Author Topic: Host Club Tea Party 2008!  (Read 27763 times)

u2205

Host Club Tea Party 2008!
« on: December 08, 2007, 02:31:39 pm »

I just wanted to get everyone input on what we should do this year. Last year was great fun, but our major problem was that the lines were too long and it was very expensive for the con...

I know it sounds bad but we may have to charge for this year, only $2 or $3, and limit the amount of people that get to attend...

So any ideas for this year?

Offline risotto

• Sailor Scout
Re: Host Club Tea Party 2008!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 06:11:18 pm »
Charging would not be a problem. The people that attend are getting food and tea for their money (plus much amusement and entertainment!).

Maybe this sort of event calls for a time limit per group. That way, attendees have enough time to enjoy and interact and allow everyone else who is waiting to experience that. A waiting list can be used and periodically one of the hosts can run and call the next group in.

Though, I was not able to go to this event, so this is purely out of my head and not of experience. ^^;

Offline shadow_shrine

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 10:10:54 pm »
i went to the last one, and it was really fun, but we ran out of green tea wat fast D: i got the last one, and there was a HUGE line behind me D: i think it would be nice if there was a bigger room for it, so more people could come in at a time, and buying tickets beforehand, so you have a garenteed spot :3 forgive me if my ideas are dump T^T
a balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 10:13:28 am »
Tickets would be lovely. I'd have to snag one just for a keepsake.

I still think we should ask for orders and serve them. Having people get their own food was chaos.

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 01:44:40 pm »
We should do it like a sit down restaurant, except everyone has to make reservations :D

I dunno if you want people cosplaying as host members to be doing all the serving, but if you need people who will take orders from guests/serve them I'm in!

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline EvilAuthor

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 04:03:29 pm »
We should do it like a sit down restaurant, except everyone has to make reservations :D

I dunno if you want people cosplaying as host members to be doing all the serving, but if you need people who will take orders from guests/serve them I'm in!
Reservations is a good idea. People could even designate a host! Just like in the show.
Cannon romance is for lazy fans

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 06:07:48 pm »
Gah, I so want to be there for next year but I can't. >.<
If you guys continue this idea for 2009, sign me up.  Hopefully I'll be done by then.

Also if you do decide on the ticket idea and need some sort of simple design/drawing on them, I can offer my services with drawings.

Offline PhantmK

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 06:24:15 pm »
I have a grand idea, since tickets may become involved and not everyone can get in, how about we have a one or two hosts standing outside the door so as to entertain the ones in line who want to get in by buying tickets at the door? That way, we can somewhat calm the huge line that will probably still consume the hallway considering that we are in portland again this year and there will be new people coming to kumoricon who do not know of the event? I will be sure to run everything by mother in person first.
Sometimes you just gotta pull out the stops give it your all and know that you will come out the other end alive, well, and ready for the next challenge. 
I'm still waiting for the next one.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 12:13:53 am »
if you're thinking of needing more people, the maid squad could possibly help out.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline EvilAuthor

• Cabbit
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2007, 11:40:53 pm »

Reservations is a good idea. People could even designate a host! Just like in the show.

Lol. The whole reservation thing was actually my plan for last yet, but I decided not to do it because I thought the even wouldn't be that popular... boy, was I wrong ><
Yea, no need to tell me. I saw you all last year and was terrified. At the time, I had no idea what Host Club was so as far as I could had no idea what was going on. I thought everyone was cosplaying the same three characters and you were dominating the room.
That said, there's a good chance I'll have a Host Club cosplay done by Kumoricon. If I get it done, I'll send a heads up so you can count me in.

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 09:32:03 pm »

That would be great! Thanks!

Hey! Tom! No editing the spelling on my posts!

...Are you talking to yourself Mr. Mustash?...

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2007, 09:53:46 am »
OOHHHH Now I see it. I didn't see it before!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2007, 08:24:44 am »
Mwahaha!
Mine is an evil mod laugh!

I don't remember changing that but there's the proof. You must have accidentally spelled a specific word that could have been misleading. I don't edit posts just for normal typos.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2008, 10:08:24 pm »
yeah otherwise i would keep tom very busy
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline PhantmK

• Chibi
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2008, 10:56:24 pm »
If not for the little auto correction for the site most of my words would be misspelled. Funny thing is that Kumoricon is actually considered misspelled. Go figure.
Sometimes you just gotta pull out the stops give it your all and know that you will come out the other end alive, well, and ready for the next challenge. 
I'm still waiting for the next one.

Offline EvilAuthor

• Cabbit
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2008, 12:29:58 pm »
Ok, I guess just put me down for a reservation. I'm still gonna try to get Nekozawa done, but I'm not sure if I'll get a wig in time for con.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 10:47:45 pm by EvilAuthor »

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2008, 08:48:50 pm »
We're still helping! Since we'd be more of a source of entertainment, maybe you guys should boot us to the line so we can keep people side-tracked while waiting to get into the Party. ~.~;

We could think of something devious to do.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Yubi na Korosu

• Oni
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2008, 12:29:15 pm »
o.O

Tickets!?

Dear Kami I better start saving up my paychecks.  The Host Club needs donations!

-insert pose, sparkles and crashing waves-

Though I am thinking of dressing up as a follower of Nekozawa-sempai.  -glint-

Tamaki-ku~n!  The shadows call to you~!  >3
My dream:  Catch Tamaki while in his Corner of Woe.  >3 ~ <3

oslapedo

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2008, 07:20:22 pm »
I'd really like to go to this, and perhaps even help out, if my lack of Ouran cosplay could be excused  :)

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2008, 10:32:03 pm »
I'm trying to get a Hunny together. I need to go buy stuff and magically rip it up and make it into an Ouran uniform o_O

oslapedo

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2008, 11:13:52 pm »
You're gonna be busy, and workin hard sugarlat  :D

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2008, 03:52:15 pm »
Okay so what's going on with the tickets thing?
I'm getting a Hunny outfit together, and I wanna know what's going on about the tea party.

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2008, 04:51:53 pm »
Alright so I need the Host Clubs help for something. Me and Sugar-kun where talking about a special thing we want to have happen at the Host Club Tea Party. Because I am indeed interested in going. BUT I am going as an ANBU operative, and as we know... ANBU people don't tend to relax >.>. -coughs- So the idea was for a small improv skit that would happen at your tea party.

I need an Ino and Sakura, or even a Kurenai willing to drag me into the party. XD And then the Hosts to try and get the ANBU operative to relax and laugh... >.> Think you would be up for the task? We would be recording this and putting it up on Youtube. Your goal would be to try and get the ANBU op to laugh, think you wanna try for it?
2015 Cosplay Lineup
Female Martial Arts Turk - Nova Kurosaki - FFVII: Before Crisis/Crisis Core
Kaname Kururugi - Inuyasha: Juso no Kamen(Hakama and Normal)
Chika Kururugi - Naruto OC (Formal, and Normal)

oslapedo

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2008, 04:52:57 pm »
That sounds interesting... I think as long as long as the glory of the Host club is retained it doesn't really matter what wacky hijinks occur  :D

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2008, 06:35:27 pm »
No one answered my ticket thing XD
And why am i called sugar-kun?

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2008, 10:22:21 pm »
Cause ya'll be dressed up as a boy? XD
2015 Cosplay Lineup

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2008, 02:08:02 am »
Well I hope everything goes great. Whatever happens I'll be there to help out with the crowds, and stuff.  :)
Most likely will be officially on shift for these Event. If I am I'll help in all I can.  :D

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2008, 11:33:04 am »
Oh reading this again I think tickets and charging like 2 or 3 is a good idea because isn't the Lolita Tea party charging like...$7?

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2008, 01:37:01 pm »
Oh reading this again I think tickets and charging like 2 or 3 is a good idea because isn't the Lolita Tea party charging like...$7?
Yes they are.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2008, 01:52:06 pm »
If you would like to be a host, should we just show up or do you want us to contact you at a different time? =o

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2008, 02:31:35 pm »
I would like to know more information about this as well!

Offline FizzTheCarbonated

• Sailor Scout
    • http://aimeeevilpixie.deviantart.com
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2008, 03:33:54 pm »
Yes they are.

At the moment, anyway--it might change in one direction or the other once we know for sure what the hotel is going to charge.  ^_^
Your Darwin fish will not protect you from my wrath!

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2008, 03:41:58 pm »
Yes they are.

At the moment, anyway--it might change in one direction or the other once we know for sure what the hotel is going to charge.  ^_^

So it's like unsure yet? Hmm...

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2008, 03:52:47 pm »

We're pretty sure it's going to be around $7, but there's no way to know precisely until the hotel gets back to us with how much the catering charge is going to be.  It's out of my hands.

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2008, 03:55:22 pm »

We're pretty sure it's going to be around $7, but there's no way to know precisely until the hotel gets back to us with how much the catering charge is going to be.  It's out of my hands.
Well either way I don't think it's expensive at all. After all food is not very cheap either. So I think it's a good price.

Offline IrukaSensei

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2008, 06:32:06 pm »
Do you have coupons for folks? I mean because there are people that are pretty low-income, that just barely scraped together enough for con. I know such things might cost money, but how about set a charge for a party? Like four or five people, for 15-20 dollars? That way, if someone that doesn't have money wants to go in, they can find others willing to lend them a hand and help them in?

Like I myself, am gonna be running on Rice and Lentils at con, because I have only enough money for my room. I'm hoping the Cosplay Carwash makes enough money, because otherwise I'm SOL for that too
2015 Cosplay Lineup

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2008, 07:15:02 pm »
Do you have coupons for folks? I mean because there are people that are pretty low-income, that just barely scraped together enough for con. I know such things might cost money, but how about set a charge for a party? Like four or five people, for 15-20 dollars? That way, if someone that doesn't have money wants to go in, they can find others willing to lend them a hand and help them in?

Like I myself, am gonna be running on Rice and Lentils at con, because I have only enough money for my room. I'm hoping the Cosplay Carwash makes enough money, because otherwise I'm SOL for that too

Yea, it actually sounds like a really good idea. To have some type off offer/coupons. I think that way more people would come, but that's just me. I usually don't worry about the money much since I work, but for all those other people would be a great deal.  :D

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2008, 07:27:01 pm »
If you wish you discuss the pricing of the Lolita Tea Party, we should probably do it in the thread specifically for the Lolita Tea Party and stop hijacking the Host Club Tea Party thread.

Offline Darknight2433

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2008, 08:00:31 pm »
If you wish you discuss the pricing of the Lolita Tea Party, we should probably do it in the thread specifically for the Lolita Tea Party and stop hijacking the Host Club Tea Party thread.
Hmm...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 08:01:19 pm by CatchxMe »

Offline vampirek_yaoi

• Catgirl
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2008, 08:12:39 pm »
Yes I was thinking the same...Sorry!

oslapedo

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2008, 11:11:12 am »
Has a price been decided for the tickets? Also how early should we arrive if we hope to get in?

Offline wolfy2491

• Chibi
    • My facebook~
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2008, 02:13:22 pm »
Excellent question. All I'm gonna say is that I'm TOTALLY excited for this cause I'm all into Host Club now. lol. This is a fabulous idea.

Offline julietta

• Cabbit
    • Dev.Art
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2008, 12:10:05 am »
Let us know how you can sign up and how much the tickets cost!
I'm very hyped up for this ^__^
Kumoricon 2008 - Haruhi Suzumiya~

oslapedo

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2008, 12:25:42 am »
I'm really hyped too! Next year I'll be a host  ;D

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2008, 07:14:43 pm »
So these tickets. Does that mean we will get a spot into the tea party? Because if I did go it would be a little late (need to make it to the Naruto shoot)

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2008, 12:51:52 pm »
Tickets will be available Sunday morning, starting at 8am.  That way, people who are only there for Sunday will get the opportunity to purchase them.  It's possible we may sell some tickets on Saturday, but the majority won't be available until Sunday.
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

oslapedo

« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2008, 04:15:38 pm »
Where will we be able to purchase the tickets?

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2008, 04:18:52 pm »
I wanna know Mr. Mustash, can I still send in a form to be a host cause I need to be at the Naruto photoshoot as well but It won't take that long...it's just i can't magically switch outfits in 5 minutes...

Offline Pezzer

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2008, 04:20:56 pm »
You'll be able to buy the tickets at the info desk the first day of the con.

And to all Host Club Cosplayers:

If you'd like to be a host please show up at the tea party room at 8:30 that morning so I can pick who actually get's to be one ^^

Where will we be able to purchase the tickets?

at the info booth. Sunday starting at 8am
if you are reading this i have broken free

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2008, 04:21:15 pm »
You can purchase the tickets at the Info Booth.  Tickets will be $5, and are sold in half-hour sessions.  For example, you can buy a ticket for 9:30-10, and you will be able to get in at 9:30, but will have to leave at 10.  That should help to control the lines a bit, and people won't have to wait for so long.. just show up for your time slot.  And if you want to stay longer, you can always purchase tickets for additional time slots.
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator