Author Topic: Now that the adventure is over  (Read 5402 times)

Offline Michael_Hopcroft

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.mphpress.com
Now that the adventure is over
« on: September 06, 2004, 03:20:10 pm »
Did everyone have a good time?

I think the highlignths of the convention for me were getting beta read, witnessing the apparent end of a relationship as the Jealous Girlfried (tm) read\red her head after someone made a silly ass of himself, and seeing a lot of sutff in the delaer's room, from Tea Club to manga and anime of every description, that I really wish i could have bought.

What were your highlights?
Michael Hopcroft Press
http://www.mphpress.com

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 03:28:47 pm »
You where in the beta station too?

I was the guy with the Linkin Park hat on, ALL THE TIME. o_O;;

Interestingly enough, I thought I had packed a few more hats, but it seems I forgot.

This being my first time at a con, I must say I had a hell of a time.

I spent most the time in the Fanfic area hanging out with Rem and everyone else, it was fun to hear all the other great fics and stuff.

I wasn't able to get over my social disorder though, I stayed quiet most of the time. >__<;

Ah well, I will keep trying to fix that, and many other problems of mine.

Unfortunatly, I had to leave early because the trip home would be about a five hour drive, due to traffic. So, I just got home not to long ago.

I am definantly coming to Kumoricon 2005 (and I can forsee the future that there WILL be one!).

Offline celticangel

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004, 04:41:35 pm »
Quote from: "Dustin"
I wasn't able to get over my social disorder though, I stayed quiet most of the time. >__<;

You talked to me! I was the Kankuro, talking to the Shikamaru and you hear us talking about Chouji. I could be wrong. It was getting late then, and I'm tired now.

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
    • http://mistresslegato.deviantart.com
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2004, 06:13:17 pm »
I have social anxiety, too, but I felt really at home with the Kumoriconners after the first few hours.  It was great fun!

AMV's, the dating game, karaoke, weird things happening in the halls . . . ah, teh cosplay *sniffle* though I didn't win anything, was much fun and I got to hang out with a lot of cool people and Hakkai, the most nicest person of like ALL time.  And she let me give her a hug :D  So it was even better.

Hunting for the shiny thing with the Turks was a load of fun, too!  Though we never did make it too far without hearing somebody else exclaim "I FOUND IT!"

Cosplaying as Nataku was a lot of fun, too.  I felt pretty as a pretty bishounen!
Demon nurse, la la lalalalalalala, Demon Nurse . . .

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2004, 08:36:22 pm »
Quote from: "celticangel"
Quote from: "Dustin"

You talked to me! I was the Kankuro, talking to the Shikamaru and you hear us talking about Chouji. I could be wrong. It was getting late then, and I'm tired now.

Yep, I remember you.

That was a great Kankuro cosplay, too!

Also, I was alot more loosened up by the second day. Still, social anxiety problems suck.

There where many things I wanted to comment on. Not just the One Piece Smoker thing, but also, what do ya think 4Kids will do to Mr. 2 (Bon Clay)?

I'm thinking it'll be the Sailor Moon gender change thing all over again. ;__;

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2004, 11:41:00 pm »
I LOVED the Naruto cosplay, that was much funness! ^.^

Fanfiction, DDR (had to test the pads, you know.  To make sure they worked, honest! ^.^; ), ceremonies, everything I attended was just plain cool! ^.^ (I didn't go to many of the events, I was a very busy person on duty.)
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.

Offline zenix

• Chibi
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2004, 12:18:28 am »
social anxiety seems to be somewhat common i know i dont talk to many people but i feel a bit more comfy around people that look like they get out about as much as me i know i talked more to to other people alot more then i would have anyware else

i had a blast i really liked the brad demoss panel and the video rooms though i only found the one on the 3rd floor the 3rd day lol

even though i never played ddr i would sit and listen to the music damn some people are good at that

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2004, 12:59:42 am »
I feel like I talked to everyone there hehe but its all good.  I had an absolute blast and I hope to do so again next year :).  I just hope we all keep in contact.  :)
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2004, 03:14:23 pm »
one of the reasons we have the beta station is for folks to be able to network in a low-key, soft and gentle, cozy atmosphere. many folks need "icebreakers" and being able to read each others' fanfics seems to work :)
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Kei-Kei

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2004, 07:57:27 pm »
This was such a good convention. Even when I wasn't doing anything other than sitting (either because I was too warm or too tired to walk) I wasn't bored. My hight lights were....

Playing DDR in my costume Sunday. Zenix said I'd trip and fall off the mat. Ha! I got my best score yet.
The Anbu who got the entire cosplay line singing Bohemian Rhapsody and the "hair gel" portion of their skit.
Sailor Mercury's obsession with Para Para.
Setting down my mask and forgetting to pick it up when I left anywhere.
Joe from Bakazoku on Sunday petting my costume and saying "I like my girls all natural..."

[size=9]"I laughed, I cried, I died; inside."[/size]