Author Topic: Death Note Movie in Theaters  (Read 16579 times)

Offline uraharafreak

• Sailor Scout
Re: Death Note Movie in Theaters
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2008, 08:30:54 pm »
Yeah...are we meeting up tomorrow or wednesday?

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2008, 09:38:46 pm »
ooo me, i wanna go... wednesday... i'll be there with eve-boyfriend... at least i think we'll be there >.> lol

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2008, 09:41:40 pm »
ooo me, i wanna go... wednesday... i'll be there with eve-boyfriend... at least i think we'll be there >.> lol

Yes we shall! No one can stop us! Not even a shinigami! *gets nerd points*

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2008, 09:47:11 pm »

Yes we shall! No one can stop us! Not even a shinigami! *gets nerd points*

even if we come between it and a pile of apples!

every time i eat an apple i think of shinigami... particularly one in pretzel-y form... >.O

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2008, 09:49:19 pm »
Yeah, hehe.....hey, do you hear that? I think.......yeah.....I think I just heard a chibi drawing idea being born, lol

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Mei Long

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2008, 10:27:48 pm »
Maaaaan, there's no way I can get to any of these theatres. *sigh* So, do ya'll think it'll be sold at k-con? And what is this "L-Spinoff?"? Will that be sold too?

Thanks much. ^^;
Montez Bailey, 1988 - 2009, we miss you, rest in peace.

!~~~No Kumoricon for me. See ya'll at Akicon 2011~~~!

Akicon 2011 Costumes: Genderbent Kim Pine, Marshall Lee

2012: YoYo, Czeslaw, ???

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2008, 10:33:41 pm »
Maaaaan, there's no way I can get to any of these theatres. *sigh* So, do ya'll think it'll be sold at k-con? And what is this "L-Spinoff?"? Will that be sold too?

Thanks much. ^^;

The L Spinoff, entitled L: Change the WorLd, can be read about here.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Mei Long

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2008, 10:50:31 pm »
Ah, thank you very much. ^_^
Montez Bailey, 1988 - 2009, we miss you, rest in peace.

!~~~No Kumoricon for me. See ya'll at Akicon 2011~~~!

Akicon 2011 Costumes: Genderbent Kim Pine, Marshall Lee

2012: YoYo, Czeslaw, ???

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2008, 11:39:20 am »
tonighttonighttonight!

Now I have to make sure that Vallie and I have a ride. I think leashy is giving us a lift.
Hmmmmm...... I should check.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2008, 02:23:22 pm »
Yeah, same here. I'll be looking to pick up any of the Death Note films if they have them.

And Garfielelric: there isn't a showing in Seattle, but a Vancouver theater is participating in the Death Note movie nights. http://www.fandango.com/deathnote_115629/movietimes?location=97207&date=5/21/2008

Well, I'm a little bit south of Seattle, but I already got tickets yesterday for Deathnote playing at my theater. That's kind of weird since Seattle definitely has a bigger theater/s.

Offline valliegirl

• Catgirl
    • http://valliegirl.elite-otaku.net
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2008, 04:59:27 pm »
tonighttonighttonight!

Now I have to make sure that Vallie and I have a ride. I think leashy is giving us a lift.
Hmmmmm...... I should check.

Actually, we're currently rideless.  Leashy not going.
Take a chance 'cause you might grow
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://valliegirl.livejournal.com & http://www.myspace.com/valliegirl1013

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2008, 10:41:13 pm »
Oh yeah, I just came back from seeing the Death-Note movie in Cedar Hills!(and it was awesome, of course!) From what I can understand, there were the same dub voice actors from the anime for it(it was showed in English), and it summarized a lot of the major events that happened in the beginning of the manga. I would say a lot more, but you're going to have to see the movie for yourselves! ^___^

Offline Zetsu4200

• Cabbit
« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2008, 11:12:29 pm »
after having seen the movie in japanese, the english version wasn't that good.  it felt like the movie was muted and they were playing the anime in the background.  The screaming fans were entertaining though
If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2008, 12:30:58 am »
screaming fangirls are loud but entertaining, we got them tonight when I saw the movie. The dubbing wasn't great but it wasn't terrible, the cg was decent and the story progressed nicely. The vibe was awsome and I got to hand out a bunch of kcon fliers to people. Hahahaaha I now have minions in the Eugene area who will do my bidding and hand out fliers for me to a bunch of different locations. Tis good.

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2008, 08:26:35 am »
It was dubbed? I like the Japaneses version. I don't really like Light's voice in the dubbed anime. It's too bad I have to miss it. Damn school >_<

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2008, 08:30:31 am »
Yeah it was dubbed. I'm not sure if it is the same voice actors as in the anime, but it was well done for the feel of the characters, though lipsyncing is hard no matter what you do especially with live things. I would have much preferred subtitles. It was worth a watch none the less. Captions though, the movie was missing captions in english for all the japanese text that you end up seeing which I am assuming says important things like when he looks at the list of criminals and I am sure it says rapist or murderer or something but you wouldn't know unless you were fluent in japanese.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2008, 08:50:55 am »
I'm still looking forward to it, dubbing doesn't tend to bother me much at all, so I think I'll be fine with it. Of course I prefer subbing, but beggars can't be choosers when a theater screening is involved, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2008, 10:49:04 am »
Yeah I guess thats true but being in Corvallis it is hard to justify a trip to Beaverton just for a movie, and one I have already seen.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2008, 11:37:22 am »
I got used to the dub but not the guys behind me. We got stuck behind some stupid jock and his friend who is a Bleach fan. He kept loudly complaining about L sucking his thumb and "WTF is so funny?" when certain characters popped up. I hate jocks again! Yay!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Higuma

• Catgirl
    • My anime list
« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2008, 11:41:20 am »
not a huge fan of viz media when it comes to their dubs so I will probably not go see this one.

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2008, 02:22:41 pm »
Lol so yeah it was worth a watch and I am in the Eugene area, Cinemark 17 in the Gateway Mall got the movie on Tuesday and has it tonight as well ^_^

<3

It might be faster and less costly to go to Springfield/Eugene than the portland area anyway.

That sucks about the jock though...

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2008, 02:43:10 pm »
I'll probably be at the one at the Easport Plaza theater. o.o Hopefully I can get tickets. T.T

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2008, 03:09:06 pm »
I'll be at the Cedar Hills Crossing Theater tonight; hope to see some of you there.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2008, 03:11:24 pm »
I'll also be at the Cedar Hills showing tonight with my friend. =3 I'll be cosplaying as Matt, don't hesitate to say hi! Hope to see some of you there!

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2008, 03:12:48 pm »
I'll also be at the Cedar Hills showing tonight with my friend. =3 I'll be cosplaying as Matt, don't hesitate to say hi! Hope to see some of you there!

I'll be sure to keep an eye out! (And, off-topic, but I think I saw you at Uwajimaya this weekend. You were dressed as Shadow, but I didn't want to guess wrong or make myself look dumb, so I just said nothing, lol)

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2008, 03:17:38 pm »

I'll be sure to keep an eye out! (And, off-topic, but I think I saw you at Uwajimaya this weekend. You were dressed as Shadow, but I didn't want to guess wrong or make myself look dumb, so I just said nothing, lol)

I think I saw you too and did the same thing! I didn't want to guess wrong either. XD; I'll keep a look out for you too! See you there!

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline EmAino

• Chibi
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2008, 07:33:08 am »
So, I set out with two of my buddies last night to go see this at Cascade 16 in Vancouver.  We had bought our tickets last Thursday while getting tickets for Prince Caspian's midnight release.   However, when we got into the theater (a few minutes late) , we quickly discovered a problem....there was no seats whatsoever.   I'm not kidding...there was about six or so people sitting on the floor!   We had a quick caucus about whether or not we should stay and join the people on the floor before deciding to leave, ask for a refund, and just go get sushi. LOL.

I mean I knew it was going to be popular, but the fact that there were so many people that people were sitting on the floor just threw me. LOL.
Sakuracon 2014
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Yugito Nii - Naruto Shippuden
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon

Kumoricon
God Tier Jane Crocker - Homestuck
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Komachi Onozuka - Touhou

Offline uraharafreak

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2008, 07:45:34 am »
Oh man! I can't believe I forgot about this...I remembered last night, but it was too late to get to the theater in time. I guess it was a good thing that I procrastinated on buying a ticket.

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2008, 08:20:41 am »
I went to the theater and they were like "It's only playing in washington." Even though they had the poster up. I wanted to stab the guy in the face. >.< So we saw Baby Mama instead. XD

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2008, 08:23:40 am »
Yeah, last night sucked in the sense that Kahlan and I went out to Cedar Hills Crossing to watch Death Note, but we didn't get tickets in advance. I guess we underestimated how big a demand there was for the movie, because we got there and guess what? All full. T_T So we went home and hunted for video editing software instead, lol. What a night, right? Did anyone go to the Cedar Hills who can say how it went?

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2008, 10:24:02 am »
wow... i know we were full but you guys sold out???? jeeze...lol btw i managed to get my hands on the deathnote promotional poster that they had up at the springfield theater ^_^ one of the few perks of working at the theater!!

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2008, 11:02:21 am »
So, I set out with two of my buddies last night to go see this at Cascade 16 in Vancouver.  We had bought our tickets last Thursday while getting tickets for Prince Caspian's midnight release.   However, when we got into the theater (a few minutes late) , we quickly discovered a problem....there was no seats whatsoever.   I'm not kidding...there was about six or so people sitting on the floor!   We had a quick caucus about whether or not we should stay and join the people on the floor before deciding to leave, ask for a refund, and just go get sushi. LOL.

I mean I knew it was going to be popular, but the fact that there were so many people that people were sitting on the floor just threw me. LOL.
Yeah, last night sucked in the sense that Kahlan and I went out to Cedar Hills Crossing to watch Death Note, but we didn't get tickets in advance. I guess we underestimated how big a demand there was for the movie, because we got there and guess what? All full. T_T So we went home and hunted for video editing software instead, lol. What a night, right? Did anyone go to the Cedar Hills who can say how it went?
Yeah, you gotta consider most movies might stay out for up to a month; about 30 days for people to choose when to see it. This one was only out for 2 days. Even I didn't think the fan base was going to be as big as it was.
Ever since I went to see Fellowship of the Ring and found out people were standing down both aisles, I've started getting to the theater at least 15 minutes early.

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2008, 03:10:42 pm »
I was planning on going to the Cedar Hills showing but couldn't go at the last minute.. TT__TT But from what EveofAbyss said, maybe that wasn't such a bad thing. oO Wow.

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl