Author Topic: Okami reference art  (Read 4597 times)

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
Okami reference art
« on: February 19, 2008, 10:11:17 pm »
hey, Im entertaining doing some delicious okami cosplay for this year.  but im having a heck of a time finding any good reference pictures other than the ones that i got when i beat the game.  don't get me wrong, the presents from issun are some damn good reference.  but i cant print those or really get deep into them with my mind. I dunno im weird like that. im looking for alot of the characters partly cause im not sure what im going to do yet so whatever you can find as long as its about 300 pixels or bigger would be awesome.

anyway you guys are always really helpful when it comes to this kind of stuff. so yeah.  come one peoples help me out T_T

yay in advance,

-lili.
Commissioning again!
Props, wigs and costumes.
twilighsewmurai@gmail.com

custom Amigurumi also available. (etsy shop coming soon)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: Okami reference art
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 09:27:51 am »
You're talking about the game for PS2, right? About wolves?

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 11:31:21 am »
I've gotten really good at finding references for artwork so I might be able to help you.

I like to use Google Images.  I typed in Okami in google, clicked images, and a lot of the pics on the first page look like they could be good references.

I sometimes use Deviant Art as a reference search tool.  The only problem with this is you're searching through fanart and not the original product.  While the images may be cool and beautiful, have something to compare it against just in case for any differences.

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 08:09:29 pm »
ok number 1 okami isnt really about wolves, just putting it out there.

and two, yeah ive done some pretty deep googling and such and its really hard to find pictures of the tertiary characters (ie not wolfy) in any sort of decent resolution (the best im finding of the characters i want is stuff like this and thats really small. which is wierd since if you beat the game you unlock this whole art book thing which you can access on your ps2 with concepts of pretty much all the characters you come across, its awesome but using reference that you can only have on your tv screen is less then ideal.  the other thing that makes me surprized you cant find the pictures is there is a hard cop yversion of the art book that even came out in english a little while ago (people usually make scans).

i dunno i was asking here since last time i asked for reference i was provided with a wonderful rip of the skin of the character i was looking for. i mean if it comes right down to it ill cough up the 30some bucks for the art book, its not that big a deal.  but it would be nice to avoid it.
Commissioning again!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 10:25:20 am »
you could do what i used to
I' had my younger brother a copy of a game tell him "i need you to play to ...(such n such place) where a character was and pause"
then he'd draw me a pic of it
little brothers are cool
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 02:13:51 pm »
Yeah, but that only really works if you have a little brother or something that's a good artist. Otherwise it'd look strange. I'm guessing you'll just have to buy the book, but right now I'm on a school computer so I can't really look. But I didn't see an okami cosplay last year, so I think it's a really good idea. Good luck!!!

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 10:34:47 pm »
actually i found out about this website called animepaper.com which i feel like i should have know about before.
they have this weird point system in place in order to get people to post things more. but i they seem big enough for most cosplay reference purchases. and you can just right click on them to save them on the your computer....or even screen print if you really wanted to.

i mean i think those are pretty good. 

side note. does anyone have some kinda idea of what i should make that...hat thing...rice...baskets...on the chick in the last pictures head?
there are alot of characters in this game that for some reason have stuff piled on their head.

also everyone should go play this game.
Commissioning again!

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 05:44:29 pm »
I think t's like, Hay or something. And I've played it, my sister thinks it's the most amazing game ever and can play it in like eleven hours, she's played it so much. If you don't want a hay hat, you could just make an inner layer of like three little barrels or something, and glue something like hay to the outer-layer. Just a thought.

Offline Ouka-chan

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 04:56:47 pm »
The pile of things on top of her head are actually small fermenting barrels--for sake. o: Just felt like being informative....and it'd probably be easier to work with than hay...
Hahaha....I was thinking of making Lady Fuse someday...but a kimono is a little too much work for me lately.
But it would be super-awesome to see some more of the cool side characters! You can always find someone's rendition of Ammy, and usually an Issun or Waka...but there are so many other cool characters too..
;D 08': My first Kumoricon EVAR
~Secret Cosplay~
Shiki: The World Ends With You [Subarashiki Kono Sekai]
Haha lazy...more like fickle!

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 05:54:32 pm »
yeah the things on her head definately have something to do with rice/sake. ive thought about using three of those little baskets that sticky rice sometimes comes in at thai restaurants.
Commissioning again!

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 04:25:33 pm »
I agree. Rao would be totally cool to see.

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 02:51:51 pm »
yeah actually my little sister is going to come as rao, shes kinda boobalicious, so i think its gonna be good. i dont think weve decided wether to make her fox mask yet or not.
Commissioning again!

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2008, 09:09:13 pm »
Yay! I think you should make it. It would be a neat project.

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2008, 01:28:21 pm »
yeah, ive been so so busy lately performing at www.sockdreams.com s "sewing ninja" and school that i havent started on ANYTHING yet.  but my sisters going to be in portland this summer so shes going to be helping alot.  she dosnt sew or anything but shes generally good with her hands and arty, so i may delegate things like the mask to her.
Commissioning again!