Author Topic: Next Years Con, Going? As who?  (Read 39625 times)

Offline Zhalfirin

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.facebook.com/jephraux
Next Years Con, Going? As who?
« on: September 07, 2004, 09:10:17 pm »
Hellooooooo Everyone ^_^
Just wanted to see if anyone is really planning on going, or a better question...not going.
Also, who ya going as?

I myself will be going as Ken from Street Fighters, Redoing the Bishi CatBoy Ninja(By request, as well as doing Yaoi O_o), and a naruto character, though I'm really not sure as who...if anyone has a naruto character request I'm up for suggestions?I was thinking:
Mizuki,
Kabuto,
or Kakashi(cause I've got the hair ^_^)
How bout ya'll???
"Yojimbo - Grown in the lush hills of Columbia. And with that sweet mahogany flavor, you know it's good!"

Offline omniwarrior

• Sailor Scout
    • http://omniwarrior.tripod.com/
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 09:16:17 pm »
May repeat cloud with a refined costume (too many bolts just ask Zidane)
may do tuxedo mask
may crossplay
not too sure yet
Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me...so tie me up and throw me down and show me that you like me...

Offline pencil

• Sailor Scout
    • http://users.livejournal.com/_pencil_/profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 09:18:42 pm »
ill probablly just dress like normally like i did this year *though alot of people thought i was in costume*
K-con 09!
Maetel - Galaxy Express 999
Sanji - Shabondy, Regular, Okama
Mamori - EyeSheild 21 - cheerleader

possibly Allen walker?

Offline Primera

• Oni
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 09:22:08 pm »
I'll be re-doing a few details on my costume.  In addition, I've got my Aeris dress pattern dying to be used.

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 09:23:49 pm »
Ill be wearing my FMA costume again (full metal alchamest) as well as trying out walter, the butler from hellsing since everyone had to tell me i looked just like him LOL
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline Zhalfirin

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 09:33:52 pm »
Oh, I almost forgot, I'm also planning to go as the guy with the glasses and slicked back grey hair from Di Gi Charat. Your planned costumes sound great so far ^_^ Especially Topo, and Kylite...man, if you go as Mars(or Maes or something as some guy said??) you best have the boots *shakes fist* just messing, your costume was great man =)
"Yojimbo - Grown in the lush hills of Columbia. And with that sweet mahogany flavor, you know it's good!"

Offline Kei-Kei

• Chibi
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2004, 09:37:29 pm »
I'll probably wear my Naraku cosplay again. Just because I like it! Oh, and I might go as whatever I go to Sakuracon as.

[size=9]"I laughed, I cried, I died; inside."[/size]

Offline sukotto

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2004, 09:41:13 pm »
I will be there next year!

Offline Zhalfirin

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2004, 09:43:45 pm »
OOooooooooh, that reminds me, I forgot, I was also gonna as...
Who's going to SakuraCon as well? I will be going, but prolly only as Ken and the CatBoy Ninja Bish...

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2004, 09:49:01 pm »
This year I had planned on doing Chouji from Naruto, but I didn't finish the costume in time, and didn't wanna use an incomplete costume (I am stubborn like that, sue me).

So, I should have it done by the time next years Kumoricon rolls around. I most likely won't be going to Sakuracon. FAR too many people go to that, and my social anxiety won't let me.  :(

Offline zenix

• Chibi
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2004, 10:54:05 pm »
a panda is i kind find someone to make the suit or someplace i can buy it for less than 800 bucks ebay dosent have everything at least not for cheap

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2004, 11:14:02 pm »
I really want to go as

<---------

....but it's a pretty tall order (you'll understand if you've seen the full-body picture from the yet-unreleased Zelda game), so I have no idea when I'll be able to attempt it. :?

It'll also be hard as hell to make, as I'll have to learn leatherwork and commision the sword and shield (not gonna use foam after seeing that one Link's props this year). Fortunately, the game is months from even being released, so no hurry. ^^

I have no idea whether I'm going to be able to go to Sakura Con, as it's gotten quite expensive, and I will need to secure a source of funds before then in order to go. Strangely enough, though, I might be able to use my financial aid to pay for it, as they specifically pointed out that part of it is intended for "having a life," and that includes short road trips.... just not any swag. *shrugs* Oh well.

kylite:

Heyyy, didn't I sit next to you at the staff party? Cool costume, yes, but try to replace the duct tape with something else to hold it together by next year. ;)
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline Zhalfirin

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2004, 11:21:54 pm »
Heh, all us poor peeps should have a road trip get-together for kumoricon, seeing as I'm not completely sure as how I'm gonna get there cheaply myself...And it'd be fun, I'd go as far as to say scrumtrulecent. ^_^

Offline jupiter13_00

• Chibi
    • Fanarts
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2004, 11:46:34 pm »
Well I do Sai Saici at every con I go to...but I think my friends are going to make be Rage from the Gravitation manga and have me sing for their skit. Other than that...hmmm...I know I sound insane...but I want to make a trace suit.  :oops:  Yes yes, I'm a crazy G Gundam fan. :mrgreen:
KumoriCon 2010

Did you see us? Me and my Boyfriend were the Eyesheild 21 cosplayers.

Offline Kikyo_of_Oregon

• Cabbit
I'm not too sure yet...
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2004, 08:14:34 am »
I plan on going as a moogle, and i might make a dress to wear to represent the song Butterfly...and I was thinking Perhaps Meg from Hold the Onions because I met the makers of the comic this year, and that was totally awesome.

And of course, the Bishie Pimp. Its tradition, and I got sucked in. Thank you Marissa for that...
Pantsu!

~~~
Looking for previous wolfwood cosplayers. in need of help.

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
    • http://mistresslegato.deviantart.com
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2004, 08:46:10 am »
I'm ALL fired up!  Losing only makes me want to win even MORE!  I think I will go as Nataku the first day so people remember who the heck I am, then I would REALLY like to dress as "boy-type" Utena from the movie.  With the hat and all of that . . . never had pink hair before, so that'll be interesting!  But somebody had better be another Utena charrie so we can duel it out on stage and maybe win something this time around!

I won't lose!!!!!   :twisted:
Demon nurse, la la lalalalalalala, Demon Nurse . . .

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2004, 08:55:29 am »
I plan on going as Duo Maxwell again, but hopefully with leather pants and a not-so-rippable jacket this time....I also hope to finish my Yuna costume, and to bring a Kurama (from YYH) costume.

~*~Member of Cannot Unsee~*~

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2004, 10:25:20 am »
I am definitely going to go next year, but I'm not going to disclose as who yet hehehe... I'd be more interested in seeing who could recognize me ;)

Offline PvtChipsDubbo

• Cabbit
Yes, I am definately going...
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2004, 10:57:41 am »
Hey Kumoricon fans,

You bet your @$$ I'm going, pardon my French.

I'll also be going as Staff, if future events work out, and I'll be cosplaying, if again future events work out, but I'm not telling as who ;)

I like surprises and so should you :D
"You drive like a baboon in heat!"
"It is down to you and me mister fly."
"Oh I am sorry, did I break your concentration?"
"You no mess with Lo Wang."
                                                    -Lo Wang

Offline Bealmira

• Cabbit
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2004, 01:26:48 pm »
I fully intend on going again next year. And this time, I'll actually go for all three days! *was screwed over by parents and could only go sunday* I have a lot of ideas for my costumes now though... One I'm really intent on is Dosu from Naruto. I'll probably be some random catgirl as well.
2011 cosplay list:
Totoro
BuisnessSuit!Alphonse
Ukraine - Hetalia

Offline Zenn

• Chibi
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2004, 01:40:38 pm »
I'll definately be going next year. i'll be going as Alucard, BenitoraFrom SDK, and possibly The L33t N1|\|j4 Junpei From Megatokyo.
2008 Kumoricon costumes:

Cap'n Power(Applegeeks)...maybe
Mousse(Ranma ½)

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2004, 01:52:59 pm »
I want to go as GTO.  Anyone want to dress up as my students??  That would be pretty cool.

I also want to go as a HK cop/heroicbloodshed type character to pay homage to my love of live action HK cinema.

I enjoyed going as mr. Duke Togo aka Golgo-13, even though I don't think many people even knew who I was cosplaying as... :roll:
The trick is not minding.

Offline silverkyree

• Oni
    • http://addictedtosound.deviantart.com/
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2004, 02:04:55 pm »
I'm planning on going as Super Milk Chan next year ^-^

Now I just need to earn some money so I can make the costume...

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2004, 02:30:30 pm »
Hmmm...I don't know for sure, but I might try to improve on my inner Sakura costume. I really wasn't satisfied with my costume(understatement of the year), paticularly that I had no time to bleach, cut and dye my hair(got stuck with cheap pink spray that didn't do anything). Plus, Inner Sakura's pretty fun to be. :twisted:

Offline Yumi-chan

• Oni
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2004, 02:43:07 pm »
Hey guys, I was thinking of going as Yumi-chan from Marimite. Any ideas or thoughts? :D

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2004, 03:21:49 pm »
Quote from: "rarnom"
I want to go as GTO.  Anyone want to dress up as my students??  That would be pretty cool.

Oh My God!

Onizuka is the greatest!  :D

I swore I saw one dude as Onizuka while I was in one of the Video Rooms, he was walking around with a sledge hammer.

I was thinking to myself "No way, could he be cosplaying Onizuka?". It was pretty cool, especially if he was. GTO is one of my favorite series, manga especially.

Quote from: "hikaru_maxwell"
I plan on going as Duo Maxwell again, but hopefully with leather pants and a not-so-rippable jacket this time....I also hope to finish my Yuna costume, and to bring a Kurama (from YYH) costume.

Which Kurama?

Human form or Yohko Kurama?

Both are pretty cool, but I think Yohko looks a bit more badass.  :D

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2004, 03:36:41 pm »
I'm going next year (hopefully as it depends on the time of the year).  I'm thinking of going as Kakashi from Naruto.  I at least want to go as a character people will recognize. ~_~;;

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
    • NekoPan Maid Cafe and Bakery
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2004, 03:55:42 pm »
I intend to go!  It was fun, and now that I have some pallies that are there, it won't be such blech when my friends decide they can't spare the cash to go.  ^_^  Such friendly people!

I don't know who I want to go as yet, but I'm going to try and do something a bit more intensive-- Kikyou was fun, but everybody had that costume.  I'm guessing because it was so easy to put together.  ^_^  My InuYasha cosplayers said I should go as Naraku...but that's a bit too drafty, or too warmish.  Baboon isn't really  my thing.   :?

-ko

Offline PvtChipsDubbo

• Cabbit
Hey Ruriko!!!
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2004, 04:17:16 pm »
Hey K-fans,

Yes, I saw someone cosplay as Naraku, in his baboon form!!!

And they made it look soooooo easy.
                                                    -Lo Wang

Offline Candeldandel

• Cabbit
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2004, 04:21:04 pm »
Quote from: "kylite"
Ill be wearing my FMA costume again (full metal alchamest) as well as trying out walter, the butler from hellsing since everyone had to tell me i looked just like him LOL

Yeah, that's because you did look like him. You did security with me at the dealer's room door, right? Counting people... Fun fun. Anyway, if you're not, then you're the other guy that looked like Walter, the one I saw at the dance on Sunday. In which case that would be really awesome, too! Ok, now I'm babbling...

OMG! So, I'm planning on being R. Dorothy from Big O, and maybe a couple other people from different games and such, but Dorothy is the only one I have on the list at the moment. I'm going to get started on that pretty soon, too, so I have time to make 3 costumes, if that's even possible. Sigh. So many costumes, so little time...

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2004, 04:22:46 pm »
I'm gonna try working on Devil-Zabuza and Batou from GiTS.
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline Spork

• Sailor Scout
    • http://8bitoctop.us
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2004, 05:28:40 pm »
So going.  So totally going.  Already have a cosplay skit in the works.  Hell yeah.
NO WEENIES!
"Go Going Merry, you're rippin up the Grand Line!"
"FRIED CHICKEN!!"

KumoriCon attendee since '03

Offline Hero

• Cabbit
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2004, 05:53:32 pm »
Must cosplay Goury. I realy can think of only one other character and I would rather like to suprise people with that one.
Sir Matthew Dewey
Hero extraordinaire

Monsters slain, damsels rescued, worlds saved,
No job to big or small.

Offline PvtChipsDubbo

• Cabbit
Speaking of which...
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2004, 06:01:06 pm »
I didn't see anyone at Kumoricon 2004 dress up as a Slayers character :(
                                                    -Lo Wang

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2004, 06:02:27 pm »
Quote from: "Hero"
Must cosplay Goury. I realy can think of only one other character and I would rather like to suprise people with that one.

Now that you've told me, I don't think it will be a surprise...^_^

~*~Member of Cannot Unsee~*~

Offline kaoru

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2004, 06:02:33 pm »
Kaoru(Dir En Grey) from Drain Away PV.. : P

(Yes, I am obsessed)

Offline Teh Becca

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2004, 06:21:21 pm »
I'd love to put together something elaborate, but I don't think I'll have time. Well, or ability. I'm not too crafty when it comes to this sort of thing, unfortunately!

Next con, I'll drag out my Taichi again (if it still fits!), and I'll more likely than not attempt to throw together a Lain (Cyberia outfit), since I was so depressed I couldn't get mine together, and someone else ... I was originally considering Misato Katsuragi from EVA, but I really have no idea.

Offline Rushifa

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Sewing Madness
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2004, 06:42:49 pm »
Quote from: "MistressLegato"
I'm ALL fired up!  Losing only makes me want to win even MORE!  I think I will go as Nataku the first day so people remember who the heck I am, then I would REALLY like to dress as "boy-type" Utena from the movie.  With the hat and all of that . . . never had pink hair before, so that'll be interesting!  But somebody had better be another Utena charrie so we can duel it out on stage and maybe win something this time around!

I'm hoping to go as Anthy in her Rose Bride dress, that is if I have time make it between now and then, and don't run in to unexpected problems.  I couldn't really duel you, but it would be cool to run into some other Utena cosplayers.

Oh, and there definately should be more Slayers cosplays.  I'd go as one, but I don't really feel like crossplaying, and there just are't enough cool girl characters in that series...

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2004, 06:51:21 pm »
Hopefully I'll be going... I plan too unless something comes up.... Time will tell

But if I do go...... (and there isn't a con in between now and then)  I'll be going as Shuuichi Shindou for sure!  Now to pick which version......... *ponders*
Sweet Times

Offline SharinganItachi

• Oni
    • http://
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2004, 07:28:53 pm »
Might actually do Itachi or Gaara from Naruto...now if I can just find a gourd that big...

Offline Teh Becca

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2004, 08:09:20 pm »
Quote from: "Rushifa"
Quote from: "MistressLegato"

I'm hoping to go as Anthy in her Rose Bride dress, that is if I have time make it between now and then, and don't run in to unexpected problems.  I couldn't really duel you, but it would be cool to run into some other Utena cosplayers.

Oh, and there definately should be more Slayers cosplays.  I'd go as one, but I don't really feel like crossplaying, and there just are't enough cool girl characters in that series...
Woah. Xelloss had totally not crossed my mind until now, but that would be something I could certainly ATTEMPT... Him and Zelgadis are the only two I could seriously consider. My bust's too big for Lina and too small for Ameria, I couldn't throw together a Gourry, and if I ended up going as Martina, I'd kill myself.

But then, I COULD consider Valgaav or Phibrizzo... ah, possibilities...

Offline pencil

• Sailor Scout
    • http://users.livejournal.com/_pencil_/profile
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2004, 08:27:50 pm »
Quote from: "kaoru"
Kaoru(Dir En Grey) from Drain Away PV.. : P

(Yes, I am obsessed)

I love that era, it is most excellent.
K-con 09!
Maetel - Galaxy Express 999
Sanji - Shabondy, Regular, Okama
Mamori - EyeSheild 21 - cheerleader

possibly Allen walker?

Offline Rushifa

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Sewing Madness
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2004, 09:38:38 pm »
Quote from: "RebeccaLynne"
Woah. Xelloss had totally not crossed my mind until now, but that would be something I could certainly ATTEMPT... Him and Zelgadis are the only two I could seriously consider. My bust's too big for Lina and too small for Ameria, I couldn't throw together a Gourry, and if I ended up going as Martina, I'd kill myself.

The only one I would seriously consider going as would probably be Filia...  I think I could actually make the costume, and it would be to have a tail and a fake mace...

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2004, 09:55:41 pm »
GOMEN!  I know I shouldnt have used Duct Tape but the costume snaps fell off due to myself not useing strong enuf thread or stiching on them LOL so i had to improvisse at the last possible minute LOL.  I am going to replace the snaps with a nice inline of velcro to solve that problem.  and as for the boots...size 15 mens boots that come up njust below the knee is kinda impossible to find so per the judges/seamstress ladies suggestions I will be designing flats to look like boots :).  all In all it turned out great either way and even if I didnt win at the cosplay contest i sure had one hell of a good time.  (tho i nearly fainted when all the people started cheering as I hit the stage)
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline Teh Becca

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2004, 05:02:19 am »
Quote from: "Rushifa"
Quote from: "RebeccaLynne"

The only one I would seriously consider going as would probably be Filia...  I think I could actually make the costume, and it would be to have a tail and a fake mace...
Hmm... I WOULD quite like to attempt a Xelloss (he's been my favorite for awhile), but like I said, I'm not so talented at this ... making costume ... stuff ... yeaaaah. If I could, though...

It's early so I apologize if I'm not making too much sense.

Offline Hero

• Cabbit
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2004, 06:56:19 am »
Quote from: "hikaru_maxwell"
Quote from: "Hero"

Now that you've told me, I don't think it will be a surprise...^_^

I meant one other character besides Goury.
Sir Matthew Dewey
Hero extraordinaire

Monsters slain, damsels rescued, worlds saved,
No job to big or small.

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
    • http://mistresslegato.deviantart.com
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2004, 09:03:28 am »
Quote from: "kylite"
GOMEN!  I know I shouldnt have used Duct Tape but the costume snaps fell off due to myself not useing strong enuf thread or stiching on them LOL so i had to improvisse at the last possible minute LOL.  I am going to replace the snaps with a nice inline of velcro to solve that problem.  and as for the boots...size 15 mens boots that come up njust below the knee is kinda impossible to find so per the judges/seamstress ladies suggestions I will be designing flats to look like boots :).  all In all it turned out great either way and even if I didnt win at the cosplay contest i sure had one hell of a good time.  (tho i nearly fainted when all the people started cheering as I hit the stage)

*glomp*
I know!  That was scary!  I was going to say something, but everybody started yelling, so I just shuffled off stage.  My head was probably tucked into my neck like a turtle.  Now we know what it's like, though, so it won't be such a shock next time!

And Duct tape will save the world!  Just watch . . .

I could use  Rose Bride!  You could be teh prize for whomever wins the duel!  (Which has to be ME 'cuz Utena ALWAYS wins!)
Demon nurse, la la lalalalalalala, Demon Nurse . . .

Offline Katsu

• Oni
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2004, 01:29:24 pm »
im coming as Ta-kun from FLCL

hopefully i can find out a way to make a little horn stick out of my forhead...but if i cant ill just have the bandage

Offline Aurora

• Chibi
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2004, 07:10:43 pm »
I wanna go as Rosette from Chrono Crusade, I'll get to carry a gun around, it should be fun!

Offline rindalyn

• Oni
    • http://041277.livejournal.com
sadly
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2004, 08:08:01 pm »
I missed this years even due to the fact that I didn't even know about it till the day before it started.
However I will not be so out of touch next year.
I plan on being
Nerissa Remarque from War of Genesis III
here is a picture of her.

You guys look like you had an awsome time I even saw someone I knew in all those crazy and wild pictures!
if this was really anime my hair would be so much better!