Author Topic: 2008 March 16th GM Minutes  (Read 12280 times)

Offline staze

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://www.staze.org/
2008 March 16th GM Minutes
« on: March 16, 2008, 11:24:51 pm »
General Meeting of Kumoricon members was called to order at 1:52 PM on Sunday, March 16, 2008 at Borderlands Games in Salem, Oregon.  Convention Chair/President Michael P. Andrews presided.

Twenty-five voting members (staff) present.  Fifty-five staff members registered.  Quorum was declared.

Reports:

Jaki: Programming
Jaki reported that some panel forms have been received.  We need gaming staff and cosplay staff.  Art show may return this year.  Rules and registration for cosplay should be up soon.  A draft of the schedule will hopefully be available in May.
   Con Mini-event will be held May 10 PSU 12-9, including games, karaoke, and other awesome stuff.
   The Swing Dance mini-event will be held July 19.  Dress code to come.

Eric: Treasurer
Eric is working with Brownie on Staff Retreat coming up April 25-27.  Cooking and cleaning volunteers are needed.  All staff attending needs to volunteer for some task.  Equipment “toters” are also needed.

Dawn: Vice
Facilities work has been done in past month.  Mostly doing hotels.  And more hotels.
   Generic business cards are available.  Flyers are not.  Well, Dawn has them, but they aren’t here.

Jo: Assistant Secretary
Secretary has no report.

Jeff: Publicity
Presentation Signs (non-year specific) are being designed.  There will be a 3’x6’ scroll-up and a 5’x7’ hop-up banner for display.  Banners will have inserts for placement of annual mascot.  Artwork was done by Jennifer.  Street-team hand-outs are nearly ready and will be available on the website soon.  The mascot contest for 2009 will launching early April; rules will be available in forums upon launch.  General info will also be up within a week.  We need volunteers to assist Mike with website maintenance.  Other volunteers still needed.  See Jeff.

Nate: Assistant Relations
Relations is still in need of at least 12 people; please contact in person or via website.  Donations and advertising have been received.  Seeking to procure Dark Horse Comics as convention sponsor.

Steve:  Assistant Operations
We are working on policy-book.  Drafts in progress.  First tier badges should be in mail soon.  Yojimbo applications are being accepted for review.

Andrew: Registration Manager
Staff badges will be vertical with border, and image added as requested by individual staff.  Image must work with either white or black text over.  Con appropriate images only, please.  The resolution needed will be posted on forum.

Michael: Chair
He is finalizing details of Sakuracon adventure.  We are providing several pieces of tech and assistance with content.  Those involved will be departing Thursday. 
Silk screening of tee shirts is getting ready so we can make staff tee shirts, especially for use during outreach.  Need box for making the silk-screen negative image.
Outreach last weekend in Klamath Falls went very well.  We learned that we will probably not need as much equipment for future outreach events as we took for this one.  On the other hand, we could use some more swag.  About 50 people attended.  Next year should be larger.
An Outreach Coordinator is needed to liaise with campus clubs.  Outreach is lots of fun, but we’re doing a lot of it, so we need more volunteers.  “Dub” room wasn’t used, so we maybe should replace with AMV room.  We should also get academic calendars from campus coordinators to help plan best timing.
Guest announcement: Phil and Kaja Folgio will be coming (Girl Genius, Buck Godot, etc.).

Guy - AMV news:
The Slants have info up at their website about an AMV contest.  Grand Prize winner will go on their DVD (licensing of video source to be secure by the band).

Unfinished Business:

Remote Voting – In lieu of further discussion on the remote voting (see minutes of February 10 General Meeting), it was moved and seconded that remote votes not be accepted until a procedure for verification is in place.  Motion carried.

Moved and seconded to ratify the minutes.  Motion carried.

New Business:

No new business.

Good of the Order:

A procedure was requested for presenting motions for discussion prior to meetings in order to speed meetings up.  Jo (as Parliamentarian) explained that all motions and resolutions must be discussed on the floor of the meeting.  However, it is very welcome for a motion to be circulated and discussed prior to a meeting.  If a motion is presented in writing with at least two signatures at the bottom, it is then a resolution that does not require a second – but it still must be discussed on the floor.

Next meeting would have been May 10, but that is a mini-event date, so we will meet on May 11.

Meeting adjourned at 2:36 PM.  Breakout meetings and video games followed.

Respectfully submitted,
K Jo Ayers

-Staze
Founding Member, Altonimbus Entertainment
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Re: 2008 March 16th GM Minutes
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 05:03:13 pm »
Skype was successfully set up this meeting. Was it recorded to mp3?
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 06:11:20 pm »
wow uh may 11th for the next meeting ???
...my younger brothers birthday.....and not to mention MOTHERSDAY.....hmmmm
thats awesome
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 12:02:25 pm »
Yeah, it's more than likely that a lot of us will be with our mother's on Mother's Day.  I got it double bad, because my mom's birthday is on the 12th.

What is the event on May 10th?  The only thing I see on the calendar is the original meeting date.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 12:14:57 pm »
Weird, it's like... people are trying to get fewer people to show up at these events.

The June meeting will be on a Tuesday, at the city library in Spokane Washington.

The July Meeting will be held on graduation day on a Greyhound bus halfway to Coos Bay.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 02:22:59 pm »
I'm pretty sure we are going to be coming up with an alternate date for the May meeting.. when I first suggested the 11th, I thought Mother's Day was the following weekend.  Give us alittle time to work something out... with Sakuracon coming up in the next couple of weeks, alot of us are distracted :P

May 10th will be Kumoricon Lite - a mini-con event we are doing with the PSU Anime Club and the gaming club, Random Select.  I should have info posted this week, and then Jeff can get it posted on the website portion.
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 03:34:45 pm »
Mother's day is on the 11th?  and a minievent on the 10th, and my birthday on the 13th of May! What a full week!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 03:43:51 pm »
Mother's day is on the 11th?  and a minievent on the 10th, and my birthday on the 13th of May! What a full week!

I sense a great deal of partying.
I shall plan a party for the 12th to fill in the gaps! A LAZY MONDAY PARTY!
Hmmm... perhaps it shall be so lazy that it is actually just online. :o
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 08:20:29 pm »

cake time!
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 09:15:18 pm »
Weird, it's like... people are trying to get fewer people to show up at these events.

The June meeting will be on a Tuesday, at the city library in Spokane Washington.

The July Meeting will be held on graduation day on a Greyhound bus halfway to Coos Bay.

LOL @ TOM
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 05:25:09 pm »
I can go if on a Sunday, keep us posted :)

Now if it were up to me, I'd move the mini-con to the following Sunday, and have the meeting there :)
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline staze

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://www.staze.org/
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2008, 09:26:23 pm »
Now if it were up to me, I'd move the mini-con to the following Sunday, and have the meeting there :)

We don't want to have to do the meeting/mini-con like in August of last year, where we had to force people to quit having fun to come to a meeting. We'd prefer to just do two separate events, where one is just fun, and the other is a meeting (yes, I'm implying that meetings are neither/both fun, and work).

Plus, we have to work within PSU's schedule for the time of said Mini-con.

Thanks Rem!
-Staze
Founding Member, Altonimbus Entertainment
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"

Offline JeniOctavia

• Cabbit
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2008, 05:38:32 pm »
Who do we need to talk to about voulneteering for the staff retreat cooking/cleaning? I'm a trained chef and my friend says she can 'chop things that aren't her fingers'. XD I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2008, 07:58:09 am »
I think that thread is in the general staff forum
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline JeniOctavia