Author Topic: Gantz Cosplay  (Read 1707 times)

Offline balmno

• Sailor Scout
Gantz Cosplay
« on: February 27, 2008, 08:06:58 am »
Does anyone plan to cosplay gantz? I don't think I've ever seen someone do a Gantz cosplay at Sakuracon or Kumoricon. It seems like it would be a simple cosplay, you don't really have to look like anyone in the series, because no one really survives longer than a few episodes.

I'm thinking about it, but I don't think black spandex works for me.

Offline Kahlan4

• Catgirl
    • myspace
Re: Gantz Cosplay
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 10:34:41 pm »
a friend's dad said he may do it if he gets in shape by k-con. it'd be pretty cool >.O

let's all meet at icicle inn!

Offline Kobbler

• Oni
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 10:41:35 am »
Im going to cosplay from Gantz, this is going to be the first costume I actually have to completly make myself so it will be fun. We should meet up and go for a little hunt. I hear that there was a guy who was trying to make an Advanced Gantz Suit from the manga, that would be insane to see IRL.

Do you have any idea on design of the suits? From what I can tell its

Under shirt (sleeveless with neck color)
Middle shirt which has the arms and is open around the stomach
Top Shirt that is the shoulders
Basic Pants
Over pants that got to about the shorts which the gun holsters are part of

The hardest thing I can think of is going to be the other button/gauges, Im not to sure how to do them.

Offline balmno

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 06:14:50 pm »
I have no clue where to start on that cosplay. I actually don't think I'm gonna get that ready in time for this Kumoricon. I'll probably end up going as Mugen or Spike Spiegel again. I actually saw some girl at Sakuracon in a Kei Kishimoto cosplay and it looked pretty awesome, I should have asked her how she made her costume and weapons.

Anyways, good luck on your costume.

Offline Kobbler

• Oni
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 08:50:52 am »
awww now I sad. I was looking it over and I think it can be done just modifying sports clothing IE attach the neck part to a tight fitting sports tank top, then using a long sleeve sports shirt, cut it and such to make the upper shirt, then attach then shoulders directly to it.