Author Topic: Anime Dance contest [progress]  (Read 60503 times)

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
Anime Dance contest [progress]
« on: March 31, 2008, 10:51:34 pm »
Hey Everyone! Alright so I'm thinking of hosting a dance contest~!
You know those dances like Motteke! Sailor Fuku! and Hare Hare Yukai!
Welcome Offical or Original!
I'm thinking we'll have a stage, judges, music, the works!
Plus prizes! What do you think are good prizes?
Do you think this is a good idea?
Should I go through with it? Please help me!

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
Re: Anime Dance contest [progress]
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 12:36:43 am »
Ja! I think this is a wonderful idea! I think there should be different categories, like Best Individual Performance and Best Group Performance for each of the official dances and original dances.
And the original dances could be for different series.
I think it would be cool to see a Death Note group dance... hahahaa

Anyway, individual performance should mostly be judged on how well they embody their character while they're doing the dance, and group dances should be judged more on precision and how together they are, but of course character is important for group dances as well. For original dances, choreography would be a factor as well for both the individual and group categories.

I just think they should be judged separately, because there are things you can do in a group that don't have the same effect in a solo performance, and - vice versa - there are things you can do in a solo performance that don't have the same effect with a group. And there may be people who already practiced in a group versus people who didn't, and if the people who didn't practice together were stuck going against a group who did, it wouldn't be very fair.

Basically, what I'm thinking is that everyone can participate in the contest for Best Individual Performance, including those who danced in a group (and those who didn't), but only groups could go for the Best Group Performance.

Everybody should get something small for participating (just 'cause that would be cool). Prizes could be ribbons, buttons, or even trophies if someone wants to make them (lol, just an idea), or maybe a benevolent artist could make a few awesome anime dance related pictures to give. :P
Maybe anime music albums from SHnY or Lucky Star could be the grand prizes!

I wrote a lot, didn't I... o.o

----
EDIT: Of course I would; it's anime and dance, my two favorite things put together...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 12:39:14 am by Cassiopeia »
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 09:25:44 pm »
excellent idea! I would have never thought of that! I'll think about it! What about group prizes though? It might be unfair to give the winners one trophy [or something.] I think anime catagorys would be to much to handle. They're over hundreds of animes it would take to much of a time. I think it would be better just to have the group and solo performance.

Participents will request spots and song of course. They could either bring there own music or request one for me to find it and put it on a mix. Time slots should be made of course. How long should the whole program last? I don't want it to last to long, then that would ruin the con. I think i can handle 1 or 2 hours at the least.

I think a video will be recorded for all those youtube fans who missed out on all the fun...but it might make people nervous. Who would make sutable judges? Volunteers? Random people? Random people might be a bad idea. Should there be like....um scoring cards? A screen. I think we will have registration papers for it. How about a fun at the end kind of thing where people can just dance for fun? Thank you very much for replying! It's helped a lot!

We'll what does everyone else think??

Offline dshwshr55

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 09:32:42 pm »
Heh, my wife wants to do Sumomo's exercise dance! ^^;;;;

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 10:12:41 pm »
I guess that would be fine also!

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 01:41:55 am »
What about group prizes though? It might be unfair to give the winners one trophy [or something.]
I agree with you on that it would be unfair to give a whole group just one thing that they couldn't share. xD
For the group prize... mini trophies! xD Or...eh... special buttons?

I think anime categories would be to much to handle. They're over hundreds of animes it would take to much of a time. I think it would be better just to have the group and solo performance.
What I was originally thinking was that there would be four different categories:
Official Dance - Solo
Official Dance - Group
Original Dance - Solo
Original Dance - Group

But now I'm thinking that there could be six.

Official Dance - Solo
Official Dance - Group
Original Dance - Solo - No Series Crossovers
Original Dance - Group - No Series Crossovers
Original Dance - Solo - Series Crossovers
Original Dance - Group - Series Crossovers

If there's any animated dance from any series that someone wants to do exactly, whether it be the Hare Hare Yukai, Lucky Star OP, Lucky Star last episode dance (those two are to the same song and similar but still different), or Sumomo's exercise dance, then it would go in the official dance category.

What would be in the original dance category would be if someone wanted to make up different choreography to a dance that already existed (like taking the song for the Lucky Star dance and making new choreography) or wanted to make a dance for a different series that doesn't exist yet (say, Death Note, like I mentioned before) to a song fitting the character/s doing it.

The full Hare Hare Yukai is kind of iffy as to what category it would be in since there isn't - at least I don't think there is - an actual official version of it. But I think it would go in the official category just because people would be following choreography that has mostly already been done before. But like I said before, if they were to make up a completely new dance for it, then it would be in the original dance category.

CATEGORY RULES--

OFFICIAL DANCE
For official dances, series crossovers would be allowed, where either:
- the music and costumes are from the same series, but the dance choreography is from another (ex: Hare Hare Yukai dance choreography set to the song Sakura Kiss, danced by Ouran cosplayers)
- the music and dance choreography are from the same series, but the costumes are from another (ex: Hare Hare Yukai dance choreography set to the song Hare Hare Yukai, danced by Legend of Zelda cosplayers)
- the dance choreography and costumes are from the same series, but the music is from another (ex: Hare Hare Yukai dance choreography set to the song Ready Steady Go, danced by The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya cosplayers)

Do you think it would be alright if the music, choreography, and costumes were all from different series (ex: Hare Hare Yukai dance choreography set to the song Ready Steady Go, danced by Ouran cosplayers)? xD I think that would just be weird, but it would fit, I guess...

Of course, in the official dance category, there doesn't have to be series crossovers, meaning people could do the Hare Hare Yukai dance choreography set to the song Hare Hare Yukai, and cosplay as characters from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

ORIGINAL DANCE
- choreography has to relate to characters

- WITH NO CROSSOVERS
-- music and characters relate (series-wise)
-- ex: Lucky Star cosplayers dance to Motteke! Sailor Fuku with new choreography
-- ex: Death Note cosplayers dance to The World with original (new) choreography

- WITH CROSSOVERS
-- music and characters do not relate
-- ex: Ouran cosplayers dance to Ready Steady Go with original choreography (relating to characters though as per the first original dance category rule)

I'm thinking there shouldn't be original dances with crossovers, and there shouldn't be official dances where the music, choreography, and costumes are all from different series, because they're more complicated and there are plenty of dance options without them... But that's just me...

Participants will request spots and song of course. They could either bring there own music or request one for me to find it and put it on a mix. Time slots should be made of course. How long should the whole program last? I don't want it to last to long, then that would ruin the con. I think i can handle 1 or 2 hours at the least.
If there's an animation to go with someone's dance, I think it should be played (for the original dances). (Of course, this requires hooking up a computer to speakers and a projector.) Since crossovers would be allowed in that category, people could sync up the animation to a different song themselves and bring it in on a CD to be played. For just songs without animation, like you said, they could bring it in themselves or request, if you're willing to take on that responsibility.~

I think a video will be recorded for all those youtube fans who missed out on all the fun...but it might make people nervous.
People will record it on their own cameras anyway, unless you specifically make a rule of no recording. There might as well be a nice stable video version...

Who would make sutable judges? Volunteers? Random people? Random people might be a bad idea. Should there be like....um scoring cards?
I think volunteers for judging would be the best.

A screen.
Quote from: Cassiopeia
If there's an animation to go with someone's dance, I think it should be played (for the original dances). (Of course, this requires hooking up a computer to speakers and a projector.)
??

I think we will have registration papers for it.
Um... Would you need help with that?

How about a fun at the end kind of thing where people can just dance for fun?
Of course!! Dance party!!~~ :D

Thank you very much for replying! It's helped a lot!
Yay~

Whew! those rules took me hours to come up with, organize, and refine... As you can see, I really care about this xD

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 11:42:03 am »
Someone is a bit excited. lawl
Of course!!!

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 07:29:06 pm »
Does anybody else have anything to say about this? :( :( :(

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 10:31:53 pm »
I would love to do this!!!! Count me in if this ever gets done! XD Not that I can dance!

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 08:18:42 pm »
Wow, I don't know what to say. It's a lot to think about.
All the catagories is perfect. I think we'll go with that.
For animation, i don't think we should do that because it'll be really hard to deal with.
They should bring there own music because we'll probably have the judges speak and with a mix they'll be very little time slots. I think I'll have them bring one and I'll bring a mix just incase the cd's don't work.
Still i think this whole thing might last ~2-3 hours if where on time. like i said i don't want this to take the whole day. And there's no wondering how many people will be participating.

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 06:14:44 pm »
For animation, i don't think we should do that because it'll be really hard to deal with.

Aww.
I think it's something that would make the event multiple times cooler. Would it really be that hard to do?

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 08:37:13 pm »

Aww.
I think it's something that would make the event multiple times cooler. Would it really be that hard to do?

Well, it would take reservation for something big enough. Setting up ther screen [dangrous XD] becuase the room won't have a screen in it I believe. We'd have to make sure that it's connected before hand and test every single file that where to play on the screen to make sure it worked. Then there has to be someone working with the computer. And it'll probably be a personal laptop that it working with it >> And I don't think my mom will let me bring it to a convention where it could get stolen easily. And this has to be hours before the actual program o.O don't forget if we want an audiance well have to set up chairs and a table for judges. It's a lot of work just thinking about it. *-*

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2008, 10:30:43 pm »
I guess I just have expectations for this event that are too big. xD

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2008, 10:19:56 pm »
Well that's a good idea!
Can you help me fill out the form...I donno how to start XD
For the description I mean.
What time should it be held at? What day?
What events shall it not run with?
What equipment will we need?

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2008, 10:36:33 pm »
Well we don't want it to be during the cosplay contest.
I'm going to be helping out with the host club tea party, so it can't be whenever that is.
Mmm.. I'd also like to go to the cosplay chess, but that's less important.

As long as it doesn't interfere with those events, I don't care what day it is on. (Well, I don't want it to be during the opening or closing ceremomies either.)

For equipment... well we need something to play the music, speakers, and a stage if possible. xD

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2008, 09:31:43 am »
I want to help out with the Host Club Tea Party but I'm not going as a Host XD
It sounds fun though. I might not be attending chess but definetly not during the cosplay contest. I don't think we should do it during karaoke times either. If there is any.

For equipment I will be requesting a theater with a stage!

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2008, 09:58:55 pm »
We also don't want it during the dance instruction panel that will probably be happening.

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2008, 02:56:09 pm »
That sounds like fun.  I was getting a Hare Hare/ Lucky Star dance group together for either a skit or just for fun but that sounds even better.

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2008, 03:05:30 pm »
You should still get a group together just for fun though.

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2008, 04:01:45 pm »
Yeah we are.  I'll ask the group what they think about it.

Offline sekitan bun

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2008, 05:59:59 pm »
Sweeeeet =v=
I would LOVE to see that, and possibly join! you should SO make it official! 8D
Cosplays 09:
Sebastian Michaelis-kuroshitsujiKarren-code geass

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2008, 07:22:44 pm »
Sweeeeet =v=
I would LOVE to see that, and possibly join! you should SO make it official! 8D

Yeah, check out my Hare Hare Gathering thread for details and such ^^  We'd love to have you.

Offline julietta

• Cabbit
    • Dev.Art
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2008, 10:48:34 pm »
Please say that this is happening! I would LOVE to participate! :D
Do you have the date/time set up?
Kumoricon 2008 - Haruhi Suzumiya~

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2008, 07:18:21 am »
Ummmm, I'm not sure if it's in there, but here's the schedule.
http://www.kumoricon.org/files/kumoricon2008pocketguide.pdf
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Kori123

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2008, 08:39:06 am »
It's not there ;-;  But we're planning it on Sunday now around noonish.  It's still kind of hanging in the air because we all have schedules we want to keep.

Offline Sapphira

• Cabbit
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2008, 05:45:28 pm »
Where exactly would this contest be? (If it's held) I would probably want to do some form of ParaPara..(My friend wouldn't do it with me though.. she's too shy..)

Offline GANG//GReeN

• Bunnygirl
    • My Myspace
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2008, 01:45:41 pm »
this would be really fun :D!
Cosplays For '10:
Link : Zelda Ocarina of Time
Namine: Kingdom Hearts 2
Rikku: Final Fantasy
Anemone: Eureka 7
Chachamaru KaraKuri: Negima!
Harley Quinn - Batman
~~MYSTERY COSPLAY!~~

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2008, 02:38:44 pm »
I have something like this planned for MEWcon...

Think we could actually do it this time around at K-con? : D

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2008, 02:43:24 pm »
Possibly
I don't think I can handle this one since I'll be staff though.
If someone is willing to take over I'll help as much as I can~ ><

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2008, 04:19:36 pm »
xD I'll do it~

Offline GANG//GReeN

• Bunnygirl
    • My Myspace
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2008, 04:47:39 pm »
i could helP :) though i'm not staff >.>; would you need to be staff to help O.o?
Cosplays For '10:
Harley Quinn - Batman
~~MYSTERY COSPLAY!~~

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2008, 05:08:52 pm »
I'll do it. or at least show up, see if its a good idea, then sign up for the next year. :3
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2008, 05:09:46 pm »
No you don't XD

Offline GANG//GReeN

• Bunnygirl
    • My Myspace
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2008, 05:10:51 pm »
yay then i will help! :D!
Cosplays For '10:
Harley Quinn - Batman
~~MYSTERY COSPLAY!~~

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2008, 08:02:16 pm »
After the one at MEWcon I'll be able to reflect and make improvements to the event.

@tofu: Of course it's a good idea!!

All help will be appreciated. :)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 08:03:05 pm by Cassiopeia »

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2008, 09:50:49 pm »
@cassi
well just tell us all well it goes when you get back then please explain how to sign up. :3

hmm and if I do decide to do this then I need to choose a dance and category. x_x
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2008, 06:30:55 am »
sounds interesting....now if I find a idea of what to do.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2008, 07:06:37 am »
XD
Yush we were talking about it on msn.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2008, 08:41:12 am »
@Sugarlat
not that much.  though I did help you find reversed video of the original honey dance
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

oslapedo

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2009, 02:10:16 am »
The one at Mew was totally amazing and fun and awesome. I can't wait to participate again :3

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2009, 04:09:31 pm »
The dance contest at MEWcon went pretty well. Everyone basically signed up last minute and it was a very informal thing, but I think everyone had a lot of fun. :) For Kumoricon, if we can get the info up sooner for people to sign up, the show will be better.

oslapedo

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2009, 05:38:36 pm »
Maybe the entry forms could be like the ones from cosplay chess last year, you had to either email them or postmail them back by a certain date (it was July or August I think). That way everyone would have to time to practice and stuff :D

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2009, 10:29:36 am »
I was so tired after dancing, seriously I'm out of shape
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2009, 08:24:59 pm »
I'd be interested in this if it went to kumori ^0^
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2009, 07:25:45 pm »
I'd dance again if someone wanted to dance with me like at mew con
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2009, 11:32:53 pm »
So is this panel a definite go? I think I might be interested in participating... at least if I can find a few others to learn a dance with me. I don't go solo when it comes to performances lol >///<
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline yukipo

• Oni
    • If you know what iM@S is... Join!
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2009, 12:59:19 pm »
I'm confused.. Is this actually going to happen!? And at what convention? (Because I saw people mentioning other ones in this thread, so I'm a bit liek "lolwut")
Anyway, if it's going to happen, I'd most definitely do a dance from one of my beloved music games. :3

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2009, 03:16:34 pm »
Yes, it's happening, and at this convention. I still need to get the forms up. xλx`

Offline yukipo

• Oni
    • If you know what iM@S is... Join!
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2009, 04:03:06 pm »
Oh. Sweet. I'll definitely do it then.
(With a group of my friends if possible) but, if not, then I'll do it alone.

/epic bravery

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2009, 05:35:44 pm »
http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=10498.0

There's all the info about the dance contest. :D