Author Topic: Having a manga problem! (MARS)  (Read 3855 times)

Offline JeniOctavia

• Cabbit
Having a manga problem! (MARS)
« on: May 12, 2008, 12:16:10 pm »
Has anyone run in to this before?

A slightly older, completed series is released by a fairly well known company (in this case MARS and Tokyo Pop), and its out for quite a long time. Suddenly you get an interest in getting it after all the issues have already been translated, and you near the end only to find that for some reason, one single volume is pretty much non existent?

I was looking to finish off MARS (I stopped for a while to catch up on the current releases of FMA). I had up to 12, and easily found 14 and 15, which I've already ordered. However Borders said they couldn't find the book. Powells Books has it on back order indefinitely. And probably the strangest part? All used copies of MARS are between 3 and 8 dollars, depending. MARS 13? Over SEVENTY DOLLARS in some places. The cheapest being Amazon where you can only find used for 22.

I'm really confused, and really heart broken. I was so set on finishing this series, and I'm being thwarted by a random lack of printing? Has this happened to anyone before? And would ANYONE know where I can find a copy of 13 that isn't going to make me SELL the collection just to get it? The one place I've found so far is Kinokuniya's San Fransisco, I'm just not sure if its as accurate as the site says it is. There's a good chance it won't be there.

Please help, and let me know I'm not going completely insane!

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
Re: Having a manga problem! (MARS)
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 01:32:14 pm »
Ohhh MARS. Rei is definitely the ideal man.
I really like the series so far, and was looking online for it a few days ago (the entire series).
DiscountAnimeDVD.com has the entire set, and it also has #13 sold individually.
However it's backordered, but the price is around 7$ if you're willing to wait.
http://discountanimedvd.com/Product-5555-Anime-Mars-Graphic-Novel-13.asp
I'm not sure if you've already checked that site, but it's a really useful one if you want Anime/Manga/Video games/Hentai.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 01:43:55 pm »
this sounds like my problem with vol 3 of banana fish smaller version(they have bigger one but i want the same kind for each) i seen it either back orgerd for order but they always back out n for 100$
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 02:13:24 pm »
this sounds like my problem with vol 3 of banana fish smaller version(they have bigger one but i want the same kind for each) i seen it either back orgerd for order but they always back out n for 100$

http://www.discountanimedvd.com/Product-9161-Anime-Banana-Fish-Graphic-Novel-3-Small-Format.asp
That one?
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline JeniOctavia

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 02:41:30 pm »
The problem I'm having, though, is that 13 seems back ordered indefinitely. If I put the order in I'd probably never get it. When something shows up as 22 bucks used on Amazon and ONLY used, it seems to be that something odd is going on there.

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 02:45:34 pm »
Discountanimedvd is usually pretty good about getting things to their costumers.
However if Amazon has it used for 22$, and it's a rare find, I would say buy it, regardless of the spendy price.
It sounds like the best deal so far if you're looking to get it fast.
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 08:23:44 am »
yeah i see it online but whenever its orderd it never comes and i always end up getting a refund
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline JeniOctavia

• Cabbit
Re: Having a manga problem! (MARS) [Possibly fixed?]
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 11:28:44 am »
I think I said this before, but Kinokuniya has it at two of their California stores. I called my friend in Beaverton who shops there frequently and she said that she just got the two guide books for FMA shipped up from them and they arrived okay, so she's going to attempt to get #13 for me. If this doesn't work I'll pony out the money for the 22 dollar one.

Still weird as heck that this happened at all. =/

Offline mageofthebooksolivia

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 03:24:50 pm »
Found it! http://product.half.ebay.com/Mars-13_W0QQtgZinfoQQprZ63339785
Mars vol 13 $9.95 in stock plus shipping.
I have it but I never thought it would be so popular! I've had it sense it first came out the whole series.
Half.com is where I buy almost all of my anime and manga. Check them out people! Great deals!
^_^
~Olivia~