Author Topic: What is your favorite Nintendo DS games?  (Read 5985 times)

Offline RoamingGnome

• Chibi
    • The Roaming Gnome
What is your favorite Nintendo DS games?
« on: October 14, 2007, 07:29:58 pm »
I just today bought myself the new red ds lite.  I thought to ask what games others found they liked the best on the DS and why.  Currently the game I'm playing is the New Zelda and the Phantom Hourglass which I think is great game and gets me to think sometimes outside of the game box.  Blowing out candles using the mic and figuring how to defeat an enemy.  Currently I have on order the new Bleach fighting game for the DS and can't wait to try that out also.

So what 2 games do you like the best on your DS?  And why?

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
Re: What is your favorite Nintendo DS games?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 07:37:39 pm »
I can't narrow it down to 2, so I'll give you my top 5:

Animal Crossing: Wild World = It's an addicting sim game; I seriously couldn't put it down for a while until I picked up Megaman ZX.

Megaman ZX =  Nice 2D fighter game. Got the next one (Megaman ZX: Advent) on reserve~

Brain Age 2 = It's fun and it makes you smarter!

Final Fantasy: Chocobo Tales = A fun crossover of adventure RPG, Yu-Gi-Oh! style card dueling, and mini-games galore! I got hooked on this as well for a while.

Phoenix Wright series =  Haven't finished the first game yet but it's great fun!

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline RoamingGnome

• Chibi
    • The Roaming Gnome
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 08:31:18 pm »
I'm thinking of getting brain age 2.  My memory at times can get sketchy and I hear it helps out a lot with that.

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 08:34:24 pm »
Zelda: Phantom Crack (as in the drug), is a great game all right.  There are some awesome 4th wall moments besides the candles to the fire temple.  Oh, and you just have to thwap (HARD stylus snap will probably work best, but don't hit the screen) the microphone area when you're buying the salvage arm.

The standby game I still play quite often is Picross, used is OK, but it's worth it new too.

The Pokemon games are also nice if you're in to that.  Mystery dungeon is about all I'm in to there though... Still It's very challenging having only 4 moves of limited quantity at once (Esp on 9 level dungeons!)
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 09:08:28 pm »
New Super Mario Brothers is awesome. I also own Animal Crossing (dude, we should swap friend codes!). Elite Beat Agents is crazy fun. If you like rhythm games, I suggest you check it out. I bought Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow for like $9 on clearance, another awesome game. (Reminds me of SotN kind of.) I have the new Zelda game and it's a must if you like the Zelda series.

I also own Super Mario 64 DS, but if you already own SM64 or didn't like it, it's not really any use to you. ^_^;

Mario Kart DS is really good, IMO. My little brother and niece both own it.

I'm looking into getting Brain Age 2. Bought Brain Age 1 for my little brother for like Christmas or something a long time ago. (Ideally, I'd love to get the DS Lite combo that comes with Brain Age 2.. since I'm still using the old, clunky gray DS.)

If I had to pick only 2 games to get: Mario Kart DS and Phantom Hourglass.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 09:18:23 pm by reppy »

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 09:51:55 pm »
cookin mama!
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 10:11:16 pm »
I was just at Fred Meyer's and they had this little stand with the following games:

Brain Age 1 ($19.99)
Brain Age 2 ($19.99)
Big Brain Academy ($19.99)
Nintendogs: Labrador ($29.99)
Picross ($19.99)

Buy 2 and get 1 of equal or lesser value free.

I'm really tempted to get Brain Age 1, and 2 copies of Brain Age 2 (one as an Xmas gift for my niece).

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline kissarmy

• Chibi
    • Kisswars
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 10:52:20 pm »
i work at freddy's so yay discounts....

uh fav games... Pokemon diamond, Final Fantasy III, Elite Beat Agents, Resident Evil DS
www.myspace.com/parasolcosplay         
Kumoricon 08
~LEEROY JENKINS - World of Warcraft
~EPIC SECRET COSPLAY

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 02:43:19 pm »
The Castlevania games are the best. New Super Mario Bros is practically a requirement for owning a DS. And I loved Puzzle Quest and Etrian Odyssey. And I'm also enjoying Zelda right now too.

I've found that I will have cravings for certain types of gameplay and each of those games satisfies a different craving.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 03:26:32 pm »
it was really fun at the last meeting when a group of us were playing mario cart racing together.

Kendo fiance really like the caslevaina game , i dont remeber which one but its the newer one, i got for him when i bought him his ds
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 04:17:44 pm »
Currently, I've been playing Phoenix Wright and it's pretty awesome.  :D

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2007, 08:18:30 pm »
it was really fun at the last meeting when a group of us were playing mario cart racing together.

Kendo fiance really like the caslevaina game , i dont remeber which one but its the newer one, i got for him when i bought him his ds
So that's the game that you guys were playing.  I was still working through Zelda: Phantom Hourglass on mine, and I probably suck at racing games so I wouldn't have much fun... I might try that next time, of course, there's also Picross, that cart has download play for VS mode or something.  Which should be interesting.
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline RoamingGnome

• Chibi
    • The Roaming Gnome
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2007, 09:38:34 pm »
Well I just picked up the Bleach DS game and Cooking Mama.  Bleach is pretty cool.  Currently I'm wimping out and using the touch screen to do the special attacks but sooner or later I'll learn the attacks to do better.  Cooking Mama seems pretty fun.  I'm curious are these real recepies or just game recipies they use?

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2007, 09:59:54 pm »
Well I just picked up the Bleach DS game and Cooking Mama.  Bleach is pretty cool.  Currently I'm wimping out and using the touch screen to do the special attacks but sooner or later I'll learn the attacks to do better.  Cooking Mama seems pretty fun.  I'm curious are these real recepies or just game recipies they use?

Those are definitely real food...just not actual recipes. It gives you an idea of what actually goes in the real food but don't try cooking anything just based off the game  :D

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline chibiroth

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2007, 03:37:19 pm »
pokemon diamond /pearl and phoenix wright are amazing games!
Kumoricon 2008 cosplay:

Princess Tutu
Riku- KH
Hunny-Ouran Host Club
Cooking Mama
Alita- Apollo Justice

And a Secret Cosplay hehe :D

Offline RoamingGnome

• Chibi
    • The Roaming Gnome
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2007, 05:34:44 pm »
I'm thinking of getting either pokemon diamond or pearl.  Wii has the battle game where you can battle people with you pokemon from your DS and they are in the future going to have a Pokemon Ranch where you can take all your pokemon from the DS and take care of them on a ranch on the Wii.

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
    • An LJ that DOESN'T have locked entries?!
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2007, 08:49:40 pm »
blol. My friend and I are getting each other DSs for Xmas. It subtracts the guilt of spending money on ourselves by getting it for each other. Yay, loopholes.

But I definatley want to get:
cookin Mama, Phoenix Wright, a pokemon of sorts, Yoshi's Island, and Digimon world.
Anakin, you're breaking my heart if you don't come to "I'd Just as Soon Kiss a Wookiee: A Star Wars Panel" at Kumoricon!

Offline kissarmy

• Chibi
    • Kisswars
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2007, 03:49:47 pm »
i gots pokemon diamond. its pretty majestic.

oh get Resident Evil DS its sooooooooo amazing
www.myspace.com/parasolcosplay         
Kumoricon 08
~LEEROY JENKINS - World of Warcraft
~EPIC SECRET COSPLAY