Author Topic: Can I make a J-rock table?_?  (Read 3057 times)

Offline vineboy33

• Cabbit
    • Oregon J-Rock fan page
Can I make a J-rock table?_?
« on: June 24, 2008, 06:07:09 pm »
Hi I was wondering if I could make a j-rock table at kumoricon?
I live in the Portland area and love j-rock. I was wondering if I could set up a table with music speakers and have a little place for flyers for the band The Slants that are playing. Also have a list of sites people could visit to get to know j-rock music. I just want to get j rock out to the Portland people and would love to be the person to do it. Please tell me who to contact or in order to get something like this started. THANX ^_^
NYAPPY

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: Can I make a J-rock table?_?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 01:31:37 am »
Hi I was wondering if I could make a j-rock table at kumoricon?
I live in the Portland area and love j-rock. I was wondering if I could set up a table with music speakers and have a little place for flyers for the band The Slants that are playing. Also have a list of sites people could visit to get to know j-rock music. I just want to get j rock out to the Portland people and would love to be the person to do it. Please tell me who to contact or in order to get something like this started. THANX ^_^

Well I can't officially speak on whether or not that'd be allowed anywhere, but I did want to let you know that both of those ideas will definitely be covered. Last year The Slants played at Kumoricon and they had their own table set up with all their info and merch. There were also at least two music booths in the vendor's hall, one of which is primarily j-rock focused, and I'm sure they will be back this year. So, I'm not discouraging you or telling you yes or no (because I really don't know), but I'm just letting you know, there will definitely be a table for The Slants and table(s) with a wealth of information and music for j-rock fans and people who want to know more about it.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 07:33:03 am »
Well....

You can't do that in the hallways, we're going to be way to crowded.
I would have said that you should try and get a table in Artist's Alley because that's where promo material belongs, but I'm pretty sure it's filled up by now.

I can't really think of a place where you could do this this year.
If you are interested in the long run then I'm sure we can find a spot for you next year.
This year though, just talk to the staff about where you could drop off some fliers. Maybe we can put them in the swag bags or set them out on the info booth.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Oniyukai

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 06:46:32 pm »
I'm not involved with the con accept as a fan at the moment. But if they are still scrambling to get panels and panelists...you could run a J-pop panel/listening session...where you can hand out your flyers to the panel attendees after you educate them about J-pop history...and you could show them J-pop music videos as part of the panel...maybe even get the slants to help.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 06:47:59 pm by Oniyukai »