Author Topic: I figure I'll introduce myself.  (Read 2246 times)

Offline gravija

• Oni
    • The Art of Anime Club
I figure I'll introduce myself.
« on: October 11, 2007, 11:26:27 pm »
I'm sure you don't know me and I certainly don't know you. I'm gravija from Virginia and after seeing the CNN.com report on geek.kon, a small anime/sci-fi convention in Wisconsin, I got the idea to undertake a slightly ambitious project. I'm attempting to join the forums of anime organizations from every state in the United States in an attempt to be further educated about anime culture and fandom all around the nation. I've belonged to multiple anime clubs in my area and I've either attended or participated in various conventions around here as well for years.

Personally, I've always been intrigued by American anime society, and "geek society" in general and I started writing about it. I want to see what people around the country do with their enjoyment of anime, gaming, and other pursuits that the general populace would find esoteric and "geeky" and help incorporate these ideas within my writing and to help out organizations in my area.

So, in short, I want to simply get to know how you all operate and I'm just going to post and have fun like everyone else, assuming you all don't mind. ^_^

(Note: TomtheFanboy and valliegirl, this is the same gravija you know from elsewhere. o_o)

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Re: I figure I'll introduce myself.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 02:31:17 pm »
Of course it's you!
Nobody else here would be rickroll'd!

You see people, this is what happens you read Conscrew. You get new people in your forums. ;)

To introduce him a little better, He is an old hand at forums for other anime clubs and video games (like the infamous GameFAQs forums). So he's not just some weirdo journalist. He's actually a fan.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline gravija

• Oni
    • The Art of Anime Club
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 08:31:45 pm »
Aww... But weirdo journalists are FUN! I'm seriously considering becoming one after this past weekend. >_>;

Actually, no... I'm considering becoming a journalist that can actually make use of my being a fan. <_<;

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 08:42:43 pm »
I take advantage of Kumoricon as an opportunity to do three primary activities and numerous secondary activities.

Primary activities:
-Play Video Games
-Organise (video game related) things (I should be doing this officially next year, after 2 years of it kind of just happening by accident)
-Meet people. (CKRAZEH PEEPEL!)

Secondary Activities:
-Go to CKRAZEH dances. (and dance all CKRAZEH-like)
-Practice for halloween.
-Hug random people with significantly lowered risk of consequence
-Make fun of people

Tertiary Activities:
-Not have to deal with my family for a weekend
-Spend money
-Make money (sort of.  In the form of winning tournaments.  I almost broke even last year.  Came out $5 behind.)
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 08:53:14 pm »
What tournaments could you make money in?
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 09:01:40 pm »
Nice to meet you!! Now that you have joined the forums you should invest in coming to kumoricon!

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 10:43:58 pm »
Welcome! How ya doin'?

Offline valliegirl

• Catgirl
    • http://valliegirl.elite-otaku.net
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 11:11:56 am »
^_^  Yay Gravija!

I think one of the best things about Kumoricon is that it's not just a once a year event.  Beyond the meetings that happen once a month, there's quite a few social happenings that pop up now and then.  People arrange meetups, create social clubs, or just make friends and get together to hang around.   

And the forum is where it all happens.

See you around!
Take a chance 'cause you might grow
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://valliegirl.livejournal.com & http://www.myspace.com/valliegirl1013