Author Topic: Official AMV Video Idea Thread  (Read 4029 times)

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
    • http://www.pierow.com/
Official AMV Video Idea Thread
« on: November 09, 2007, 02:53:51 pm »
There aren't enough threads about AMVs  ;D

I'm still slapping together an Advent Children video. Hope to have that done. I want to do an AMV Hell type video of my own doing :P I literally have a list on my desk with a bunch of ideas for it.

What are you all thinking of making for next year?

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
*My* AMV Almost done!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 07:52:11 pm »
Don't know where I'll submit it, maybe Sakuracon, maybe a few other places, BUT:

NEW EDIT TO THIS POST:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=153557

Here it is - Enjoy!!!

- G
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 08:04:43 pm by Prinz Eugen »

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
Re: Official AMV Video Idea Thread
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 01:35:37 am »
I have a bunch of great AMV ideas, but I lack the materials and knowhow to make them. Can I toss some out to see if anyone wants them?

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
Re: AMV Ideas - SURE
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 04:00:45 am »
Sure, why not?

BTW my latest one is DONE. I'll have a link to it on animemusicvideos.org soon, and I'll let you all know here too.
Looks like it's gonna be the FIRST up on the org to use the anime 'Kaibutsu Ojou!' That's a SECOND 1st for me up at the org (w00t!) - I was also the first AMV-er to use the 'Silent Service' OVA (Done to 'Red October' segue of movie music I remixed myself...)

I cannot estimate the 10s of gigs on several hard drives which are storing a number of my stalled-out projects; you look at them in 4 months (after you come back from doing some OTHER projects) and you go: 'Umm, this is *stale,* or 'WHERE was I GOING with this?!?')

Well, here are a few:

'Last Exile' to Gordon Lightfoot's "Wreck of the Edmond Fitzgerald" (watch out though, the song is SIX minutes, 36 seconds!

'Urda' using the Horst Wessel song would be quite evil. Actually, ANYTHING using that song would be either twisted or downright offensive.

'Zipang' to Richard Rodgers' 'Victory at Sea.'

'Negotiator Yugo,' or a character study of the character Balalaika (aka 'Fry-Face') from 'Black Lagoon,' to period recordings of the Soviet Army Chorus and Band. Especially 'Meadowlands.' Or a crossover piece with Balalaika and Sagara Souske (FMP) making it look like they shared a military mission on the cold, snow-drifted steppes shown in either series. [Flip down the ear-flaps of your ushanka; it's -52C out there!]

'Mahou Takkyubin,' (aka 'Kiki's Delivery Service') to the old-school TV-OP of the 'Mary Tyler Moore Show' - especially with the little cat meow at the end.

'Monster' to the movie trailer 'The Good Shepherd.' That could be INTENSE and SCARY of you pull it off right.

'Pumpkin Scissors' to the 'Hogan's Heroes' OP, or the trailer to 'Von Ryan's Express?'

Series I'd LOVE to see someone make an AMV to:

- Seirei no Moribito (Flat-out GORGEOUS animation...)
- Tenpo Ibun Ayakashi Akashi
- Kaze no Stigma

- G

« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 04:05:55 am by Prinz Eugen »

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 12:33:03 am »
Mr. Kimura from Azumanga Daioh singing Oingo Boingo's classic "Little Girls". You know, Iiiiiii love little girls, they make me feel so good...

Digimon Adventure and 02, the various fights against Myotismon, to "La Resistance". With TK as Gregory, Oikawa as Satan, and Pumpkinmon and Gotsumon as Terrance and Phillip.

Brock from Pokemon to "Can't Get Enough of It". Made especially fitting by the fact that the song in question is by Eric Stuart, Brock's original dub VA.

On a more serious note, Revolutionary Girl Utena to Verve Pipe's "The Freshmen". For the life of me, I could not believe we'd ever die for these sins, we were only freshmen

That's just a few. I'll no doubt drop some more in this thread as I remember them.

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
    • http://www.pierow.com/
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 11:56:35 am »
I've been listening to the Silent Hill theme alot lately, and I keep getting images of Ed, Al and the Homonculi from FMA. The subtle degree of horror that plays out in that anime makes me think putting music from Silent Hill to it could work beautifully. Effectively pulling it off though... yeah that's the tricky part. :P

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 06:08:22 pm »
Hmmm... All those video game characters that are voiced by rock stars/pop stars? Lip-synching that looks good to a song. I've been fiddling with something like that whenever I get bored. Genesis Rhapsodos a la Gackt's 'RETURNER', anyone? Roxas to Jesse McCartney? Sometimes stuff like that can be really, really funny.

... Jesse McCartney did voice Roxas, right?

Vincent and Lucrecia, Dirge of Cerberus cutscenes, 'Down Once More' from the Phantom of the Opera. Vincent as Raoul, Lucrecia as Christine, Hojo as the Phantom. It would be so amazingly perfect if done well that I want to make it into a skit.

Offline TohmaSeguchi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 12:54:00 pm »
Probably going to start a Gundam Wing amv. Or something else....though the song I'm going to use is going to be "The Kinslayer" by Nightwish. (the non-live version)

Who knows the song, and what anime would be great to it? I'm probably going to do an Old School AMV....
-Heero
Kumoricon 2009:

Yuy Heero - Gundam Wing
Rider - Fate/Stay Night
Kanda Yuu - D Gray Man