Author Topic: Zatch Bell!  (Read 1729 times)

Offline garfieldelric

• Chibi
    • Garfield's website
Zatch Bell!
« on: April 25, 2008, 08:55:08 pm »
Yes, yours truly, Johnny Garfield has contemplated cosplaying this mamodo at KC08.

I could use your help guys, and some advice. How do I make his, erm, robe/dress/whatever it is? And, the bow is gonna be tough to make. Help!

A proud attendee of Kumoricon and SakuraCon.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Re: Zatch Bell!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 10:50:15 pm »
lets see his shift thingy is kinda like a dress, looks black with a blue sheen, i would use velvet for that color, dark blue and if you use the panne velvet they have at jo annes fabric it is pretty cheapl and wait for it to go on sale 50% off, or use a coupon, and jest wear short underneath, bow shouldnt be hard try looking at the bow, it looks pretty floofy i'd use some silk essence fabric or some othe silky , but most important of all,  the vulcan 300!!! i'd sugest a pretz box
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline garfieldelric

• Chibi
    • Garfield's website
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 11:56:39 pm »
I should add I am 5' 9" ish, about 180 lbs, how much of zees fabric should I get?

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 06:30:39 pm »
plenty of extra, tho the stuff is pretty wide, so that laying it out flat should beable to cover a side of you. so basicly take the bolt and, measure from your chin to where you want the costume shift to end around knees or so, take that measurment in inches and divide into 36 for yards (cuz thats how they sell the fabric by, it dosent have to be a full yard like if the fabric is 4$ a yard you ask for 1/2 yard you pay 2$)
and add about a 1/4 to a 1/2 of a yard just to have extra just in case, for heming and other things, or if somthing gets cute short, the type of fabric crushed panne velvet has a bit of stretch to it and that makes it really easy to work with, here is a link showing the fabric being used in a cloak(not the color you need tho), i think it has a nice sheen to it that would work well for zatch bell
 http://www.customcloaks.com/panne_velvet_silk.html
(tho the cloak prices are a joke 180$ for that?!?! i can make that for 40$ with lots of fabric left over, crazey)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 06:35:17 pm by superjaz »

Offline garfieldelric

• Chibi
    • Garfield's website
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 10:38:57 pm »
Oh, I see. Yeah, it's gonna be tough- but I bet I can do it! Do I need something for the center of his bow?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 10:59:26 pm by garfieldelric »

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 10:00:41 am »
i'd try a craft store or even joanns as they have bead sections, or maybe a yard sale might have somthing that would work they have started in full force and they usaly have costume jelary pretty cheap