Author Topic: Kumoricon Lite - Gaming  (Read 6861 times)

Offline HellSap

• Sailor Scout
Kumoricon Lite - Gaming
« on: April 03, 2008, 04:55:26 pm »
Hey all.
Just posting some info for Kumoricon Lite event that we're having at PSU on May 10th.

Just for fun, I think we'll have a Rock Band tourney (depending on the tournout), and Guilty Gear.   Thats just my personal preferences, so if anyone has any ideas, we can throw something together.  Quick, easy and no prizes other than glory.

Just bring some suggestions and such.  And any games you'd like to see and/or bring, too.
Always and forever... Conspiring with the devil, Conquering together.
D/L Star Control 2 - Ur-Quan Masters here http://sourceforge.net/projects/sc2/ !
PSU Video Game Club - http://randomselect.groups.pdx.edu/

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Re: Kumoricon Lite - Gaming
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 07:59:03 pm »
DDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDR
DDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDRDDR
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Zenn

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 08:31:48 pm »
Soul Calibur 3 or 4 tourney. all depends on the SC4 release.
2008 Kumoricon costumes:

Cap'n Power(Applegeeks)...maybe
Mousse(Ranma ½)

Offline black marth 07

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 02:05:50 pm »
Naruto 4 Japaness version . . or EX if can get a hold of one

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 03:15:10 pm »

2nd'd
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 06:15:33 pm »

2nd'd

3rd'd.....But instead of all those super duper, 'LYK OMG, 4,000 STEPS PER SECOND' people, we should have some easy stuff for DDR virgins like moi. XD

Offline pantsu

• Oni
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 12:27:19 am »
4000 steps per second is not only impossible for a humans to comprehend but would crash stepmania :/... also lol @ ddr virgins hahaha

yah i am up for a ddr tourny... i can bring my IIDX and popn music setup for people to goof off... also singstar pop and amped... so fun :)

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 01:24:23 am »

2nd'd

3rd'd.....But instead of all those super duper, 'LYK OMG, 4,000 STEPS PER SECOND' people, we should have some easy stuff for DDR virgins like moi. XD
No worries, we play for fun.  You don't have to be an obsessed crazy-maniac like us to enjoy yourself.  The competitive edge only exists with other DDR psychos. :P

Offline Wobbifacorn

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 05:12:15 pm »
Oh man, have ddr hottest party for wii or the ps2 version!!!! And a pokemon diamond/pearl tournament as well. That'd be awesome
-----------------------------

A true trainer never backs down from a challenge

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 12:32:40 am »
I'll bring DDR Max, Max2, Ex2, SN, SN2, and ITG, plus a 2.5" metal pad that may or may not work if I can get a ride there.

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 04:22:19 am »
Dag! I have two metal pads that would be MARVELOUS! I had an upstairs apartment, so I had to be super quiet! These pads are VERY sensitive and VERY loving! I....I can't imagine life without them....
No one over 250 lbs, though. They have a limit, and I prefer they don't end up like the arcade machines from multiple "hardcore" people jumping and stomping on them. So I might be able to bring them to Kcon!

I also have all the DDR's, including the 360 and Xbox ones. Well, I don't have like the Disney or Hanna Montana DDRs. Unfortunately, I'm missing Konamix now, too TT_TT

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2008, 06:16:16 pm »
Hellsap, just in case you don't have a godly ability to remember all the little things I said to do with the pads, I'll type 'em out:

-Unbow panels (if you look, they're flexed, this isn't healthy for the panels and makes for inconsistent sensitivity): Unscrew each screw and then tighten it to where it sits gently on top of the panel.  The panel should appear flat.
-Remove plastic shipping protection: this is the white layer on each of the 4 directional panels.  It generates high static which can short-circuit the pad and looks sloppy.
-Attach velcro (hooks, not loops) pads to the bottom of each platform.  Make sure it's not so strong that you can't move the pads though!

I'd also recommend the following:
-Attach the pads or let me make you something to attach them so people can play doubles.
-Build or let me build some backbars for them. (this can be done without doing anything to the pad, so it's harmless, just a bit costly: $20 each)
-Clean them out every 6 months or so.  Call me in six months and I'll show you how to do this right.

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2008, 09:04:03 pm »
Tofuuuu! These are my pads. They might actually be generic (I can't find a brand on'em), but they play excellently! Logitech quality!

Are they really that small, you ask? No, my cat is just that big. They're the same size as the ones at the mini-con. You can tell I use the left one more. That blue stuff peeling is just the thin plastic coating I never bothered to take off. 400 lbs is their limit, but I take into account the pressure of peoples' playing abilities.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2008, 09:18:52 pm »
Those are TX-1000's, a popular third party brand.  They typically sell unlabeled so that Konami can't sue them like they did BeatGear (much better pads; only 56 ever made)

I had some similar ones; the most annoying thing about them is that they have 10.75" square panels, while official pads have 11" panels exactly.  So when I bought lexan sheets to replace the cracked panels, I had to cut them down 1/4".

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2008, 09:28:43 pm »
Come to think of it, I was looking down to get centered a lot. So when you consider the left/center squares make up .5" difference, and the right/center squares make up .5" together, an inch is a pretty big difference!
Still, they are my favorite so far. Besides the size, do you have any trouble with them? I've only had to clean them once so far. Third party makes me cry, but I stand by the quality thing; I can play (and pass well) on Heavy songs! XD

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008, 04:54:30 pm »
You should try to get into the habit of navigating by the brackets.  That's what I do as an arcade player. (makes for problems on soft pads and flat pads though)