Author Topic: KIRA LIVES...scary stuff  (Read 10126 times)

Offline balmno

• Sailor Scout
KIRA LIVES...scary stuff
« on: October 02, 2007, 12:51:34 am »
I don't know how many of you heard about this already, but in Belgium 2 dead bodies were found with Death notes next to them

here is the link if you wanna read:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-10-01/notes-left-near-bodies-in-belgium-linked-to-death-note

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
Re: KIRA LIVES...scary stuff
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 08:04:17 am »
It's people like this that give anime a bad name =/

I'd be more interested if the people died of heart attacks, quite honestly >3>

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 01:54:38 pm »
The creepiest part is that given the description of the remaining bodyparts, there's enough left for them to still be medically alive, even though those would be mortal injuries without treatment.  Though granted, if that crud happened to me, I'd REALLY be wanting death.
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 04:26:02 pm »
Ugh that's so sick...and scary. I just wish people didn't give a bad name to anime like that either :\

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 12:05:08 am »
Okay, so I'm kind of wondering WHAT KIND OF WEIRDO KILLS A COUPLA PEOPLE, CUTS OFF THEIR THIGHS AND ABDOMEN, THEN DUMPS THEM IN A PARK WITH A MISSPELLED ANIME REFERRENCE.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 07:24:14 am »
Okay, so I'm kind of wondering WHAT KIND OF WEIRDO KILLS A COUPLA PEOPLE, CUTS OFF THEIR THIGHS AND ABDOMEN, THEN DUMPS THEM IN A PARK WITH A MISSPELLED ANIME REFERRENCE.
Seriously.  Sicko.. I really hope it doesn't happen again, the last thing we need is bad european anime press leaking into our news stations

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 04:19:05 pm »
When I first read this I was absolutely disgusted.

As a fan of Death Note, I have to say that this is a huge disgrace to the fandom. It's crap like this that's going to get it banned.

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 04:22:48 pm »
So, would it be sadistic and immoral to come to Kumoricon '08 with a pair of thighs and an abdomen cut off of one of those creepy life-like dolls and see if anyone catches the reference?

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 08:09:59 pm »
As a fan of Death Note, I have to say that this is a huge disgrace to the fandom. It's crap like this that's going to get it banned.
Actually I heard Death Note is banned in China.  I read it in an anime magazine recently but I can't remember which one.  (It has Death Note on the cover)

Offline Cassiopeia

• Bunnygirl
    • Cake on a Plane!~
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 09:02:22 pm »
Actually I heard Death Note is banned in China.  I read it in an anime magazine recently but I can't remember which one.  (It has Death Note on the cover)

Oh, yeah, my friend told me that :0
I HAVE SUCCUMBED AND GIVEN MYSELF A SIGNATURE! :000
Kumoricon 2010 Cosplays: Kyouya Ootori, Spain, Yoru

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2007, 09:15:59 pm »

I do believe it's banned in China. Another reason to believe it could happen here if people keep pulling stunts like this. ._.;

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2007, 10:16:20 pm »

I do believe it's banned in China. Another reason to believe it could happen here if people keep pulling stunts like this. ._.;
To be perfectly honest, with how much the US censors stuff, I wouldn't be surprised.
I guess we'll found out soon enough once Adult Swim airs Death Note.

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2007, 11:15:31 pm »

To be perfectly honest, with how much the US censors stuff, I wouldn't be surprised.

I thought it was only banned in a few cities, because some students made a fake deathnote to put other kids and teachers in and stuff -_-

Even WITH how much US censors, I doubt it'll get banned here. Highly. I dunno, there's just so much else we get away with.

... Though I bet you could get in trouble for having a deathnote in public or something o__o

---

Odd story 8D;;

When my dad had to go to the emergency room once, I brought my deathnote with me when me and my sis headed there. A nurse saw the cover when I accidentally had the text side out, but she didn't say anything about it. I wonder what she thought owo;;;

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2007, 12:51:17 am »

Even WITH how much US censors, I doubt it'll get banned here. Highly. I dunno, there's just so much else we get away with.
I guess I should have clarified what I said.  I meant to say if it were banned in the US, I wouldn't be surprised.

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2007, 05:11:42 pm »
At least I read the entire series already...phew~! It would've been terrible if I was in the middle, and it got banned... : I

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2007, 05:18:54 pm »

I wouldn't be surprised either. Like you said, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. *hopes that I won't be seeing Death Notes being sold at Hot Topic*

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2007, 05:26:31 pm »
My god, people are stupid.  I just hope they don't ruin the anime for us here in the US with our censor-happy networks.
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"

Offline balmno

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2007, 06:07:16 pm »
I read the an article a long time ago on animenewsnetwork.com about the Death Note ban in ching. It was because kids were writing peoples names in home-made death notes.

even if it gets banned on television, Im sure you can always find it subbed somewhere, or imported copies on the internet.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2007, 11:42:32 pm »
My god, people are stupid.  I just hope they don't ruin the anime for us here in the US with our censor-happy networks.
"This just in, 4kids will be doing to dub for Death Note and have it aimed toward children ages 5-12.  The title shall be changed to 'Sleep Note,' Ryuk will now be wearing bright colors and speak in a soothing voice, and everyone who is written in the Sleep Note will fall asleep but will be fine."

Offline BoredHorror

• Chibi
    • http://www.boredhorror.deviantart.com
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2007, 08:53:54 pm »
lol it's interesting to see how much controversy this manga has brought up

and now for your entertainment:

check this out if you haven't seen it already

if you're scratching your head and wondering "what?" look again, closely! when you see it you'll flip out

(lol and btw apparently no one was actually hurt in the car crash)
-Mikae

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2007, 09:00:41 pm »
That picture is hard to see clearly.  I understand but it is hard to see

*hopes that I won't be seeing Death Notes being sold at Hot Topic*

I thought that same thing!

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2007, 10:01:41 pm »
*hopes that I won't be seeing Death Notes being sold at Hot Topic*

I thought that same thing!

Omg no, please no D;

--

And boredhorror, I just wish I could fav pictures or something like on DA xD *saves*

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2007, 10:44:54 pm »
That picture is ballin'. :D

Offline antibishie

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.antibishie.com
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2007, 05:02:36 am »
Ahhh, has no one read "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure"?  In the fourth series there is a character named Kira... who happens to blow people up and save their body parts.  This person is obviously a fan of older manga.
-----
Jeremy Forbes
"You have much YAOI-esque-ness here...!"
http://www.antibishie.com

Offline BoredHorror

• Chibi
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2007, 10:06:12 pm »
Bwah ha ha ha ha! That picture is great!

And arn't you suposed to be in school BoredHorror? lol

:D aww but I posted it at 07:53:54 PM

but yeah today? I stayed home

-Mikae

Offline BoredHorror

• Chibi
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2007, 08:09:59 pm »
Bwah ha ha ha ha! That picture is great!

And arn't you suposed to be in school BoredHorror? lol

:D aww but I posted it at 07:53:54 PM

but yeah today? I stayed home

ahhhh... sickly? or hooky?

taking a breaky
-Mikae

Offline sexynojutsusasuke

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2007, 06:13:16 pm »
thats just sad
i being a person that owns a deathnote book
and when i read that article....i almost wanted to burn it
^^;;;;;;;;;;;;
but i love the series and i cant believe that someone would
do that
what would be scary would be if that happend
at Kumori Con or Sakura Con
*shudders*
planned cosplay:
Namine
Misa Amane

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2007, 02:58:52 pm »
Oh my god....HE LIVES!!! Just kidding.

Offline maetel

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/maetel9/
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2007, 03:53:20 pm »
um...
i think i'm a lot more concerned that someone was killed, or at least seriously mutilated, than "omg baaaaaaw the anime i like might get banned/censored"
there's a very disturbed person (or persons) out there

:/
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 03:58:22 pm by maetel »

Offline maetel

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/maetel9/
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2007, 03:59:01 pm »
x__x double post
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 08:52:01 pm by maetel »

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2007, 11:34:18 pm »
Wow- that's just horrible. I watch alot of those crime shows (like CSI, Law & Order, Criminal Minds) and there are ALOT of crazies out there. But this isn't the first time someone's immitated a murder from popular culture or art. Decades ago, there was a serial killer I think in Europe (or maybe America) that immitated deaths from Salvador Dali paintings.

Very gruesome *shudders*. And I'm genuinlly sorry for that man's family.

Offline balmno

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2007, 08:57:18 pm »
Death Note made news again a while ago (I can't remember the date) about the deathnoteonline.com site. Its not as extreme as the murders, but I like how Death Note keeps making the news.

Offline Sugarlat

• Bunnygirl
    • Youtube - Sugarlatdesu
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2007, 09:04:20 pm »
Really, That's just horrible. Now we know there are even more sicko's then we know out there!! OhMyGaa!!! WHERE ALL GONNA DIE!!!! But really Death Note is popping up quite a bit lately, it could be that since death not is now showing on Adult swim kids or teenagers [like me] who's staying up late [like me] to watch it. But I really don't see the harm in it. And I think your right AntiBishi, But maybe they where trying to put them together??? But Why 'Watashi was Kira dess?' could it mean something else? And why was it mispelled? Those are my wonders...

Offline Scar Yurio

• Cabbit
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2007, 04:07:31 pm »
i knew someone would do this no surprise

Offline GaaraoftheFunk

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2008, 04:27:57 am »
This may sound heartless,But that artical kinda makes me laugh.xD
I guess some people are die-hard fans of different manga and anime,And they feel the need to live out the roles of the charectors.

Only with spelling errors.XD

Offline wolfy2491

• Chibi
    • My facebook~
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2008, 09:59:24 pm »
See, now that's why people make fun of people who like anime and manga stuff (such as me ^^ *dances*). Because people are stupid sometimes. I heard on the news that some girl in middle school went around with a fake Death Note and wrote people's names in it that she didn't like, and she got in trouble. ???

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2008, 10:04:38 pm »
Apparently there's a herpes note or something along those lines running around my school.

Write someone's name in it and they have herpes.

It's not the cause, but it's the truth; everyone at my school has herpes.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2008, 12:11:53 pm »
Well, considering how cryptic the story of Death Note is (what with secret messages from Kira and so on...), one could pose the thought that "dess" was misspelled on purpose....but I won't go there, lol.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline balmno

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2008, 05:31:07 pm »
This isn't Death Note related, but I thought it would be worth mentioning. Some kid in Connecticut was arrested for uploading a video on youtube with a threatening naruto quote. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-03-04/teenager-video-with-naruto-quote-leads-to-arrest

I find this hilarious, because if your going to threat someone why use a Naruto quote? I wonder if this is going to become more and more like the Death Note trend; where kids keep writing other students names in.

Offline sekitan bun

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2008, 09:21:31 am »
How can deathnote be banned in china? there are chinese exchange students at my school, and she said she read deathnote back in china.
also one day she said I looked like L when I had my hair styled and she started petting my hair....She's too adorable to be real, she's like 17 and 4'9" X3
Cosplays 09:
Sebastian Michaelis-kuroshitsujiKarren-code geass

Offline sekitan bun

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2008, 09:23:33 am »
You know I ALWAYS wondered if someone would actually do something like that! I didn't know it would actually happen!
(or that the writing would be mispelled O_o)
That's just creepy...
Cosplays 09:
Sebastian Michaelis-kuroshitsujiKarren-code geass

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2008, 04:25:16 pm »
it kinda like those trials where kids listen to rap or heavy metal and it made them kill people

when people do bad things they look for anything else to blame it on, or a as an excuse of why they did it, other then owning up to it themself,
it dosent get them off, it only ends up dirtying the reputation of what they claimed "made them do it"

admitly there is a thin line between not being resoncible for other peoples actions, and creators being respocible for their work

Stephen King requested one of his books go out of print after a school shooting was linked to it, he wanted to do whatever he could to prevent another occurance, even tho the shooting wasn't his fault 
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline neko_goes_nyaaa

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2008, 11:58:22 pm »

I wouldn't worry so much about it being b4n-h4mm3rd in America,
and as for Hot Topic, they already have DeathNote t-shirts and they
sell DVD's of "Old Boy" the movie that supposedly inspired that Korean
kid who's name I can't remember to go do the Virginia Tech massacre.

My question: Did Hot Topic sell that move before, or AFTER
all the V-Tech stuff? Stupid people always gotta ruin stuff
for everyone else. Next thing y'know people will start killing
people or themselves and blaming Dir en grey songs... u.u

"zOMG, SUICIDE ISH TEH PROOF OF LIEFZ!!1 GUDBAI CRULE WURLD!"
Then Diru will hafta go through some big court battle like Judas Priest, lulz.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 02:39:01 am by neko_goes_nyaaa »

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2008, 07:35:23 am »

I wouldn't worry so much about it being b4n-h4mm3rd in America,
and as for Hot Topic, they already have DeathNote t-shirts and they
sell DVD's of "Old Boy" the movie that supposedly inspired that Korean
kid who's name I can't remember to go do the Virginia Tech massacre.

My question: Did Hot Topic sell that move before, or AFTER
all the V-Tech stuff? Stupid people always gotta ruin stuff
for everyone else. Next thing y'know people will start killing
people or themselves and blaming Dir en grey songs... u.u

"zOMG, SUICIDE ISH TEH PROOF OF LIEFZ!!1 GUDBAI CRULE WURLD!"
Then Diru will hafta go through some big court battle like Judas Priest, lulz.

Hot Topic has been carrying films like Oldboy and Suicide Club for a couple years now. The Japan craze has increased the amount of stuff they offer, but Oldboy and Suicide Club have been two of the "first wave", if you will.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2008, 10:00:37 am »
and the post of hot topic selling death note stuff was from october, i dont know if they had it then
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids