Author Topic: Fanfiction Contest  (Read 5497 times)

Offline DarthTaco

• Cabbit
Fanfiction Contest
« on: April 22, 2008, 11:12:14 pm »
So, yeah. Have they put up a link to that yet, or posted the final deadline? Because I have a few stories that are almost done, and I don't know if I have to hurry up and get them sent in, or if I have a bit longer.
Any and all information is most welcome.
Sex On Television Can't Hurt Unless You Fall Off.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Re: Fanfiction Contest
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 11:23:46 am »
I think you still have time but, if you still really want to know, RemSaverem would be the person to get in contact with about that.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 11:54:42 am »
Hi, sorry that I hadn't seen your post...I was at a Buddhist Retreat!

Thank you so much for being interested in our fanfic contest!

We set rules for our contest for Otafest (in Calgary next weekend). We'll probably tweak those a little bit for the different environment here at KC, and try to have them finished and approved at next weekend's meeting. Please feel free to make any suggestions for anything you would like to see included in the rules or omitted from them.

As soon as the rules are finished and approved, they'll be posted. As soon as they're posted, we'll start accepting entries.

Blessings!

Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 12:30:52 pm »
Are there any updates on this? I kind of want to enter.

oslapedo

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 06:02:07 pm »
Ditto on that. I haven't heard anything on a FF contest, but if such a thing did exist my heart would be forever happy  :)

Offline chibihentaichan

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 09:44:43 am »
Hey, guys, your friendly Creation Station room assistant here.  I'm really glad for all of your interest.

We're waiting on final approval of the rules and will get them up shortly. 

There's been a few changes to the rules for this year. One of the big ones is that the fics being entered NEED to be betaed (proofread.) Last year, we had so many grammar and spelling mistakes that some of the pieces were hard to understand. So, if you have things ready, please, please, please find someone to look over your fics while you're waiting for the rules to get up.

We're expecting some wonderful entries this year!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 10:04:59 am by chibihentaichan »
~chibihentaichan~
The littlest pervert on the net
proving to everyone everywhere that size doesn't matter

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 10:05:08 am »
Yes everything is in place except the final go-ahead to post on the forums. The minute they're up, we start accepting entries! The more the merrier!

(Edit)

Yahoo! We've been approved!

They'll be posted by the end of the evening. :)

(Edit)

Yippie! They're up!
I'll see if I can find a Mod to Sticky the thread to the top of the forum :)

Meantime, anyone considering sending in an entry by snail mail, please note:

I am the owner of the Creation Station post office box, and the only one with a key to it, and our staff are many hours away. I'll be attending a Buddhist Retreat from July 4 to July 25, and so any snail mailed contest entries sent to our post office box during that time are certainly welcome, but I will be unable to confirm receipt of them until after July 25.

It is possible that we may address this by adding another snail mail option, if this would be really important to anyone. Historically, however, most entries have come in by email, and those coming in by snail mail have been sent in August. Please note that entries may also be turned in at Kumoricon General Meetings, though we would recommend arranging that ahead of time. Post in the thread or PM chibihentaichan, my assistant, if interested.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 03:16:28 pm by RemSaverem »
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 06:20:55 pm »
I'm not the best writter in the world so I really don't know about the fanfiction contest xD
I wouldn't know how it works anyway XD

Offline mellonemrys

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 03:48:26 am »
Honestly don't be afraid to enter! If anything it will help your writing and your confidence!

Or you can read (or have your fic read by someone else) at Fanfic Bedtime Stories! It's a good way to get input, as are the beta sessions that are scheduled.

-Kate
Kate Fletcher
Assistant Director of Relations 2013
relations@kumoricon.org