Author Topic: Maid Squad 2008  (Read 26359 times)

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
Maid Squad 2008
« on: April 07, 2008, 06:49:55 pm »
Heya all.  It's time ... well, probably past time to start organizing our maids for 2008.  I already have two or three volunteers.  Also, I've had someone express interest to me in being the Maid Squad Manager.  But, I want to hold that slot open for a little bit in case anyone else wants to apply. 

I was not really involved with this last year, so if anyone who was a maid last year wants to contact me about any policies and changes for this year, please do so. 

So, what is Maid Squad?  This is an effort to make this con the friendliest con there is.  Maids help ensure VIPs got prefered seating, they bring cups of water to people standing out in long registration lines, they make sure people with disabilities get the skip the line, etc.  Maid are often identified by signs that they carry, annoucing their helpfull services.

Maids can be male or female, but must dress like maids.  (Ok, I may let some guys and girls dress like butlers, but not all.)  You only need to dress this way when 'on duty' as a maid.  We need maids most during the crunch times for registration, and when people are lining up for events like cosplay.  You can work one shift, or all of them. 

Maids brought so much to our con last year.  I really hope that people who started last year will sign on again.  I hope to be taking some shifts as a maid myself this year, as time allows :)

So, if you like being generally cute and helpfull, sign up here! 

Comment with:
1 - Name
2 - Maid or Bulter, and descrip of outfit.
3 - What times you can work.  ( I will have a shift sign-up once we have a preliminary schedule)
4 - Were you a maid last year?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 08:51:43 pm by Rathany »
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline gia

• Sailor Scout
    • Anime Vice
Re: Maid Squad 2008
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 03:57:56 pm »
I guess since I've been volunteered I'll toss in my info, even though you already have it:

1. Gia Manry
2. Maid - Standard black frilly dress and petticoat, headpiece and choker.
3. I guess it depends on the schedule of the con? As long as I can get into the dealer room at some point.
4. Nope!

Also, I didn't even notice I've had a message on this board waiting for me since December, so just in case..my e-mail address is gia@giapet.net. ^_^
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 04:00:25 pm by gia »
Editor-in-Chief, Anime Vice
http://animevice.com

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 04:01:08 pm »
I had been taking info for this but I guess you are handling the maid squad section of volunteering I will e-mail you a list of peeps intersted who have contacted me
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 04:14:39 pm »
I had been taking info for this but I guess you are handling the maid squad section of volunteering I will e-mail you a list of peeps intersted who have contacted me

Thanks Jaz :)
2008 - Vice Chair
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline GoddessOfTechno

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 10:15:06 pm »
Hello~

I have contacted you before about this but I felt I should also put up an official post.

1. My name is Alexandra Geesman
2. Maid - I kind have different outfits - I was thinking of making Temptress Airi (Queen's Blade) w/ scythe and the Amazing Nurse Nanako uniform. Basically one for each day. If you have any suggestions, please tell me.
3. I have free schedule.
4. No.

My e-mail is goddessoftechno@gmail.com. Thank you for your time.

~Alex

Offline Otaku457

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 08:22:32 pm »
Comment with:
1 - Sierra Wong
2 - Maid I'm probably going to make my costume a mix between lolita and maid. I'm gathering materials and ideas as we speak. A bell collar, cat ears and cat tail probably just for fun ^^
3 - Depends on the times, probably any shift
4 - Nuuuu </3

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 02:39:57 pm »
Comment with:
1 - Lindsay Johnson
2 - Maid but haven't decided on this years maid style. I can guarantee frills!
3 - I would like to help out with the reg line again! I can probably help with a few other lined events! I'll be 20 so staying up late to help won't be a problem!
4 - Yes! I had girls sing me the Cloud song! So fun! ;D
Secrety secrets!

Offline kiichain

• Director of Operations
  • Sailor Scout
    • deviantart
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 10:03:32 am »
oyos

this sounds fun to try~

1. Angeline Abuyen
2. maid, don't know what kind yet
3. i'm open at the moment since i don't know what panels are happening
4. no

Offline GoddessOfTechno

• Cabbit
Maid Squad UPDATE
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 04:17:24 pm »
Hello~

I am Alex, as mentioned above, and I have become the Maid Squad manager.

To get everyone up to speed:

1. Maid Outfit Guidelines:
-Must be black and white. While on duty, if you have a weapon it is going to have to be left in your room or at the con office.
-Must be family appropriate i.e. the hand rule for skirt length
-You must attend a yojimbo training session. Technically, we are the cuter yojimbo, where our uniform is maid and theirs is a red haori.
-You need to send in a photo/sketch of the maid cosplay, this way I can address any cleavage problems.

-if you are a guy that is going to dress up as a butler, it must be extremely well designed and classy.

2. I have been bouncing around this idea about a headdress that says "Maid Squad" on it. I feel it is important to somewhat distinguished ourselves in the crowd. I know this might conflict with your outfits and you can send in a design to me. Of course, this stills needs approval in to be in the budget. If it does work out, we can arrange a cutting/sewing party and it will be one of your souvenirs.

3. The day that is the most important will be Saturday, morning and afternoon for the registration lines. I would like to pass out your badges Friday, if possible.

The type of duties that you can be assigned are:
-Holding a place in line for up to 5 minutes for someone to go to the bathroom
-Handing out water
-Keeping the line straight
-Finding disabled people and moving to the front of the line. Currently the first 3-4 seats are reserved for the disabled, VIPs and staff. When handling a disabled that has a large group of friends, you can sit them within the 5-10 first rows. Remember, please also have respect for the people that have been waiting first in line when placing the disabled. Also the disabled need to be placed on the outer edges of the rows towards the doors, as to not obstruct the entering/leaving con goers.
-A couple of you will be holding signs at the entrance directly where the VIPs need to go.
-Walking VIPs to and fro from events and sitting with them.
-When registration closes, one maid will have to stand at the end of line and make sure no one else get in line.
-During registration, maids are going to be also handing out the forms and pens so they can be ready when they get to the counter.
-You should know the layout of the con, so if anyone has a question/problem you can direct them. Most importantly, the restrooms, con office, lost and found, registration, and the info desk.

Sorry, they are kind of jumbled around. if you have any more suggestions you can e-mail me at goddessoftechno@gmail.com

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2008, 04:07:43 pm »
Mew.... I am sad if I am even able to come I won't be able to do maid squad. Forgive me!!!
Secrety secrets!

Offline Kanmu

• Cabbit
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 09:16:26 pm »
1 - Joanna(Joey) "Kanmu" Pettitt
2 - Maid, standard maid uniform with touch of gothic lolita(I can change if neccessary, the costume is not yet put together)....or maybe a Kafra style maid in black and white in tribute to Ragnarock.
3 - I'd be available for at least one day of servitude, possibly help with registration or with what is needed.
4 - No, this would be a first for me.

I'm usually not on the forums too much, but my husband is logged in ALWAYS. His username is Higuma if you can't reach me.

~*Kanmu*~
Pocky IS Love

Offline lin_hikaru_7

• Sailor Scout
    • [chaoTIC QUIXOtic]
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008, 09:51:04 pm »
M-meido!? I love maids!

I remember a really kind Yuzuki last year. She made the registration line MUCH more tolerable. And we chatted about BJD's! I would love to help out, if you still need maids. Also, is there any sort of age limitation?

1 - Lily/Lin (real name/pseudonym)
2 - Maid. Very gothic and lolita, sadly no apron. I could put together head frills in a snap. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Lin_Hikaru_7/quasimaid.jpg
3 - Preferably Early Morning, Day One or Two.
4 - No, but I must say, you Maid Squad personnel do some very good work.
cosHISTORY

Sakura Con 06
   Kinomoto Sakura ~pink kitty ver~

Kumori Con 06
   Olette ~khii~
   Marlene ~ffviiac~

Kumori Con 07
   Elena ~ffviibc~

Kumori Con 08
   Elena ~ffviibc~
   Hatsune Miku ~vocaloid~

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2008, 09:12:51 am »
AHH! I really want to do this!
I don't know if I'll have time!
I guess I'll need to have a maid outfit first XD
I'll magically pull one out of my sewing machine since i seem to have that magical power to make cosplays in a day.
Well see how schedule works out and I'll get back to you!

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2008, 10:47:24 am »
Just remember for all maids, Alex has communicated to myself and kylite that she wishes all of you to be yojimbo trained so you know the rules and can handle simple things on your own without having to call us.  Also, it never hurts to be made aware of what we have to do to enforce convention policies.
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"

Offline TsubakiDesu

• Oni
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2008, 12:27:37 pm »
I have a question. I want to be in the maid squad but most likely wont be able to make it to any of the Yojinbo trainings because I don't live near Portland and cant aford to travel before the con. Does that mean I cant be in the squad?
Cosplay 08 {Days not decided}:
~Uchiha Itachi
~Azmaria Hendric {Blue Dress w/ wings}
~Higurashi Kagome

Possibly:
~Yuu Kanda
~A Random Maid

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2008, 09:51:13 pm »
You'd have to talk to Alex on that one.  However, if you have an IM handle, send me a PM with the info and we can do the trainings via that method.

Offline lin_hikaru_7

• Sailor Scout
    • [chaoTIC QUIXOtic]
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2008, 09:31:33 am »
This will sound silly, but I really want to maximize my budget.

If I am accepted as a Meido, does that mean I am eligible for the reduced staff registration price?

It's getting down to the wire for registration, but I just want to make sure I don't overpay.

Staff and volunteering prices are they different?
cosHISTORY

Sakura Con 06

Kumori Con 06
   Olette ~khii~
   Marlene ~ffviiac~

Kumori Con 07
   Elena ~ffviibc~

Kumori Con 08
   Elena ~ffviibc~
   Hatsune Miku ~vocaloid~

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2008, 09:53:30 am »
Ya know, I was kind of serious about raising my hand about this in the meeting yesterday...

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2008, 10:17:38 am »
Ya know, I was kind of serious about raising my hand about this in the meeting yesterday...

I think you'd be adorable as a maid.  I got a nice maid outfit off of eBay  ;)
2008 - Vice Chair
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2008, 12:07:05 am »
I really, really need a maid outfit that would fit me, though! Fer serious!

Offline Arumi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2008, 04:47:53 pm »
Tanis, are you serious about wearing a maid outfit?! XD That'll be interesting to see, I think..

Anddd, posting up on here, since someone at the general meeting came up and talked to me 'bout the maid squad..? Oo I can't remember her name, though. XD But she said she contacted me about it..?
MEWcon '10/'11
Silent Hill Nurse
Secret cosplay. ;3

Sakuracon '11
Beast(Kuroshitsuji)
Blind Mag(Repo!)

Kumoricon '11
Beast(Kuroshitsuji)-hopefully!

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2008, 05:07:48 pm »
I really, really need a maid outfit that would fit me, though! Fer serious!

Ask in the cosplay section of the forums.  They may have some good leads.

I bought my thigh-highs and petticoat today for my outfit.  I got shoes the other day.  I think I am all set!

2008 - Vice Chair
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline lin_hikaru_7

• Sailor Scout
    • [chaoTIC QUIXOtic]
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2008, 07:54:25 pm »
Men dressed as maids? That makes me happy! Just please, no vinyl. I saw a picture once...*shudders*

Also, I received an e-mail about the maid squad a week or two ago, sent off a reply, and at the moment feel as though I am floating adrift. When is training? What is going on? Has anything about the shifts been firmed up?

So confused! @_@
cosHISTORY

Sakura Con 06

Kumori Con 06
   Olette ~khii~
   Marlene ~ffviiac~

Kumori Con 07
   Elena ~ffviibc~

Kumori Con 08
   Elena ~ffviibc~
   Hatsune Miku ~vocaloid~

Offline Arumi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2008, 08:08:24 pm »
Men dressed as maids? That makes me happy! Just please, no vinyl. I saw a picture once...*shudders*

Also, I received an e-mail about the maid squad a week or two ago, sent off a reply, and at the moment feel as though I am floating adrift. When is training? What is going on? Has anything about the shifts been firmed up?

So confused! @_@
I completely am with you on being confused. Oo All it says is we have to go to a Yajimbo training(is that what they're called xP), right? But I have no clue when any of those are...
MEWcon '10/'11
Silent Hill Nurse
Secret cosplay. ;3

Sakuracon '11
Beast(Kuroshitsuji)
Blind Mag(Repo!)

Kumoricon '11

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2008, 08:53:32 pm »

So confused! @_@
I completely am with you on being confused. Oo All it says is we have to go to a Yajimbo training(is that what they're called xP), right? But I have no clue when any of those are...
Yojimbo training. And ask Kylite, he knows what's going on.

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2008, 09:24:26 pm »
the final 2 yojimbo trainings are as follows

sunday: august 24: 2pm: Pioneer courthouse square mall: food court: central raised section

Friday: August 29: At the hotel: Time to be determined on when we can get lots of people there
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline lin_hikaru_7

• Sailor Scout
    • [chaoTIC QUIXOtic]
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2008, 10:06:25 pm »
Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you! This alleviates a lot of fretting on my part.

I'll do my best to make it to the Sunday training!
cosHISTORY

Sakura Con 06

Kumori Con 06
   Olette ~khii~
   Marlene ~ffviiac~

Kumori Con 07
   Elena ~ffviibc~

Kumori Con 08
   Elena ~ffviibc~
   Hatsune Miku ~vocaloid~

Offline Arumi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2008, 10:31:26 pm »
Ah, thank you so much for posting that up. ^_^ I should be able to show up to the meeting this sunday, then! (I woulden't be able to make it on the 29th even if I wanted to. ^^;; My friends will be here and it would be rude to run off for a few hours)
MEWcon '10/'11
Silent Hill Nurse
Secret cosplay. ;3

Sakuracon '11
Beast(Kuroshitsuji)
Blind Mag(Repo!)

Kumoricon '11

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2008, 11:36:36 pm »
I can make it, Mr. Kylite, sir. I'll be the best damn security maid with extra equipment Kumo has ever seen!

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2008, 01:47:01 pm »
Just so you all know, kylite will be running the training this weekend solo, as I will be watching Phantom of the Opera at Keller Auditorium.  Our vice con chair Dawn will also be attending the training to go over things concerning registration issues.

Offline Arumi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2008, 10:41:49 pm »
I have a question for whoever can answer me, please. >< Since on the first day of the con, I'm supposed to be working as a maid squad girl for the first two hours it starts, where should I go to get.. well, whatever I need for it? D: I honestly don't have a single clue about any of it~
MEWcon '10/'11
Silent Hill Nurse
Secret cosplay. ;3

Sakuracon '11
Beast(Kuroshitsuji)
Blind Mag(Repo!)

Kumoricon '11

Offline Pezzer

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2008, 08:45:31 am »
contact Alex at goddessoftechno@gmail.com for an answers on this.
if you are reading this i have broken free

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2008, 09:21:43 am »
You might also try contacting our vice chair, I think Dawn may have some good ideas considering she's going to be spending most of the con in a maid's outfit (she looks so cute as a maid too, I might add).

Offline GoddessOfTechno

• Cabbit
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2008, 03:36:49 pm »
So... the maids will be meeting in front of the info desk to check in right before your shift. Please show up at least 5-10 minutes before your shift. Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 05:30:37 pm by GoddessOfTechno »

Offline GoddessOfTechno

• Cabbit
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2008, 03:47:08 pm »
Friday
   6-10PM   Pre-Reg                             4

Saturday   
   7-10A   REG                             3
   10-12A   REG                             3
   9-10A   Opening Ceremonies            - NEED ONE MORE
   5:40-6P   AMV ballot collection*    4
   8-9P   Slants Concert                - NEED ONE MORE

Sunday   
  7:30-9A   REG                             - NEED TWO MORE
   9-11A   REG                             - NEED ONE MORE
   9-12A   Ouran Host Club Tea Party    -NEED ONE MORE
   9:30-10A    Kirk Thomton Q&A   2
   11-11:30A   Richard Epcar Q&A    2
   12:30-1P                Slants Q&A    -NEED ONE MORE
   3:30-4:30P   Cosplay Contest     - FILLED
   9:30-10:30P   Masquerade           - FILLED

Monday   
    11-12A   Cosplay Chess                 - FILLED
   1-3P   Charity Auction                  2

* - With the AMV contest, the people setting it up dont need maids in the beginning because they are going to have theirs doors open 30 minutes before the event hoping to alleviate the whole line problem all together. But they would like someone to at the end of contect to pick up the ballots from the audience.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 12:38:13 pm by GoddessOfTechno »

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2008, 11:23:54 am »
I have three hundred and sixty three days to find a maid outfit that fits.

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2008, 02:03:00 pm »
I have three hundred and sixty three days to find a maid outfit that fits.
I'm with you on your quest Tanis, but >>
Mine time limit is sooner since I'll have to find one for work

Offline GoddessOfTechno

• Cabbit
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2008, 04:35:11 pm »
Thanks to everyone that helped out Maid Squad!!! Thank you to all the girls that attacked in the hallways and gave you a sign and a pin. THANK YOU EVERYONE!!

oslapedo

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2008, 03:34:13 pm »
When can we start applying for next year's maid squad? I really want to, and I've already convinced a bunch of my friends to join in with me  ;D

Offline GoddessOfTechno

• Cabbit
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2008, 05:57:23 pm »
Please sign up for next year's in Maid Squad 2009 thread. Thanks