Author Topic: Yaoi/yuri party  (Read 295588 times)

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
Re: Yaoi/yuri party
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2008, 12:27:48 pm »
wait what happend at Sakura con?

When anime started to get really popular more and more parents  started bringing theyre small children.

Once they saw that the majority if anime is really not 'child friendly" they got all offended  and rather than saying 'oh this is not for me' They threw tantrums and demand Sakura con MAKE it for them.

For some reason SC decided to placate the parents. Now we have a 'family friendly' "anime convention"

SC is the only convention that puts such a huge emphasis on family friendly.

Its likely this happened due to WA states heavy ' Father knows best' policies but Oregon isnt too far away. I worry that  the same parents will try to take it over too.
All they need is to hear are the words 'All ages" and "yaoi/yuri  party", maybe even just 'party' and its all over.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 12:29:35 pm by ThiefKingsHier »

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2008, 09:15:49 pm »
The only problem that I can possibly foresee with a yaoi/yuri pj party is the whole under-aged thing. Not that we'll actually do anything, just like in the photo shoots, but I can definitely see people worrying about that. Not to rain on your parade or anything! Just something to think about. ^^;

Ehe, I just thought it was a given that it would 18 +  Sure people at the con wont care ( Majority at least) but there always a few of those people would see it and snitch on K-con. The LAST thing I want is for Kumori con to end up like Sakura con and if I were part of it well Id just have to commit seppukku.

See, most people who have posted in this topic are under 18, myself included. : P

And Kcon is technically a family-friendly con. They just make sure to make all the more-adult-themed events after curfew or not officially con events. From what I understand at least. So I still think a pj party before curfew may be possible. We could have it at 9 or 10pm or something. ^^
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2008, 10:14:17 pm »
hahah the person that started this topic is 15 that is  is obviously on over 18...haha
Next con: Kumori-con

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2008, 10:19:18 pm »
The only problem that I can possibly foresee with a yaoi/yuri pj party is the whole under-aged thing. Not that we'll actually do anything, just like in the photo shoots, but I can definitely see people worrying about that. Not to rain on your parade or anything! Just something to think about. ^^;

Ehe, I just thought it was a given that it would 18 +  Sure people at the con wont care ( Majority at least) but there always a few of those people would see it and snitch on K-con. The LAST thing I want is for Kumori con to end up like Sakura con and if I were part of it well Id just have to commit seppukku.

See, most people who have posted in this topic are under 18, myself included. : P

And Kcon is technically a family-friendly con. They just make sure to make all the more-adult-themed events after curfew or not officially con events. From what I understand at least. So I still think a pj party before curfew may be possible. We could have it at 9 or 10pm or something. ^^
Yeah, that sounds good.... I don't see why those parents should freak out!!!D: Oh well, it's reasonable I guess... but the sleepover would just be messing around so it shouldn't be too big a problem.

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2008, 10:32:18 pm »
Yea, that sounds good, XD
I'm so excited about it!
HA HA,! yea, Megan's gray....yea...anyways, the topic changed from yaoi to a slumber party.

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2008, 08:26:32 pm »
Talk with the Director of Programming. He might have some idea. I've had some conversations with him about the dance contest I'm thinking of holding. He's really helpfull!

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2008, 08:54:48 pm »
"She" thinks this is fine idea.. we've had slumber party type events before with the Sailor Moon slumber party.  If you are interested in making this an official event, come up with some guidelines for it, fill out a panel/event form and send it to me at programming@kumoricon.org.

We are also a family-friendly convention, but I firmly believe you can have "yaoi" and "yuri" and still be so.  And considering that you are looking at pre-curfew for under 18's, I think the strongest you're looking at is shounen-ai and shoujo-ai... but we can work something out ;)
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline Kirakins

• Sailor Scout
    • My Myspace
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2008, 09:52:45 pm »
If there are no other volunteers, I can try to head up sending this to the "powers that be".

I think that I would prefer it be 18+ since I'm 20, will be 21, by the con. I am not saying I'd try to put the moves on anyone (I have a boyfriend), but I would especially not want to be suspected of being some.. creepy person that likes under-agers. Maybe I'm just paranoid. I think I like the idea of if it is an event open to under-agers, it'd be Shounen-ai, Shoujo-ai. ^_^

SO, now that's out of the way, any ideas for games or stuff we could do? I suggest maybe general silliness and taking pictures (Cross-series pillow fights? XD), and maybe some type of cute games, like duck-duck-goose or the pocky game (Not sure how appropriate this would be?)

ANY other suggestions? =D

Planned Cosplay '09

Roxas - Christmas Town, Cyber Punk, and Masquerade. Bringing other versions, too.
Naruto - Shippuden Naru

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2008, 10:09:17 pm »
KAGOME-KAGOME!!!
It's an old japanese childs game! It's so cute!!!
[Look up Tactics ep. 3]

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2008, 10:59:02 pm »
That sounds fun but I think it should just be 18+ after a certain time cause then us younger people wouldn't the chance to have fun. T.T Oh! you could play truth or dare in character or something... that'd be special.... (be merciful I still have a childish mind for party games. XD)

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2008, 11:04:44 pm »
OMG THATS IS AWESOME!
Invader spleen and Kirakins should come up with the stuff since she started this chat and Kirakins suggested the slumber party!

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2008, 11:08:40 pm »
XD GET ON YAHOO BELLA~!!!!

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2008, 07:43:55 am »
what?

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2008, 01:19:08 pm »
That sounds fun but I think it should just be 18+ after a certain time cause then us younger people wouldn't the chance to have fun. T.T Oh! you could play truth or dare in character or something... that'd be special.... (be merciful I still have a childish mind for party games. XD)

Thats what happens when your minor. You miss out on the fun. Now if we went around and made EVERYTHING all ages to make all the minors happy what the hell would be the point of being an adult? Nothing but growing old an responsibility,. May as well just kill ourselves before we get there.
( nothing personal, SC and pushy soccer moms have taken all the joy out of being an adult)

now that I have finished my rant

I suppose we could do that. Minors do have a curfew anyway and the rest of us could just stay later.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 01:24:51 pm by ThiefKingsHier »

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2008, 08:06:02 pm »

Thats what happens when your minor. You miss out on the fun. Now if we went around and made EVERYTHING all ages to make all the minors happy what the hell would be the point of being an adult? Nothing but growing old an responsibility,. May as well just kill ourselves before we get there.
( nothing personal, SC and pushy soccer moms have taken all the joy out of being an adult)

now that I have finished my rant

I suppose we could do that. Minors do have a curfew anyway and the rest of us could just stay later.

Yeah, that's what I had in mind. I just really wanna go though cause I started this thread. XP

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2008, 08:16:05 pm »
yea, and since I'm the best friend of the person that started the thread I wanna go too!

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2008, 08:39:47 pm »
No Bella were making it so everyone our age can go. XD

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2008, 09:58:24 pm »
YAY!!!!
that makes me happy....OH NO!
now I hav eto make Naruto's pajama's too....AHh!

Offline Kirakins

• Sailor Scout
    • My Myspace
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2008, 11:54:07 am »
Hah, I like the idea of Truth or Dare, I'm just not sure if that would get out of hand and people would disapprove... Maybe state before we play the game to keep the truth's/dare's PG-13 (IE: Can't dare so-and-so to kiss so-and-so unless it's like, on the cheek. No showing inappropriate body parts, ahem ahem XD)

Also, I kinda agree with TheifsKingHier. I think the idea I like best is starting this as all ages, then when it gets later make it 18+ that way everyone is happy =D

Oh yeah, Sugarlat, if you want to do some research (or I might, your post intrigued me :P) and post the rules for the game here, that'd be super cool! =)

This thread seems to be shaping up to be a very great idea =D Yay for Yaoi and Yuri buddies!

Planned Cosplay '09

Roxas - Christmas Town, Cyber Punk, and Masquerade. Bringing other versions, too.
Naruto - Shippuden Naru

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2008, 12:15:36 pm »
I agree with nearly everyone above. XD I do think that, after the main 'party' or what not, the 18+ people should be able to go and have their own kind of thing together without parents whining about their kids being out too late. (I'm a minor, btw, so I'm not complaining, just merely stating)

Truth or Dare WOULD be fun! ^^

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2008, 04:35:25 pm »
lol I would have one for sora.....

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2008, 07:47:02 pm »
YAY~ for making plans! Glad I didn't throw a wrench in everyone's plans. ^^; I will totally try and be there if this ends up being an official event. I also totally agree with all the lame party games we can think of! The lamer, the better in my opinion. XD;;
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2008, 07:54:27 pm »
Awesome! I was just about to suggest two parties! A main and a side maybe! Then Everyone's happy! Game rules for Kagome Kagome here!:

Kagome, kagome (かごめかごめ) is a Japanese children's game. One person is chosen as the oni (literally "demon or ogre", but translates in games as "it") and sits blindfolded (or with his eyes covered). The other people join hands and walk in circles around the oni while chanting the song for the game. When the song stops, the oni speaks aloud the name of the person behind him, and if he is correct, that person will exchange places with the oni.

Lyrics:
 Kagome Kagome Kago no naka no Tori wa
 Itsu Itsu deyaru? Yoake no ban ni
 Tsuru to kame ga subetta.
 Ushiro no shoumen daare ?

~Thanks to Wikipedia!

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2008, 08:04:41 pm »
Wow... that'd be a hard game to play. XD But sounds fun! I'm sooo glad I started this topic. lol, I'd go to this for sure. : D

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2008, 08:08:37 pm »
It's not really that hard. You just walk around in a circle around one person and sing the song. After it's done the person in the middle guess's who it is and if there right they switch. [My Version]

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2008, 08:10:38 pm »
Well the circle part is easy, but depending on how many people will be there and the chances of knowing who all is there, how do you win?! XP

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2008, 08:16:58 pm »
Um...If you guess the person right...I guess (>.0) You can play it as much as you want but it might get boring after sometime...

Offline Kirakins

• Sailor Scout
    • My Myspace
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2008, 08:23:47 pm »
I started filling out the form to make this an official event. When I get the time, I'll make a post with all the information they want (I can't straight up copy/paste the pdf file *sigh*) to make this an official event/panel. Then everyone can help me fill it out so that it will be all polished and nice before I submit it =)

Planned Cosplay '09

Naruto - Shippuden Naru

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2008, 08:34:03 pm »
>,< It shouldn't be during my Anime Dance competition!

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2008, 09:02:44 pm »
OH! I know of a GREAT Japanese game that even has a freaking AWESOME movie made after it. It's technically like Japanese tag/hide-and-go-seek, but you have to wear masks.

There are four or five taggers, all wearing different Japanese demon masks, and one main god, wearing the fox god demon's mask. The people who are able to get tagged wear fox masks. Whoever wins the game, the last one standing, gets to be the fox demon god. =o

The game is called Otokoyo, and the movie is called Kakurenbo. Here's some links for information:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489102/plotsummary

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=4485

I couldn't find much about the game, but it kind of explains it in the movie summery. =)

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2008, 09:08:54 pm »
That sounds fun! That's a good idea for a game!

Offline Kirakins

• Sailor Scout
    • My Myspace
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2008, 01:07:43 pm »
My only concern is that if we decide to have this be an actual event, we'd either need a really big room for a game of tag, or move outside or something, which could result in people going "WTF where'd the PJ party go?!". If we do hold it outside, I'm not sure if K-Con would list it as an actual event. XD I like the idea of it, I'm just stating the possibilities for problems could could arise.

Planned Cosplay '09

Naruto - Shippuden Naru

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2008, 03:09:19 pm »
lmao! yea I'll help...I don't have any events but this one so I can't wait for it.

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2008, 07:54:06 pm »
Yeah, that game sounds fun.... Doing outside would pose  a problrm. XD Wouldn't be very comfy. lol

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2008, 09:04:45 pm »
wel should do it in the lobby of the hotel and piss ppl off!!! or some where with couches....:)

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2008, 09:49:41 pm »
No, that's bad... pissing people off is a bad idea. It's stupid too....

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2008, 12:02:16 am »
No, that's bad... pissing people off is a bad idea. It's stupid too....

That is why people are skeptical about allowing minors into 'adult' events, and why some 'adults' should not be allowed either) Its all about maturity.

Seriously, pissing people off is the last thing we want to do if we intend to make this event happen.

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2008, 01:34:37 am »
I think just having a room of any size would be fine. Cuz even if people think it's an awesome idea, that doesn't mean all of them will be able to show up, especially since a lot of cool stuff happens at night. If it does end up being really crowded, then we'll know if we ever do it again to get a bigger room! ^^ Or we could maybe set it up in the same room as the yaoi/yuri activities that take place after curfew. The problem with this is if they need to set something up before hand etc etc, but it would make a bit more sense, I think. But I honestly don't know if that would work at all, as I don't know what all goes on after curfew. XP
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2008, 04:53:55 pm »
Yeah, but it should be reasonably okay... not like really small or something.

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2008, 12:43:33 pm »
OH!, wait what? so are we planing this yet?
how exactly how do you make it an event!?

Offline Kirakins

• Sailor Scout
    • My Myspace
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2008, 01:02:13 pm »
I'm trying to plan this as an actual event, I've just been crazy busy with Sakuracon planning n stuff. You fill out a Panel form thing, it's in PDF format though so I can't copy/paste the sections, so that I can get your guys advice/opinions before I submit it. You submit it to an email or through the mail, haven't gotten that far yet. But yes, it is in the planning stages!

Planned Cosplay '09

Naruto - Shippuden Naru

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2008, 11:18:41 am »
oh well I don't have any other events planned to go too, mostly just wandering around, so I'm fine with anytime, but I have this feeling it should be on the day that the Rave is not on...lol

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2008, 01:19:20 pm »
Yeah, I must go to the rave, I think that is on the first day, right? I can't remember.

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2008, 10:02:55 pm »
well, they don't have an actual schedule out yet right so it could be on any day.

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2008, 10:31:32 pm »
Yeah, but I'm pretty sure it's on the first day. cause it was last time and things like the rave are probably always the same day... but then there is the masquerade. I guess you would have to pick between which one most people would rather miss.

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2008, 10:31:47 pm »
>,< Oh noes...That reminds me. I have to plan my competition!
>,< I'm not keeping up very well....sorry.

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2008, 06:43:46 pm »
lol its All good, lol yea, I can't wait....I CAN'T BELIEVE ITS ALREADY TIME FOR SAKURA CON!!!

Offline Invader spleen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #97 on: March 28, 2008, 08:30:37 pm »
But... your Naruto... pshh... of course you believe it.

Offline Naruchan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2008, 01:12:37 am »
lol yea....
of course I do! (is starting to get annoyed with his own catch frieze.)

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2008, 09:27:08 pm »
Aren't you guy's just so funny><