Author Topic: articles about fanfic?  (Read 21284 times)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
articles about fanfic?
« on: April 13, 2005, 03:25:32 pm »
antonia levi, phd, professor at portland state university, was one of the keynote speakers at kumoricon 2004. she's brilliant, and friendly, and published one of the first academic treatises on      : samurai from outerspace. i really enjoyed her lecture about fandoms, in which she compared scifi,      , and joss whedon fandoms (my personal favorite: buffy, angel & firefly).

she had been impressed with how innovative the fanfic bedtime stories premise was, and how well it was received at our grand debut, at last year's kcon. within 24 hours of the event's expansion at sakuracon, word had reached her about it (and not from me!). and she wrote to me suggesting that i compose and publish actual professional academic articles on the spread of the innovation.

if i pursue this (and i do have some academic writing in my background and have been published on occasion):

(a) who might be willing to be interviewed in it?
        ------note: there probably are some legalities about quoting minors???? anyone know the logistics of this????

(b) who might be willing to have their fanfics excerpted for it?
         ------ditto about minors

(c) anyone have any pix from either of the ff bedtime stories events?

thanks!
love
ellen.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
articles about fanfic?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 04:58:28 pm »
I would be more than willing, and I have pictures of both (but need to get them developed)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
articles about fanfic?
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 05:40:08 pm »
cool
it'll probably be around a month before i'm up to tackling this.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
articles about fanfic?
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 05:26:14 pm »
From what I can remember from my Law class last year, you don't need parental conesnt to have a minor quoted in a paper. Now, if a parent DOESN'T want a minor quoted, then that's a different story. But, I'm also positive, that a minor doesn't need parental consent. When news channels interview students live. There are no parents there. I think it's if you are over the age of 16, you really can make your own decisions if you want to be quoted in a paper.

And Ellen, I'd love to help you out. No pictures! Sorry!! I didn't bring my camera to Sakura-Con Bedtime Stories.

Sixteen Year Kumoricon Veteran
Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
articles about fanfic?
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 08:07:30 pm »
I got some good group shots of the Sakuracon FFBS, that you took, Ellen.

I could send them to you via e-mail if ya need them. :D

I forgot to take my digicam to the last K-con though. :(

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
articles about fanfic?
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2005, 12:06:08 pm »
yes dustin please email to rem_saverem_was_right@yahoo.com