Author Topic: Filk ideas  (Read 79470 times)

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Filk ideas
« on: September 09, 2004, 11:36:16 am »
Have you had any ideas for filks that you are not likely to write, but someone else might want to?

Or perhaps you'd like to spill the beans and tell us about filks you're already working on?

My donateable idea was a filk titled "Girls Just Wanna have Guns." ;)

The reason I'm not the one to write this is pretty obvious, but here's a fun factoid: did anyone know that "Girls Just Wanna have Fun" was originally written to be sung by a man?... A certain female pop star at the time came across it and wanted to sing it instead, and it became a hit.
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Filk ideas
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 02:34:46 pm »
Hmm... sounds like you're asking for a cross-play there.... I have to admit THAT would be very amusing...

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Filk ideas
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 03:36:45 pm »
Uhh... well... I don't think that would be necessary considering how many girls in the anime fandom are quite in approval of large weaponry. :P

I can't seem to remember any guy ever crossplaying a heavily armed girl... somehow, the idea kinda doubles back on itself...

I need to think up a series to parody. I need something fairly well-known so people will get the references.

Apollo Justice

Offline zenix

• Chibi
Filk ideas
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 04:07:02 pm »
a little gun smith cats anyone?

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
Filk ideas
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 05:17:38 pm »
Quote from: "Radien"
Uhh... well... I don't think that would be necessary considering how many girls in the anime fandom are quite in approval of large weaponry. :P

I can't seem to remember any guy ever crossplaying a heavily armed girl... somehow, the idea kinda doubles back on itself...

I need to think up a series to parody. I need something fairly well-known so people will get the references.

Hellsing?

~*~Member of Cannot Unsee~*~

Offline jupiter13_00

• Chibi
    • Fanarts
Filk ideas
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2004, 09:54:52 pm »
Me and Nei may be working on a filk to "Dancing Queen"...I was thinking we should do it about Nuriko from Fushigi Yuugi and call it "Drag Queen"...you know something like...

"See that guy...Watch that scene, We're diggin the Drag Queen..." I dunno... ^^;; just trying to throw stuff around for next year.
KumoriCon 2010

Did you see us? Me and my Boyfriend were the Eyesheild 21 cosplayers.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Filk ideas
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2004, 10:09:02 am »
Quote from: "jupiter13_00"
Me and Nei may be working on a filk to "Dancing Queen"...I was thinking we should do it about Nuriko from Fushigi Yuugi and call it "Drag Queen"...you know something like...

"See that guy...Watch that scene, We're diggin the Drag Queen..." I dunno... ^^;; just trying to throw stuff around for next year.

I was thinking the song "Dude looks like a lady" would work for Nuriko.   :wink:

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
Filk ideas
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2004, 11:00:11 am »
Okay, here's my answer to the "Girls just wanna have guns" challenge/idea.  (I know it wasn't really a challenge, but I decided to treat it like one anyway)..

It's not that good, so it would be nice to have some beta/feedback to make it better...

"Girls just wanna have fun, with references to Hellsing and FFX-2"
Here goes:

She comes home, before morning light
Her Master says, "Police-woman, how can you fight?"
Oh, Master, sir
I'm just the fortunate one
'Cause I've
Got a really big gun
And girls,
Just want the big ones!

As Spira turns, in an Endless Calm night
Brother says, "Yuna, this don't feel right!"
Oh, Brother, dear
You know I've gotta run!
'Cause I am the one with the guns
And girls just wanna have...
That's what they really want...
Cool guns...

When you're in a fight, and you thing that you're done-
for, girls,
They'll break out their guns
and girls,
They'll have your fight won!

Girls, they want
Wanna have guns
Girls
Gotta have...

Some boys see, a beautiful girl
And think she's easy, won't know about the world
But when that girl pulls out her shiny new gun...
Those boys,
They turn tail and run
Oh, girls
They wanna have
That's all they rally need...
a gun...

When safety ends, with the setting of the sun
Those girls
They'll be having some fun
'Cause girls
Have all of those guns

Girls
They wanna have
Wanna have guns.
Girls
Wanna have....

They just wanna,
They jsut wanna....
They just wanna,
(oh)
They just wanna....
(Girls just wanna have guns)
Oh....

Etc....The rest of the song just goes on in that vein for awhile, and I don't have time to type it all.....I got the major (3) verses in there.  Tell me what you think!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Filk ideas
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2004, 01:09:31 pm »
i wrote a trigun filk; i think it's going to be in the next issue of kumori kosmix  :oops:  :roll:  :wink:

the thing i need help with, is i occasionally have great ideas for amv's, but no technical knowledge nor equipment.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Filk ideas
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2004, 01:51:30 am »
jupiter:

I'd recommend adding a one-syllable word in front of "drag," but if you're good with lyrics, it could work! Plenty of characters fit that description, though. Why not make it cross-series? ;)

The style of the song is way too laid back, so you'd really need to play it up in order for it to work. However, after hearing "Merely a Colony Away" at the karaoke contest, I now know that it can be done.

Negima:

Unfortunately, I've heard that "Dude Looks Like a Lady" is horribly overdone in the AMV scene. :? And also, it hardly even needs to be changed to fit most anime with that kind of humor. Thus it would be hard to surprise people. And you just gotta have a good "hook" to get them laughing; about 2/3rds of the time that hook is an alteration of the title lyrics.

Here's an example of something that might catch people offguard:
Make the hook line "Dude Looks Like a Baby," and make it about Detective Conan. ;) Not a perfect example, since he's not a baby, but that's why it's just an example. (If anyone likes it, though, feel free to use it)

Hikaru Maxwell:

Hehe, that's great... unfortunately I can't remember any of the tune. :( Many of us run into that problem at karaoke: know the chorus; can't even hum the verse.

I also haven't seen Hellsing or played FFX-2... hey Rem, did you watch Hellsing?

Apollo Justice

Offline Kei-Kei

• Chibi
Filk ideas
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2004, 01:00:18 pm »
That "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" filk is awesome! I love it! Will you be doing that at Kumoricon 2005?

[size=9]"I laughed, I cried, I died; inside."[/size]

Moving into artillery.
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2004, 02:21:59 pm »
Quote from: "hikaru_maxwell"
... many girls in the anime fandom are quite in approval of large weaponry.

Hellsing?

Victoria's rifle is called a 30mm (!) but as drawn, it and the shells she handles seem more like 20mm (compare the size of her fingers to the size the shells are supposed to be.)

But this is more like getting into 'ordinance' or 'artillery' than mere rifles & side-arms.
Anybody wanna cosplay with a howitzer?

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
    • http://mistresslegato.deviantart.com
Re: Moving into artillery.
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2004, 09:28:57 am »
Quote from: "Anonymous"
... many girls in the anime fandom are quite in approval of large weaponry.

Hellsing?

Victoria's rifle is called a 30mm (!) but as drawn, it and the shells she handles seem more like 20mm (compare the size of her fingers to the size the shells are supposed to be.)

But this is more like getting into 'ordinance' or 'artillery' than mere rifles & side-arms.
Anybody wanna cosplay with a howitzer?

Maybe she's got really big fingers.  I'd take what they say over trying to compare size.  Ya know?

Plus Celes from Hellsing kicks the crap outof EVERYONE with her friggin' grenade launcher thing
Demon nurse, la la lalalalalalala, Demon Nurse . . .

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
Filk ideas
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2004, 12:40:13 pm »
Quote from: "Kei-Kei"
That "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" filk is awesome! I love it! Will you be doing that at Kumoricon 2005?

I would, but I already have plans to do "1000 words concert" with a Lenne cosplayer for Karaoke at Kumoricon 2005.  But, if anyone else wants to do it, feel free. I'd just like cred for writing it if it wins.  (urgh...I'm using weird words again...cred-->credit.  As in, this song was actually written by...insert name here..bleh)

Offline jupiter13_00

• Chibi
    • Fanarts
Filk ideas
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2004, 11:56:23 am »
I was working with some ideas and came up with this... its a first draft but ya know, thought I would share. Its called Sailor Girl to the tune of Barbie Girl by Aqua.

Luna: Hurry Sailor Moon
Sailor Moon: Oh but luna...
Luna: Transform
Sailor Moon: I don't wannna...

I'm a sailor girl
In my sailor world
Transformation
Moon power make up

Against the negaverse
fight crime in miniskirts
I protect the nations
from their in invasion

Come on moonie shake that bootie

I'm a blonde teenage girl
in a moon princess world
I stand for peace, love and justice

Between homework and food
what's a hero to do
Can't stnad lectures from my cat

I'm clutz
I'm afraid
I kick but in a miniskirt

I'm a sailor girl
In my sailor world
Transformation
Moon power make up

Against the negaverse
I protect the nations
from their in invasion

Come on Moonie shake that bootie
Ah-ah-ah-yeah
Come on Monnie shake that bootie
uu-oooh-u
Ah-ah-ah-yeah
uu-oooh-u

Its so hard to be me
with my long heshin scenes
transformation takes forever

Lots of twist and spins
please remind me again
why the monster isn't attcking

Took a bath
to relax
and DIC erased my boobs

I'm a sailor girl
In my sailor world
Transformation
Moon power make up

Against the negaverse
I protect the nations
from their in invasion

Ah-ah-ah-yeah
uu-oooh-u
Ah-ah-ah-yeah
uu-oooh-u

I'm a sailor girl
In my sailor world
Transformation
Moon power make up

Against the negaverse
I protect the nations
from their in invasion

Ah-ah-ah-yeah
uu-oooh-u
Ah-ah-ah-yeah
uu-oooh-u

Sailor Moon: Oh this is to hard!
Luna: It's your destiny
Sailor Moon: Shut up Luna!

Still needs some work I think. But it's a start.
KumoriCon 2010

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
Re: Moving into artillery.
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2004, 10:31:10 pm »
Quote from: "MistressLegato"

Plus Celes from Hellsing kicks the crap outof EVERYONE with her friggin' grenade launcher thing

But could she beat Celes from FFVI?

*cough* Yeah, sorry...

Anyway, I had a sort of filk I did a while ago, but it needs reworking and it's rather depressing. It's "One Month" to the tune of "One Week", and it's about the end of Digimon 02 (actually about all of Adventure, but...)

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Filk ideas
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2004, 01:48:30 am »
jupiter:

LOL!! That's awesome!! Hilarious! :)

Blackjack:

Beth actually wrote a filk to that tune which she was considering performing at Karaoke but she didn't get the chance, unless she did it using Karaoke Revolution (One Week is on the song list). The lyrics were in reference to convention staff and our horrible procrastination problem.

"It's... 3 days 'til Kumori Con..."

Apollo Justice

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
Filk ideas
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2004, 09:17:54 am »
Jupiter13_00:

That's really funny!  When you get the revisions done, please post them!  (I want to sing your song at the Karaoke my school is having...)

Offline jupiter13_00

• Chibi
    • Fanarts
Filk ideas
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2004, 09:43:51 am »
^_^; Yeah... I'm messing with it. Would you believe it came to me from the lack of sleep. Here's something I throwing out for people. You know that song Blame Canada...There needs to be a Blame Anime.
KumoriCon 2010

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Filk ideas
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2004, 03:49:44 pm »
if there's enough momentum, perhpaps there could be an all-filk showcase as as subset at the karaoke stage? or a little all-filk issue of our 'zine (which is autonomous from the con)?

the sailor world one would be fun to see folks cosplay as it was sung :)

i would also love to see filks turned into amv's :P
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
Filk ideas
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2004, 05:44:30 pm »
So definitely! We need to get people to sing the filks, and make mp3s that can be turned into amvs.  Great Idea, RemSevarem.

I'd be willing to attempt to sing the filk I wrote, and record it...

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Filk ideas
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2004, 05:59:44 pm »
i would love to see amv's, and or cosplays, for filkaeris's gems, midgar boogie and the ninja centerfold or whatever that one was called :)

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
Filk ideas
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2004, 11:58:34 pm »
Well, actually, I've been told that the MP3 of "Midgar Booty" is being turned into an AMV.  I hope it turns out well.  (Personally, I always thought that particular song would work better as a music video, due to general shortage of in-game footage.)

No MP3 for "The Mambo no Jutsu" yet, though.  I'm working on it.  -_-*

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Filk ideas
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2004, 02:13:21 am »
Quote from: "RemSaverem"
if there's enough momentum, perhpaps there could be an all-filk showcase as as subset at the karaoke stage?

I would have liked very much to do that this year, but as FilkAeris was the only precedent for live filk performance until I attempted to encourage it, I couldn't guarantee a certain number of entries. As it stood, I got about as many as I'd expected: three full-length, rehearsed songs.

Not everyone was aware of this, but as far as competition was concerned, filk was one step away from being its own event, anyway. Since filk songs were only eligible for the filk prize, the only way filk entries affected the other performers was counting towards the entry cap (which was, however, an issue), and the fact that they performed within the actual karaoke show.

Perhaps if we can guarantee... oh... let's say five solidified filk entries, the next karaoke coordinator can consider a 30-minute showcase as a truly standalone event. :)

Apollo Justice

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
Filk ideas
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2004, 04:29:55 pm »
Wai!  If they do that, then I can do my filk and the karaoke!  That would be great!  Count me in!  (I'd do it just to make sure you could have your cap, not even expecting to win, with my ~written in 30 minutes~ filk.)

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Filk ideas
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2004, 04:48:25 pm »
Well, that all depends on what kind of interest we attract... Interest --> people --> newer/bigger events --> rawk

You'd be able to enter both just so long as doing so didn't cause some kind of conflict which would cause it to be not allowed in the rules, the only one of which I can think of is event capacity.

Apollo Justice

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
Filk ideas
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2004, 04:51:47 pm »
Yeah.  If I was forced to choose, I'd do the Karaoke, just because I've been working on the costume and the song for almost....2 1/2 weeks now, and I've already talked to a Lenne about it.....

Otherwise, I'd do the filk....

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Filk ideas
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2004, 10:23:54 pm »
It's a bit early to be making plans like that, considering we haven't even worked out programming coordinators yet. ;) Ignore the titles; that's all left over from last year... although I'm definitely still going to be in programming if I remain staff.

I do understand, though, that you need to plan your costumes ahead greatly in advance... but it really isn't possible for us to give you info this early in the year if you're starting your costume now...

Gee, maybe I should follow your example and get back to finishing my own costume which was supposed to be tentatively complete at Sakura Con this year. :roll: If I get Sailor Naboo and Brownie (2004 assistant chair; you don't see her here often) to join me in starting a costuming party, maybe that'll happen.

Apollo Justice

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Filk ideas
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2004, 07:50:47 am »
if only i could find someone to teach me how to sew, i'd be all over a costuming party. meantime i'm definitely in favor of there being a separate filk category/event. and perhaps the reason you haven't yet reached your numbers is that you were looking in the wrong place. not all your filkers will come to you from karaoke performers! there seem to be a growing number within our fanfic community :)

and ooh, AJ, i can't wait to see the amv! who's doing it?

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Filk ideas
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2004, 10:53:05 am »
You haven't learned to sew?  Who made your Tuxedo Mask costume? Or was it pieced together?

Coming to a costuming party could be a good thing. Brownie has taught sewing classes and specializes in kicking in the pants. :) (meaning, motivation)

Well, I wasn't trying to draw filkers out of karaoke performers so much as draw them to karaoke performance... to make them feel welcome. I'm sure filking fits in quite well in the "cafe" style right alongside poems, within your environment. If you want to work together with karaoke in the future, that could be a possibility.

Apollo Justice

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
Filk ideas
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2004, 05:56:22 pm »
Yeah, i'd love to do a costuming party....I have so many costumes to make for next year.  I just decided to do Tohru from Furuba in addition to everything else....;_;  I am going to have no free time for the next...six months?

Oh, well.  I can sew and learn songs at the same time. so the karaoke won't suffer.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Filk ideas
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2004, 06:41:48 pm »
costuming party?  whats that exactly?
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Filk ideas
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2004, 01:20:29 pm »
It would be where everybody gets together, preferably with multiple sewing machines, and makes their costumes together. Since most of us are horrible procrastinators during the year, this is a good way to make sure we set aside some time for it earlier than two weeks before the con.

Apollo Justice

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
Filk ideas
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2004, 02:53:22 pm »
Oh yeah!  I remember that.  For Sakura-con 03, I got together with my best to make my cos 3 days before the con.  Subsequently, my costume was horrible.

But for some reason, hers turned out okay, even though we finished it *at* the con.  :?:

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
Filk ideas
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2004, 03:20:56 pm »
join the long hair ninja's of na today
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
Filk ideas
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2004, 07:47:14 pm »
Right, so I came up with this in about half an hour after being suddenly inspired.  Rip it apart as you see fit, and hopefully it'll reassemble in better form than before.  ^_^

Fandom: Naruto (Sakura singing re: Sasuke)
Original Song:  "Short Skirt, Long Jacket" by Cake

d*mn bucket
a naruto filk by filkaeris

---------------------

I know a guy with a heart full of grudges
Who half the village wants in bed
I know a guy with ninja skills
And eyes that turn to wheels of red

I know a guy who ignores conversation
Who's tough and dang'rous
And gorgeous as sin
He is playing with the fire
He is in over his head
And recently his sanity's
Begun to wear thin

Next thing I know, he's a sound-nin in a damn /bucket/......

I knew a guy who longed for power
I knew a guy who trained all day
I knew a guy with usually noble priorities
Who fought to save his teammates as his ninja way
With Chidori to cut like lightning
And his sharingan eyes like spinning blood

He was tough, dang'rous
And gorgeous as sin
But more recently his sanity's
Been wearing real thin

Next thing I know, he's a sound-nin in a daaaaaaaamn.... daaaamn /bucket/

I'm not a girl with a flair for explosions
My ninja skills were born this plain
I've tried my best to convince him it's crazy
I've started doubting if he's even sane

He wants the power to wipe out his brother
He wants revenge for his family
He's running away to jump on the Sound boat
He's trading the leaf in for a curse seal and an eighth note

Last thing I want is a sound-nin in a daaaaaaaaamn /bucket/

Well?  Please be brutal, it'll improve more that way.  ^_^

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
Filk ideas
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2004, 06:02:40 pm »
I like the idea behind it, but the end seems.....odd.  I don't know how to explain it....but it doesn't seem to flow the way the rest of the filk does.  I don't know.  I haven't heard the original song in a really long time, so maybe the lack of flow comes from that......(the "short skirt, long jacket song).

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
Filk ideas
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2004, 12:03:36 am »
Hmm...think it's the change of focus from Sasuke to Sakura and back again?  Might be better to keep it all focused on Sasuke...

Offline acidraven

• Cabbit
    • http://
Filk ideas
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2004, 03:59:54 pm »
Hopefully now one will to upset at this but sence peole where talking about filk I would like to mention that I am looking at see how much interst people would have in posiblu have some dedicated time for open filk (Like open Kareoke)
The question is how many people would be intersted in preforming and what if any insterments do people play. I would think it would be nice to here a song completely preformed live, no haveing to worie about the kareoke mashine not edditing out the vocals like it should. Just an Idea. Ohhh and I did start a thead about this for next year if people could please post there so I have a good idea of what people would like to see.
AcidRaven AKA Chris Weber
Security and Gofor Komoricon 2004

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
Filk ideas
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2005, 11:01:19 am »
New filk....eheheh...I might sing it as Kcon 06...'cause I don't have time to finish all the costumes I wanted to make for this one...and so I definitely don't have time to make Vincent.....T.T but here it is...

Angsta’s Paradise (to the tune of Gangster’s Paradise)
written by Kumoashi | rewritten by hikaru (blitzball dreamer)

Vincent:
As I wake in a coffin after thirty years rest
I take a look at my life and realize there’s nothing left
‘cause I’ve been sleeping and scheming so long
that even Hojo thinks that my mind is gone
But I have never crossed a man that didn’t deserve it
To be treated like a lab rat used to be so unheard of
You better watch how you’re talking, and where you’re walking
Or you and your buddies might be breathing the glow
I really hate to trip but I gotta go
As they croak I see myself in the pistol smoke…fools
I’m the kind of demon all the Turks they want to be like
On my knees in the night saying prayer’s in the green light

I’ve been spending most my life sleeping in an angsta’s paradise
I’ve been spending most my life sleeping in an angsta’s paradise
Both:
We’ve been spending most our lives living in an angsta’s paradise

Cloud:
Look at the situation, they’ve got me facing
I can’t live a normal life, ‘cause my name is Cloud Strife
So I’ve gotta be down with the heroes
Too much self delusion got me hunting loons
I’m an educated man with revenge on my mind
With Jenova in my blood and a glow in my eyes
I’m a spiked out angsta Clone chasing danger
And my sword is the Buster so don’t arouse my anger…fools
Death ain’t nothing but another fight away
I’m living life do or die, what can I say?
I’m 21 never will I live to see 22
The way things are going, I don’t know

Tell me why are we, so blind to see
that the ones who hurt, are you and me

Vincent:
Jenova and the Mako, the Mako and Jenova
Minute after minute, hour after hour
Everybody’s running, but half of them ain’t looking
It’s going on in the lab, don’t wanna know what Hojo’s cooking
They say I’ve got to live, but nobody’s here to save me
If they can’t save themselves then how can they blame me?
I guess they can’t
I guess they won’t
I guess they dumb
That’s why I know my life is out of luck, fools.

Cloud:
that the ones who hurt, are you and me?
Both:
that the ones who hurt, are you and me?

Vincent:
I’ve been spending most my life, sleeping in an angsta’s paradise
Cloud:
I’ve been spending most my life, dreaming in an angsta’s paradise
Both:
We’ve been spending most our lives living in an angsta’s paradise….

Cloud:
I’m going to kill her….
Vincent:
*holds out hand to Yuffie*….my gun….now....
Yuffie:
*gives back the Death Penalty and all of Cloud's Materia*
Cloud & Vincent:
*chase yuffie offstage brandishing weapons*

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
Filk ideas
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2005, 08:44:27 pm »
*falls over laughing at the Filk Hikaru wrote*OH! That's so great! I love it! ^_^ I WILL see you sing that!

edit: Was in a hurry and spelled her name wrong... Sorry! fixed now!

Sixteen Year Kumoricon Veteran
Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
Filk ideas
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2005, 02:46:54 pm »
*points* you spelled my name wrong....and...no.  I'm gonna convince other people to sing it.  *looks hopefully at omniwarrior*

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Filk ideas
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2005, 05:32:30 pm »
Hahaha... Good job, Hikaru. ;)

I'm not really sure about improvements, since I'm not a FF7 expert (didn't really like it very much), but I would recommend that you lighten up on the ebonics when you say "angsta." I think you should say "angster" instead, because that's a REALLY funny line, and you don't want anybody to miss it. Right? ;)

Apollo Justice

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
Filk ideas
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2005, 08:47:54 am »
Hrm...you're right.  I was actually thinking about that, too.  A little.  I wasn't the original pioneer of this song, though, so I left the Angsta bit alone.....but since I changed the rest of it to fit the story better, I could change that, too.  heh.....

*sings* living in an angster's paradise....

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Filk ideas
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2005, 05:07:07 pm »
Hrm...you're right.  I was actually thinking about that, too.  A little.  I wasn't the original pioneer of this song, though, so I left the Angsta bit alone.....but since I changed the rest of it to fit the story better, I could change that, too.  heh.....

*sings* living in an angster's paradise....

Sure. Well, y'know... the difference between the two is slight. People's ears usually fill in the gaps when they hear something, but only if they know what to expect. That's why I thought it'd be good to emphasize the pronunciation.

Actually... the "er" sound is replaced with a long "ah" when localized into Japanese pronunciation. ;) So you're good either way, as long as people hear it loud and clear enough to get the joke.

Anyway, good job. I hope you're considering performing it at the karaoke contest (which is being run by Meg this year; I have yet to communicate with her to hear what she's got planned for us).

Apollo Justice

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
Filk ideas
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2005, 06:27:43 pm »
I'm considering it...but I'm already up for 1000 words, so I might con Omniwarrior (Cloud) and my friend Swerl (Vincent) into singing it for me.  More competition, but at least I'll see it performed.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Filk ideas
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2005, 01:23:30 am »
I'm considering it...but I'm already up for 1000 words, so I might con Omniwarrior (Cloud) and my friend Swerl (Vincent) into singing it for me.  More competition, but at least I'll see it performed.

Hey, I've met OmniWarrior. If you've gotten yourself a Vincent as well, it'd be perfect. ;) Although, I guess you've got a point; you'd need the pair in costume to do it justice when performed live. I'd say go for it... but be sure to check up on the filk category rules (and I darn well hope they continue having the filk category).

Apollo Justice

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
Filk ideas
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2005, 11:47:44 am »
Yes, of course.  I really need to get ahold of Omniwarrior soon, so I can ask him, but Skwerl (left off the K in her SN before) already said she likes it....so heh! I'll get them up onstage singing it yet!  (and maybe sometime next year I'll do another filk.  I'm kinda playing around with one about Mokona from "Magic Knight Rayearth"....but the song is pretty short.....

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Filk ideas
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2005, 09:39:04 pm »
I'm considering putting one of my filks up here but I'm not sure.  I've only shown one of my filks to one person over the net.

I also have a lot of unfinished ideas or just one or two lyrics.  It's one of those feelings where you would like feedback but a little worried about what kind of feedback you'll get.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
Filk ideas
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2005, 10:44:35 pm »
Well hey, Negima, don't worry; we won't bite. :)

If you're hesitant about posting your lyrics in public because you want to either keep it a secret, or make sure nobody copies you inadvertently (or on purpose), then that's understandable. I've been debating whether to post my latest filk, or keep it secret until I perform it...

...There's yet another option, though. You could join the KumoriCon fanfic mailing list and ask for feedback there. They do filks. :)

Apollo Justice