Author Topic: Masquerade Ball - Winter Mini-Event - Input Wanted!  (Read 22054 times)

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
Re: Masquerade Ball - Winter Mini-Event - Input Wanted!
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2007, 06:05:21 pm »
Is anyone aware of the Portland Vampire Masquerade Ball? http://www.vampireballpdx.com/

Even though they are after Kumori Con's ball (weekend of Sakura Con in fact), maybe you could e-mail the person that runs the event for tips for solidifying the dress code. I e-mailed her for help when I was coming up for the dress code for Sakura Con and Lady Raven was a great help!

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2007, 10:34:03 pm »
Online registration will be available soon... we are getting it set up thru the same system as convention registration.  An announcement will be made in the mini-event forum when it is available.

Thanks for all your patience :)
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2007, 09:31:50 am »
I know I'm not in the side of the Publicity department that does this kind of thing, but it's starting to look a little worrying.  There's absolutely no chatter in the Publicity forum area about signs or fliers or anything like that for this event.

Has anyone yet established a contact within the Publicity department who would coordinate the launch for this?
Do we have any plans on how to involve a more specialized subset of the culture who would be interested in attending a formal event as opposed to a very informal kind of fair of sales and anime viewing that Kumoricon seems to be?

(PS: I'm the wrong point to try to establish such a contact through.  Probably the director, Jeff (JeffT) is who you should initially get in touch with.)
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2007, 05:11:08 pm »
feb 2nd is also coming up rather fast, its really onl about a month away, and peeps need the dress code if they want to make somthing for this
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2007, 10:53:06 pm »
I know I'm not in the side of the Publicity department that does this kind of thing, but it's starting to look a little worrying.  There's absolutely no chatter in the Publicity forum area about signs or fliers or anything like that for this event.

Has anyone yet established a contact within the Publicity department who would coordinate the launch for this?
Do we have any plans on how to involve a more specialized subset of the culture who would be interested in attending a formal event as opposed to a very informal kind of fair of sales and anime viewing that Kumoricon seems to be?

(PS: I'm the wrong point to try to establish such a contact through.  Probably the director, Jeff (JeffT) is who you should initially get in touch with.)

I am waiting on the materials from the Masquerade Ball committee to post. :) I've been a bit behind on things lately, but I am watching, though been sort of quiet recently. Updates on flyers, signs, and some promotional events are coming soon.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2008, 10:38:02 am »
Information regarding the masquerade ball and registration can be found in this thread.

Information regarding the dress code can be found in this thread.

Please post any further discussion in those threads.

2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator