Author Topic: Shout outs? Searching?  (Read 38719 times)

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
Shout outs? Searching?
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2004, 11:35:31 am »
Eeexcellent.  ^_^  Now if I can just find that Kakashi...

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
Shout outs? Searching?
« Reply #101 on: September 21, 2004, 05:39:47 pm »
I believe he was at Festival Japan (the beaverton one this weekend).  Try getting in contact with Bishie_catboy_ninja.  He should have the contact info.  

Oh, and thank you, celticangel.  I've been trying to find that Sasuke (and her friend, the Naruto) to ask them if they want to be in a cosplay me and my friends are planning for next year.  Always good to get an early start ^_^V.

~*~Member of Cannot Unsee~*~

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Shout outs? Searching?
« Reply #102 on: September 21, 2004, 07:27:29 pm »
Was he the one I encountered, Hikaru?  The one who was with the girl who cosplayed Naru from Love Hina?
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
Shout outs? Searching?
« Reply #103 on: September 21, 2004, 08:39:40 pm »
Quote from: "celticangel"
Quote from: "princessfrodo"
With an Orochimaru cosplayer like that lurking around I don't think I'd ever be able to sleep at a Con! O.o

You'd have nothing to worry about. Unless you intend to dress as Kabuto, Kimimaro or Sasuke. XD

So now I just have to worrying abou tmy friends sleeping.  Oooh... I wonder if I could borrow someone's video camera, they're bishie. ^.^
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
Shout outs? Searching?
« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2004, 03:07:08 pm »
Yeah!  I think that's him.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Shout outs? Searching?
« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2004, 11:50:28 pm »
Quote from: "FilkAeris"
Eeexcellent.  ^_^  Now if I can just find that Kakashi...

Are you looking for a Kakashi from the Con or for next year?  I`m planning on cosplaying as Kakashi for next year.

Offline Tetsuo687

• Oni
    • http://www.687th.com/
Shout outs? Searching?
« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2004, 05:30:33 am »
Quote from: "FilkAeris"
Does anyone know who this is?  http://www.thegrandcouncil.com/hosted/sapphirefox/cos_images/IMAG0003.jpg

Because, I will *pay* him to cosplay Orochimaru someday...

Eek, that was me ^_^ Thanks Irnogs for the quote from me, and her in the same post, helped me sort though and find it. I've had some requests from an Asuka (as seen here: http://caspar.homelinux.org/conventions/grab_image.php?id=15480 ) To dress as Kaji again, for SakuraCon '05. I hope to have the outfit I recently wore, as well as an alternative costume that was his uniform. Ya, I think making a Orochimaru would be really awesome. To be perfectly honest, I haven’t seen much, if any, Naruto yet though, so I don't have a good feel for the character. There is just so much anime out there, it's hard to be a full time college student, with a job, and still make enough time to be a fanatical otaku. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion, I’ve got to think it over, and see if I have enough time and money to get the costume worked out. This was my first Con Cosplaying at all; so to get a request is more than flattering. Thank you ^_^

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
Shout outs? Searching?
« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2004, 02:42:22 pm »
It's a little late, but I wanted to give a shout out and much love to all the hakus that were at the con.

Angel Haku/Ari - super nice, gave me help with poses
Regular Haku/ Jessica - found me about 5 mins into the first day, hung out with me
Other regular Haku (? never got her name) for all the hugs
Boy Haku/?  really nice, took pics for us

Hope to see you all at Sakuracon :D
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline SalmonOfDoubt

• Cabbit
    • http://
"Largo" here...
« Reply #108 on: September 26, 2004, 03:27:25 pm »
Hey folks!

I'm the guy who cosplayed as Largo in the contest. Man, acting like a crazy man was fun! (Btw, Did anybody take pictures of me?)

A shout-out to the "Naruto" Lady-Ninjas of "Singing in the Hall" fame! Woo!

A special thanks to Bakazoku, for making this an awesome con! (And for ordering pizza! Yeah!)

A specific thanks to "that scary soldier guy" for walking me to the bus stop/light rail. DOMO! Yes, I made it home alive. ^_^;

(I missed the last day of the con. :-( What'd I miss?)
"In the words of the great emancipator: let's throw this thing in reverse and run like heck."

Offline Xced_Xeo_Xem

• Oni
Shout outs? Searching?
« Reply #109 on: September 27, 2004, 05:11:58 pm »
Quote from: "hikaru_maxwell"
Also, they guy who was going around in the bondage gear...woot!  Your Ed from Megatokyo (I'm assuming that's it) cosplay was cool!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/hikaru_maxwell/Kumoricon%202004/edfrommegatokyo.jpg

That would be me hikaru_maxwell...  If you want to get in touch, my contacts are in my profile...  Though I'm not online often, hopefully you'd catch me sometime.

Personally...  I'm looking for a girl whom dressed up as Satoka from Gatekeepers 21 on Saturday and Sunday...  Not alot of people could tell who she was Cosplaying as and supposed I was the first in the Con to regonize her.  I would like to get in touch with her if possible since she took a picture of me with her cool sword.  I would appreciate any help that could be given here since I've been unsuccessful in my search so far.

If Satoka is reading this and wondering who this is...  This is the Black-Winged-Angel boy with the spiked dog collar whom was able to hold up your heavy-ish sword parallel to the ground with only one arm.  You took a picture of that in front of the elevators.
"Can't keep up?  Just follow the trail of dead bodies."

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
Shout outs? Searching?
« Reply #110 on: September 27, 2004, 05:18:43 pm »
Cool!  Your cosplay outfits rocked!

Offline Xced_Xeo_Xem

• Oni
Shout outs? Searching?
« Reply #111 on: September 27, 2004, 05:30:09 pm »
Thanks.  It was an improvised Cosplay anyways with the Ed thing.  I grabbed Klint's (from obsessedwithanime.com) tripod and I just happened to have a dress shirt and tie on hand.  It fit pretty well.

And with the bondage stuff...  That's how I usually dress minus the wings and add contacts (don't like my glasses).

*points to his edited post above*  Do you think you know of the person I'm looking for?  *hopeful*

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
Shout outs? Searching?
« Reply #112 on: September 27, 2004, 05:50:17 pm »
Sorry, I haven't seen/read that series yet, so if I did know her, I don't know it.....

Offline Menchi

• Cabbit
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~kaleide
Shout outs? Searching?
« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2004, 10:36:35 pm »
Quote from: "Xced_Xeo_Xem"
Quote from: "hikaru_maxwell"
Also, they guy who was going around in the bondage gear...woot!  Your Ed from Megatokyo (I'm assuming that's it) cosplay was cool!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/hikaru_maxwell/Kumoricon%202004/edfrommegatokyo.jpg

That would be me hikaru_maxwell...  If you want to get in touch, my contacts are in my profile...  Though I'm not online often, hopefully you'd catch me sometime.

Personally...  I'm looking for a girl whom dressed up as Satoka from Gatekeepers 21 on Saturday and Sunday...  Not alot of people could tell who she was Cosplaying as and supposed I was the first in the Con to regonize her.  I would like to get in touch with her if possible since she took a picture of me with her cool sword.  I would appreciate any help that could be given here since I've been unsuccessful in my search so far.

If Satoka is reading this and wondering who this is...  This is the Black-Winged-Angel boy with the spiked dog collar whom was able to hold up your heavy-ish sword parallel to the ground with only one arm.  You took a picture of that in front of the elevators.

That'd be my friend Amanda~ I'll let her know you're looking for her!

Offline Xced_Xeo_Xem

• Oni
Shout outs? Searching?
« Reply #114 on: September 28, 2004, 12:56:56 am »
Wait...  Oak Harbor...  You won't happen to be the same Tanya that lives with a girl named Jessica...  And that Amanda along with you and Jessica knows Heather and Ashely Vansickle.......?

Offline Menchi

• Cabbit
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~kaleide
Shout outs? Searching?
« Reply #115 on: September 28, 2004, 01:24:42 am »
Quote from: "Xced_Xeo_Xem"
Wait...  Oak Harbor...  You won't happen to be the same Tanya that lives with a girl named Jessica...  And that Amanda along with you and Jessica knows Heather and Ashely Vansickle.......?

Hah, yes, yes I am. ^^ Heather and Ashley are two of my very good friends.

Offline Xced_Xeo_Xem

• Oni
Shout outs? Searching?
« Reply #116 on: September 28, 2004, 08:38:24 am »
Hrm...  Small world.  I met Heather and Ashley at Anime Evolution and I've been chatting with Heather since.

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
Shout outs? Searching?
« Reply #117 on: September 30, 2004, 07:51:38 pm »
Nick Park!  That's who I'm looking for!  The Kakashi/Iruka cosplayer's name is Nick Park--it's the same as the guy who did Wallace and Grommit.  Now I remember!

...does anyone know how I can get in touch with Nick Park?  ^.^

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!