Author Topic: somethings wrong with my dancemat! D:  (Read 3893 times)

Offline shadow_shrine

• Sailor Scout
somethings wrong with my dancemat! D:
« on: December 26, 2007, 12:51:02 pm »
first of all, i have a pelican brand universal dancemat. and the down arrow wont work! D: i dont wanna try and fix it myself, for fear my mom will kill me @~@ any suggestions? ^^;
a balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.

Offline Arumi

• Sailor Scout
Re: somethings wrong with my dancemat! D:
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 03:18:55 pm »
Ah, I remember when I had that trouble a few years back. The sensor is probably just out of place. Try to move your hand around the bottom to feel where the sensor of it might be(it'll be kinda obvious, since it's a slight bump kinda thing) and try to move it back in place through the mat. If that fails, the only other things I could tell you to do is open 'er up and move it yourself and try to fix it(You can use duct tape to fix it. A friend's 'older brother' did that, since he had ruined his mat a few times and had to fix the sensors) or just go back to the store and say that it's defective.
-Roshie (Arumi)
MEWcon '10/'11
Silent Hill Nurse
Secret cosplay. ;3

Sakuracon '11
Beast(Kuroshitsuji)
Blind Mag(Repo!)

Kumoricon '11
Beast(Kuroshitsuji)-hopefully!

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 09:19:32 pm »
Return it, get a new one, and mod it.

Or, get/make a real pad.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline DSaturn

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 10:47:08 am »
I kept having that problem with my mats until the sensors really went out... Now I'm glad that I have the arcade style mats; you don't have that problem, they just take some getting use to.
Kumoricon 2013 The Phoenix Down Slackers will be cosplaying:

Offline shadow_shrine

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 06:36:27 pm »
 i opened up the mat to mess with the sensors, and it wad really confusing! D: it was a layer of plastic with markings on it, then a sheet of foam, and another sheet of plastic @~@
i honestly dont know if i could fix that, since i dont know what im looking for D:
a balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007, 10:35:59 pm »
The two layers of plastic contain the "sensors".  They exist as a weird black gunk, and are positioned where you'd expect them to be.  The bottom layer of plastic has the "ground" wire, which is the wire that every other wire wants to end on.  When another wire touches ground, it completes the circuit and the signal is established.  The top layer contains the "active" wires.  Each of these are rigged to a specific signal, and send that signal through the chip to the system when they touch the ground wire.  If you want to fix it, what you have to do is realign the top layer with the bottom layer, and align the holes in the foam with the lines of the sensors.  Then, to make sure it doesn't happen again, tape the plastic to the foam in a manner that doesn't interfere with the sensors.

That should fix the issue.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>