Author Topic: Zuiichi - A new con with something for everyone!  (Read 6100 times)

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
Zuiichi - A new con with something for everyone!
« on: May 06, 2008, 12:36:35 pm »
Since there's no such thing as too many cons, I thought I'd let you know about another Portland area convention taking place this summer.

Zuiichi
is a somewhat different sort of con, taking place in just one day, but with a mix of anime fandom and sci-fi/Joss Whedon related stuff as well. It's catered, so your ticket includes four star cuisine. 

Menus have been selected and awesome guests have been booked, so check it out!

Offline jkim7427

• Sailor Scout
Re: Zuiichi - A new con with something for everyone!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 12:38:43 pm »
personally I would love to go...
since Jen Cho from the slants is the guest!! :)

but yeah
I think the ticket costs.. a bit too much... T ^T

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 12:44:14 pm »
There's ways of getting discount tickets.  Just email the staff and they'll let you know what's available!

Offline jkim7427

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 12:51:33 pm »
There's ways of getting discount tickets.  Just email the staff and they'll let you know what's available!
oh no way? nice!! :)

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 01:13:02 pm »
http://www.activeanime.com/html/content/view/2957/36/ is a interview that says some more info.

$150 is quite a bit of money for attending an event. Can you elaborate more then what's on the registration page on what you'll receive for paying for an admittance into this event?
[MU] The registration page outlines it fairly well. Time with guests, great food, and state of the art viewing. Zuiichi is a unique event in that it's main focus is making the guests feel like royalty. We don't stop serving people once they've checked in. Remember, Kumoricon had people pay extra just for a front row seat at concerts and a 1 hour dinner with guests. Everything else was pretty much the same. Nothing wrong with that, but imagine spending the same or less and receiving a full four star food selection, leather seating in a high def theater, and as much time as you like talking to the guests at your convenience?

That's VIP treatment, and that's what would make me willing to spend $150 at a similar event.

It's also important to note that $150 is just one price bracket. $150 is for the full admission pass. There's also a Meal and Movie option at $60, and we'll be running promotional pricing as we approach the date. Meal and a movie is a pretty good deal, if you're interested in a single theater showing, as you can hang around the events in the open areas as long as you'd like. (Only one meal with at this price.) There are also ways to get in free, like running a major event or owning the check-in desk. I like trades, too. That's how we got our first flyer run.

So really, it is an event where everyone is a VIP so everthing is top knotch, no instant ramen instead there is as-good-as-it-gets catering :D
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 05:22:32 pm »
looks like fun, Ill have to take a look at it a bit later

Offline Vassa

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 07:45:46 pm »
Neat! :D
Glad to see another con close by.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2008, 09:17:39 pm »
Doesn't look like my kind of con; no mention of video games and a ridiculous pricetag.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 11:22:56 pm »
We can has gaming :D ?
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 08:31:30 am »
It is cool to see Japanese culture being presented, as they put it, "to a more mature audience". The setting of the con makes much more sense, and is thus very different from Kumoricon based on that one idea. Pretty cool. It is a definite plus that Jen Cho is a guest, and it definitely seems like a sweet experience. If I ever find myself with some expendable cash, I'll probably register for it. Thanks for the heads up, Pie.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2008, 11:26:39 am »
Doesn't look like my kind of con; no mention of video games and a ridiculous pricetag.

its not that bad when you consider the food n such and getting vip treatment
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 02:46:52 pm »

Well, if you're more into the gaming thing, are you planning on going to PAX this year instead of Kumoricon. It's in the Seattle convention center (like Sakuracon) the same weekend as Kumoricon.
Just for those who don't know, the Penny Arcade Expo is a Seattle based con with up to 37,000+ people attending, strictly gaming (video and tabletop).

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2008, 04:44:50 pm »

Well, if you're more into the gaming thing, are you planning on going to PAX this year instead of Kumoricon. It's in the Seattle convention center (like Sakuracon) the same weekend as Kumoricon.
Just for those who don't know, the Penny Arcade Expo is a Seattle based con with up to 37,000+ people attending, strictly gaming (video and tabletop).

No, I'm going to Kumoricon.  Kumoricon appeals to me more than PAX because of the more open feel to gaming.  I'm not serious about the games the PAX is serious about; I'm serious about Bubble Bobble, DDR, and Monster Hunter, while they're serious about fighters and shooters.

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2008, 04:46:28 pm »
I'm serious about Bubble Bobble, DDR, and Monster Hunter, while they're serious about fighters and shooters.

You're my new best friend!!!!

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2008, 04:47:39 pm »
Yay! :D

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2008, 04:50:26 pm »
This was the con you were talking about at Sak fest, right? It sounds like a lot of fun, but it's a bit too pricey for me.

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008, 02:59:26 pm »
This was the con you were talking about at Sak fest, right? It sounds like a lot of fun, but it's a bit too pricey for me.

espesual since you are saving for japan

i looked at the foods tho it looks really good
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids