Author Topic: Next Years Con, Going? As who?  (Read 40573 times)

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Next Years Con, Going? As who?
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2004, 09:51:44 pm »
for Kumori 05, its hard to say...I'm not looking that far ahead...only looking up til sakura 05.  As it is, I like to finish my Haku costume, do Neji, maybe do the kimono Haku, and then Yarichuu likes to do the demon brothers with me.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline Zhalfirin

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.facebook.com/jephraux
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2004, 09:55:04 pm »
I've always wanted to see the demon brothers done and was thinking about it myself but then i got a few requests for kabuto(guess he's rarely done?) or mizuki... And a nicely done Haku is always nice to see =)
"Yojimbo - Grown in the lush hills of Columbia. And with that sweet mahogany flavor, you know it's good!"

Offline MikeJ1592

• Cabbit
definately going to Kumoricon next year
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2004, 09:58:28 pm »
I hope I can somehow pull a costume out of my, ummm yeah, and have the courage to wear it in public.  

A few of my favorite animes are Saiyuki and Inuyasha and a few new manga favs, but I was thinking since there were so many main character Inuyashas, I thought it would rock to go as Sesshoumaru.  But being a n00b I think that is a really complex cos and that furry thing that goes around his one arm, what would I make it out of.  A simpler cos from another fav of mine Genjyo Sanzo from Saiyuki would be cool too, and alot simpler to make if I had to make it all myself.  It would give me something constructive to do in my free time inbetween work, keeping my car running, anime, manga, forum surfing, searching for new manga and anime, oh and sleep I always forget about sleeping.  

Mike J

**who needs sleep in Oregon when theres a Starbucks every 100 feet**

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2004, 10:00:08 pm »
finishing my Haku costume should be simple enough.  its mainly just getting a headband and the hairstyle(yes, I was the green Haku with no headband).   Since I have no where near long enough hair(and I like my hair rather short), I'll have to look around for wigs(I like try to see if I can get one that would work for multiple cosplays).  If I can't find one anywhere and I can get the money I'll try one from katie blair's website.

Offline Nightblayde

• Sailor Scout
    • http://angelfire.com/rpg2/nightblayde
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2004, 10:46:32 pm »
I can't wait for next year. as for what i want to cosplay as, for the first and third day I will try for Inu Yasha. Second day I am planning to join some friends as resident evil zombies walkin around with Jill Valentine or Claire Redfield. :twisted:
BWAHAHAHAHA

Offline Hero

• Cabbit
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2004, 05:54:23 am »
Zombies I love it. I was a corpse being chewed on by a zombie once in a Call of Cthullu live action game that was great.
Sir Matthew Dewey
Hero extraordinaire

Monsters slain, damsels rescued, worlds saved,
No job to big or small.

Offline Zhalfirin

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2004, 03:59:10 pm »
Oh, I remember you Kurimono, to tell the truth didn't even realize you didn't have a headband, you had a nice Haku costume going =) And zombies...oooh man would that be awesome. I was thinking about going as Leon/Hunk/Tofu myself, but I wasn't sure
"Yojimbo - Grown in the lush hills of Columbia. And with that sweet mahogany flavor, you know it's good!"

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2004, 04:06:39 pm »
Oo I was thinking some more... and I was reminded I want to cosplay as Ririn from Saiyuki *grins*  Yah!  So I musn't forget that *writes it down in an odd place for later*
Sweet Times

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
    • http://mistresslegato.deviantart.com
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2004, 08:55:54 am »
AGH, Gensoumaden Saiyuki is my FAVOURITE anime!  I love Kazuya-sama *sigh*

It would be a lot of fun to be crossplay KenRin from Saiyuki Gaiden . .  . hmm . . . future cosplay for me!  Huzzah!  Lirin would be fun, too!
Demon nurse, la la lalalalalalala, Demon Nurse . . .

Offline Sushi_Glomper

• Cabbit
    • http://www.geocities.com/sushiglomper
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2004, 01:17:30 pm »
Well my S-con, stephie and I plan to have our dirty pair costumes perfected  

http://caspar.homelinux.org/conventions/grab_image.php?id=15024&type=1&conid=19&sorter=counter&cs_start=0&ranker=13

as well as quite a few costumes made.  I am the most excited about goign as scorpion, subzero and reptille(another friend) though.  XD

I may cosplay atehena and a female iori form marvel vs capcom

Stephie wants to go as a female spike (she's too big busted for Ed), and than myself as Faye.  So many peopel have told me that I should cosplay faye.  I may give in, but I'd liek to finish the series before deciding.
<3 Sushi G

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2004, 02:14:53 pm »
Oh, I remember you Kurimono, to tell the truth didn't even realize you didn't have a headband, you had a nice Haku costume going =)
 Thanks for the compliment ^_^!  Overall, I'm really happy how the clothes came together, but I felt like I was being overshadowed by the few other Haku cosplayers that were there.  It also felt like most people didn't realize who I was since I was lacking the headband and the hairstyle.  I could be wrong though...its my first cosplay although I think it went really well for a first time.

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2004, 02:25:23 pm »
Quote from: "Sushi_Glomper"

http://caspar.homelinux.org/conventions/grab_image.php?id=15024&type=1&conid=19&sorter=counter&cs_start=0&ranker=13

as well as quite a few costumes made.  I am the most excited about goign as scorpion, subzero and reptille(another friend) though.  XD

Stephie wants to go as a female spike (she's too big busted for Ed), and than myself as Faye.  So many peopel have told me that I should cosplay faye.  I may give in, but I'd liek to finish the series before deciding.

MWA!  I saw you both and I wanted your pics, but I got too shy!  Gah, the story of my life . . . such great costumes!!!  I'm excited to see them perfected!!!

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2004, 02:28:05 pm »
After some thought, I have decided that instead of just doing Chouji, I will try to pull another costume together aswell.

I was thinking Gluttony from FMA, since I saw some FMA cosplayers there (Including a Greed, I believe). Besides, Gluttony's costume isn't really THAT hard to pull off, but, I think I could do it.

Now, someone cosplay the rest, and thats a great photo opportunity.  :D

If I can think up a third one, I may do it, or I will just be myself for one of the days, if there is another Naruto meet up, ill be Chouji that day.

Offline Zhalfirin

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2004, 04:43:42 pm »
Ooooh, btw, if anyone has any good pics of Ryu Hayabusa from DOA 3/Ultimate in any outfit I'd appreciate it ^_^ I've gotta stick with my recurring theme(though I am doing the t-shirt "bishi catboy ninja" next year for a few hours too) and do a famous ninja or two...

Offline Sushi_Glomper

• Cabbit
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2004, 08:38:02 pm »
Quote from: "MistressLegato"

MWA!  I saw you both and I wanted your pics, but I got too shy!  Gah, the story of my life . . . such great costumes!!!  I'm excited to see them perfected!!!

thankies!!  Are you by chance the girl in your signature?  The one with the amazing costume??

---

and to ninja!  My ayane from DOA will be done for sakuracon XD
<3 Sushi G

Offline Aurora

• Chibi
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2004, 01:16:57 pm »
Just curious if anyone consider going as Chrono from Chrono Crusade?  the little boy in the back.

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2004, 02:14:12 pm »
Quote from: "Aurora"
Just curious if anyone consider going as Chrono from Chrono Crusade?  the little boy in the back.

I love Chrono Crusade.  I would be willing to go as someone from there.  ^_^ The costumes are really elaborate though x.x Me and my perfection-ness would want to do really well on them xD
Sweet Times

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2004, 05:10:41 pm »

thankies!!  Are you by chance the girl in your signature?  The one with the amazing costume??

---

*blush*  Yep!  Thas' me . . . biting my lip lookin' like a friggin MORON!  Gah . . . I had to learn that lesson the hard way.   :oops:  crap . . . I look like I'm trying to do that fishy-face thing  XD

THAT is my next cosplay to tackle!  Do you think I'd get marked down for takin' the jacket from the one, but the pants from the other?  I am NOT wearin' those @$$ shorts . . .

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2004, 09:41:56 pm »
Quote from: "Aurora"

I was considering doing Chrono from that series but thought that outfit might be a little too difficult.  I may do him sometime in the future though.

Offline Sushi_Glomper

• Cabbit
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2004, 04:19:49 pm »

---

*blush*  Yep!  Thas' me . . . biting my lip lookin' like a friggin MORON!  Gah . . . I had to learn that lesson the hard way.   :oops:  crap . . . I look like I'm trying to do that fishy-face thing  XD

THAT is my next cosplay to tackle!  Do you think I'd get marked down for takin' the jacket from the one, but the pants from the other?  I am NOT wearin' those @$$ shorts . . .

omg..I was hopign to do the same costume!!!!!!!
<3 Sushi G

Offline spindrift76

• Cabbit
    • http://
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2004, 09:53:20 am »
I am so going next year I hope to be on staff!!!
Minion of the Otaku 7

Offline Lunarae

• Cabbit
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2004, 10:29:01 pm »
Sailor Neptune; my friend Brien will be Uranus, and we might have a Saturn. He's been trying to get in contact with some people he met at this year's con to see how much we can complete the Senshi group. It's been done, but many people (his non-con-going buddies I presume) are really looking forward to him in a dress.

Oh, and we shall be attending Sakuracon as well.

P.S. That Utena getup is AWESOME!! I would be your guys' Ohtori fangirl ^_^ "Utena-samaaaaa! Kakuiiiii!!!" And no, I see no problem whatsoever with mixing the outfits; it maximizes the designs in my opinion.
SakuraCon '05 Badge Name: MyMy

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2004, 08:33:12 am »
Oh, Yay!  Working on next years cosplay, adding more to my list of next years costumes!

List so far:
Yuna (Final Fantasy X)
Songstress Yuna (Final Fantasy X-2 /for Karaoke)
Duo Maxwell (Gundam Wing Endless Waltz/for cosplay)
Sailor Venus (Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon/ also for cosplay)
Ten Ten (Suikoden 2, path to gregminster/ for the token obscurity role, the character is always seen with her sisters Rin Rin and Ran Ran.  They're wandering monsters!)
And, Dark Misato (Fully Black *no red jacket* version of Misato from Evangelion.....because I think Misato is cool.....)

Everything after the first three is new.....^_^V

~*~Member of Cannot Unsee~*~

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2004, 10:40:09 am »
gonna try for a Batou from Ghost in the shell
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline Purishira

• Cabbit
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2004, 08:23:27 pm »
Quote from: "sassy_lassy"
Hopefully I'll be going... I plan too unless something comes up.... Time will tell

But if I do go...... (and there isn't a con in between now and then)  I'll be going as Shuuichi Shindou for sure!  Now to pick which version......... *ponders*

uwah~! SHUICHI! It would be wonderful to see a Gravi cosplayer. <3

Offline Purishira

• Cabbit
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2004, 08:33:51 pm »
I'm not sure who to cosplay as yet, but I was thinking of Ai from FF:U or Mahoro from Mahoromatic. Or both, maybe! What do you think I should cosplay as...? ;_; Suggestions, please? =)

Offline Zhalfirin

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2004, 09:30:50 pm »
Do you have a pic of yourself may-haps? Might be able to help ya think up something, or atleast I'll try ^_^

Offline Purishira

• Cabbit
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2004, 07:57:14 pm »
Quote from: "Bishie_Catboy_Ninja"
Do you have a pic of yourself may-haps? Might be able to help ya think up something, or atleast I'll try ^_^

I'll try to scan a photo in soon =3

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
    • NekoPan Maid Cafe and Bakery
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2004, 10:41:11 pm »
Aha.  

Finally got it all figured out.  ^_^  Yes, I am going.  And I *can't wait* to cosplay again. ^_^

Excel from Excel Saga (I'm going as Excel, and my pallies will go as Angel Excel, Devil Excel, and "The chickie who's coughing" *I can never remember her name*)

Papillion Senshi Margarette from Papillion Rose

Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangelion

And we'll see how many of those'll finish before time runs out.  ^_^
Hikaru Maxwell suggested Garnet from FF9, but I think that's a huge task to take on my second year of cosplay....>_>  We'll see!!  

-ko

« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2004, 06:15:55 am »
XDDD

hoozah! I've finally decided on who to cosplay as. I'm going as Misha (from Pita-Ten). Getting it commissioned off the net. I might buy a Tohru outfit too... =3

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2004, 01:29:49 pm »
buy?!  I'm actually going to be making a Tohru outfit....(because I said I'd try to cosplay as her at Sakuracon.....*cries at the thought of hand sewing all that(see my previous costume list.... 8O )*  That's it....I'm buying a sewing machine!

Offline Purishira

• Cabbit
« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2004, 07:47:34 pm »
awww! well, if you make it yourself you can compete for prizes! If you buy the costume you can't do that.

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2004, 03:48:35 pm »
Yeah, the sewing machine at my school broke.....;_;.  Oh, well.  I can hand sew.  It shouldn't take me that long.  All I have to do for my Songstress Yuna is finish sewing the sleeves, and put the ruffles on the bodice.  (and buy a wig)  So, that's one costume nearly down!  And I figure if I continue with the packing tape thing on the entire Duo jacket, it will look deliberate (and become a REALLY shiny pleather jacket, so I won't have to scrap it....)

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
    • NekoPan Maid Cafe and Bakery
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2004, 08:12:17 am »
You could be like Kylite with his Duct-taped costume.  ^__^  It'd be cool!

You know those contests for all the kids in High School to make a promdress out of duct-tape?  I think that'd be a keen idea to try and make an entire costume out of it...In fact....Heeee.... :twisted:

-ko

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2004, 12:51:43 pm »
you guys should dress as long hair ninja's of na the ninja group i started for info go to spandex ninja forum
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2004, 12:56:07 pm »
Like we've said before....spandex is a priveledge, not a right.....

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2004, 11:19:34 pm »
Sorry, but I can't wear spandex.  Court's order. ^^

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2004, 09:37:39 am »
i will definelty be going but i have no idea  (okay mabe a small one) of what i'm gonna go as, yonger bro aka karl aka original link aka gau realy wants to go as redXIII from ff7, i don't know how i'd pull that off tho
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Aurora

• Chibi
« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2004, 11:53:50 pm »
Quote from: "hikaru_maxwell"
I plan on going as Duo Maxwell again, but hopefully with leather pants and a not-so-rippable jacket this time....I also hope to finish my Yuna costume, and to bring a Kurama (from YYH) costume.

Please bring the Kurama costume!  He's like my favorite character of all time!!  I tried to look for a Kurama at the con this year, but I couldn't find any. :(
Which one are you going to bring?  The school uniform or the ones he wear when he fights?  Wait, are you doing Shuiichi Kurama or Youko Kurama?  Anyway, either one's great! :P

Offline spindrift76

• Cabbit
    • http://
« Reply #89 on: November 10, 2004, 05:41:15 pm »
Iam totaly going next year :)
Minion of the Otaku 7

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2004, 09:33:22 pm »
Lets see... Hmm... I'm hoping to go as Sailor Star Maker/Taiki Kou, Sailor Uranus/Haruka Ten'ou, Duo Maxwell, Xellos Metallium (must get an evil one in there,) and maybe Taki from Soul Calibur II.

That's my list. I'm planning for Sakura as we speek. Boy howdy, Sakura is gonna cost me a lot..... x.X

Sixteen Year Kumoricon Veteran
Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2004, 11:44:00 pm »
I'm still planning on cosplaying all of the ones I mentioned before, but I'm also going to be going as Mana from Malice Mizer....because, instead of Sakuracon (sorry all, can only afford 2 cons a year), I'll be going to Otakon, in order to see Gackt live in concert....*Oh, the torture...to be that close to Gackt-sama and not be able to glomp him..... :cry: *

Offline Zhalfirin

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #92 on: November 22, 2004, 12:26:57 am »
Oooh, I'll probably be going to Otakon as well if I can muster up the money after Japan ^_^ Had no idea Gackt was going to be there =P That's greatness. Oh, and a lil update on mah costume schedule...I've added Vincent Valentine on my to do list in light of the new game Dirge of Cerberus...it seemed like a good idea. I've gotten into armor making, the whole growing my hair out thing, and the fact that I was considering dying it black...^^

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #93 on: November 22, 2004, 10:04:39 am »
Cool!  Go for it!

Offline Spit

• Sailor Scout
    • http://thebakaotaku.topcities.com
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2004, 08:08:06 pm »
WHAT GACKT!!!???!??!?! WHERE?!?!?!? lol....sry....::floats:: im happy. you should be too! woohoo!!!!! yea!!! im gunna sell my art at kumori con next year! yea! buy it or die. lol just kidding. i hope its good enough...i might sell some good stuff at the meow meow and night light bar lounge......and back space....hopefully i get to display my art at just be toys. :-D that would  be so **** cool! sry! so sry! bye!
mention this to me and watch the weather change.
--------------------------------------
Sakura-Con/Kumori-Con 08-10:
Bubble Head Nurse-100%
Zapdos-20%

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2004, 10:23:53 pm »
Ok, its confirmed I will be Akimichi Chouji.

I've gotten the bandana and shoes ready. Working on the actual costume clothes now.  :?

Offline sardonicrose

• Cabbit
« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2004, 05:26:36 pm »
If things go well, my costumes will be:

Anthy Himemiya's red cute dress (Utena)
Mistress Nine (Sailor Moon)
Pinky (Bust a Groove)
Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon)
Frida (Bust a Groove)
Sailor Pluto (Sailor Moon)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2004, 07:44:18 am »
next year projection: agent paper from read or die, with a sword coverd in dollor bills
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2004, 12:24:32 pm »
well  people look under spandex ninjas stuff has changed under it
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2004, 05:09:39 pm »
My new dream costume is to go as Link from the new 2005 Zelda game.

However, I have no way of knowing whether it will even be possible until..... oh.... I'd say a couple months past Christmas, at least.

And besides, I have to wait until the dang game is actually released, don't I? ...Well, I guess I don't, but it would be more appropriate. Plus I'd be able to get better shots of his clothing from all angles. :)
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice