Author Topic: Where at Kumoricon is Carmen Sandiego?  (Read 3702 times)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Where at Kumoricon is Carmen Sandiego?
« on: April 22, 2008, 10:59:37 am »
I came up with this idea a couple of days ago, & wanted to get some insight on it.

During the earlier part of Saturday, I'd have an introductory panel, lasting for half-an-hour, explaining the rules.  The rules would be:

- Only registered detectives can play and catch Carmen.
- Detectives track Carmen by getting clues during ACME Briefings (more panels like the first one would occur throughout the con).
- The clues guide contestants to other panels or events that they need to go to.  For example, if some of the clues were: [There are school uniforms here.] & ["These cookies are good!"], this would make sense that Carmen may have gone to the Ouran Host Club tea Party panel.  However, the detectives need to go to the panel to make sure.
- Once detectives have gathered enough confirmation, they are to write on a provided piece of paper where they believe Carmen went to last.  At the next briefing, the Chief (me) will confirm who got the correct panel; those who have will continue on & get a new set of clues, those who fail are out of the competition.
- Once things get closer to the end of the con, there will be a final location to find.  I'll have a bunch of envelopes located in a room for the remaining detectives to pick up.  These envelopes will contain the names of Carmen, two other VILE henchmen, and "EPIC FAIL!"
- The one who finds Carmen gets the grand prize (yet to be determined).  Those who find the other henchmen will get consolation prizes.

Well, whady'all think?
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
Re: Where at Kumoricon is Carmen Sandiego?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 02:00:16 pm »
That is cool, I think it might be a good way to get some of our red-badge attendees more involved too.
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"

Offline garfieldelric

• Chibi
    • Garfield's website
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 10:48:39 pm »
Oh, man, ya got me sold there! Count me in!

As an aside, I have written up a bunch of anime WITWICS eps, based on the old PBS game show. If anyone wants to see them- email me.

A proud attendee of Kumoricon and SakuraCon.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 08:35:04 pm »
well someone should definitely dress as Carmen also. I mean hey wouldn't have to actually find her but it would be really cool of course.
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 08:41:20 am »
Well, thanks guys for your support.  It looks like I'll have to do this next year, though, since I'll be busy enough with my Family Feud panel, the Hall Cosplay contest, and the Auction.  Oh well, this way, I'll have more time to work on it!

Offline Sporty_Otaku

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 08:20:28 am »
are you still thinking about doing this

if so i recommend doing it like the gameshow that had rockapella singing the theme song
don't expect to hear too much from me

just wanted to drop in and say hi

hi

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 10:24:20 am »
Hmm... perhaps...

Ooh, how about this?  I leave it as I planned, but instead of people being elimiated, I keep a tally of how many people get right.  The top two (at least) will look for Carmen in the last round.