Author Topic: Unofficial AMV Show  (Read 3929 times)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Unofficial AMV Show
« on: August 03, 2008, 11:05:11 pm »
So, I have been tossing this idea around for a while and it just came back to me. With the con less than a month away, I should really get it going if I wanted to have it happen. So, here's my idea: I know that a lot of people on here enjoy the art/hobby of making AMVs, and I know that almost nobody makes AMVs for the sole purpose of not having them seen by others. That's where my idea comes in.

I was thinking of hosting an unofficial AMV show in my hotel room at some point during the con weekend. There would be no screening, there would be no judging or anything of the sort. If you made an AMV and want it to be seen, all you have to do is get it to me and it will be seen. We'll probably have a laptop or dvd player which we will hook up to the tv in the room, and we'll just have AMVs playing throughout the duration (whenever the time is that we settle on).

The way it would work is you get your AMV to me, and I archive it. Pretty simple. I'd say the best way for you to get the AMVs to me would be burned to a disc and mailed to me, so as not to lose any quality with posting and downloading or anything like that. If anyone has a better idea or suggestion, though, I'm open and listening.

This is in no way, shape, or form an attempt to step on the toes of those in charge of the official AMV Contest and shows at Kumoricon; that's why this is unofficial. This is nothing more than people displaying their own AMVs for others to see. I don't see a problem with that, so I figure it could work fine and be an enjoyable time for all involved. Right? ^_^

So, does anyone like this idea? If I get enough responses to make it worthwhile, I'll start solidifying details and I will keep editing this initial post with details and information for AMV submitting. So yes, let's enjoy some AMV's!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
Re: Unofficial AMV Show
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 12:07:21 pm »
This sounds like a pretty neat idea. though yes the time is sort of short till the con. I'd love to just watch some amv's without all the judging. I personally don't make them(wish I could though).
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 07:37:58 am »
There is going to be an AMV show at Kumoricon immediately following the AMV competition. They also have scheduled an AMV "Iron chef" which I recommend you guys try - basically, bring your AMV making computers to the convention and make an AMV over the weekend of the con.  :D

I believe there also may be some other AMV related panels and suchlike scheduled, including AMV swaps (bunch of computers networked together to share and view AMVs). The AMV contest coordinator will be showing AMVs SOMEWHERE during most of Kumoricon... keep your eyes open.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 07:43:14 am »
Ah, I wasn't aware there were so many AMV events going on this year. That's awesome and good to know about. Thanks for that info, Runa. With so much going on in the AMV field, this little event of mine is pretty unnecessary (and it is pretty short notice), so this idea/post could probably just fade into the archives now....... ;)

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
    • http://www.pierow.com/
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 03:30:18 pm »
You don't have to make it an elaborate event or anything, but if you still want to hang out in one of the rooms or hotel rooms, set up a showing of AMVs for a couple hours, you totally could. Just hang a sign outside your door or something "Come show off your AMVs! Come enjoy the show!" or something like that. Depending on when it was, I'd totally come. :)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 03:36:29 pm »
Alright, well I'll probably end up doing it to some degree. If people happen to have their AMV's on them, they are welcome to bring them, otherwise I will probably just start off with those of my friends and I and work our way outward, so to speak. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 12:00:22 pm »
I'd love to be part of this, so if you do go through with it, drop me a line on the forums, if you could. ^^

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 12:08:35 pm »
Okay, for sure. I'll think up a day once the schedule comes out and let you (and anyone else) know when, and hopefully I'll have internet access at the hotel so I can say where my room is once I find out, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!