(Kuroshitsuji)-hopefully!

Offline Rainfeather

• Sailor Scout
    • Firebead
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 10:38:37 pm »
Have you tried eBay? :o Or even yahoo!japan?

But that aside, I went and looked up 'Posokichi' and found some cosplays, especially this one - http://hezachan.deviantart.com/art/Koyori-Kokubunji-Cosplay-41912397?offset=30

It looks like she made the plushie by hand, so perhaps you could note her and ask how she made it?
Red Mage at heart.