Author Topic: Karaoke contest sign-up for '08/Audition?  (Read 34295 times)

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
Re: Karaoke contest sign-up for '08/Audition?
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2008, 05:12:11 am »
Hmm....This'll be intersting
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 07:17:08 am by Syd-chan »

Offline Kruger

• Cabbit
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2008, 04:05:49 pm »
Hey, I'm planning on signing up for the Kamoricon Idol but I just have on quick question. In the rules it says we can "maybe" us english translations of songs. Is "maybe" a yes or a no? Does it depend what song?

I'd also like to know how you'd go about getting rid of the vocals on a song. Do you need a special program?

Offline Sapphira

• Cabbit
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2008, 10:04:04 am »
I'm going to be entering but.. I can' seem to find a short enough osng for the auditions that was actually released on cd. I asked on the official forum and have yet to get a response...

Does anyone know if it's alright to use a karaoke that has been created by fans of the show? I'm not sure, because of the no editing rule.

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2008, 03:33:16 pm »
I'm going to be entering but.. I can' seem to find a short enough osng for the auditions that was actually released on cd. I asked on the official forum and have yet to get a response...

Does anyone know if it's alright to use a karaoke that has been created by fans of the show? I'm not sure, because of the no editing rule.

I'm not exactly sure about the audition stage, but for the contest itself you can't....

But, if you want, what they will do is play the selected song till the end of the time limit, and fade it out from there. That's also another option. :D

So instead of singing Yasashii Yoake, since I know for a fact I won't have it completely memorized in a week....-_-;;

Does anyone here know a song called Shining Star by Nami Tamaki? I'll most likely be singing that, since I already know it and it's right in my range and voice style. *shifty eyes*

EDIT: Or, I'll be singing Sanctuary by Nami Tamaki as well, the opening to Kiba. <.<...>.>.....
-Heero/Shu
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 04:45:06 pm by TohmaSeguchi »
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline Sapphira

• Cabbit
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2008, 08:31:28 pm »
I know both of those Nami Tamaki songs! Beware, if I see you, I will likely ask to glomp you... Especially if you're in Yami Yugi cosplay...

I decided to not enter this year. Too much hassle/too long for my first con Karaoke contest. I'm going to try the Sakura-con contest next year instead. You don't have to do as much..

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2008, 10:27:10 pm »
I know both of those Nami Tamaki songs! Beware, if I see you, I will likely ask to glomp you... Especially if you're in Yami Yugi cosplay...

I decided to not enter this year. Too much hassle/too long for my first con Karaoke contest. I'm going to try the Sakura-con contest next year instead. You don't have to do as much..

XD Well, I'll be at both karaoke audition and the contests....and does anyone know why the contests are scheduled at the same time this year? o.O;; They're usually at either different times on the same day or on completely different days. And Idol's usually the first contest up.

:P I'm most likely going to be in my Shuichi cosplay-- it's the cosplay that I feel the most comfortable in. Ironic, isn't it? :P (Especially since he's a singer..) Yea, I'm unfortunately only being Yami Yugi for the YGO photoshoot. Since I was asked by several of the people in it.......

So what do you think, since you know both? Sanctuary or Shining star? *shifty eyes* *is very indecisive*
-Shu

Edit: @@Sapphira-- Just for ya, I'll cosplay Yami Yugi. ^_^ But I won't have my hair done up though, I won't have enough time that day

:D
-Yami
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 11:08:40 pm by TohmaSeguchi »
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline Sapphira

• Cabbit
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2008, 11:53:07 pm »
Well then, I'l have to go see the photoshoot and glomp you there. :)
As for which song, it depends on the voice you have.. If you have a deeper voice, go with Sanctuary, if you have a brighter, happier voice, go with Shining Star.

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2008, 03:40:21 pm »
Well then, I'l have to go see the photoshoot and glomp you there. :)
As for which song, it depends on the voice you have.. If you have a deeper voice, go with Sanctuary, if you have a brighter, happier voice, go with Shining Star.

See, that's the thing. My voice style can do both of those. It's very much like Nami-chan's......<.<....>.>........

I'll most likely sing Shining Star, since I've gotten requests from several of my other friends to do that while being Yami. *rolls eyes*
-Yami
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline Sapphira

• Cabbit
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2008, 04:46:44 am »
hmmm.. Yami singing Shining Star.. Could be entertaining.. could be terrifying..(Yami singing with a girls voice would bethe terrifying part. no matter how good the voice is.)

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2008, 02:10:10 pm »
:P But that's the funny part-- seeing Yami sing in a girl's voice. (Granted I'll probably never live this one down, but meh) XD
-Yami
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline Sapphira

• Cabbit
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2008, 02:16:12 pm »
indeed. And while you may live this down, I don't think Yami ever will.. I may have to try and see your karaoke performance.. try and get video...

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2008, 09:04:23 pm »
:D Well, I'll be in the contest. And since both contests are back-to-back this year, (why the hell did they do that? o_0) easy enough of a determined time. And I'll be pretty hard to miss-- considering now I have a very good chance of actually having the hair done. (I'll probably get a wig and style it)

And....I just thought of the strangest comment I think I can come up with in a while.....

"Yami, the amazing dancing ferret!" @_@ I'm done now...
-Yami
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline Sapphira

• Cabbit
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2008, 09:39:36 pm »
*laughs* Great, now I may end up associating Yami with Draco Malfoy....(Dancing ferret, bouncing ferret, no difference right? Would Yuugi's sugar-highness carry over to Yami?)

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2008, 10:01:49 pm »
Yuugi's sugar-highness? :D Possibly-- I mean, they do share the same body for 90% of the series anyways. :D
-Yami
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline Sapphira

• Cabbit
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2008, 10:19:39 pm »
Very true.. *begins contemplating a Sugar-high Pharoah Atemu.. or just normal Yami*
(Yuugi, atleast in most fanfictions, has a very low sugar tolerance.... Don't let him eat sugar!)

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2008, 02:21:46 pm »
Very true.. *begins contemplating a Sugar-high Pharoah Atemu.. or just normal Yami*
(Yuugi, atleast in most fanfictions, has a very low sugar tolerance.... Don't let him eat sugar!)

(Just normal Yami.....) Yea, I can imagine Yuugi not being very resistant to sugary substances. I can't imagine Yami having any kind of resistance at all, it's been 5,000 years after all.....

And I've been meaning to say, love your icon. :D

A sugar-high Yami.....Dear Kami............(May be I shouldn't mention that one of the few things that gets me hyper is orange ramune....?).........<.<......>.>........
-Yami
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline Sapphira

• Cabbit
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2008, 03:12:28 pm »

(Just normal Yami.....) Yea, I can imagine Yuugi not being very resistant to sugary substances. I can't imagine Yami having any kind of resistance at all, it's been 5,000 years after all.....

And I've been meaning to say, love your icon. :D

A sugar-high Yami.....Dear Kami............(May be I shouldn't mention that one of the few things that gets me hyper is orange ramune....?).........<.<......>.>........
-Yami
Orange Ramune huh? I may have to bring you a bottle..(I'll be stopping by Uwajimayas in Seattle on my way to the con..)

Bakura looked adorable in this icon, so I had to use it..(That and I can't seem to fin d a good Yami icon..)

And yes, the 5,000 years without sugar may have taken a toll on his resistance....

Are you going to be wearing a Sennen Puzzle with your cosplay?(Good ones are suprisingly hard to find!)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 03:13:33 pm by Sapphira »

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2008, 05:27:23 pm »
Yep, I am indeed going to have a Sennen Puzzle on me. I'm making it last minute this week >.<;; but it should still look ok.

And besides, Yami isn't Yami without a Puzzle. :D

And argh, I am still so pissed at qqcosplay for not responding to my requests for an invoice on a Pharaoh Atemu costume. Otherwise I wouldn't have this problem. *sigh*

You're going to be dropping by Uwajiamaya? Heh, I live about ten min. away from there. :D

See you at con,
-Yami
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline Sapphira

• Cabbit
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2008, 05:37:15 pm »
We'll see.. There's a chance I may not get to come to the con at ALL now!!

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2008, 10:00:23 pm »
What? How come?
-Yami
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline Sapphira

• Cabbit
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2008, 10:24:57 pm »
Because my dad now has a kidney stone.. Hopefully it'll pass before the con. If not he says that he'll drive me down, and then just stay in the hotel room during the con..*which would make me feel bad*

Offline Oniyukai

• Cabbit
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2008, 11:02:34 pm »
I got the instrumentals for Gackt Lu:NA and for a Malice Mizer song I got to memorize...but I haven't got confirmation that I'm enterred? I'll check on that.

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2008, 11:32:55 pm »
Because my dad now has a kidney stone.. Hopefully it'll pass before the con. If not he says that he'll drive me down, and then just stay in the hotel room during the con..*which would make me feel bad*

Oh ick.....one of my best friends has a kidney stone, and I hear it's a real annoyance....

*hugs* I hope he feels better!
-Yami
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline Sapphira

• Cabbit
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2008, 11:58:49 pm »

Oh ick.....one of my best friends has a kidney stone, and I hear it's a real annoyance....

*hugs* I hope he feels better!
-Yami
i hope so too.

Offline Sapphira

• Cabbit
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2008, 05:51:01 pm »
Yay! Con is a yes! the kidney stone is gone now! He may end up spending a bit more time in the hotel room than normal, but I get to go to the con!

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2008, 06:43:11 pm »
Yay! Con is a yes! the kidney stone is gone now! He may end up spending a bit more time in the hotel room than normal, but I get to go to the con!

That's awesome! Going to con is always a good thing. :D *ish going crazy from getting ready*
-Yami
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline Sapphira

• Cabbit
« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2008, 06:50:04 pm »

That's awesome! Going to con is always a good thing. :D *ish going crazy from getting ready*
-Yami
*is going crazy too*Must brush wigs, repair cosplays, pack, finish washing clothes.....

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #77 on: August 28, 2008, 07:01:54 pm »
>.<;; You know, I just realized that I still don't have a millennium puzzle........*shifty eyes* oopsy.....Ah well, I'll figure out something.
-Yami
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline Sapphira

• Cabbit
« Reply #78 on: August 28, 2008, 07:03:40 pm »
>.<;; You know, I just realized that I still don't have a millennium puzzle........*shifty eyes* oopsy.....Ah well, I'll figure out something.
-Yami
... You said you had already started making it!*jethros you*

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #79 on: August 28, 2008, 07:07:19 pm »
Yea.....my roommate said he was going to help me. But we never got on it. We'll probably pull a last-minute one together...
-Yami
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline Sapphira

• Cabbit
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2008, 07:11:32 pm »
Nice... Eh, well at the sakura-con this year, my mum was sewing my costumes until we left the house..(5 hours later than we had meant to.. thankfully we go down the day before the con.)

I leave  for to con tommorow morning!*isn't sure whether to be hyper or stressed out*

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2008, 07:15:06 pm »
:D I'm a bit of  both, took me an hour to dig our all the pieces of my Heero Yuy costume. That bugged the crap out of me. -_-;;
-Yami
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline Sapphira

• Cabbit
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2008, 07:17:09 pm »
Heh, my cosplays had still been in the front room in garbage bags from when I dropped them coming in from the Sakura-con in March. .. They've now been washed, and are waiting for repairs and then re-packing...
When do you leave for the con?

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2008, 07:18:40 pm »
I leave tomorrow morning...I catch my train around 11am and we get there around 2-3pm. (we've got a room at Doubletree)

We've got almost all our stuff packed, we just need out nighttime clothes packed and we're set. :D
-Yami
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline Sapphira

• Cabbit
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2008, 07:26:38 pm »
I leave tomorrow morning...I catch my train around 11am and we get there around 2-3pm. (we've got a room at Doubletree)

We've got almost all our stuff packed, we just need out nighttime clothes packed and we're set. :D
-Yami
My friends and I have a room at the double tree aswell.
My dad and I will be leaving around 9-10am, we should hit seattle by 11-noon, and get to portland sometime between 4 and 6...(LONG drive....over 200 miles... kill me now.)

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2008, 07:47:52 pm »
No killing you! *shakes head*

Where are you guys coming from?
-Yami
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man

Offline Sapphira

• Cabbit
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2008, 09:11:20 pm »
No killing you! *shakes head*

Where are you guys coming from?
-Yami
Up between bellingham and burlington...