Author Topic: Japan Festival In Beaverton, OR SEPT 18&19, 2004  (Read 21854 times)

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
Japan Festival In Beaverton, OR SEPT 18&19, 2004
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2004, 10:38:54 am »
Quote from: "Oubeji"

Hey....I have not seen the Raikou episode yet. (O_O) !!!
Is it in Japanese?

Yeah, it's undubbed and also *nearly* unreleased in Japan. It was a TV special, and only released on rental VHS--no home release.

(say what you will about the dubbers, though--they'd *have* to give Bashou a better voice than he had in Japanese. You don't take a feminine guy who's easily mistakable for a woman and give him the *DEEPEST VOICE IN THE MOVIE*!!)

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2004, 02:10:02 pm »
Quote from: "Kurimono"
PS is anyone going to cosplay as well?  I know Hikaru wanted to see a Sasuke.  I like to see Flikaeris's outfit she said she would wear to there.  I just hope she can get a ride. ^_^*  Sorry, but I can't drive at all, so I can't give any rides :(.

*sighs*  No ride for me...oh well, maybe next time.

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2004, 05:08:39 pm »
I went up on Saturday and it was pretty fun, although it was terribly cold and windy.  My kid was TERRIFIED of the Hello Kitty person, which was funny.  It was fun to see some of the people from the con though.
The trick is not minding.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2004, 08:12:14 pm »
Quote from: "FilkAeris"*sighs*  No ride for me...oh well, maybe next time.[/quote

It sucks that weren't you able to get a ride =(.  The manga has like one of the cutest pic of Sakura in a kimono, I would of like to see someone dress up like it(a yukata would be close enough).
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline sukotto

• Cabbit
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2004, 10:59:41 am »
Anyone take any pics there , I was planning to go but plans had to change at the last minute.

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2004, 11:02:40 am »
Quote from: "drgnlo"
Anyone take any pics there , I was planning to go but plans had to change at the last minute.

um... I took a pic of my kid with Hello Kitty...  If it turns out good and funny I'll post it.
The trick is not minding.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2004, 11:09:16 am »
I took a bunch of pictures while I was there.   Most of them were on Saturday, but did get a few on the 2nd day.  I did get a picture of two members of the Bakazoku as well.  Except for myself and Hikari, no one else there was in cosplay though.  Which reminds me of the glomp from behind I recieved from YariChuu X_X.  Either way, I may upload the pictures to a website at later date(I do have a geocites site, but the bandwith limit makes it poorly suited for pictures).  Until that happens, you can try getting them from me at my email janus_97006@yahoo.com or on AIM janus97006.  Just note that I rarely ck my email as I usually just expect junk mail out of it.  You'll have better luck on AIM as I'm on for most of the day.

Offline celticangel

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2004, 02:18:50 pm »
:( I was planning to go. I was really looking foreward to it. Then sudden change of plans (the night before!). My seat in the car was given to someone else, and I didn't have gas money to drive myself.

Maybe next year!

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2004, 06:09:29 pm »
Like I said at the festival, Kurimono, the you might want to get an account here.

www.photobucket.com.

I'm almost done uploading my pics.  They're at

http://photobucket.com/albums/v442/hikaru_maxwell/Festival%20Japan%202004/

~*~Member of Cannot Unsee~*~

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2004, 07:45:00 pm »
Quote from: "hikaru_maxwell"
Like I said at the festival, Kurimono, the you might want to get an account here.

www.photobucket.com.

I'm almost done uploading my pics.  They're at

http://photobucket.com/albums/v442/hikaru_maxwell/Festival%20Japan%202004/

yeah,  I remember. ^_^  But remember what I said....I can be as lazy as shikamaru...^_^

Chinadoll

« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2004, 08:37:11 pm »
I went there on Sunday. It was darn fun. God, Taiyaki (er...or is it taiyukio cant remember) was great. I recognize a few of you guys in those piccies.

I also remember seeing a girl with cat ears :-p And i thoughg 'huh there is a gorl with cat ears :-p'

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2004, 04:59:58 pm »
Yeah!  I got a few more pics up.  I ran out of time yesterday.  Hopefully the ones with Jeremiah in them will load properly this time.  (Even his pictures hide!)  Heh.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2004, 07:29:19 pm »
oh that reminds me of one my pictures of him.   Just as I took the picture, a random girl walked up and blocks the view of my camera so you can only see his head O_o.

Offline Purishira

• Cabbit
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2004, 08:09:32 pm »
I went to the Festival on Sunday. =3 It was great! I took a picture with the Hello Kitty too...poor thing, it looked really tired from balancing that giant head ;; I also caught some goldfish. I did not see any cosplayers, but I DID see a girl with fox ears and a tail! XD The takoyaki(?) were really good. =3 Maybe i'll post some of the pictures up when I get them developed.

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2004, 03:17:24 pm »
There weren't that many cosplayers.  By my count, there was me (Endless waltz duo/Dark Misato), a Haku, Asakura sort of dressed up, there was the fox girl, the Bishie cat boy, and a bunch of hello Kitty people.  That was pretty much it, though.