Author Topic: unofficial cosplay chess 08  (Read 125047 times)

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
Re: unofficial cosplay chess 08
« Reply #250 on: June 07, 2008, 10:59:04 pm »
Heh, I'm totally sending in an app. as Reno. ^^ I would just about die of happiness if I could fight either the Axel or the Renji... or both!! >< Redhead battle royale, GO!! XD

Heh, probably won't happen... but I've wanted to be in a cossplay chess match since Kumoricon 06, which was my first ever. Heh heh... we shall see. *devious eyebrow waggle*

'The Renji'?

*looks around*

I'm the only one I know of who was in the Chess game.
I kind of don't have red hair anymore. It's.. very  black because I go as Byakuya now.
( The miniature version from the manga)

But everyone has been nagging the hell out of me ( Especially the Byakuya who was in the chess game.') to go as Renji again.

Offline sk_chan

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Rekkazor (Rekka's Cosplay Page)
« Reply #251 on: June 08, 2008, 01:50:36 pm »
Okay, so it's here: http://www.kumoricon.org/?page_id=95

But I can't find the e-mail address to send the info to. Am I blind? ???
KUMORICON 2015 COSPLAYS!

Kageyama (Haikyuu!)
Tuxedo Mask (Sailor Moon)
Karma (AssClass)
Ryuuko ep. 1 ver. (KLK)
Others...

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #252 on: June 08, 2008, 02:52:39 pm »

I want to know what you do if you have more than one costume. I intend to have three by KC. Also, depending on which costume I use I may want be a player rather than a piece.

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #253 on: June 08, 2008, 04:02:43 pm »
I would suggest picking the one most well known, ThiefKingsHier. They're looking for popular characters, but we don't want 30 Naruto. Get it? ;)

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #254 on: June 08, 2008, 06:55:11 pm »
Okay guys, rules and sign-up are available in this thread: http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=6889.0

Please keep discussion to that thread.  If it gets too confusing, I will have to lock this one.

2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline twtmc

• Oni
« Reply #255 on: June 08, 2008, 07:06:14 pm »
Organizer of the SakuraCon and Anime Evolution chess games here. I really wish I could make it to kumoricon this year, but alas I already have a ticket to PAX. I would just like to put out the suggestion of pre-scripting the moves based on a professional chess match (I get mine from chessbase.com). I cannot tell you enough how much it was worth it doing it at SC this year. I didn't get 1 complaint about the game being a horrible game of chess (well, one, but their complaint wasn't valid because they didn't know the rules of chess), every piece got to move because I chose a game that had that, and this allowed the pieces to co-ordinate their battles a lot more. If you have the time to do that, the results will certainly be worth it.

Why not have the kings hold the scripts and give commands to their pieces? That way the critical players can know what the next move is and other pieces don't know who's fighting who until the command is issued. Kind of in the middle of both ideas. 8)
Well one of the reasons to have it scripted is so that some of the pieces can start collaborating before the con as to what they want to do for their battle. This makes it so the battles last more than just 10 seconds, sometimes up to 2 minutes.

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #256 on: June 08, 2008, 07:31:03 pm »
Okay guys, rules and sign-up are available in this thread: http://www.kumoricon.org/forums/index.php?topic=6889.0

Please keep discussion to that thread.  If it gets too confusing, I will have to lock this one.

Okay so go there for questions regarding sign up? What is this thread for then?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 07:32:18 pm by ThiefKingsHier »

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #257 on: June 08, 2008, 08:35:08 pm »
Discussion, mostly...

Offline PockyReno

• Chibi
    • My DA Account
« Reply #258 on: June 15, 2008, 02:58:39 pm »
'The Renji'?

*looks around*

I kind of don't have red hair anymore. It's.. very  black because I go as Byakuya now.

But everyone has been nagging the hell out of me ( Especially the Byakuya who was in the chess game.') to go as Renji again.

Oh, heh heh... Didn't want to sound like I was nagging. ^^'' Just thought it might be cool... wouldn't mind fighting Byakuya either though, even if it means I'd probably lose. XD
Kumoricon 2013:
Reno - FFVII Advent Children
Secret Police Kaito - Vocaloid
My Mayor - Animal Crossing New Leaf

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #259 on: June 15, 2008, 06:05:14 pm »
'The Renji'?

*looks around*

Oh, heh heh... Didn't want to sound like I was nagging. ^^'' Just thought it might be cool... wouldn't mind fighting Byakuya either though, even if it means I'd probably lose. XD

Nah, it's  cool. I'm actually kind of flattered. Had I known my Renji cosplay was that popular I wouldn't have changed

Chances are, I won't be in my 'Byakuya costume'.
I would  really like to fight as him, but no one would recognize the costume. It's young Byakuya who is in one volume of the manga.

I hate to say it, but anyone could beat him.  Chibi-Byakun's only weapon are a horrible temper and a wooden sword >>
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 06:05:56 pm by ThiefKingsHier »

Offline LtCommanderRichie

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #260 on: July 05, 2008, 03:38:25 pm »
As soon as I finish my artbook Trinity Blood nun (secret character that will be known to select few people(select few being the Cosplay Chess organizers)) I'm applying! Hopefully Trinity Blood is mainstream and recognizeable enough that I'll be allowed in. I'm definitely looking forawrd to it!

Offline PockyReno

• Chibi
    • My DA Account
« Reply #261 on: July 18, 2008, 08:29:47 pm »

Nah, it's  cool. I'm actually kind of flattered. Had I known my Renji cosplay was that popular I wouldn't have changed

I would  really like to fight as him, but no one would recognize the costume. It's young Byakuya who is in one volume of the manga.

I hate to say it, but anyone could beat him.  Chibi-Byakun's only weapon are a horrible temper and a wooden sword >>

Heh... guess it wouldn't be the first time Reno was beaten by a little kid. ^^''
Kumoricon 2013:
Reno - FFVII Advent Children
Secret Police Kaito - Vocaloid
My Mayor - Animal Crossing New Leaf

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #262 on: July 18, 2008, 10:33:40 pm »
So I read Chapter 85 of the FMA manga today and found this page(s) to be highly amusing:

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f82/Majinekochan/06-07.png

All the little figures, there so cute, I want a set like that now.

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #263 on: July 24, 2008, 12:37:46 am »

Heh... guess it wouldn't be the first time Reno was beaten by a little kid. ^^''

Ahaha!!
 I meant that anyone could beat little Byakuya as he just swings a stick around and cusses at people.
 I wasn't thinking when I wrote that but now I see how you could mistake the two! XD
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 12:39:09 am by ThiefKingsHier »

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #264 on: July 29, 2008, 12:40:06 am »
What would the game board look like? In some past videos I saw it as tiles, and sometimes as squares of tape on the floor. I was wondering if I could ask to use the game board after the chess game, for a cosplay game of my own? Also just asking so I don't have to scan through every single page, what day, what time, and what room the game will be in?
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
« Reply #265 on: August 05, 2008, 11:42:17 pm »
time to send in pix
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #266 on: August 06, 2008, 07:47:05 am »
What would the game board look like? In some past videos I saw it as tiles, and sometimes as squares of tape on the floor. I was wondering if I could ask to use the game board after the chess game, for a cosplay game of my own? Also just asking so I don't have to scan through every single page, what day, what time, and what room the game will be in?

Cosplay Chess is Monday from noon-3.  It is one of the last events of con... depending on what you had in mind, you might not have time.  The board will either be squares of carpet (I'm hoping) or tape like last year.
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline kissarmy

• Chibi
    • Kisswars
« Reply #267 on: August 06, 2008, 11:11:17 pm »

Cosplay Chess is Monday from noon-3.  It is one of the last events of con... depending on what you had in mind, you might not have time.  The board will either be squares of carpet (I'm hoping) or tape like last year.

YAY CHESS!!! the tape was good last year but if you do the carpet lets have them colored and not being used for whatever and scattered all across a convention..... (remembers past chess matches :P)
www.myspace.com/parasolcosplay         
Kumoricon 08
~LEEROY JENKINS - World of Warcraft
~EPIC SECRET COSPLAY

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #268 on: August 07, 2008, 01:59:42 am »

YAY CHESS!!! the tape was good last year but if you do the carpet lets have them colored and not being used for whatever and scattered all across a convention..... (remembers past chess matches :P)

I concur. We couldn't even find all of the missing squares.

Offline RoseMustang

• Chibi
« Reply #269 on: August 08, 2008, 12:06:43 pm »

xD -remembers the missing squares- .... xD goooood times
Kumori-Con- 2010
The Quote: "It's like a sports bra, for your junk"

Doctor Who - Human TARDIS [with Weeping Angel]
Nightmare Before Christmas - Sally [with a Zero]

Offline kissarmy

• Chibi
    • Kisswars
« Reply #270 on: August 08, 2008, 05:17:19 pm »

xD -remembers the missing squares- .... xD goooood times

lol ya.... *sigh*
www.myspace.com/parasolcosplay         
Kumoricon 08
~LEEROY JENKINS - World of Warcraft
~EPIC SECRET COSPLAY

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #271 on: August 14, 2008, 03:44:17 am »
OKAY. FINALLY took a picture of Itachi to send in. Jamiche, that should be getting through, hopefully. If it's too unclear, I can take another one since my camera skills are 'a la crap' at 3:45 AM...And any other time. >>

Offline RoseMustang

• Chibi
« Reply #272 on: August 22, 2008, 05:34:41 pm »
._. -going to have a heart attack-

This is what I get for going on vacation. AND picking a popular character. -fans self-

HOW IS EVERYONE :3
Kumori-Con- 2010
The Quote: "It's like a sports bra, for your junk"

Doctor Who - Human TARDIS [with Weeping Angel]
Nightmare Before Christmas - Sally [with a Zero]

Offline Nanao_chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #273 on: August 22, 2008, 09:19:58 pm »
We are spiffy. :P Hopefully, my Sakura will be ok enough ^.^ I've had plenty of compliments on it in the past years and Temari made it to the match last year. So I'm crossing my fingers.
-----------------------------
The Random Panel of Doom: More adults than you can shake some pocky at.
(RPoD Panelist 2008-2014)