Author Topic: RPG's?  (Read 18218 times)

Offline Nyco27

• Chibi
RPG's?
« on: September 15, 2004, 11:53:37 pm »
Just wondering what kind of games you guys want to see next year. I know we've always got BESM and Legend of the Five rings that can always be ran, but what else do you guys want to see? I'm looking into getting a copy of the Dominion Tank Police core book, And I know some guys who have feng shuii and the old robotech game.

Also Pezcat and myself are working on a cosplay live action role play for the next con. Not sure how that's all gonna work yet, so any ideas would be quite helpful.

Nyco
Kumoricon Programming Director 2006, 2007
Cosplay Manager 2006
Kumoricon RPG Coordinator '03 - '05

Long live the D12!

Offline acidraven

• Cabbit
    • http://
RPG's?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 12:42:47 am »
I have a few of the Robotec books and some of my friends have the others. About Half of what you need is a decent Understanding of the Palidium system a D20 /100% system.
AcidRaven AKA Chris Weber
Security and Gofor Komoricon 2004

Offline Nyco27

• Chibi
RPG's?
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 12:51:40 am »
Hence why if we'd run it officialy, I wouldnt be running it. :P One of my buddies, was thinking about running this past con but got to busy I think. Although I could likely convince him to run it this year if there's enough people looking forward to it.

Nyco
Cosplay Manager 2006

Long live the D12!

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
RPG's?
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2004, 01:44:09 am »
Are we going to have RPGs next year, you ask? Gee, that's a no-brainer. 8)

RPGs may not always have as large a following as other events, but the people who do play them are highly dedicated. I've yet to participate, but if I have time and there's specifically a feudal fantasy game being run in either version of BESM, I may jump in. I've always been just on the fringe of the tabletop RPG scene...
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline Nyco27

• Chibi
RPG's?
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2004, 07:50:33 pm »
When it comes to the feudal fantasy type games, we'll probably run L5R rather than BESM although although you could take it up with pezcat if you want to play it besm style.

Nyco
Cosplay Manager 2006

Long live the D12!

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
RPG's?
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2004, 07:57:00 pm »
As it was not ran this year, I likely will be keeping the Magical Girl game that I spent hours upon hours creating will be next year's game (IF people sign up), and then running that.  Though if there's enough public outcry, I may change my tune.

PezCat
Sixty pounds lighter, just as awesome.
2K3-2K7: Various staff, primarily RPGs and Registration
2K12: God only knows...

=^..^=

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
RPG's?
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2004, 01:33:53 pm »
Quote from: "PezCat"
As it was not ran this year, I likely will be keeping the Magical Girl game that I spent hours upon hours creating will be next year's game (IF people sign up), and then running that.  Though if there's enough public outcry, I may change my tune.

You better not change your tune!
I'll play that game yet!

.........wait, I have to run a game this year don't I?
 :cry: I'm not staff dangit, quit draggin me down!

*goes and gets his robotech books*
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
RPG's?
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2004, 04:20:49 pm »
Bring D&D into Kumoricon it would be fun oh and that Mech game it was fun being the sniper

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
RPG's?
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2005, 12:55:43 am »
Even if it isn't a live action game, I have decided what I'm going to run.
It will be a Changeling the Dreaming game set at the con itself.

I will be accepting emails later on if you all would like to bring in characters from other games. The changelings I've gamed with are all automatically approved.  :D
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
RPG's?
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2005, 03:08:05 pm »
It will be a Changeling the Dreaming game set at the con itself.

whats changling
I'm confused

Offline Nyco27

• Chibi
RPG's?
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2005, 06:16:10 pm »
Changeling is the brighter side to White Wolf's World of Darkness games.

Nyco
Cosplay Manager 2006

Long live the D12!

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
RPG's?
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2005, 08:37:47 pm »
White Wolf's World of Darkness games.

Whats that
I only know the RPGs D&D and that mecha RPG at kumoricon lest year

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
RPG's?
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2005, 08:56:27 pm »
Meow.

The World of Darkness games from White Wolf are (mostly) a modern setting goth-punk style RPG involving vampires, werewolves, wraiths, etc.  Basically it's about the angstiest of the bigger-name genres.  Changeling is the most light-hearted of them, seeing as though it's about the only one that isn't either "kill everything" or "oh I am a creature of darkness and angst and must use this or degenerate into the aforementioned 'kill everything'".  In all fairness, I'm being pretty mean to the genre... I actually enjoy the setting a great deal... just that the Changeling setting is basically the adopted stepchild of the White Wolf family, because other than the system itself, it's nothing like the others.

But it's the best of that batch, IMO, if only because it has a lot of potential.  Basically, you can have just about any setting and interact with whatever the GM deems worthy, because the idea of the Dreaming (a dream world where many of the adventures take place) basically includes anything ANYONE has ever dreamed about - whether good or bad.

PezCat
Sixty pounds lighter, just as awesome.
2K3-2K7: Various staff, primarily RPGs and Registration
2K12: God only knows...

=^..^=

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
RPG's?
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2005, 08:19:05 pm »
... ok ... :?

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
RPG's?
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2005, 05:25:00 pm »
What he said.

While not as in your face gothpunk as the rest of the system (I'm sure you've heard of Vampire role players) Changeling does have an edge of angst to it. The sadness of the characters as magic slwoly fades and people become less interested in chasing dreams is quite touching.It's known as the happy-fun game because unlike the other books, Changeling's interior art and pages are in COLOR. Heh heh.

Its very easy to avoid all that by constantly adventuring and not dealing much in the day to day world of the average human, if you want to run that kind of game.

The name Changeling refers to the Changeling Way, where in faerie folk of the mythic age took on mortal human bodies to interact with those peoples who no longer believed in them. You play a fae kith (troll, Boggan, pooka, sidhe, etc) who is tryingto keep the Dreaming alive and keep magic and dreams alive by supporting creativity and fighting off evil. There's a great deal of oaths and questing in the game which really allows you to make the game into a gateway for D&D players unfamiliar with the White Wolf system.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
RPG's?
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2005, 08:52:15 pm »
again ... ok ... :?

Offline Teh Becca

• Sailor Scout
RPG's?
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2005, 09:57:23 pm »
I'm probably alone in this, but I'd love to play a oneshot Vampire: The Masquerade LARP, simply because I love the setting.. but meh.

And I WOULD have Tabletopped last K-Con, but I couldn't find the room :? I looked and looked, but nada... meh, well...

Offline Nyco27

• Chibi
RPG's?
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2005, 06:55:28 pm »
that's cuz we got hidden far away up next to ops. Hopefully this year I can move us closer to the con itself while still giving us the room and noise level we need (like Im sooooo not putting us next to the dance:P)

Nyco
Cosplay Manager 2006

Long live the D12!

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
RPG's?
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2005, 05:58:53 pm »
thank god not next to the dance stuff
cause it would get annoying hearing DDR music while you are trying to play trust me my sis does it