Author Topic: Kumoricon Cosplay RPG Budokai  (Read 3714 times)

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
Kumoricon Cosplay RPG Budokai
« on: March 14, 2008, 12:29:58 am »
I'm thinking of holding a panel to introduce my RPG battle rules. I plan to do it right after the cosplay chess is over and use their board as an arena. I'm hoping to have anywhere between 8 and 32 players.  I'm hoping to have time before the tournament to give people a quick  opportunity to learn the rules and try them out before the tournament begins.
The basic rules are simple, but a little different than the normal Tenkaichi Budokai:
Play rock-paper-scissors until 10 points are scored.
Prop weapons are optional but only one per match and they MUST qualify as props as per the convention rules. If weapons and power cards are used along with R/P/S attacks, then it becomes turn based in RPG format, where players take turns choosing attacks, starting with the female player, or if both are guys or girls, the youngest, or even more the shortest. The winner of the tournament will be the Kumoricon Cosplay Budokai Champion! Complete with belt. So what's the safe part about this tournament? How can no one get hurt and still make attacks? Just playing Rock-paper-scissors is a lot faster, but for an actual role-playing feel, the attacking player starts their attack, but freezes frame in the middle, dropping the momentum. The two play rock-paper-scissors once and play out the outcome:
Attacker wins--attacker finishes their momentum-less attack and tags the target with their fist/weapon prop, scoring 1 or 2 points
Attacker and Defender tie--defender blocks/dodges the attack and the attacker follows through with their move.
Defender wins--defender blocks the attack and counter tags the attacker for 1 point. So really no one is swinging fists/weapons around, merely tapping each other if they hit.

So, anyone interested in learning or playing in this tournament?
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
Re: Kumoricon Cosplay RPG Budokai
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 09:35:35 pm »
If there aren't enough people for a tournament, then there will be just a demo of the game and discussion of the next day's skit event. :-\

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 08:55:38 pm »
the rules of the Budokai are the same but the skit has changed. The winner of the budokai will be rewarded with a check of 10,000 zenie, the champion's belt and a chance to make a wish to the dragon. The search is unable to work, because the skit time allowed is between 3-5 min. The runner up for the budokai will recieve a check of 5,000 zenie and a big bag of senzu beans. :)

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 11:13:09 pm »
Depending on who I can get for the skit, this will either be a Dragonball Z or Dragonball GT themed Budokai, as far as character appearance is concerned. There is no charge for the tournament, but I called off the search, because there was no time for the summoning, and the fact that people won't be "battling" in the hallways for the dragon balls. Which also is a little unsafe anyway since the halls will be crowded with all kinds of people. Though that shouldn't stop anyone from taking the game and rules to other places and just playing for fun. Just the weapons rule should be used with care. Best used in your back yard or in a non-threatening area. You can even make your own power cards to take home and use with your friends.

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 02:29:30 am »
 :P *sigh* lemonade for sale.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 02:46:07 am by TurboSaiyanJason »

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 10:20:56 pm »
Apparently I haven't gotten the reason why this is looking like it won't work. Could someone give me a hand with that? ??? :-\ Maybe I should move it.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 12:43:48 pm by TurboSaiyanJason »

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 02:29:56 pm »
Randomly popping in, but it may be because not many people cosplay DBZ. Other than that, I have no idea. I think it sounds fun, but I'd be too busy doing other things to be in it. Sorry. ^^;
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 01:26:21 am »
Actually, DBZ cosplay isn't required. It's actually open to anyone who wants to enter and play against others.  Where they can possibly use their characters' powers while still fighting on an even playing field.