Author Topic: Lloyd Center Suncoast Animania! Meet-up  (Read 20657 times)

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
Lloyd Center Suncoast Animania! Meet-up
« on: April 20, 2008, 10:01:10 pm »
On Sunday, April 27, there will be a Animania event taking place at the Suncoast video store in Lloyd Center. There's going to be a cosplay contest, anime related trivia, and possibly prize giveaways. Also, there will be a anime dvd sale that has the whole buy 1 get 1 free thing(the dvd that has the lowest price will be free, including box sets). But, from what I've heard, only the Funimation & Geneon dvds/box sets will fall under this category. I don't know when most of the activities that take place are going to start, but I'm betting it'll be in the afternoon. And I've also heard that one of the F.Y.E. stores in this state is also doing this event on the same day, but I don't know which store it is yet(but I'll let you guys know if I get more information).

« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 12:28:55 am by Manganix78 »

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
Re: Lloyd Center Suncoast Animania! Meet-up
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 10:35:53 pm »
What time does it start. If it's afternoon-ish, I may be able to make it there from an event I have in Eugene.
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline uraharafreak

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 11:46:59 pm »
Oooo fun...might have to go.

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 10:08:26 pm »
MAJOR UPDATE: From what I can tell from the FYE store in Tanasbourne, the event lasts all day, and the trivia event starts at 2:00 pm and the cosplay contest starts at 4:00 pm, although I have yet to know if it's the same in the Lloyd Center Suncoast store. The buy one, get one free dvd sale may expand to other companies like Viz or Bandai, but I don't know yet. So you can either go to the Tanasbourne F.Y.E. store or the Suncoast in Lloyd Center, it's your choice.

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 04:50:41 pm »
What time does it start. If it's afternoon-ish, I may be able to make it there from an event I have in Eugene.

In either one of those two stores, I'm betting that the cosplay contest starts at 2:00 PM and the cosplay contest at 4:00 PM. As for everything that's being on sale or something, it'll last all day.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 03:38:33 pm »
There's also going to be one at the Suncoast at the Vancouver Mall.  My anime club is going to that.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 05:01:24 pm »
There's also going to be one at the Suncoast at the Vancouver Mall.  My anime club is going to that.

Vancouver, eh? I don't think I'll be able to go to that one, because it's so far away from where I live......

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 08:25:03 pm »

At what time will events be taking place there?

Who's actually going to these and at what time? x.x
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 10:28:38 pm »
I might go, I need to find something to keep my ears from falling off and a toy gun to complete my cosplay.  Lloyd center is closer to me and right across the street from k-con 2008's location.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 10:43:39 pm »
I might go, I need to find something to keep my ears from falling off and a toy gun to complete my cosplay.  Lloyd center is closer to me and right across the street from k-con 2008's location.

Sweet! If you are able to go to either the Tanasbourne FYE store or the Lloyd Center Suncoast, then I'll definately be there! By the way, who are you cosplaying as? Just let me know what time you'll be there and I'm all ready for it!

Offline uraharafreak

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 01:08:12 am »
 :'( I can't go now. My parents gave me an offer I couldn't refuse...they did everything but bring the cannolies. I mean...you know...*cough* free supercross ticket *cough*. Anyway, I hope it is all good.

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 07:09:31 am »
Just let me know what time you'll be there and I'm all ready for it!

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008, 06:25:39 pm »
I'd cosplay bontanen from hyper police.  What time does the cosplay contest actually start?  It doesn't seem like anyone has checked for sure.

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 06:51:28 pm »
I'd cosplay bontanen from hyper police.  What time does the cosplay contest actually start?  It doesn't seem like anyone has checked for sure.

*takes deep breath* Okay, from I've found out today, the trivia challenge will begin at 4:00 PM and the cosplay contest will start at 5:00 PM at the Lloyd Center Suncoast. BUT theres been a problem about that: http://trimet.org/alerts/max_blue_interruptions.htm

Blue line MAX interuptions lasts from tommorow until the 28th or something along those lines if you didn't get it.

As you can obliviously see, there's no way I can get to Lloyd Center unless someone from the forum were to drive me there. So that's why I also suggested going to the Animania event that's going on in the Tanasbourne fye store. the events are a lot earlier(trivia: 2:00 PM and cosplay contest: 4:00 PM), and I can get there a lot quicker.

For those of you who don't know the address, it's:

225 NW Town Center Dr
Beaverton, OR 97006-8915
(503) 645-0270

Please invite some of your other friends! I don't want to be the only cosplayer there with nothing to do.... :(

Offline dakiro

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 08:48:55 pm »
actually i road on the blue line last weekend when it was closed as well and u can either walk to gateway or take the shuttle buss to gateway. funny thing about when i walked i got thier just as the max pulled and the doors closed just as the shuttle got there xD its only like 12 or 15 min walk or wait for the shuttle.
formally dakrum
THE anime list

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 09:25:15 pm »
actually i road on the blue line last weekend when it was closed as well and u can either walk to gateway or take the shuttle buss to gateway. funny thing about when i walked i got thier just as the max pulled and the doors closed just as the shuttle got there xD its only like 12 or 15 min walk or wait for the shuttle.

That would be a good plan, except I live in Beaverton, and the location you're talking about sounds really far away and I don't know where the nearest shuttle bus stop is, so sorry.

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2008, 09:28:42 pm »

As you can obliviously see, there's no way I can get to Lloyd Center unless someone from the forum were to drive me there. So that's why I also suggested going to the Animania event that's going on in the Tanasbourne fye store. the events are a lot earlier(trivia: 2:00 PM and cosplay contest: 4:00 PM), and I can get there a lot quicker.

I'm in Vancouver and the Tanasbourne store is further away =/

Offline dakiro

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2008, 10:04:54 pm »
ok....then i see no reason why you cant because max is going to be running fine its just they need to turn around when they get to that location... or am i missing something?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 10:05:21 pm by dakiro »
formally dakrum
THE anime list

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2008, 10:12:00 pm »
ok....then i see no reason why you cant because max is going to be running fine its just they need to turn around when they get to that location... or am i missing something?

Okay......I just checked that link and I have virtually no idea of what to do because I'm not that good at memorizing streets that well. :(

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2008, 10:38:50 pm »
I might have to go to the llyode center one try out my new cookin mama cosplay
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline NeonFoxRocks

• Catgirl
    • Faceroll
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2008, 11:33:38 pm »
i'll probably be there when i get off work around 12ish, i'm determined to at least say hi to someone from here this time >.<
++Wooper++Wooper++Wooper++

方囲!定礎!結!

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2008, 11:47:12 pm »
i'll probably be there when i get off work around 12ish, i'm determined to at least say hi to someone from here this time >.<

And which one are you going to? The Animania event in Lloyd Center? or the same event in the f.y.e. store in Tanasbourne?
Because if it's the one in Lloyd Center, I won't be able to make it due to max train blue line interuptions.

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2008, 12:31:24 am »
Isn't Gateway on the other side of Lloyd Center from Beaverton? I'm pretty sure it's way out there by the airport...

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2008, 12:50:22 am »
Isn't Gateway on the other side of Lloyd Center from Beaverton? I'm pretty sure it's way out there by the airport...

*imitating Cartman voice* Omg! Weak! Is it actually possible to get to Gateway using the max train blue line or red line on that day? And specifically, which bus should I take from there? (I'm pretty sure you've already read some of my posts on the first page of this topic already....)

You can email me if there's anything that I don't understand, of course.

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2008, 07:05:31 am »
I might go to the Lloyd Center one..probably going to depend on if I work tonight or not.

Yeah, it is on the east side, right next to 205.

You don't need to go to the Gateway Transit Center if you're on the west side. All you have to do is grab the MAX from whatever stop you're at (both blue and red will take you there if you're at Beaverton TC) and get off at the Lloyd Center/11th Ave. stop. Reverse order on how to get home.

I used to live in Beaverton and would take the MAX downtown all the time from Beaverton TC. That's actually how I got to Kumoricon 2005 (which was held at the Llloyd Center Doubletree, same as this year).

The interruption is for the east side, between Gateway TC and 102nd ave so unless you're coming from east of 102nd, that won't do anything to your travel plans.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2008, 01:56:57 pm »

At what time will events be taking place there?

Who's actually going to these and at what time? x.x

Well, the only thing that is specifically scheduled is the cosplay contests.  Those who are under 15 compete @ 2 pm, & those who are 15 & up compete @ 2:30.  The event is taking place pretty much for as long as the mall is open.  I know that it opens @ 11, but I'm not sure when it closes.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2008, 08:05:51 pm »
For those of you who are going to the Animania event in Lloyd Center, please let me know who's going to go and tell me what time that you are planning to show up. Also, inform me if you're going to be in cosplay or not, since I'll probably be in my L Lawliet cosplay again or not.....and I'll be taking pictures of course! I plan to be there at around 11:00am until 6:00 pm tommorow.

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2008, 09:31:56 pm »
I'm going to Lloyd Center and I'll get there at about 1:00 - 1:15 and I'll either be in my Vampire Knight or Suzumiya costume.

Offline dakiro

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2008, 04:42:51 am »
ill probably be there a little after 1 max willing >>
formally dakrum
THE anime list

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2008, 05:54:10 pm »
ended up not going tired, stayed home and had yummies with my honey
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2008, 07:09:55 pm »
I was so close to getting that gift card ~___~

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2008, 11:10:46 pm »

I know exactly how you feel> I also wanted that gift card!!! Now I'll have to spend either $35 or $50 alone just for the Buso Renkin Season 1 dvd collection!  :'(

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2008, 12:12:05 am »
sorry guys, I'm lazy and slept instead of going...

Offline Manganix78

• Catgirl
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2008, 12:15:56 am »
sorry guys, I'm lazy and slept instead of going...

Aw man, that must've sucked. Do you know if you're going to be able to attend the Kumoricon Mini-con at PSU on May 10th? If you are, then let me know who you're going to cosplay as.

Offline dakiro

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2008, 03:38:52 am »
yes that was a intence battle of rock paper scissors =O
formally dakrum
THE anime list

Offline Flatline

• Cabbit
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2008, 02:38:06 pm »
I'm definitely going to the Lloyd one this weekend, I'll see people there!

And for a toy gun, might wanna check out http://www.kapowwe.com/ for some good looking, non Airsoft guns. They have Airsoft too, but they also have non airsoft stuff that looks good.
For the Emperor!

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2008, 03:19:44 pm »
Ooo~ Sounds like fun! I will probably go. Cosplay contest going on again? If so I might enter. Only costume I have is my skanky bridget one though.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 03:21:28 pm by ~boogiepop~ »
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2008, 05:35:33 pm »
I'd try to go, but I'm heading to the Clackamas Town Center on the 27 for the FYE thing as well.  :-\