Author Topic: Gateway DDR gone or soon to be  (Read 4192 times)

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
Gateway DDR gone or soon to be
« on: January 18, 2008, 08:06:46 pm »
The DDR machine at the Gateway Wunderland is no longer listed on the Wunderland site.  This means it's either gone or will be gone soon.

This is what occurred with the Beaverton and Milwaukie machines. (they had the machine at Milwaukie sitting their with a completely false "out of order" sign on it for 2 months before they got rid of it, and removed it from their site 4 months prior to actually getting rid of it.  laharl_sama and I were able to keep it running an additional 2 months by dropping about $30 into it every week between the two of us.

This is relevant to us here for 2 reasons:
1. If people in the area actually go PLAY there, they won't be so keen on losing the machine.  It's nice to have a variety of options for playing DDR.

2. If the budget permits and the machine is on the market, Altonimbus may wish to look into purchasing the machine.  It's easily worth $8000.  Some basic repairs and it would be worth a lot more.  I'd encourage the Board to look into this immediately.  This would be immensely popular at the mini events and the con itself, and it could also be lent to Sakuracon, who lost their big arcade contact last year. (the arcade they borrowed their rhythm games from went out of business shortly before the convention)
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline kurosakiichigo666

• Chibi
Re: Gateway DDR gone or soon to be
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 11:35:28 pm »
lol leave it to you to post something like this. that sucks though. where is this place? portland? where are the good DDR spots in portland? i need to know since im moving there soon
Co-Founder and VP of Parasol Corp. Cosplay. And you just lost the game...

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 10:18:36 am »
lol leave it to you to post something like this. that sucks though. where is this place? portland? where are the good DDR spots in portland? i need to know since im moving there soon

There's Ground Kontrol which is going to be near our school but we can only go in there until 7 because it turns into a bar. Last time I went with Tofu the Extreme machine was a little meh but I heard they fixed it since then. There's also the ITG machine at the Loyd center and the DDR machine at the Avalon, I think you could deal with the fact that the place smells like ass to play DDR. I think Tofu also told me that there is a SuperNOVA machine at the Clakamas Town Center. In any case you can just go to DDRfreak.com and look at the machine locations in Oregon and they'll say where all the ones are in town.
Mostly I'm crossing my fingers, even though I know it's probably a long shot for anyone in Oregon, that there will be a SuperNOVA 2 machine in playing distance when I move to Portland. It's a better chance then getting one in hicktown Central Oregon right?
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline kurosakiichigo666

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 12:27:23 am »
 :'(Supernova in Clackamas? AWESOME! I'll be in Clackamas so it'll be easy to get to. This move is gonna be frickin' epic. The first year will be really tough without Amy though...now I'm sad... :'(
Co-Founder and VP of Parasol Corp. Cosplay. And you just lost the game...

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 07:42:31 pm »
The SuperNOVA2 is in Beaverton.

It's pretty much ass.

Just play Extreme.  Way better mix, way better machine.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>