Author Topic: What game should I buy?  (Read 7295 times)

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
What game should I buy?
« on: November 09, 2007, 03:46:45 pm »
I was thinking of buying, or maybe renting a game, but I don't know which one.
I know that a lot of times games look cool, and turn out not so cool. Any suggestions?

I'm not really one for fighting games, I like action, shooters, adventures and RPG's, mostly. As long as they aren't based off a movie. ~.~ I own a PS2, Gamecube, and am borrowing an X-box, so any games for those systems.

Is RE 2 any good? I'm a HUGE fan of Resident Evil, so if anyone's got any say in those games, let me know.

No one say Halo (2, 3 etc), I'm currently borrowing it from a friend.
AX :
- Seras Victoria (Hellsing)
- Axel (Kingdom Hearts II)
- Debut Cosplay

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: What game should I buy?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 04:08:25 pm »
Well, if you haven't played FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus yet, I'd recommend it. It's a blast, great plot, and actually could be finished in a rental period, I'd say.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 05:47:47 pm »
I've got those three games. ~.~ DoC is being a little -----, Fable and Morrowind were good. XD
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Borderlands Games

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 12:18:07 am »
Try the Metroid Prime Series for game cube. Good mix of all those features your looking for. Metroid Prime 3 on Wii is amazing, but its..on the wii :P

The recent final fantasy 13 on the PS2 is beautiful. God of War 1 or 2 are both amazing. Check out Okami and Shadow of the Colossus on the PS2 as well. You haven't lived until you played either :) great stuff. More games should be like both those.

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 12:28:12 am »
Is RE 2 any good? I'm a HUGE fan of Resident Evil, so if anyone's got any say in those games, let me know.

You never played 2? I personally like 2 a lot more than the original. Try that out, Nemesis, and RE4 as well.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 01:05:14 am »
I doubt you'll be able to find any of them, but Indigo Prophecy, Shadow of Memories and Dreamfall: The Longest Journey for Xbox are all personal favorites of mine.

Gamecube:
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Resident Evil 0, 1 & 4 (1 is a remake, and a very awesome one at that.)
Wind Waker
Pikmin
Super Mario Sunshine (a lot of people didn't like it but I had fun playing it)

My brain is too foggy to think of anything else right now. ^_^

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 11:21:41 am »
You might also try dot hack gu.  that game is also worthy of the title of crack.
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2007, 12:17:05 pm »
@ Borderlands Games: I own a Metroid Prime game, but I can't find it... ANYWHERE. Shadow of the Colossus was an awesome game, but I haven't played Okami yet! I should, though. Is FFXIII even out yet? Or maybe I'm just not up to date. ~.~

@ Trumby: Haha no, I've never played! I'm obsessed with RE4, though. Leon and Ada are in the 2nd, and I really like their characters. 2 for the GC is speeendy, though, which is why I'm gonna ask for it for Christmas. ._.; I was planing on buying the other RE games when I had the extra money, but for now, I want to play 2!

@ reppy: I briefly played Indigo Prophecy; and from what I thought it was awesome! I haven't played the other two, though. Who DOESN'T own SS? XD

@ Hawkeye: Is there any order I should go in? I have the VERY first game of .hack, and I'm at the very last part. ~.~

Jeez, thanks for all the input, I went to Fred Meyer today to look, but they have mostly all new system games, and don't even carry GC games anymore! So instead I bought Season 2 of DBZ that I found sitting around. x.x It was the ONLY DBZ DVD they had, and I got it! >D
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2007, 12:46:43 pm »
I think they still carry some near me. ^_^; But that's out in Battle Ground, sooo..

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2007, 02:09:18 pm »
Katamari Damacy and We Love Katamari for PS2. They are some of my very favorites. Also, I have heard that Stubbs the Zombie for Xbox is awesome too.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline PhantmK

• Chibi
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2007, 02:22:05 pm »
Next time you want to find a good new game, call me up and I will run down the list. XD
Sometimes you just gotta pull out the stops give it your all and know that you will come out the other end alive, well, and ready for the next challenge. 
I'm still waiting for the next one.

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2007, 07:00:39 pm »
If RPG's are what you're looking for, I'd recommend Rogue Galaxy. (Website Here: http://www.us.playstation.com/RogueGalaxy/)

It's a massive RPG from Level 5 (Dark Cloud, Dark Cloud 2, and Dragon Quest VIII). You get an interesting cast of characters, multiple planets to explore, a space ship to travel around in, and, once your done with the story, it doesn't end there. After that, there's a hundred level dungeon to tackle. And if you're a completionist, have fun, there's over 800 weapons in the game (Weapons alone, not including other items!), plus theres a factory mode, a way to fuse weapons, and more.

It's for PS2, but its still awesome (Afterall, the PS2 is STILL the best system on the market, if you look at profits and sales, alone).

Offline Borderlands Games

• Cabbit
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2007, 10:53:40 pm »
@ Borderlands Games: I own a Metroid Prime game, but I can't find it... ANYWHERE. Shadow of the Colossus was an awesome game, but I haven't played Okami yet! I should, though. Is FFXIII even out yet? Or maybe I'm just not up to date. ~.~

I meant FFXII :P My bad. Its beautiful though :) I am sure 13 will be too, when it comes out. Did you beat Shadow of the Colossus? If not how far you get? The story in that is very well done too. Okami was overlooked. Probablly one of the best games on the PS2. The way they use the divine brush to represent how your spirit powers influence reality is very cool. My only complaint with the game is that you can't speed through cut scene dialog if you read fast, but you can with normal game play dialog and other than that the game is a 10.

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2007, 12:05:46 am »
I saw Katamari at Freddies! But I chose DBZ over it. ~.~

Rogue Galaxy looks cooool. x.x I might have to buy. XD

Shadow of the Colossus - Yah, I beat it the entire way through, I'm almost done with it the second time around; and it DOES have awesome graphics, and a really good story line. I was mad toward the end, though! I own FFXII, I got it when it came out, and for really cheap, too! >>; But I got stuck, and haven't played it since. I do that a lot with the FF series. ~.~
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2007, 01:51:25 am »

I meant FFXII :P My bad. Its beautiful though :) I am sure 13 will be too, when it comes out. Did you beat Shadow of the Colossus? If not how far you get? The story in that is very well done too. Okami was overlooked. Probablly one of the best games on the PS2. The way they use the divine brush to represent how your spirit powers influence reality is very cool. My only complaint with the game is that you can't speed through cut scene dialog if you read fast, but you can with normal game play dialog and other than that the game is a 10.
Ah, I forgot to mention, I also own Okami, and yes, it is wonderful.

I've heard a Wii port/update is coming out shortly, may have to snag that aswell.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2007, 12:54:44 am »
Get Beatmania US. (w/ controller)

It's cheap, fun, and popular in Japan.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2007, 01:55:06 pm »
Persona 3 was an awesome game. have you tried the Disgaea series yet?
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2007, 02:05:56 pm »
Persona 3 was an awesome game. have you tried the Disgaea series yet?

No I haven't. I've heard of it, though! There's a lot of games out that I still need to play, I guess. e.e
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Zenn

• Chibi
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2007, 02:38:51 pm »

I'm not really one for fighting games, I like action, shooters, adventures and RPG's, mostly. As long as they aren't based off a movie. ~.~ I own a PS2, Gamecube, and am borrowing an X-box, so any games for those systems.

No one say Halo (2, 3 etc), I'm currently borrowing it from a friend.

ok here are my recommendations:

for action/adventure, I recommend The God of War series,  and the Ratchet and Clank series.

Warning: God of war contains excessive violence/gore, and nudity
Ratchet & Clank has no real violence, and mature content to speak of.
The story lines of the games in these two series are all pretty good.

also, if the violence doesn't get to you, then maybe you can handle some suspense. in that category, i recommend the Silent Hill series.
Warning: keep the lights on when playing.

Other than the halo series, as far as shooters, I recommend Time Splitters.

The resident evil series only gets better as you progress in the games.
the down side to the resident evil series is in most of the games your character moves just as slow as the zombies, and the controls are a little stiff until Resident Evil 4, when all the prior problems are fixed.
2008 Kumoricon costumes:

Cap'n Power(Applegeeks)...maybe
Mousse(Ranma ½)

Offline Sayda

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviant Art.
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2007, 02:47:47 pm »
I haven't played the Silent Hill series, actually.

Blood and gore doesn't bother me, I've practically beaten GoW, just not 2. I've heard Time Splitters was pretty good, too. Suspense when it comes to a game is what scares me. Mostly through RE4 I was screaming. ~.~
AX :
- Debut Cosplay

Offline Zenn

• Chibi
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2007, 03:49:02 pm »
The silent Hill Series is probably the scariest game series currently running.

Ah! I just remembered a couple of good shooters.

Psi-Ops. Not you're typical shooter, but if you like rag doll effects, Psychic powers, along with you're standard arsenal of weapons, then this game will definitely cover it for ya.

First Encounter Assault Recon. F.E.A.R.
Its for X-360,PS3,PC. very good game. it'll have ya on the edge of you're seat......(wow that was really cheesy. almost like it came from a movie critic)

Also, if you're into games that mess with your head, then pick up Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem.
2008 Kumoricon costumes:

Cap'n Power(Applegeeks)...maybe
Mousse(Ranma ½)