Author Topic: i need weapon help!!!  (Read 1477 times)

Offline shadow_shrine

• Sailor Scout
i need weapon help!!!
« on: January 01, 2008, 03:10:45 pm »
i finally have my cosplay decided for 08, and im really stumped on how im gonna do the weapons for it...
heres a picture of the cosplay, with the weapons :)

im gonna be kite (tri-edge) from .hack//GU (an amazing game!!!) and i seriously dont know how to do the weapons, the two blades that come out from the sides need to be able to fold in, and return to being out, but i dont know how i would do that D: the weapon's name is empty skies, btw :)
thank you for looking at my topic, i hope you will help! :)
a balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
Re: i need weapon help!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 07:20:56 pm »
Normally I would suggest make it out of styrofoam, maybe for the base. I'm not sure how the fold in, but you could use uh...something to put on the place it folds...I forgot the name for it. Or plastic might be good. It would be hard since they don't allow "unsafe" weapons. Sorry, it's all I can think of at the moment. Good luck!

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
Re: i need weapon help!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 10:18:02 am »
Whoo Alex! Huzzah being Kite!

What'd I'd do is what what Sugarlat said and carve the base out of styrofoam or the like. Then cover it in a couple layers of brown packing paper and glue~ ::{I love that stuff now, answer to EVERYTHING!}:: Then you could probably gesso it over if you want it smooth. I have not a clue how you make them fold in. Well I guess you like make a slit big enough on the sides of them so they'll fold down into that. It would probably be easier to make them detach if it's for problems like transporting them. But good luck!

BTW If you need help with it just come to anime club one day and be like "HALP" XD
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 10:40:05 am by ~boogiepop~ »
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music