Author Topic: Kumoricon 2008 Cosplay Contest  (Read 16810 times)

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
Kumoricon 2008 Cosplay Contest
« on: April 06, 2008, 07:22:55 pm »
The rules and for the cosplay contest are now up... you can find them here.

The entry form for the cosplay contest is here.  Online entries must be received by August 23rd, mailed entries must be postmarked by August 19th, or you can hand them in at the convention.  Please e-mail your entries to cosplay@kumoricon.org.

If you have any questions, you can post here or e-mail the Cosplay Coodinator at cosplay@kumoricon.org, or me at programming@kumoricon.org. :)   
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline kissarmy

• Chibi
    • Kisswars
Re: Kumoricon 2008 Cosplay Contest
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 09:00:59 pm »
um how many stage ninjas can help out... were gonna need about 4 or we can use friends of ours
www.myspace.com/parasolcosplay         
Kumoricon 08
~LEEROY JENKINS - World of Warcraft
~EPIC SECRET COSPLAY

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 08:59:33 pm »
um how many stage ninjas can help out... were gonna need about 4 or we can use friends of ours

To enhance the question...
if you can use your own stage people, will they count towards the number of people in the skit and count in the skit, though all they will be is dressed in black?
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 03:12:52 pm »
The number of people involved is partially because of the size of the stage and partially because we only have enough prizes for so many people.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 09:30:29 pm »
I'm hoping to have at least 4 stage ninjas... the catch is that I can request a pile of assistants for various positions and IF I recruit them all prior to the convention, then Yes, there will be at least that many. HOWEVER, the number of assistants that we have can vary depending upon the number of volunteers who step forward prior to and during the convention...  also, even if I do recruit sufficient staff, oftentimes something happens and a person (or two) may be unable to make it to Kumoricon and arrangements have to be made to handle the sudden change in personnel.

So, the best thing to do is to mention in your application your requirements for stage ninjas (and what they have to do to assist) this way I'll be certain that I've drafted enough people to help out for your skit. Then again, if your friends who are willing to be stage ninjas want to do that function for the duration of the cosplay event - tell them to contact me (cosplay manager) and they can be designated as stage ninjas (I'll only be asking for volunteers to fill the positions that don't already have people in them...)

:D

Offline jupiter13_00

• Chibi
    • Fanarts
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 09:46:10 pm »
How will we know if our emailed form has gotten to you? Will there be a list at some point?
KumoriCon 2010

Did you see us? Me and my Boyfriend were the Eyesheild 21 cosplayers.

Offline kissarmy

• Chibi
    • Kisswars
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 11:41:34 pm »
cool well i have friends to help but ill mention that i'll need some ninjas just incase
Kumoricon 08
~EPIC SECRET COSPLAY

Offline kissarmy

• Chibi
    • Kisswars
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 12:45:56 am »
OK question bout skit.

i noticed at sakuracon one group had a pretty big prop. now our prop for our skit is pretty big but not overly HUGE

is there a place like possibly behind the stage we could store it at till we go on stage

or do we need to keep it in our room and haul it around until then?
Kumoricon 08
~EPIC SECRET COSPLAY

Offline Nanao_chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 09:16:02 pm »
What's the snail mail address to send these forms to? I much prefer sending my paper forms in than emailing them. (Several of mine got lost last year -.- )
-----------------------------
The Random Panel of Doom: More adults than you can shake some pocky at.
(RPoD Panelist 2008-2014)

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 09:30:38 pm »
I have 2 questions
1. Does like a performance, say singing and dancing count?
2. Is it okay if my skit has like a dance off between characters?

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2008, 08:25:41 pm »
Answering several questions (sorry, but I haven't had time to log onto forums for a long time)

How will we know if our emailed form has gotten to you? Will there be a list at some point?
When I receive the form, I'll email you back stating that I have it. I check my email almost every day, so if you don't hear back in 2 or 3 days, then that means I didn't get the form.  :D
I have 2 questions
1. Does like a performance, say singing and dancing count?
2. Is it okay if my skit has like a dance off between characters?
Yes, those would be acceptable entries.
We're looking for entries that best entertain the audience, so as long as it's good, it'll be a winner...  :D

What's the snail mail address to send these forms to? I much prefer sending my paper forms in than emailing them. (Several of mine got lost last year -.- )
Kumoricon cosplay Contest 2008
33470 Chinook Plaza
Scappoose, OR 97056

-OR- Hand the forms directly to me at any of the Kumoricon meetings prior to the convention. :D

is there a place like possibly behind the stage we could store it at till we go on stage or do we need to keep it in our room and haul it around until then?
We'll have to check with the Hotel to see what you can do with the prop prior until Sunday. If you can leave it in your vehicle, that may be the easiest solution for most of the convention time. We will have a "Green Room" somewhere near the stage where entrants will be gathering prior to cosplay and you would be able to leave the prop there. I recommend that you confirm that you can transport the prop through the doorways and halls of the hotel - there isn't all that much room backstage and it may be difficult to move a large prop through those areas. I recommend that you check with facilities to get measurements of all ceiling heights, hall widths, doorways, etc that the prop will have to travel through to ensure that it will fit in the hotel. YOu may have to design the object so that you can transport it in several pieces and then quickly assemble it on stage [time how long it takes to assemble and practice to reduce that time to a minimum amount of time]

To enhance the question...
if you can use your own stage people, will they count towards the number of people in the skit and count in the skit, though all they will be is dressed in black?
Essentially, the number of people listed on the form will be considered "part" of the skit. I think that someone who functions as a stage ninja would not really be considered part of the skit, but rather just part of the staff...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 08:39:52 pm by Runa »

Offline kissarmy

• Chibi
    • Kisswars
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 08:54:14 pm »

is there a place like possibly behind the stage we could store it at till we go on stage or do we need to keep it in our room and haul it around until then?
We'll have to check with the Hotel to see what you can do with the prop prior until Sunday. If you can leave it in your vehicle, that may be the easiest solution for most of the convention time. We will have a "Green Room" somewhere near the stage where entrants will be gathering prior to cosplay and you would be able to leave the prop there. I recommend that you confirm that you can transport the prop through the doorways and halls of the hotel - there isn't all that much room backstage and it may be difficult to move a large prop through those areas. I recommend that you check with facilities to get measurements of all ceiling heights, hall widths, doorways, etc that the prop will have to travel through to ensure that it will fit in the hotel. YOu may have to design the object so that you can transport it in several pieces and then quickly assemble it on stage [time how long it takes to assemble and practice to reduce that time to a minimum amount of time]

cool thanks =D
Kumoricon 08
~EPIC SECRET COSPLAY

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2008, 12:40:38 pm »
Is there a minimum amount of time someone is allowed to be onstage for them to be counted as part of the skit? We have seven people involved, but two of them only have about ten or so seconds of stage time. Our skit is also a bit long (but still extremely funny with lots of easy-to-understand jokes), which is why I'm asking (since we need the five minute slot instead of the shorter one). In short, do people have to be included for a set amount of time before they are counted towards the number of people needed for the five-minute slot? I swear we're not just randomly sticking people in so we can have a longer slot.

Yeah, that's probably a bit of a stupid question... But it's been bugging me.

Also, I've forgotten... Will there be a period of time supplied by the con for pre-recording the skit? I seem to remember that there won't be...

Offline GinKyubiKitsune

• Chibi
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2008, 05:36:03 pm »
I have a Question what will be the stage like? i mean like does it have carpet on it or is it metal things like that cause for my skit it's a fight sean and i'm not really wanting to get hurt with the falls or my partners.. so i was just woundering.. cause i know if it is rugg burns hurt.. lol.. just woundering..
Kumoricon 2012 Cosplay

Kaizen Shade - Blood Jew'l - 50%
Dark Mousy - Dn Angel - 50%
Akefla - Yugioh - 75%

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 09:35:12 pm »
Is there a minimum amount of time someone is allowed to be onstage for them to be counted as part of the skit? We have seven people involved, but two of them only have about ten or so seconds of stage time. Our skit is also a bit long (but still extremely funny with lots of easy-to-understand jokes), which is why I'm asking (since we need the five minute slot instead of the shorter one). In short, do people have to be included for a set amount of time before they are counted towards the number of people needed for the five-minute slot? I swear we're not just randomly sticking people in so we can have a longer slot.

--We have not set a  "minimum" amount of time for each person in a skit to be on stage - it's too difficult for the judges to attempt to time how long each person is on stage. What we're watching for is good quality entertainment from the skits. Basically, the judges use the information on the number of people in the skit only when determining the exact set of items that will be presented as prizes (how many plaques to print and what names go on each plaque as well as what kind of assortment of "loot" that you get as the prize - we attempt to make it divisible by the number of people who were part of the skit). As for allowing a "longer" slot - part of that requires that you REQUEST that you are granted the longer slot and send us your script so we can approve the longer time (thus proving that your act with a larger crew deserves the longer slot - if it just has a few random additions to force the group size to increase, but their participation doesn't really add to the skit, then it could be considered an "abuse" of the leniency given to larger groups.) Your best bet is to carefully study your skit's content and edit it to improve the entertainment value - likely you'll find that there's a lot of surplus stuff that can be cut.

Also, I've forgotten... Will there be a period of time supplied by the con for pre-recording the skit? I seem to remember that there won't be..

I've been asking about having recording sessions available to participants at the convention. Last I heard, Kumoricon didn't yet have the equipment available to do so (which is why we didn't offer recording sessions at convention last year). If the situation changes, and recording sessions will be available at the convention, I'll be sure that someone announces it on the forums prior to the convention.

I have a Question what will be the stage like? i mean like does it have carpet on it or is it metal things like that cause for my skit it's a fight sean and i'm not really wanting to get hurt with the falls or my partners.. so i was just woundering.. cause i know if it is rugg burns hurt.. lol.. just woundering..

First of all, because of liability issues, the HOTEL will object to us allowing any kind of gymnastics or other overly funky moves.... the stage is likely to be the same thing as we had last year: a set of 8'x4' risers lashed together. Each riser has some sort of metal edging and the surface is carpeted with some sort of scratchy industrial carpeting (if I recall correctly - facilities liaison help me with this!). Since the stage will be made of a set of separate pieces, it could potentially separate unintentionally when people jump, do handsprings or other such gymnastics, so we don't recommend that you do that kind of thing since the hotel gets twitchy whenever people even think of doing something in which they may be injured (and then turn around and sue the hotel even thought the injured person is fully at fault for the injury).

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2008, 02:11:04 am »
I would like to know if your in one skit can you be in another but with a different costume/character? also when it says no yaoi do you mean you can't put any yaoi in it or reference any or no sexual acts between two men? because a friend of mine had an idea for a gravitation skit so that should be okay right?
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2008, 12:39:05 pm »
OK, the back hallway that you will be passing through to get to the stage is 5 ft wide at the narrowest point. your props must be carried through this space. Check out these two videos of me and som of the board members exploring the space that will be kumoricon 2008's Main Events room.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciCw_tJrN_I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjLZp41XFZE

Though, if you can't fit a prop through a 5ft space I think you have bigger problems than our contest.

Now that I think of it, how many different categories will be judged/given prizes this year? I know that there's a prize for a skit and a prize for a costume but is there any other specifics?
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2008, 05:20:27 pm »
For our skit would it be possible to get just some random people to hold mics for us?
we have some fighting, but also lines. We will be delivering the lines live and can't hold the mics while we are fighting.
Do I have to find those people myself, or will there be some volunteers that will be there at my disposal?

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2008, 12:58:01 pm »
oh so my group is 5 people.
if i have 1 person (not of the 5) who only walks across the stage randomly.
do they have to be part of the group registry?
this person will be completly random and not part of the group in reality i'm pretty sure

If an entrant is entering only the Skit portion of the Cosplay contest then with permission of Cosplay Manager a costume not constructed by a member of the group may be used.

^^in bold from site for reference-ish...
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2008, 10:11:47 pm »
I would like to know if your in one skit can you be in another but with a different costume/character?
Each individual can be in only one skit.

also when it says no yaoi do you mean you can't put any yaoi in it or reference any or no sexual acts between two men? because a friend of mine had an idea for a gravitation skit so that should be okay right?
You can use characters from any anime you choose. You may not perform any sexual acts of any sort. We have to keep this PG-13...

For our skit would it be possible to get just some random people to hold mics for us?
we have some fighting, but also lines. We will be delivering the lines live and can't hold the mics while we are fighting. Do I have to find those people myself, or will there be some volunteers that will be there at my disposal?
There should be some microphones on stage. Typically they would be either hanging from above, or on stands on stage (depends upon what will be available to us). There will be several stage ninjas avaiable to assist cosplayers on and off the stage and to do other things as needed. However, given prior experiences, unless you speak very loudly and enunciate clearly, you would be best off pre recording the audio to ensure that everyone can hear and understand your dialog.

oh so my group is 5 people. if i have 1 person (not of the 5) who only walks across the stage randomly.
do they have to be part of the group registry? this person will be completly random and not part of the group in reality i'm pretty sure
I'm not certain what you are asking....I would think that if a person is spending some time on stage that the person would want some credit for participating right? Then why would you not want to consider this person as part of your group?

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2008, 04:05:39 pm »
Your best bet is to carefully study your skit's content and edit it to improve the entertainment value - likely you'll find that there's a lot of surplus stuff that can be cut.

I can assure you, this skit used to be much longer and certainly not as funny. All the surplus has already been cut, anything else and the skit wouldn't make much sense.

So, do I send the script along with everyone's slips and ask for the longer slot then, or can I send it separately and ask?

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2008, 06:30:56 pm »

oh so my group is 5 people. if i have 1 person (not of the 5) who only walks across the stage randomly.
do they have to be part of the group registry? this person will be completly random and not part of the group in reality i'm pretty sure
I'm not certain what you are asking....I would think that if a person is spending some time on stage that the person would want some credit for participating right? Then why would you not want to consider this person as part of your group?

but we won't know who this person is until the con.
we wanted to know is we could just ask some one during the con.
unless we were allowed to add on day of cosplay contest
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2008, 08:15:24 pm »
I would like to know if your in one skit can you be in another but with a different costume/character?

also when it says no yaoi do you mean you can't put any yaoi in it or reference any or no sexual acts between two men? because a friend of mine had an idea for a gravitation skit so that should be okay right?
You can use characters from any anime you choose. You may not perform any sexual acts of any sort. We have to keep this PG-13...

okay so the individual can only be in one skit.  thank you for the info. :3
da/tumblr

Offline GinKyubiKitsune

• Chibi
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2008, 10:01:23 pm »

First of all, because of liability issues, the HOTEL will object to us allowing any kind of gymnastics or other overly funky moves.... the stage is likely to be the same thing as we had last year: a set of 8'x4' risers lashed together. Each riser has some sort of metal edging and the surface is carpeted with some sort of scratchy industrial carpeting (if I recall correctly - facilities liaison help me with this!). Since the stage will be made of a set of separate pieces, it could potentially separate unintentionally when people jump, do handsprings or other such gymnastics, so we don't recommend that you do that kind of thing since the hotel gets twitchy whenever people even think of doing something in which they may be injured (and then turn around and sue the hotel even thought the injured person is fully at fault for the injury).
[/quote]

Ok umm what if it's really not anything acrobaticks or anything like that besides runing about, slaping, and fake falling? like something easyes the type of dromatic things like when people say 'oh i feel faint' or when they pretend to run into walls? will something like that be alright?
Kumoricon 2012 Cosplay

Kaizen Shade - Blood Jew'l - 50%
Dark Mousy - Dn Angel - 50%
Akefla - Yugioh - 75%

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2008, 10:34:20 pm »
our group wanted to know if we could possibly get stools instead of chairs for our skit. some of the characters are going to be sitting down for most of it. also we were wondering if bastard was an okay word to use in the skit. if it isn't can we just have someone go 'beep' instead? like blurring the word.
da/tumblr

Offline kissarmy

• Chibi
    • Kisswars
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2008, 11:12:31 pm »
my groups entry needs to be removed ; ___ ; our costumes are not gonna be a go by kumoricon =/ oh well
Kumoricon 08
~EPIC SECRET COSPLAY

Offline Gourry Gabriev kun

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2008, 10:23:21 am »
"I hate to sound stupid but, when will the cosplay contest take place? I've been going to Kumoricon for like, 3 or 4 years now, and I think it was usually held on the last day around 8PM, right? Just checking (to see the day, at least)." ^^;;
Kumoricon 2009: Gourry Gabriev (all 3 days)

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2008, 10:25:40 am »
"I hate to sound stupid but, when will the cosplay contest take place? I've been going to Kumoricon for like, 3 or 4 years now, and I think it was usually held on the last day around 8PM, right? Just checking (to see the day, at least)." ^^;;

It's Sunday from 5:00pm to 8:00pm.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Gourry Gabriev kun

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2008, 10:38:14 am »
"Ahh, thank you very much! I probably would have missed it..." XD
Kumoricon 2009: Gourry Gabriev (all 3 days)

=Rabid Gourrina Fangirl=

Offline Creelman09

• Cabbit
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2008, 04:58:48 pm »
Can you do a costume walk one with with two people?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 05:01:13 pm by Creelman09 »
If you saw two guys named Hambone and Flippy, which one would you think liked dolphins most? I'd say Flippy, wouldn't you? You'd be wrong though. It's Hambone
~JH

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2008, 09:17:05 pm »
typically yes
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2008, 12:32:37 am »
The rules and for the cosplay contest are now up... you can find them here.

The entry form for the cosplay contest is here.  Online entries must be received by August 23rd, mailed entries must be postmarked by August 19th, or you can hand them in at the convention.  Please e-mail your entries to cosplay@kumoricon.org.

If you have any questions, you can post here or e-mail the Cosplay Coodinator at cosplay@kumoricon.org, or me at programming@kumoricon.org. :)   
Where at the convention do I turn in the form?

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2008, 12:40:31 am »

we have some fighting, but also lines. We will be delivering the lines live and can't hold the mics while we are fighting. Do I have to find those people myself, or will there be some volunteers that will be there at my disposal?
There should be some microphones on stage. Typically they would be either hanging from above, or on stands on stage (depends upon what will be available to us). There will be several stage ninjas avaiable to assist cosplayers on and off the stage and to do other things as needed. However, given prior experiences, unless you speak very loudly and enunciate clearly, you would be best off pre recording the audio to ensure that everyone can hear and understand your dialog.

The top and 4th replies are the exact reason why my original skit fell out of possibility.
1. it would involve a dragon ball hunt the day before the skit where anyone could come onto stage with their dragon ball, this would not exclude people who already have skits lined up, possibly threatening the chance of getting judged in their own act.

2. not listed but the whole skit would involve summoning the dragon, then a brief battle with a DBZ villain would commence, then the wishing. All of this would take a good 10 minutes or more. And the skit requirements are 5 minutes max with 5 or more people.

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2008, 07:19:23 am »
Where at the convention do I turn in the form?

There will be a place at the Info Booth for dropping off completed forms and to obtain forms and copies of the rules.

our group wanted to know if we could possibly get stools instead of chairs for our skit. some of the characters are going to be sitting down for most of it. also we were wondering if bastard was an okay word to use in the skit. if it isn't can we just have someone go 'beep' instead? like blurring the word.
"bastard" is acceptable since it's not profanity but rather a term for a child of unmarried parents.
stools? Um.... not sure if the hotel has those available. Can you bring your own?

My group's entry needs to be removed ; ___ ; our costumes are not gonna be a go by kumoricon =/ oh well
Please email me the information on your group so I know which one to delete - I don't recognize your forum name

Can you do a costume walk one with with two people?
Yes.
Since walking across the stage and judging are two separate activities, you can specify how your entry is handled.
If you want to have multiple people as a costume entry, enter using one form as a "costume only (walk on)" entry (this groups you together as a set for walking across stage).
THEN specify whether the costumes are to be judged as a group or individually (this groups you together or separates you into individuals for judging).

« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 07:27:48 am by Runa »

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2008, 07:20:10 am »
 Now that the schedule has been printed, it's time to let participants know when to be where for cosplay event. There are still many spaces available so if you were thinking of signing up, there's room for you / your group. We are going to run things the way we did last year - participants will sign up for time slots for judging and rehearsals so that everyone isn't locked in the same room all day. HOWEVER, keep in mind that if you do leave, you MUST be sure to show up for your slot or you'll be disqualified... Notes for each event are included in description:

9:00 A.M. Sunday – Main Events Room - OPTIONAL Skit rehearsal.
           - 15 minute blocks are set up for each group that wishes to practice their skit.
           - Sign-ups for this time period MUST be done by 8:00PM Saturday night. The sign up sheet for this will be at the info booth all day Saturday, so be sure to sign up then if you want to participate in this. If no one has signed up for the slot following your slot, you may have a little bit more time to practice, but there is no guarantee you will get that time.
           - Groups that desire to practice, but have not signed up, may go meet with the House Manager for Cosplay to see if any spots are not filled.
           - Groups that have signed up, but have not SHOWN up on time, get bumped down to the next available spot. Please be on time.

12:00 P.M. (Noon) -12:30 Sunday – Main Events room - Cosplay pre-meeting

- FINAL DEADLINE for all entries. Entry forms, waivers, and CDs must be turned in to the Cosplay Manager. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.
          - This is the time to ask the Cosplay Manager questions about skit content and weapons use; sign up for Costume Workmanship slots, Photography slots, and Skit technical rehearsal slots; and hear any last-minute announcements.       
           - PLEASE arrive on time to reduce chaos and staff stress.
           - Costumes NOT required at this meeting
          -  At least one member of each group must be present  to check in, proofread the data, make last minute corrections, etc. (this means that if one of your members is "lost", then the rest of you show up to check in and THEN you can go hunt him down. DON'T be late to this - there is a mountain of paperwork for the staff to handle and we need to have time to get all the data sheets printed, sorted and distributed to appropriate people. If we don't see you then you aren't in cosplay ). 

1230-1 Sunday - Main Events Room - Staff only stuff...

- Printing out of all forms, organizing paperwork, Q&A for MCs, Tech, stage crew, etc.

1:00 - 4:00 P.M. Sunday – Main Events Room- Cosplay technical rehearsal time for skit entrants and walk-ons.
            - Costumes NOT required at this meeting, but a good idea since you may wish to "test" how difficult it will be to get on/off stage in the costume.
            - Walk-ons will walk across the stage once each to get a feel for the size of the stage and when and where to pose.  Walk-ons will be the first time slot - 1PM to about 1:15PM - since this is rather quick. Walk-on participants may bring their own background music or the tech group may play some generic song (their choice)
            - Skit entrants must arrive at least 5 minutes prior to the start time of their rehearsal slot. This is quick walk-through to help coordinate ninja assistance, lighting, music, etc. Remember, this is a technical walk-through, not a full rehearsal, so you will only be on stage long enough for testing of your audio and confirming technical queues.
           - You may stay or leave at your discretion, however if you miss your slot, your group will be disqualified.

100 - 400 P.M. Sunday - Back of Main Events room - Costume Workmanship judging and entrant photograph sessions.
       - Be sure to arrive at  least 5 –10 minutes prior to your scheduled time slot.   
       - Costumes REQUIRED (duh).

4:30 P.M. Sunday - Green Room

- All entrants must be present in Green Room. Costumes REQUIRED. 
            - Seating for Cosplay Competition begins
            - First episode of Emma will be shown in Main Events room. We are supposed to have video feed into Green Room, so you will be able to watch the episode as well.

5:00 P.M. Sunday - Curtain Time!

- Follow directions of Green Room "Mom," cosplayer wranglers, stage crew for when to head to the stage for your act.
            - After you act is over, you may either find a seat in the main events hall or return to the Green Room to hang out or watch the rest of the competition on the video feed.

?? PM Sunday - "Half-time Show" and Winner announcements
            After Cosplay Competition ends, The Anime Hunters will put on a special skit to entertain the audience while the judges compile the results and determine winners. Please stick around for that since it's expected to be good. As soon as the judges are finished deciding, they'll announce the results and call the winners up on stage to take a bow*.

* Prizes will be available in the programming suite about an hour after the winners are announced. (well, the judges will try their best to get the prizes organized and the certificates printed by that time... )

Offline CharlotteElbourne

• Chibi
    • Charlotte's Cosplay.com Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2008, 06:15:31 pm »
1:00 - 4:00 P.M. Sunday – Main Events Room- Cosplay technical rehearsal time for skit entrants and walk-ons.
            - Costumes NOT required at this meeting, but a good idea since you may wish to "test" how difficult it will be to get on/off stage in the costume.
            - Walk-ons will walk across the stage once each to get a feel for the size of the stage and when and where to pose.  Walk-ons will be the first time slot - 1PM to about 1:15PM - since this is rather quick. Walk-on participants may bring their own background music or the tech group may play some generic song (their choice)
            - Skit entrants must arrive at least 5 minutes prior to the start time of their rehearsal slot. This is quick walk-through to help coordinate ninja assistance, lighting, music, etc. Remember, this is a technical walk-through, not a full rehearsal, so you will only be on stage long enough for testing of your audio and confirming technical queues.
           - You may stay or leave at your discretion, however if you miss your slot, your group will be disqualified.

100 - 400 P.M. Sunday - Back of Main Events room - Costume Workmanship judging and entrant photograph sessions.

These both say 1:00 -4:00pm Sunday, and I am a little confused at this. One says costumes not required, while the other says they are, so are they occurring at the same time? I have a walk on costume only, so will the judging and photo session be after 1:15pm when all the walk-on's have already walked on stage?

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2008, 06:26:23 pm »

These both say 1:00 -4:00pm Sunday, and I am a little confused at this. One says costumes not required, while the other says they are, so are they occurring at the same time? I have a walk on costume only, so will the judging and photo session be after 1:15pm when all the walk-on's have already walked on stage?

I wrote it in that manner because there are some entrants who are skit only entrants - their costumes will not be judged, so they don't need their costumes at that time. It is still a good idea, but not absolutely necessary...Walk ons will have their "technical rehearsal" (practice walk across the stage ) between 1 and 115. We do NOT judge while you're walking across the stage since the judges are all costumers and we like getting close up views of the costume. It's nearly impossible to judge costume from a distance... up close we will see your stitches.  :D   

Costume judging starts immediately after and runs until 4 PM... since we have people in skits and people who are costume only, we have to spread out the costume judging to give people time to both have a technical rehearsal and have costumes judged. Naturally, you need to have your costume on for judging. Most entrants likely will show up in costume at the pre-meeting, but there are always a few who don't finish getting fully dressed until about 15 minutes before their costumes are to be judged.

Offline Spit

• Sailor Scout
    • http://thebakaotaku.topcities.com
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2008, 07:32:13 pm »
so whats the deal with the green room? absolutely everyone that has signed up has to be there? or is just specific people...

to elaborate more on my question, im doing a walk-on only, so i'll arrive at 1 to do the rehearsal then i'll be done by 115, and then go to the green room?
mention this to me and watch the weather change.
--------------------------------------
Sakura-Con/Kumori-Con 08-10:
Bubble Head Nurse-100%
Zapdos-20%

Offline NaruSasuFanGal

• Chibi
    • It's Jake... Frome State Farm
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2008, 07:49:28 pm »
This may have already been answered(i just skimmed through this). but my friend and filled out the forum and saw that the deadline for emails was a couple days ago. so we can turn our forum in at the con right?  :P
Kumori con 15

Sango- Inuyasha
Lucy- Fairy Tail
Robin- Young Justice
Craig- South Park

Offline CharlotteElbourne

• Chibi
    • Charlotte's Cosplay.com Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2008, 03:08:47 am »

I wrote it in that manner because there are some entrants who are skit only entrants - their costumes will not be judged, so they don't need their costumes at that time. It is still a good idea, but not absolutely necessary...Walk ons will have their "technical rehearsal" (practice walk across the stage ) between 1 and 115. We do NOT judge while you're walking across the stage since the judges are all costumers and we like getting close up views of the costume. It's nearly impossible to judge costume from a distance... up close we will see your stitches.  :D   

Costume judging starts immediately after and runs until 4 PM... since we have people in skits and people who are costume only, we have to spread out the costume judging to give people time to both have a technical rehearsal and have costumes judged. Naturally, you need to have your costume on for judging. Most entrants likely will show up in costume at the pre-meeting, but there are always a few who don't finish getting fully dressed until about 15 minutes before their costumes are to be judged.

Ah... that makes much more sense ^^ Thank you!

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2008, 08:19:45 am »
so whats the deal with the green room? absolutely everyone that has signed up has to be there? or is just specific people...
to elaborate more on my question, im doing a walk-on only, so i'll arrive at 1 to do the rehearsal then i'll be done by 115, and then go to the green room?

The green room is where everyone hangs out during the competition (and during a short time prior to be sure that the green room mom and stage managers know everyone is present and aware of when they'll be called on stage). The green room will be in use as "rounds" (or something equivalent) up until about 4 PM, so you can't hang out in there (unless you're participating in those panels of course). So for a walk on you'll arrive at NOON for the pre-meeting to check in so that I know you made it to the convention, all the data has been correctly entered into my database, you can hear any announcements / ask questions, AND so you can get a slot for costume judging time. At 1, the walk ons will have their opportunities to walk across the stage. I expect that to finish relatively quickly, but I allotted 15 minutes in case of a SNAFU. After the tech rehearsal, you next will have to show up on time for your costume judging. What you do in the meantime is up to you. Many will likely find a mirror to make sure that their costumes are just so. Others will hang out and talk. Once your costume has been judged and you've had your picture taken by the photographer get something to eat / drink and rest until it's time to go on stage. I've arranged it this way because people don't like being locked in a room for 5 hours and not allowed to leave. If you want to hang out in the main events room and watch the other tech rehearsals, do it quietly. Regardless of whether you stay in the main events room, wander about the convention, or sit in the Green room, you must be in the Green Room by no later than 4:30. This means that you have to be sufficiently responsible to get yourself where you ought to be at the right time. If you can't tell time, then just make sure someone drops you in the Main Events room at noon and you just stay there until someone tells you to move to the Green room.  :)

This may have already been answered(i just skimmed through this). but my friend and filled out the form and saw that the deadline for emails was a couple days ago. so we can turn our form in at the con right? 
Yes you can turn your form in at the con. Actually, go ahead an email it to me so I can get it entered. It'll help me a lot to not have to enter a ton of data on Sunday.

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2008, 09:13:38 am »
Slight change to the schedule...

The pocket schedule shows that there is rehearsal time in Main Events from 9am to noon.  We needed to schedule a panel in Main that morning, so rehearsal for Cosplay will be from 9am to 11am.  This rehearsal time is optional... the technical walkthrough/rehearsal at 1pm is not.

There will be at-con sign-ups for the morning rehearsal time.
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline NaruSasuFanGal

• Chibi
    • It's Jake... Frome State Farm
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2008, 12:59:23 am »
I'll get that sent to you tomorrow *notices it is tomorrow* oh im mean later today! :P I have to use my friends computer cause the form wont open on this old peice of junk! Baka computer.... Oh and we have to put our email address in the extra space for the title of our skit cause for some reasson it wont let us type it below that.  ::)
Kumori con 15

Sango- Inuyasha
Lucy- Fairy Tail
Robin- Young Justice
Craig- South Park

Offline NightLotus

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2008, 10:49:49 am »

when you say 5-10 minutes prior to your schedualed time slot, when will we get the schedual for our time slot? after the pre-meeting?

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2008, 02:56:55 pm »
when you say 5-10 minutes prior to your schedualed time slot, when will we get the schedual for our time slot? after the pre-meeting?
Tech rehearsal and costume judging time slots will be assigned DURING the pre-meeting.

Offline Nanao_chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2008, 10:35:27 pm »
Any idea when the winners will be posted? I never got a chance to see if I was even concidered.
-----------------------------
The Random Panel of Doom: More adults than you can shake some pocky at.
(RPoD Panelist 2008-2014)