Author Topic: Help if you can  (Read 1778 times)

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
Help if you can
« on: January 24, 2008, 09:40:12 pm »
Ok so I'm doing a presentation on Cosplay for my Anime Club, we do about a half hour presentation on a subject pertaining to some Japanese or anime related topic before doing a showing of several anime. Back to the subject, I was wondering on how you chose a cosplay to do, or what advise you give to people who need help choosing a cosplay. And anything else you think I should mention about cosplay that isn't covered by the wikipedia article that i'm using for the base/outline for my presentation.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
Re: Help if you can
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 09:52:09 pm »
Uh, I choose the cosplay that would fit my hair length and fit my personality. ^^ My advice to anyone on what to choose is find a character you really like, then just go from there. See if your like him/her at all, and if so, just wig it!  ;D  Sorry if I help, like, on a miniscule level, but hey, I tried.  :D

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 10:50:34 pm »
Well, when I pick one, I look mainly at my body type and cost-friendliness xDD And of course my favorite character.

Though unless your character has something like their midriff showing, you really should let that stop you =D

For hair color, there's wigs... Eye color, there are contacts... (even though people won't really care much for the eyes if you put a lot of effort into your outfit ;P) And a little makeup can help, too =o

You shouldn't really put any restrictions on who you want to cosplay. Just do what you want! It's all about having fun after all, right? x3

I used to have a ton of great articles on cosplay discussion and help, buuuut.... Firfox kept deleting my bookmarks D:

Be sure to note, cosplay is a learning experience!! >DDD Or something. Well, it is DD: likelike... math in the sewing... and craftwork... and science if you want to do certain effing hard things like foldable/flabbable wings owo; Andand... There's history in it somewhere... right? RIGHT???

*scurries off into corner*

And if anyone says it's stupid and borders on obsession, just bring up the whole fact that people do similar things for sports teams and such >3>

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 03:01:40 am »
I have always geared myself towards characters that I already had a serious love for, and a pretty decent similarity to. (For example, this past year I cosplayed as Barret Wallace from FFVII:AC, and pretty much looked identical.) I keep in mind the advice people have given me in the past, but at the same time, I always have the need to do a character nobody has done, or do a character in a better way than has been done. I definitely don't want to ever fall into the pool of conventional, typical cosplayers. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline shadow_shrine

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 08:12:01 am »
uuum, the best  things to look at are the body type and personality, but also look at how much skill ir would take to make, and also the amount of skin it covers, or material you would use, to prevent overheating.... :3 (i did that last year and it was horrible @~@;;; )
a balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 10:32:03 am »
Thanks everybody